PDA

View Full Version : Really Easy Offspring Songs To Play On Guitar

Telekinesis
09-20-2005, 02:58 AM
Hi, I know this has already been done but the other thread didn't exactly make sense. I just started guitar yesterday so I wanted to know some really easy Offspring songs to play on guitar. I really suck now I can't even play chords so can you just tell me some easy songs or direct me to a page holding them. OK thanks

neocon58
09-20-2005, 03:41 AM
I choose. Start with that and work your way up to Pretty Fly.

Telekinesis
09-20-2005, 03:43 AM
Thanks! :)

SkyRocker
09-20-2005, 04:08 AM
I started with Dirty Magic and Original Prankster, they have easy riffs.

platinumpt
09-20-2005, 04:26 AM
I started with Dirty Magic too, very easy. Self Esteem is also very easy. From Splinter, try Hit That, the guitar chords are simple. Pretty fly is one of the hardest, indeed O_o

SkyRocker
09-20-2005, 04:47 AM
I personally find self esteem harder that pretty fly because of hand speed and dead chords to master.

Nrk
09-20-2005, 05:10 AM
Uhh, kick him when he's down is pretty easy, All I want, Never gonna find me, Kids aren't alright, the noose, long way home... pretty much all songs.

IdiotOfTheDay
09-20-2005, 05:14 AM
The first song I ever learned was Gotta Get Away...I printed out tabs. And my "Have You Ever" tabs say they're easy for beginners...so you could try that too.

SkyRocker
09-20-2005, 05:18 AM
Uhh, kick him when he's down is pretty easy, All I want, Never gonna find me, Kids aren't alright, the noose, long way home... pretty much all songs.
She started yesterday, she won't get the intro of TKAA quickly !

Manic subsidal
09-20-2005, 05:37 AM
s/t songs are a piece of cake.

Ok seriously, you could probably learn the beheaded intro. Dirty magic has a cool easy riff too.

The-Offspring-RuLe
09-20-2005, 08:34 AM
Go For Can't Repeat or Spare Me The Details

Nirushika6789
09-20-2005, 09:25 AM
i only started 3 weeks ago and i can play gotta get away,we are one (really easy), defy you (also really easy),self esteem and some from other bands

so try some of those maybe...we are one is REALLY EASY

farelly
09-20-2005, 09:35 AM
where can I find some Offspring tabs? I usually get tabs from a lot of groups in www.mxtabs.net, but I would like to know another web.

Nirushika6789
09-20-2005, 09:39 AM
http://www.e-tabs.org/tab/offspring

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/

there u go...u should really try we are one...its dead easy

notoriousdoc
09-20-2005, 09:45 AM
To start off, just try to learn Tabs and practice powerchords. I learned on We are one, that's incredibly easy:
We are one (http://www.offspring.art.pl/dyskografia/tabulatury/2g.tab)

Good luck

H_Sea
09-20-2005, 10:21 AM
Cant Get My Head Around You is really easy- chords: E, G, D, A all the way through.

H_Sea
09-20-2005, 10:21 AM
i dont mean powerchords, i mean actual chords, i dont know what its like with powerchords. sorry.

offspringpunker
09-20-2005, 11:01 AM

All i want is not a good song to start out with. It's a very fast song. And i don't think a begginer could keep up with the speed or the tempo! Id say start out with Self Esteem simple but affective that's the first offspring song i learnt. It is a bit like Nirvanas Smells Like Teen Spirit. Also Amazed is pretty easy. Oh and No Hero.

offspringpunker
09-20-2005, 12:41 PM
Also She's Got Issues is an easy one to play!

IdiotOfTheDay
09-20-2005, 01:50 PM
http://offspring-online.com/oo/tabslyrics.html
It's an Offspring fan site, it has tons of tabs.

nameless
09-20-2005, 01:53 PM
i just learned bits and pieces from songs! the easiest to pick up for me was original prankster!

pretty_fly_white_guy858
09-20-2005, 02:06 PM
The first songs I started to fully play were Offspring songs. And since you dont know chords or powerchords, (this is what I did) then use one note for the songs. Itll sound the same, not exactly, but its something to start out with.
For example

The powerchords for the Cant Get My Head Around You intro are

E ---------
b ---------
g 99999999
d 99999999
a 77777777
e ---------

Just play the fret on the low e string, or the a string. And then your set. Its a little confusing I know, but youll figure it out.
Good luck

offspringpunker
09-20-2005, 02:15 PM
The first songs I started to fully play were Offspring songs. And since you dont know chords or powerchords, (this is what I did) then use one note for the songs. Itll sound the same, not exactly, but its something to start out with.
For example

The powerchords for the Cant Get My Head Around You intro are

E ---------
b ---------
g 99999999
d 99999999
a 77777777
e ---------

Just play the fret on the low e string, or the a string. And then your set. Its a little confusing I know, but youll figure it out.
Good luck

Yeah but thats the tab way of doing it. I find it easier doing it the propper way and just making the E chord shape for the propper opening intro. It's alot easier that way i find! Then you can do the rest of the song in power chords!

Sinister
09-20-2005, 02:22 PM
s/t songs are a piece of cake.

Ok seriously, you could probably learn the beheaded intro. Dirty magic has a cool easy riff too.

DM riff isn't exactly easy, IMHO. By the way I was looking for a thread like this one cause I'm finally learning how to play for real.

offspringpunker
09-20-2005, 02:29 PM
DM riff isn't exactly easy, IMHO. By the way I was looking for a thread like this one cause I'm finally learning how to play for real.

Yeah i wouldn't say the DM Intro is easy for a begginer. Because there are alot of different note changes on different strings. Which in turn will make it harder for them to get into a fluent flo for the riff! I wouldn't reccomend any begginers trying to do complicated intros like Kids Aren't Alright or DM. Although in saying that OP is pretty easy and you should be able to pick that up!

ChaoX
09-20-2005, 04:02 PM
could some one tell me a good site with tabs?

platinumpt
09-20-2005, 04:34 PM
could some one tell me a good site with tabs?
www.offspring.it tem umas tablaturas mt fixes (mas apenas de Offspring)

ChaoX
09-20-2005, 04:45 PM
obrigadao! era msm disso k eu keria =)

Telekinesis
09-20-2005, 06:00 PM
Thanks guys, I really appreciate your help but yeah I can't play chords yet and alot of those songs require chords. I'm doing pretty well considering I only started a couple of days ago and also I'm teaching myself, well I have my guitar book too. These are the songs I can play so far, Ode To Joy,some of When The Saints Go Marching In,some of Aura Lee (those ones are all from my guitar book), I can kinda play the egyptian riff in Come Out And Play it's a bit difficult for me since it's supposed to be fast and stuff, I can kinda do the riff in from Pretty Fly (For A White Guy), I can do the riff from Hit That (I think that part was for keyboard though),I can do the riff for Smoke On The Water by Deep Purple and I can do this thing that was on the Americana DVD when the do a flashback and Dexter is on Guitar and he does this riff from a song that I don't know. Yeah well I'm still learning and just thinking about play chors terrifys me but I'm going pretty well.

Eddie
09-20-2005, 06:03 PM
I agree that the most of Offspring songs are pretty easy but Imo The Noose is one of the hardest song expecially for a begigner.

0r4ng3
09-20-2005, 06:35 PM
I agree that the most of Offspring songs are pretty easy but Imo The Noose is one of the hardest song expecially for a begigner.
Really? The Noose is the first Offspring song I learned on guitar. Granted, I did already know a lot of other songs.

Telekinesis
09-20-2005, 06:42 PM
can people post the tabs for song please? I can't play chords yet and all the songs you guys suggested have chords. It's really confusing. meh

barangatang
09-20-2005, 06:55 PM
The first song I ever learned was Gotta Get Away...I printed out tabs. And my "Have You Ever" tabs say they're easy for beginners...so you could try that too.

Haha me too!

OffspringInOz
09-20-2005, 06:55 PM
Learn power-chords and you've learnt how to play 90% of the Offspring's songs.

It is really, really, easy. It did take me a while to be able to play power-chords, cos I started off on a crappy 40 yr old nylon string Jazz guitar which just scraped your fingers horribly if you tried to quickly get to another power-chord, then my steel-stringed acoustic was a bit better, and learning to play on that really helped me when I got my electric, cos electric is way easier to play.

Anyway, if you want something REALLY easy to start off with power-chords, try Gone Away. There's four chords in the entire song. (and a little bit of lead-ish stuff but that doesn't matter).

barangatang
09-20-2005, 06:59 PM
can people post the tabs for song please? I can't play chords yet and all the songs you guys suggested have chords. It's really confusing. meh

here you go:

A -----6-7-9-7-6--------------------|
E -7-8-----------8-7-8-7

here are some great tab sites:

http://www.guitaretab.com/archive.html

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/

Telekinesis
09-20-2005, 07:57 PM
Learn power-chords and you've learnt how to play 90% of the Offspring's songs.

It is really, really, easy. It did take me a while to be able to play power-chords, cos I started off on a crappy 40 yr old nylon string Jazz guitar which just scraped your fingers horribly if you tried to quickly get to another power-chord, then my steel-stringed acoustic was a bit better, and learning to play on that really helped me when I got my electric, cos electric is way easier to play.

Anyway, if you want something REALLY easy to start off with power-chords, try Gone Away. There's four chords in the entire song. (and a little bit of lead-ish stuff but that doesn't matter).

I don't know how good my guitar will be for power chords. I have a nylon string Yamaha. It was about $199 (That's Australian money to you Non-Aussies out there) Mum says she might get me an electric guitar.

barangatang
09-20-2005, 08:10 PM
These are powerchords (http://www.worldguitar.com/)

Try em' out they should work fine on your yamaha.

Manic subsidal
09-20-2005, 09:06 PM
Once you got powerchords down, then most of the offspring songs are quite easy to learn (not solos, just the main riffs and stuff)

When you want to learn a new offspring song (lets say an easy powerchord song from smash like so alone), just figure it out by yourself. Don't use those filthy tabs. Tabs are for crabs... and dads.

Seriously, I don't know why people learn all these offspring powerchords from tabs. It's so easy to just figure it out on yourself. I taught myself how to play guitar, I didn't use any tabs and I'm glad I didn't.

The only time I read tabs for an offspring song is to just make sure I got the song down, or else if it's one of Noodles' crazy guitar solo ( I'm not much of a shredder though so I only know how to play what happened to you solo). Other than that, they're usual EASY EASY EASY powerchords. I find that a lot of tabs out there suck and are inaccurate so that's another reason why offspring powerchord tabs blow.

http://s21.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1SGA7OYZHRIEO3Q26O0E14KYOC

That's me playing we are one and so alone. I figured that out by ear just now. Listen to the offspring song, mess around with your guitar and find what powerchords they're playing. So yeah, first you need to get better at the guitar before you want to actually play any offspring song. Go to cyberfret.com, that's a pretty cool place. That's about it, practice powerchords, scales, chords, and all that other guitar junk for about 2 hours a day.

Bacterium
09-21-2005, 02:28 AM
i began playing guitar like a month ago, and the first song I ever learned was Dirty Magic, really easy song! since then I've just been messing around a bit, and learned some stuff here and there, like the intro to "When the children cry"-white lion, easy..! The intro and riff in "outlaw heart", some AFI-intro's, they are really fun to play, and I can now play "This secret ninja" without problems! with the Offspring I am now practising Vultures, Self Esteem, Gotta Get Away, We are one and stuff..

But to Telekinesis, my advice is to learn Misfits-songs, I've learnt a lot, misfits are really easy to play! Find the tabs for Descending Angel, it's amazing ;)

SkyRocker
09-21-2005, 02:42 AM
http://s21.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1SGA7OYZHRIEO3Q26O0E14KYOC
Very nice, i mostly enjoyed the end... ;)

Nirushika6789
09-21-2005, 05:27 AM
you know the hidden song at the end of smash...its an acoustic version of Come out and play

its all single notes so its really easy...it was one of the first songs i learned

heres the tab for it

http://www.e-tabs.org/tab/offspring/come_out_and_play_acoustic_version

Manic subsidal
09-21-2005, 06:44 AM
Very nice, i mostly enjoyed the end... ;)

Haha yeah, while I was getting to the end I was like... hey why not? *belch*

OffspringInOz
09-22-2005, 02:28 AM
I don't know how good my guitar will be for power chords. I have a nylon string Yamaha. It was about $199 (That's Australian money to you Non-Aussies out there) Mum says she might get me an electric guitar.

Oh...you've got a NYLON string guitar..that changes everything...my advice now, is GET AN ELECTRIC!!!! The crappy little nylon string I had to start off with was a Yamaha. Obviously, yours would be a hell of alot better than the one i'm talking about, cos the one I used was probably made in the 40's. But its still definately worth bugging the hell out of your parents to get an electric, or at least a steel-string acoustic. My first guitar was an acoustic steel-stringed Monterey I got for $200. It was pretty crap but way better than the nylon-string I had to use. Plus, you can make a $200 guitar sound like a $350 guitar if you buy some really good strings (about $30-$40 for good strings).

punk_riOt
09-22-2005, 03:53 AM
LAPD isn't too bad.

original_prankster
09-22-2005, 09:11 AM
Beheaded is incredibly simple.

Well, to me it is, anyway...

Dexter Powerhead
09-22-2005, 10:32 AM
http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/heavytablaturas/Offspring.html

all the songs on tab on th.............i started with dirty magic and gotta get away....they're so easy

NDM1
09-22-2005, 05:15 PM
I know it sounds super wierd but i started with the kids arent alright. My brother was playing guitar at the time and thats what he was working on. So i went downstairs and probably played 1/3 of the intro and shit my pants. Then i learend the main riff from Dammit i changed again. Of course thse two things sounded so bad but i thought i was the coolest person ever.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
09-22-2005, 05:53 PM
Nice choice to start out with! lol. Was it hard..seeing that its the first song you learned. My first song that I played (believe it or not!!) SMOKE ON THE WATER!! BITCH!! Hah.

Manic subsidal
09-22-2005, 06:00 PM
Nice choice to start out with! lol. Was it hard..seeing that its the first song you learned. My first song that I played (believe it or not!!) SMOKE ON THE WATER!! BITCH!! Hah.

Same with me. After that, I learned smells like teen spirt. Then I tried some offspring songs. I remember I was able to do the intro from Vultures and play the riff from cgmhay.

original_prankster
09-22-2005, 06:03 PM
Intermission is also easy (and fun) to play. Shoulda mentioned it earlier.

0r4ng3
09-22-2005, 06:04 PM
Same with me. After that, I learned smells like teen spirt. Then I tried some offspring songs. I remember I was able to do the intro from Vultures and play the riff from cgmhay.
First song I learned on guitar was Brain Stew, then Dammit (Growing Up). From there, I started to learn Offspring songs.

GRfan
09-25-2005, 08:40 AM
Gotta Get Away is really easy.

death incarnate
09-25-2005, 12:10 PM
heh,plenty of axe fans here,play on occasion myself but never tried any offspring songs.for tabs your should definately check out olga,just type olga into some random search engine

Original prankstA
09-25-2005, 12:19 PM
shut up bastard!!

Nirushika6789
09-25-2005, 12:29 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7353312418&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

look at what i just bought:D
this is a guitar related thread so....