PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of people who frecuente General Chat?

EROS
09-20-2005, 02:16 PM
I'm talking about those nerds who don't even like the offspring,
yes, and many of them are MODS.
Should they leave?

DexterWannabe
09-20-2005, 02:29 PM
well, if they don't like the offspring they can just fuck themself out of here

Nirushika6789
09-20-2005, 02:30 PM
what she/he said...

Original prankstA
09-20-2005, 02:38 PM
yeah fuck em right out

Cejus
09-20-2005, 02:53 PM
The thing is that I don't understand why they're using THIS forum, as there are so many other forums everywhere.

Tijs
09-20-2005, 03:32 PM
Well they all met eachother here back in the days when they liked the Offspring, so that's probably the reason why they still hang out here. There are very few users who've been posting here for years and still like the Offspring quite a lot. Like me for example.

offspring_freak_3
09-20-2005, 04:37 PM
lol. yeah. they should leave

Drummerguy123
09-20-2005, 04:44 PM
I agree. People like Ninth just need to leave. This forum is full of idiots anyways. There is no need for them hanging around.

TheUnholyNightbringer
09-20-2005, 04:56 PM
Whoa whoa WHOA, serious prejudice going on here.

People develop friendships and bonds. Many people have been posting here for 5+ years (I myself have been posting for 3+) and have made many friends in their time here. All at one point or another did like the Offspring. But we don't now, but want to keep the ties we made, so we talk in General Chat. (That's the NON-OFFSPRING SECTION, by the way. Let me just repeat that: THE NON-OFFSPRING SECTION.)

We don't post here very much because you guys can discuss your Offspring. We stay out of the way in off-topic. Just because we don't like Offspring doesn't mean we should leave. It's not a requirement of the Terms of Service.

Jees, people, grow up.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
09-20-2005, 05:17 PM
hey guys i was hangin on limewire today and i found a really good song by an unlikely band. its called: same direction - hoobastank. i thought id give it a go and i really enjoy this song. so forget about what band it is and give it a go.

hey guys i was hangin on limewire today and i found a really good song by an unlikely band. its called: same direction - hoobastank. i thought id give it a go and i really enjoy this song. so forget about what band it is and give it a go.
Nobody cares?

TheUnholyNightbringer
09-20-2005, 05:21 PM
The big lettering person likes Offspring. You're telling me you want him to stay and for us to go?

Homer
09-20-2005, 05:29 PM
fuck. I hate this thread. This should be deleted or closed.

I mean, come on. "i hat tese stewped ppl bcuz they dun liek OfFspring (4ever!)"

I like The Offspring and I don't give a shit wether or not other people on this forum do or don't. Go fuck yourselves people.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
09-20-2005, 05:32 PM

I like The Offspring and I don't give a shit wether or not other people on this forum do or don't. Go fuck yourselves people.
I totally agree with you. 100%

TheUnholyNightbringer
09-20-2005, 05:44 PM

*Claps resoundingly*

IdiotOfTheDay
09-20-2005, 06:35 PM

Exactly, it's pathetic. Like they said, they've become friends and so on and so forth, and I can relate to this--there's a pretty good school in my area for artsy-type stuff, and I've considered transferring there a few times, but I have friends at my current school, and I really don't want to leave them. And General Chat isn't in the Offspring section, so why should anyone care whether or not the people that post there a lot like the band? Let people do their own thing and leave them alone.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
09-20-2005, 06:52 PM
Exactly, it's pathetic. Like they said, they've become friends and so on and so forth, and I can relate to this--there's a pretty good school in my area for artsy-type stuff, and I've considered transferring there a few times, but I have friends at my current school, and I really don't want to leave them. And General Chat isn't in the Offspring section, so why should anyone care whether or not the people that post there a lot like the band? Let people do their own thing and leave them alone.
And I agree with you 100%

offspring_freak_3
09-20-2005, 06:57 PM

see why they should leave? they always come here just to spam the forum

and TheUnholyNightbringer i know what you want to say about have friends here and that you don't want to leave, because i have friends here too. but some people should stop to spam the forum and most of the people who do that are in the General Chat.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
09-20-2005, 07:07 PM
see why they should leave? they always come here just to spam the forum

and TheUnholyNightbringer i know what you want to say about have friends here and that you don't want to leave, because i have friends here too. but some people should stop to spam the forum and most of the people who do that are in the General Chat.
The third person Ive agreed with so far!! Whoopee

offspring_freak_3
09-20-2005, 07:11 PM
The third person Ive agreed with so far!! Whoopee
lol .

Little_Miss_1565
09-20-2005, 08:28 PM
Just a thought....

If someone posts an obnoxious spam posting, especially a post that distorts the screen with huge lettering, don't quote it.. Then a mod such as myself has to edit tons of messages instead of just one to get rid of it.

kthx.

Also I would like to know why what anyone does in General Chat is making anyone lose sleep.

Rag Doll
09-20-2005, 09:27 PM
I'm confused...all the people that are quoting that huuuge message...do you think that all the "non-offspring fan general chat posters" are the ones doing that? Cause we're not. It's probably someone that is a fan of the Offspring, that just wants to be annoying.

And um...I agree with TUNB and Homer..and some others. I don't see why it really matters to any of you =\.

platinumpt
09-21-2005, 03:26 AM
Reply to the thread starter:

Honestly, I don't give a fuck if there are non-offspring fans on this bbs, as long as they stay out of general offspring discussion. You're a non-offspring fan, by the way, aren't you? I read once that you own only a few songs of The Offspring (downloaded).

It's a fact that general chat is a huge concentration of idiocy, but no one is forced to go there, so you just stay out of it.

princess
09-21-2005, 05:39 AM
there was me thinking general chat was home to the pointless thread!
here's a couple of things users of this forum have overlooked / misunderstood / whatever.

first, you do all know that huge shouty post you keep quoting isn't actually by the mod don't you? it's a troll, look at the spelling of the name.

second, a point that people have made already but there's very clearly 2 sections on this bbs. one for offspring talk, one for off topic chat. if you're only here to talk about the offspring, stay clear of it, it really isn't that hard.

third, if there are spammers in this forum, just like any other forum, the threads are either closed, deleated or moved elsewhere. instead of blaming mods or other general chat users just ignore it or if it really bothers you that much, report it to the mods here.

last, i feel many posters here aren't familiar with eros? (the thread starter) he's one of the worst spammers in general chat. he only made this thread coz he's pissed at the mods for deleating all of his posts. his opinions tend to be pretty worthless and worthy of the igonre button.

i hope this clears a few things up :D

and just for the record, i post in both forums so don't go calling me a spammer or traitor or whatever.

.:SMASH:.
09-21-2005, 05:41 AM
Nobody cares?
hey dont make fun of my thread. it was a suggestion so dont bitch you whiner

original_prankster
09-21-2005, 11:43 AM

I love you at the moment :D ...in a non-homosexual way.

People need to accept the fact that others don't like their favorite band. One of my friends is obsessive over Simple Plan and I don't, but he doesn't tell me "Oh my gawd, you suck 'cause you don't like SP!!!11evelvn!!1!one". And I don't tell him "WELL you SUCK because THE OFFSPRING isn't YOUR FAV BAND!1!!!@" Kind of rediculous, don't ya' think?

What one person thinks is great sucks to another. And people grow out of things. Right now, I'm growing out of my Offspring obsessive stage and listening to alot more bands. Is that a BAD thing?

Besides, I like a couple of the mods...

HeadAroundU
09-21-2005, 01:32 PM
Lets ban those bitches :rolleyes: ;)

ninthlayer
09-21-2005, 02:09 PM
Shut up, mutant face.

Drummerguy123, still angsty because you're poor and work in fields while I make a comfortable living doing nothing?

It really is as TUNB explained it, people have been here for several years and have gotten to know each other through this medium. We even had a 1337 board when the official one was down. We generally don't post in the Offspring related forums because we have nothing to say about a band that we don't all even listen to anymore (Per had the Offspring on his mp3 player when he was in Chicago and I laughed in his face). This, of course, being a special case because I was referenced by the beaner. Now back to General Chat for me.

platinumpt
09-21-2005, 02:13 PM
Shut up, mutant face.
Huh???
http://www.offspring.com/forums/image.php?u=5469&dateline=1127161715

offspring_freak_3
09-21-2005, 02:19 PM
Reply to the thread starter:

Honestly, I don't give a fuck if there are non-offspring fans on this bbs, as long as they stay out of general offspring discussion. You're a non-offspring fan, by the way, aren't you? I read once that you own only a few songs of The Offspring (downloaded).

It's a fact that general chat is a huge concentration of idiocy, but no one is forced to go there, so you just stay out of it.
lol i agree with you

pretty_fly_white_guy858
09-21-2005, 02:19 PM
hey dont make fun of my thread. it was a suggestion so dont bitch you whiner
I wasnt talking about you. You dumbass.

Nirushika6789
09-21-2005, 02:26 PM
as long as they stay out of offspring chat etc then i dont care,,,,,if they have friends here then obviously they will want to stay in touch

if i dont get bothered then i dont care:)

Kerr
09-21-2005, 02:36 PM
I am with Homer and TUNB all the way. I am surprised that any of you who exclusively post in General Offspring Discussion care at all. They post in a NON-OFFSPRING REALTED forum. So quit whining.

HeadAroundU
09-21-2005, 04:39 PM
I am with Homer and TUNB all the way. I am surprised that any of you who exclusively post in General Offspring Discussion care at all. They post in a NON-OFFSPRING REALTED forum. So quit whining.
asslicker....don't cry please