PDA

View Full Version : Double Threads

punk_flamingo
11-23-2004, 07:29 AM
BLEHHH!

We all know how much I hate these SOB's...we even have 5 of the same thread in some cases.

Dudes n dudettes, do a search before you start one (its usually a problem in the "other bands" section)come on, it works, it takes 5 minutes.

This is why we need Mods, now I hear you all whinging, but how much useless crap do we have on this board from multiples of exactly the same thread?

Hell I'd be happy to take time out of my 16 hour days just to come on here and bloody well delete them, then put the user who did it on ban after 3 warnings or so.

It sounds so cruel - and ill probably get hated for this now, but it really has to be done. Im sure im not the only one who is bugged by this.

intothevalleyofdeath
11-23-2004, 07:30 AM
ya we definitley need mods

Toxic Speed Bump
11-23-2004, 07:31 AM
I dont like mods. I think we can do allright without them. they just get addicted to their power.

punk_flamingo
11-23-2004, 07:34 AM
I dont like mods. I think we can do allright without them. they just get addicted to their power.

oh yeah, kuz the boards totally not going to shit with double/triple of the same thread...

...im sure if you were appointed a mod you wouldnt say that anyway.

Toxic Speed Bump
11-23-2004, 07:40 AM
Of course I wouldnt, I'd be addicted to power. :D

The Green Day message board has no mods and they are doing just fine.

punk_flamingo
11-23-2004, 07:46 AM
Yes, but I bet that has an obscene amount of multiple threads of the same subject

see i dont care so much about content, unless someones said something utterly stupid, its just the fact theres so many threads of the same thing that pisses me off.

Oh and the utterly pointless threads too.

I think we'll end up getting mods eventually though, you cant really expect to run a safe forum without one.

Toxic Speed Bump
11-23-2004, 07:51 AM
I think the dude that made this forum should be a mod. I dont want know hand picked members to become mods.

punk_flamingo
11-23-2004, 08:02 AM
they'll give it to the person readily available for it

theyd have to have more than one - a few from each hemisphere, because of the time zone differences etc.

Id personally do the one for the Australian timezone, Im on the computer pretty much all day anyway (seeing as I work with one) and I dont think id be bad at it, seeing as all id do is make sure there werent any double threads.

lousyskater
11-23-2004, 08:06 AM
yeah the double threads is getting out of hand. i just happened upon the 4th ron vs. atom thread this week. the site definately needs mods. i would be happy to mod seeing that i'm on the internet more than anything else in my life (yes its sad). it just annoys the hell out of me to see constant shit like this, and also not forgetting the constant waves of spammers we get here.
________
LIVE SEX WEBSHOWS (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

punk_flamingo
11-23-2004, 08:10 AM
Showing results 1 to 25 of 25

Search took 0.05 seconds.

Search: Key Word(s): Dead, Kennedys

^^ that my dear dudes n dudettes is an example of a search...

Look at how out of hand its getting - 25 posts with Dead Kennedys.

also note it took 0.05 seconds of my time to do that - its not even a fucking second!

lousyskater
11-23-2004, 08:11 AM
if only the people of this forum were smart enough to use it...
________
Diannee (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/Diannee/)

MirandaV
11-23-2004, 08:32 AM
You rule dudette.

punk_flamingo
11-24-2004, 05:22 AM
yes. yes I do ;)

Not Ozymandias
11-26-2004, 11:10 PM
Why should we be punished just because you lack the basic self-control to overlook a thread?

Linda
11-27-2004, 10:08 PM
Why should we be punished just because you lack the basic self-control to overlook a thread?

I agree.......

punk_flamingo
11-28-2004, 02:19 AM
its pissing me off.

I tell you what, in a few days i'll show u what its like to have thread upon thread of the same thing.

I'll get hated for it, everyone will despise me - but due to lack of mods I wont get kicked off...and thus will be here to do it again and again and again.

Toxic Speed Bump
11-28-2004, 02:23 AM
I dont give a shit about the double threads. It isnt a big problem. there spaced out. We will have nouthing to talk about arfter a while.

punk_flamingo
11-28-2004, 02:26 AM
on a message board there is never NOT anything to talk about

Toxic Speed Bump
11-28-2004, 02:30 AM
It will be hard to think of a topic and then we will be stuck with the same ones anyway.

punk_flamingo
11-28-2004, 02:37 AM
bah...

...other forums im on do it fine.

we shall see...give it time. I'll show you what i mean though....just give it a few days.

Not Ozymandias
11-28-2004, 10:09 AM
So you're going to create a problem where there isn't one to show us that there actually IS a problem even though there wasn't one until you created it. Super.

Just kill yourself already, nobody here would miss you.

punk_flamingo
11-29-2004, 12:20 AM
did I say I was going to create a problem?

or make people aware of one already here?

and gee, I really care that nobody would miss me. Ouch! You hit the spot there.

bleh, you say these things like you think I care.

iwishiwereaduck
11-29-2004, 07:06 AM
because we all know you do

already making enemies I see my dear? I like your threats as well, learning from the master?

Tijs
11-29-2004, 07:07 AM
already making enemies I see my dear?
I have yet to see someone liking you. I have seen some members who don't like you, and therefore hate you.

sKratch
11-29-2004, 07:08 AM
they'll give it to the person readily available for it

theyd have to have more than one - a few from each hemisphere, because of the time zone differences etc.

Id personally do the one for the Australian timezone, Im on the computer pretty much all day anyway (seeing as I work with one) and I dont think id be bad at it, seeing as all id do is make sure there werent any double threads.
So the real title of this topic should be "please make me a mod".

iwishiwereaduck
11-29-2004, 07:08 AM
sif you'd stick up for a whore like her.

Tijs
11-29-2004, 07:10 AM
fucking aussies...

sKratch
11-29-2004, 08:57 AM
...is something I've never done.