PDA

View Full Version : have this ever happened to you?...

bhg_rulz2
09-20-2005, 06:03 PM
that when u are hanging out with ur friends or you alone or driving,....somebody is listening to the offspring? haha....that happened to me today....i was driving in downtown...and a car parked next to me...and two guys were listening to "she got issues"...and i told them "offspring..hell yeah!!"...and they were like "yeah they rule!!" haha...kinda funny haha....
so...have this ever happened to yo?

IdiotOfTheDay
09-20-2005, 06:12 PM
that when u are hanging out with ur friends or you alone or driving,....somebody is listening to the offspring? haha....that happened to me today....i was driving in downtown...and a car parked next to me...and two guys were listening to "she got issues"...and i told them "offspring..hell yeah!!"...and they were like "yeah they rule!!" haha...kinda funny haha....
No, but there's been a ton of instances when my friends and I were in the car and Self Esteem or something would come on...so we'd blast it and shout along. Good times, gooood times.
What happened to you made me think of what would happen if that went wrong...like they'd just stare at you like "what the fuck?" Which made me think of when someone wore an Aquabats T-shirt to school and passed by me in the hall and I was like "Hey, Aquabats, kick-ass!" and I think I scared them.
You know what? I bet I'm making no sense right now, so I should stop posting...

Human
09-20-2005, 06:16 PM
No, but there's been a ton of instances when my friends and I were in the car and Self Esteem or something would come on...so we'd blast it and shout along. Good times, gooood times.
What happened to you made me think of what would happen if that went wrong...like they'd just stare at you like "what the fuck?" Which made me think of when someone wore an Aquabats T-shirt to school and passed by me in the hall and I was like "Hey, Aquabats, kick-ass!" and I think I scared them.
You make alot more sense than him. yes, I have heard them on the radio if that's what you mean. (That last sentence was to the starter)

Sinister
09-20-2005, 06:44 PM
that sorta thing will never happen to me - everyone here thinks The Offspring should die.

deep-fried dog-food sushi
09-20-2005, 06:44 PM
i play recreational hockey and this one kid one the team was dressing and was singing "spare me the details" and i said, yeah dude the offspring rock (as i showed him my offspring tshirt)! and we got into this big conversation about them :D

The Darkside Has Cookies
09-20-2005, 06:48 PM
*burp* Um yeah I was at the skatepark and they put on "Come Out and Play" but they had it low so I yelled profanities at the sound people until they turned it up.

barangatang
09-20-2005, 06:50 PM
*burp* Um yeah I was at the skatepark and they put on "Come Out and Play" but they had it low so I yelled profanities at the sound people until they turned it up.

That sentence there made me crack up like a sobbing bitch. I don't know why in severed fuck it did, but whatever it was thank you for that.

Original prankstA
09-20-2005, 06:51 PM
actullay one dude that was workin at the fair was listening to self esteem and i was offspring rock! and he was like damn boy thats all i listen to the funniest thing was he was like 60

Manic subsidal
09-20-2005, 08:29 PM
I heard some people listening to offy tunes and I said "hey fuck you trendy assholes, don't listen to that pussy shit, they're gay" and the guys cried away.

Yay more offspring for me :)

peko
09-20-2005, 09:14 PM
I heard some people listening to offy tunes and I said "hey fuck you trendy assholes, don't listen to that pussy shit, they're gay" and the guys cried away.

Yay more offspring for me :)

Hahahaha, how sad!!

That's never happened to me though. I have been complimented on my Offspring shirt though. :D

SkyRocker
09-20-2005, 11:57 PM
It happened only one time, but was funny. I was on my terrace and there were guys 50 meters further on that put Can't Repeat very LOUD. They started to scream, it's was hilarious...

RobinoZombie
09-21-2005, 01:00 AM
not many people like them where im from, but i do blast it alot in my car:D

Aimeht
09-21-2005, 01:06 AM
Not exactly like that, but... One time me and my friend was going to have a party and my boyfriend said he was going to bring some friends that I haven't met. And when the two friends arrived they was dumb with astonishment, because the first thing they saw was my big Offspring-flag on my wall. They were also big Offspring fans so all night we sat in my room, drinking and listening to The Offspring.

Everytime I'm out and I hear Offspring songs I go crazy.

Autonomist
09-21-2005, 01:59 AM
Once I was standing in a supermarket line and a dude a couple of places ahead of me was singing the chorus of Out On Patrol. That's all I can really think of. Everytime I'm out and I spy a dude in an Offspring t-shirt, which happens a lot more then I ever would've thought, I flash him my wristband to show my support of the band.

Bacterium
09-21-2005, 02:15 AM
it has happened to me twice, one time for a lot of years ago on a parking lot, a car parked a bit away from where i sat in my car, and suddenly they rolled down their windows listening to Americana, very loud! I was like, what the hell.... but they drove away pretty soon..
And antoher time, this year, i was at my friend's place and we sat talking when the neighbors living below her began partying and i could hear the basslines from Self Esteem coming up through the floor. That was pretty rad.. :D

platinumpt
09-21-2005, 02:18 AM
Nothing similar happened to me :( I think like Sinister, people here hate The Offspring :(

Once, in my university radio station, they played 5 songs in a row of The Offspring - 1 from each album (since S/T to Americana). I can't remember their names, though. I can only recall Out On Patrol, Hypodermic and Mota. Anyway, I wear my Offspring tshirts all the time, but I didn't hear any comments about it on the corridors. Just a lot of people looking at me hahaha. Pussies.

.:SMASH:.
09-21-2005, 04:38 AM
yer i agree. offspring songs are always better when you hear them played on the radio. i always get excited when that happens and i inform everyone its the offspring and i blast it on full volume!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IdiotOfTheDay
09-21-2005, 03:18 PM
yer i agree. offspring songs are always better when you hear them played on the radio. i always get excited when that happens and i inform everyone its the offspring and i blast it on full volume!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, it's always fun when your favorite band or song or music video or whatever is played on the radio...it's just like, "hey, this is MY song" and it makes everything seem a lot better. There was one day when I woke up, and as soon as I woke up, I Choose came on the radio (I leave my radio on all night, mostly just so I can have a chance to wake up to a song I like), then about an hour later, I was getting ready, and Self Esteem came on. That day sort of sucked, and I pretty much kept myself from just curling up into a fetal position and crying by reminding myself that two Offspring songs had been played on the radio that morning.
Actually...I think that was the week of Offspring. Every day when I woke up for that week, an Offspring song was the first song I heard.

Skate Rat 19
09-21-2005, 04:11 PM
uh yeah, not the way you described though, my english teacher today was writing on the board and happened to wirte you gotta kepp them seperated, he said it they way they did in the song, I was the only one that caught onto the song though.

Kaerren
09-21-2005, 08:33 PM
Your teacher likes them? That's so cool.

Once I was at a party and talking to my mum's 40 year old friend. He's from Poland or somewhere. Turned out we'd been at the same Offspring show in London. Random, but cool! :D

vikki
09-22-2005, 06:19 AM
funny enough it happened to me last week! i was walking to the shop and someone in a flat above one of the shops had the kids aren't alright pumping!!

Tired_Of_You
09-22-2005, 06:54 AM
that sorta thing will never happen to me - everyone here thinks The Offspring should die.Yeah, because no one like The Offspring in the entire Quebec. No one. Life is so sad. *cries*

vikki
09-22-2005, 06:55 AM
i was suprised cos no-one i know likes them

Evka.pl
09-22-2005, 07:10 AM
Yeah, because no one like The Offspring in the entire Quebec. No one. Life is so sad. *cries*
why the hell NOT? how can sb hate the offspring?
a few ppl wear offspring t-shirts in my school but i'd never say anything like 'hey dude offspring rock!'. they would probably look at me like i'm an idiot/

icklebabygremlin
09-22-2005, 09:18 AM
i was at a club called the legion around were i live and i was wearing my bad habit t-shrit and 2 ppl shouted me over and give me pure repect for likeing the offspring was pretty kool

vikki
09-22-2005, 09:23 AM
nah i wouldn't yell to someone for it if it was at school and we were the only two around i mite say something but not normally

original_prankster
09-22-2005, 09:27 AM
I went to a friend's party just down the street last year. It was an outside party. There was an outlet on his porch, so he brought out his big ol' stereo and blasted Why Don't You Get A Job for the entire neighborhood to hear. :D

*danni*
09-22-2005, 11:03 AM
theres some cool people around here that love the offspring and i was down the harbour (our hangout-yeh im hardcore!) and this random dude brought down a sterio fucks knows where he plugged it in but he did and i was like :eek: i lurve the offspring!!! yeh and we had this long heart-to heart convo! yeah my story is really boring! :D

pretty_fly_white_guy858
09-22-2005, 01:37 PM
Nothing like that, but a coinsidence. I was skating yesterday, listening to Vultures, and then I look up, and theres like 10 vultures in the sky. It was cool

Amanda
09-22-2005, 01:42 PM
Yeah, but i'm usually the one listening to Offspring. Funny how people react, either they scream in approval or they blast on some sucky ass music, there's no middle ground. Second one never works cause my car stereo rocks, i send them home crying.

jade fahy
09-22-2005, 01:48 PM
yeah...actually...i was going to this thing called creations which its a 5 day christian rock concert, and these people next to us in their car was listing to why dont you go get a job...and my friend was like, i hate the offspring....lol...it was furnny

IdiotOfTheDay
09-22-2005, 03:35 PM
It turns out today one of my teachers was listening to the Offspring in her classroom during first period...but I have her second period, and by that time she had turned the music off. It sort of sucks that she didn't play it for my class, even if I would have gone psycho and scared everyone in class even more than I already do, but so far she's been my favorite teacher, and the fact that she was playing Offspring just adds to her rating of awesomeness.
Woah, don't know where that phrase came from..."rating of awesomeness," hahaha.

NIX-on-the-MAN
09-22-2005, 04:35 PM
It's happened about three times to me. The best one was when I was driving to Best Buy on the first one of Splinters release (I was going to pick it up :rolleyes: ). That was the best because he was listening to Have You Ever? (my favoret song of theirs.) And while still at the stop light I proceedes to roll down my window, throw you the horns and scream "HELL YEAH!" Won't go into the other two because it was nothing special.

NDM1
09-22-2005, 05:19 PM
Its only happend a couple of times. When i was walking to guitar center one day somebody was listening to Million Miles Away. Also when iw as at a pool some car went speeding by blasting self esteem. Also today in biology some senior looked at my shirt and i thought he was going to say "THEY SUCK!!" but he was like offspring yeahhhh!! Also this really hot chick came up to me at a football game and wa slike the offspring!? i love them!! conpsiracy of one is my favorite! Always good to see fellow offspring fans.

he IZZ a offspring addict
09-22-2005, 05:37 PM
One day, I was walking dowtown with my radio (lol) , disturbing everyone with americana then a car passed by and said '' you rock man!! offspring rock!!' and original prankster was playing in his car :D

pretty_fly_white_guy858
09-22-2005, 05:54 PM
Nice..but why would you be carying your radio around blasting a song? That sounds like it didnt really happen to me..

bhg_rulz2
09-22-2005, 11:04 PM
hahah...funny stories...i have another one

one day i was listening to self esteem on my car...and i stopped at the red light...and then there was a guy next to me on the other car...and he heard it..and i looked at him...and he was "playing" the bass haha...he was moving his fingers like if he was playing the song haha...that was cool

Telekinesis
09-23-2005, 12:42 AM
He IZZ a offpring addict or whatever your name is, I'm sorry but i just had to tell you that in your signature it's "Now do you see the light" not "How do you see the light". Ok well my story is I was at scholl and some girls in my class started singing Pretty Fly (For A White Guy). So they were going "Give it to me baby, uh huh, uh huh" then another girl rushed up to her friend (who was sitting in front of me) and she said to her "Those guys were say 'give it to me baby!'" and she was laughing then I cracked it at her for bagging The Offspring it was funny but I think I scared her.

Amazed
09-23-2005, 08:02 AM
Not exactly like that, but... One time me and my friend was going to have a party and my boyfriend said he was going to bring some friends that I haven't met. And when the two friends arrived they was dumb with astonishment, because the first thing they saw was my big Offspring-flag on my wall. They were also big Offspring fans so all night we sat in my room, drinking and listening to The Offspring.

Everytime I'm out and I hear Offspring songs I go crazy.

haha :D cool! Last time I was at Gröna Lund they played Self Esteem when I was standing in the line to Pop-expressen and I was like "OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!" :p Too bad they played it the ride before mine.. I'm still mad because of that.

Jojan
09-23-2005, 01:47 PM
On a festival some one in a tent where listening to Feelings. At first I didn't recognize it, but then I was like "Ahh! Yeah". But it was late at night and I hadn't slept for two days. On top of that I was on my way to alcohol so I didn't stop and said "Hi!".

And to the thing Amazed said;
Once I was on Gröna Lund and they played Pretty Fly (For A White Guy) on a attraction. This was probobly less than a year after I had seen them on Gröna Lund. My first real concert. Brings back good memories. :)

bhg_rulz2
09-23-2005, 06:48 PM
On a festival some one in a tent where listening to Feelings. At first I didn't recognize it, but then I was like "Ahh! Yeah". But it was late at night and I hadn't slept for two days. On top of that I was on my way to alcohol so I didn't stop and said "Hi!".

Once I was on Gröna Lund and they played Pretty Fly (For A White Guy) on a attraction. This was probobly less than a year after I had seen them on Gröna Lund. My first real concert. Brings back good memories. :)

hahaha that was cool! :P

Evka.pl
09-23-2005, 11:47 PM
there was a guy (good-looking) that loooved the offspring. we talked a lot about offy and all..it was great. a few days later i bumped into the guy and started talking to him about our last hmmm conversation...and he was like (??????). it turned out that he's the TWIN brother of that fellow and he likes LP, doesn't really care about offy. that was kinda funny:D later i saw them together (the twins)... u just CAN NOT tell the difference:D

Amazed
09-24-2005, 02:02 AM

You were at that concert?! DAMN YOU! I didn't even know who they were then :( My sister's ex boyfriend went to that concert with his mum... (he thought it sucked)

I've heard Gotta get away and Self Esteem on Bandit (106.3). :)

kiddman
09-24-2005, 02:05 AM
when i was on my tp brixton i stopped at a petrol station and a car pulled up with hit that playing. i was like yeh im going to see that live 2nite wooooo. he called me a lucky bastard. o how we laughed

bhg_rulz2
09-24-2005, 11:49 AM
when i was on my tp brixton i stopped at a petrol station and a car pulled up with hit that playing. i was like yeh im going to see that live 2nite wooooo. he called me a lucky bastard. o how we laughed

hahaha...thats cool....poor guy who didnt went to the concert haha

Tired_Of_You
09-25-2005, 02:49 PM
a few ppl wear offspring t-shirts in my school but i'd never say anything like 'hey dude offspring rock!'. they would probably look at me like i'm an idiot/It seems that there is only one person out of seven millions of people in Quebec who likes The Offspring and it is Sinister.

Rufus
10-30-2005, 08:51 AM
Before this posh woman came round to my house collecting money for charity and I was at home on my own and I had Bad Habit on loud and this woman said something but I didn't hear what she said so I said "What?" and she was telling me off for not saying pardon insted of What when it suddenly started going You Stupid Dumb Shit God Damn Motherfucker and then she refered to Dexter as "the horrible youth who wrote that song" and said that he should wash his mouth out with soap but the look on her face was hilarious lol :D

bhg_rulz2
10-30-2005, 09:55 AM
Before this posh woman came round to my house collecting money for charity and I was at home on my own and I had Bad Habit on loud and this woman said something but I didn't hear what she said so I said "What?" and she was telling me off for not saying pardon insted of What when it suddenly started going You Stupid Dumb Shit God Damn Motherfucker and then she refered to Dexter as "the horrible youth who wrote that song" and said that he should wash his mouth out with soap but the look on her face was hilarious lol :D

LOOOOOL hahahahahah...thats so funny dude hahaha

RobinoZombie
11-02-2005, 01:35 AM
i saw a spanish youthgameshow which was called TOP! or something, they had a cut&paste version of intermission when they where making a cake:S

Telekinesis
11-02-2005, 02:33 AM
Lots of times at school my friends start singing Offspring songs it's cool then i join in and I likke know the whole song and they don't know the rest and i continue singing that's always fun, we pretty much only sing Pretty Fly and Spare Me The Details but it's still fun

Liesbeth
11-02-2005, 01:02 PM
In Belgium, nobody knows The Offspring. We have a band called Spring, witch really sucks. People always think i'm talking about them when i mention Offspring, witch pisses me off, cuz Spring is a band for kids. Belgium really is pefedic when it comes to punk, it just makes me sad...

bhg_rulz2
11-18-2005, 10:57 AM
In Belgium, nobody knows The Offspring. We have a band called Spring, witch really sucks. People always think i'm talking about them when i mention Offspring, witch pisses me off, cuz Spring is a band for kids. Belgium really is pefedic when it comes to punk, it just makes me sad...

but u r the exception....u have to be happy for that haha..anyway...im sure a lot of people in belgium know the offspring =)

Liesbeth
11-18-2005, 11:01 AM
anyway...im sure a lot of people in belgium know the offspring =)

Probably there are, but i only know 4...

bhg_rulz2
11-18-2005, 11:08 AM
Probably there are, but i only know 4...

if offspring go to belgium next year...im totally shure that the place will bu full =)..same here in mexico hehe

Liesbeth
11-18-2005, 11:27 AM
if offspring go to belgium next year...im totally shure that the place will bu full =)..same here in mexico hehe

Is Offspring coming to Belgium?

Liesbeth
11-18-2005, 11:43 AM

You'll probably right. I just wonder where all those fans hide, i can't find them.

MaF
11-18-2005, 12:04 PM
Yeah! It was!
I was just going to university when the car rode near me, not so fast. in It was playing - "The Kids Aren't Alright"
And of cource i had to yell :eek: - "Yeah, mens - Offspring rulles!!!"

bhg_rulz2
11-18-2005, 02:29 PM
Yeah! It was!
I was just going to university when the car rode near me, not so fast. in It was playing - "The Kids Aren't Alright"
And of cource i had to yell :eek: - "Yeah, mens - Offspring rulles!!!"

haha awesome...the same happenetd to me...but with She Got Issues hehe

bhg_rulz2
11-18-2005, 02:30 PM
You'll probably right. I just wonder where all those fans hide, i can't find them.

u will find them when offspring go to belgium

Offspring-Fanatic
11-18-2005, 02:45 PM
i love it!

once we were driving along a street and we were at a stoplight. The guy next to us was listening to "Next to You" and Greatest Hits had just been out for like 3 weeks so it wasnt aired on radio yet!!

IT WAS SO AWESOME!

Offspring-Fanatic
11-18-2005, 02:48 PM
you know, i really like you guys on this forum. because we're all offspring fans here. some people on general chat dont even listen to them. its crazy. i hate it.

adRi
11-18-2005, 02:53 PM
Most of my friends don't know The Offspring, except 2 or 3 persons...
The Saturday before I was singing and dancing the songs "Pretty fly" and "Americana" with a friend (on a table :D ), and that moment was special for me ^^

Offspring-Fanatic
11-18-2005, 03:03 PM
The Saturday before I was singing and dancing the songs "Pretty fly" and "Americana" with a friend (on a table :D ), and that moment was special for me ^^

my friends know them because i talk about them so darn much...2 of my other friends like them and one other friend is VERY christian and she thinks Pretty Fly is funny.

what you said...yeah I'll be doing that soon...just you guys wait...

bhg_rulz2
11-18-2005, 05:20 PM

hahaha that was funny haha...my gf and i like to dance pretty fly too hahaha...its funny to dance it haha

dalaksta
11-19-2005, 08:39 AM
unfortunatly no :(

bhg_rulz2
11-19-2005, 09:07 AM
unfortunatly no :(

that sucks haha =P...maybe in the future :) :P

Lammat
11-19-2005, 11:16 AM
2 weeks ago, I discovered that the 2 bigest nerds of the school listen to the offspring, I was very surprised..

bhg_rulz2
11-19-2005, 01:36 PM
2 weeks ago, I discovered that the 2 bigest nerds of the school listen to the offspring, I was very surprised..

anyone would be surprised if we discover those nerds hahahah

The_Special_Delivery
11-19-2005, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evka.pl
a few ppl wear offspring t-shirts in my school but i'd never say anything like 'hey dude offspring rock!'. they would probably look at me like i'm an idiot/

It seems that there is only one person out of seven millions of people in Quebec who likes The Offspring and it is Sinister.

Damn NO!!If you ad me and my friend,you can count at least 3!! :D

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
11-19-2005, 11:23 PM
Well it seems i'm like the biggest fan from where i am, almost everybody just knows songs like

Hit That, Spare Me The Details, Pretty Fly, CGMHAY, WDYGAJ, COAP and Self Esteem.

But in class the other day, i just suddenly sang "Laa laa, LaLaLa, Laa laa, LaLaLa.

And two people knew what it was...i was a little impressed, till i sang, Okay! YA YA YA YA YA! and they were left clueless.

and a few weeks ago, two idiots couldn't work out the name of the song for 'Pay the Man' after like 2 mins of overhearing them, i said "It's Pay the Man You fucking idiots!" (obviously they had the Americana album and know nothing about the Offspring)

bhg_rulz2
11-20-2005, 11:00 AM
Well it seems i'm like the biggest fan from where i am, almost everybody just knows songs like

Hit That, Spare Me The Details, Pretty Fly, CGMHAY, WDYGAJ, COAP and Self Esteem.

But in class the other day, i just suddenly sang "Laa laa, LaLaLa, Laa laa, LaLaLa.

And two people knew what it was...i was a little impressed, till i sang, Okay! YA YA YA YA YA! and they were left clueless.

and a few weeks ago, two idiots couldn't work out the name of the song for 'Pay the Man' after like 2 mins of overhearing them, i said "It's Pay the Man You fucking idiots!" (obviously they had the Americana album and know nothing about the Offspring)

hahaha ..at least they knew the song haha

bhg_rulz2
11-21-2005, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evka.pl

It seems that there is only one person out of seven millions of people in Quebec who likes The Offspring and it is Sinister.

Damn NO!!If you ad me and my friend,you can count at least 3!! :D

hahaha..im sure that if they go to quebec next year..the place where they are suppose to play..will be full ;) =)