PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else discover the Offspring like this??

ForsakenProdigy
09-21-2005, 03:04 AM
I heard of them, and of course was bombarbed with pretty fly and wdygaj, but never really paid attention, UNTIL.........Crazy Taxi for my old Sega Dreamcast (r.i.p)! Zooming around the city in my taxi was good stuff, never really paid attention to the music at first, but then i did and hearing way down the line and all i want made me want more, so I went online, downloaded more, liked everything I heard and since then, theyve been the number 1 band in the world to me :)

platinumpt
09-21-2005, 03:13 AM
Nah. I discovered them the old, uninteresting way. I was on my way back from school, and heard their songs on the radio. That's it :o

panzor41
09-21-2005, 04:15 AM
THATS ACTUALLY THE EXACT WAY I FIRST STARTED LISTENING TO THE OFFSPRING. Craxy Tazi was very fun of course....but the soundtrack was better. :D

Hypodermic_89
09-21-2005, 04:42 AM
I started listening to the offspring in 1999. my cousin was moving in with her boyfriend and they both had Smash and they thought that they don't need two Smash cd's, so she asked me if I liked The Offspring. I said yes, although I had never heard of them. She gave me the cd, and now they are my favorite band!

Nirushika6789
09-21-2005, 06:36 AM
Crazy Taxi for my old Sega Dreamcast (r.i.p)!:)
yea thats how i got into them but it was crazy taxi on the Playstation or something as far as i remember....all i want was the first song of theirs i heard...

Total_immortal
09-21-2005, 10:21 AM
the first carzy taxi??

i have it on my pc and never heard an offspring song on it xD

Evka.pl
09-21-2005, 11:42 AM
wow apparently i should play computer games more often.

TRUSTpunk
09-21-2005, 11:43 AM
I found out about the song "All I Want" when I heard crazy taxi.

It was at an Arcade room at CiCi's Pizza lol.

original_prankster
09-21-2005, 11:45 AM
I discovered them while watching "Idle Hands". I hadn't really started listening to them on a regular basis until around a year later, when the song that I named myself after was on TV. I had no clue that was The Offspring in that movie for a while because Dexter's voice was a bit deeper than usual...

electric_alexa
09-21-2005, 12:59 PM
Well, my parents had (as they're mine) americana and smash and i mustve heard offspring first time from the cd

Unnatural Disaster
09-21-2005, 03:47 PM
I heard The Offspring for the first time in 1998 when Pretty Fly came out. Later I asked my uncle what other songs were written by them and he gave me a nice list. I downloaded a few songs and then decided to buy all of their albums. I've been a fan ever since.

I am the lightning rod
09-21-2005, 05:06 PM
i first started listening when my dad let me listen to his smash cd, and it was the greatest ting i had ever heard. then i just got every album and now they are my favorite. my dad says he listened to them alot when smash came out, he says he liked every song on the cd. now hes old and he says they give him a headache, but deep down in him i know he still likes them

nameless
09-21-2005, 05:31 PM
i remember the game! its not how i got into them though!

Original prankstA
09-21-2005, 07:04 PM
I heard of them, and of course was bombarbed with pretty fly and wdygaj, but never really paid attention, UNTIL.........Crazy Taxi for my old Sega Dreamcast (r.i.p)! Zooming around the city in my taxi was good stuff, never really paid attention to the music at first, but then i did and hearing way down the line and all i want made me want more, so I went online, downloaded more, liked everything I heard and since then, theyve been the number 1 band in the world to me :)
yeah i was watching the opening video and i was listening and i thought it was coolest so i typed crazy taxi theme in on kazaa or watever and it said offspring so i typed that in and heard self esteem, walla walla, and staring at the sun and thats when i started listening to them

Sinister
09-21-2005, 07:22 PM
the way I discovered them is really weird... 4 years ago my english (2nd language for me) teacher made us listen to Original Prankster and we had to fill in some blanks in the lyrics. Been addicted ever since.

NDM1
09-21-2005, 07:52 PM
I first heard them because my brother was playing ignition and when i heard the line "im gonna light a tiki torch, im gonna throw it on your porch" I instantly feel in love with them.

bd007h
09-21-2005, 07:53 PM
My sister got Smash on cassette in 1994. I was 8, she was 13.

Auto
09-21-2005, 08:15 PM
It was all Offsprings fault that I had no friends... Every one liked spice girls and Peter Andre and I fell in love with the guy with the braids Dexter. I had to beg my mom to buy me Smash and let me listen to it... they were so reluctent coz of the swearing they thought it would taint my young innoccent mind... My music taste has changed over the years but offspring have always been my number 1 choice...

Sinister
09-21-2005, 08:27 PM
It was all Offsprings fault that I had no friends... Every one liked spice girls and Peter Andre and I fell in love with the guy with the braids Dexter. I had to beg my mom to buy me Smash and let me listen to it... they were so reluctent coz of the swearing they thought it would taint my young innoccent mind... My music taste has changed over the years but offspring have always been my number 1 choice...

good !! like what you like, never mind about whoever says it sucks.

Manic subsidal
09-21-2005, 09:01 PM
In 3rd grade, I went to the bathroom and inside one of the stalls I heard someone moaning "ooh give it to me baby." Then they screamed "OHH AH HUH AH HUH!!!"

so I went around class saying "Give it baby baby! huh huh!!" and a teacher was like "That's The Offspring, you like them?" I said "Really? Yeah I do! Give it to me ohh!" And she took me to her house and tied me up. Whatever she did to me that night, it sure did tickle.

offspring_freak_3
09-21-2005, 09:30 PM
In 3rd grade, I went to the bathroom and inside one of the stalls I heard someone moaning "ooh give it to me baby." Then they screamed "OHH AH HUH AH HUH!!!"

so I went around class saying "Give it baby baby! huh huh!!" and a teacher was like "That's The Offspring, you like them?" I said "Really? Yeah I do! Give it to me ohh!" And she took me to her house and tied me up. Whatever she did to me that night, it sure did tickle.
hahahahahaha.lol

offspring_freak_3
09-21-2005, 09:31 PM
i discovered them because of my friend. he owned the americana cd when it came out. so he don't stoped to listen the music all day so when i listened pretty fly and TKKA i started to like, he burned the cd to me and 1 month later i start to buy the albuns and became a fan :D

keel
09-21-2005, 09:47 PM
i heard "come out and play" on my way back home from school like 8 or 9 years ago...and loved it...thats it =)

shnooble
09-22-2005, 01:46 PM
My cousin showed me 'Me and my old lady' when I was 9.

Also I went into a shop years ago and found Americana. I was small so the picture scared me for days....

Amanda
09-22-2005, 01:49 PM
I discovered them a back in the times of smash, my brother got the tape and, as I wanted to be "cool" lol I started listening to it too. Eventually i got hooked.

Bazza
09-22-2005, 02:25 PM
first heard them in bout 1997/8 when my mate leant me s/t

thought it was kick ass and so started to get the other albums

scream
09-22-2005, 03:58 PM
I loved Americana to pieces before Crazy Taxi came out but when I saw the preview and heard All I Want playing I immediately found out which album it was and bought it.

dirty pair
09-22-2005, 09:19 PM
i sawa patch on a kids backpack in 4th grade haah

vikki
09-23-2005, 02:16 AM
no i heard the offspring on a film soundtrack the faculty and listened to some more on the net

the song was tkaa

punk_riOt
09-23-2005, 06:32 AM
My generation would've probably most likely picked up from around Americana i guess, that's how i began to love them.

CSX
09-23-2005, 07:21 AM
I discovered them on Crazi Taxi too! The PS2 version. I tried Bad Religion first but wasnt blown away, so I gave offspring a go and I've been a huge fan since.

Ironically I discovered my other favourite band Finger Eleven on a game too, Burnout 3. Must be an effective way to publicise a band.

clokey43
09-23-2005, 10:31 AM
lol sounds a pretty good way of discovering them but Im afraid I first heard them when I was at a friends house. You know he puts a cd on, and I was lik, ooh who is that? Hehehe

Funky Donkey
09-23-2005, 02:46 PM
Hardly ever watched MTV but I did play Crazy Taxi and liked All I want so asked my brother about it.

Nirushika6789
09-23-2005, 02:54 PM
Ironically I discovered my other favourite band Finger Eleven on a game too, Burnout 3. Must be an effective way to publicise a band.
yea....espiecially if they know its gonna be a popular game....if its a sequel to a good game then it will be popular

crazy taxi was great and offspring just gave it that WOW factor :D

Nitro Punk
09-24-2005, 04:25 AM
I become a fan when the kids aren't alright was playin' on mtv, back in 99 ,eventhough the first song i was listen to was "prety fly" and "get a job"!

For the pc version of crazy taxi they didn't put any offspring songs!

I got dreamcast and crazy taxi 1 & 2.Man i was stoked.both of the games have offspring songs.