PDA

View Full Version : UK Tour Note to Whoever selected the support bands..

R i c h a r d
09-21-2005, 05:43 AM
You should be shot... I mean wtf "Zombies!" how retarded... Next time around select some decent bands.

I'd like to see how many people here actually liked the bands and how many hated them.. So share your thoughts with me please! I'd like to think we weren't the only 7 people to think that they were bollocks..

icklebabygremlin
09-21-2005, 05:46 AM
yes lets shot dexter then u asshole

.:SMASH:.
09-21-2005, 05:47 AM
You should be shot... I mean wtf "Zombies!" how retarded... Next time around select some decent bands.

I'd like to see how many people here actually liked the bands and how many hated them.. So share your thoughts with me please! I'd like to think we weren't the only 7 people not to think they were bollocks..
excuse me but what are you talkin about?

R i c h a r d
09-21-2005, 05:54 AM
Send More Paramedics and the Letters That Oraganise, the support bands for the 4 UK gigs.

Bonkers
09-21-2005, 06:11 AM
Were chosen by the offspring them selves.....

DirtBird
09-21-2005, 06:17 AM
Personally i thought send more paramedics were great.. just wish i had booked tickets earlier so i could of been in standing.. definately gonna b seeing them again :D

Bonkers
09-21-2005, 06:20 AM
SMP were cool.

Nirushika6789
09-21-2005, 06:28 AM
Were chosen by the offspring them selves.....
yea arent the letters organise on nitro(dexters label) or am i just totally wrong here lol

thesandwhichmaker
09-21-2005, 08:07 AM
I liked Send More Paramedics....thought it was really uncool that the band were given the finger and boo'd, but their frontman obviously didnt give a shit and they looked like they enjoyed themselves.....just downloaded the videa to "Zombie Crew" fromtheir website....cool guys.

And The Letters Organize were cool...not really my thing, but i liked their energy, but at least they didnt get the finger like the zombies did.

I think anyone who acts like a dick and boos/gives the support he finger just cuz they arent the band they paid to see should just grow up. Boo hoo, you have to give a band you aint heard a chance, oh poor baby, half an hour of your precious life to listen to a band you might actually enjoy if you took your head of your ass and listened instead of goin "this isnt the offspring, engage middle finger".....*sigh* im sure the offspring would be impressed with the open mindedness of their fans....

SUPER_KING
09-21-2005, 09:18 AM
i fucking hated them both, i was sticking my two fingers up at both of them, on SEND MORE PARAMEDICS a guy told me to put my hand down and to stop swearing at them i turend around and said listen mate i payed to see offspring, i didnt pay to see these cunts so if u want the offpsring to come on then i suggest u start chanting. then about 6 of us began chating offspring offspring offspring.

also how do u get to choose the supporting bands? i really wonna know cause i'm quite good at selecting great bands :)

satrap
09-21-2005, 11:09 AM
zombie rock's not my flavour but letters originise were pretty good

lovelldr
09-21-2005, 11:24 AM
I liked Send More Paramedics....thought it was really uncool that the band were given the finger and boo'd, but their frontman obviously didnt give a shit and they looked like they enjoyed themselves.....just downloaded the videa to "Zombie Crew" fromtheir website....cool guys.

And The Letters Organize were cool...not really my thing, but i liked their energy, but at least they didnt get the finger like the zombies did.

I think anyone who acts like a dick and boos/gives the support he finger just cuz they arent the band they paid to see should just grow up. Boo hoo, you have to give a band you aint heard a chance, oh poor baby, half an hour of your precious life to listen to a band you might actually enjoy if you took your head of your ass and listened instead of goin "this isnt the offspring, engage middle finger".....*sigh* im sure the offspring would be impressed with the open mindedness of their fans....

That's not really the reason why most people were swearing and sticking middle finger up as you said ... the reason were that they were just absolutely crap!!! Could hear a thing they said. All they did were scream! The actual music wasn't too bad. But the singing was terrible, and the sound setup was even crapper!!!

SUPER_KING
09-21-2005, 01:05 PM
The actual music wasn't too bad. But the singing was terrible, and the sound setup was even crapper!!!

i agree, i quite liked the drum beat, but not worth it, in general i still dont like the 2 bands

ermdevi@tion
09-21-2005, 01:13 PM
... on SEND MORE PARAMEDICS a guy told me to put my hand down and to stop swearing at them i turend around and said listen mate i payed to see offspring, i didnt pay to see these cunts
Wrong. You did pay to see them. Their costs are part of that ticket price too, idiot.

so if u want the offpsring to come on then i suggest u start chanting. then about 6 of us began chating offspring offspring offspring.
And because you chant, The Offspring will come out quicker? No. And as you said, a whole six of you chanted. Way to go, rebel.

And as has been said, it is The Offspring who ask the support bands to play with them.

SUPER_KING
09-21-2005, 01:18 PM
Wrong. You did pay to see them. Their costs are part of that ticket price too, idiot.

pretty cheap in that case :)

And because you chant, The Offspring will come out quicker? No.

yh i know that they wont come out quicker, jus saying that we would rateher have the offspring on stage :rolleyes:

a whole six of you chanted. Way to go, rebel.

was hard getting lots of ppl, at least i created some :cool:

And as has been said, it is The Offspring who ask the support bands to play with them.

my bad ;)

Jinger Joe
09-21-2005, 02:21 PM
letters organize were gud, i wudnt go n see them on their own but send more paremedics were shit. they think their fukin canibals but their jus wankers from leeds so they can jus fuk off

Nirushika6789
09-21-2005, 02:23 PM
i didnt like either support acts

i liked the way SMP were dressed...it was a change lol

but TLO were just CRAP IMO

but i went tosee offspring and they were great

Bonkers
09-22-2005, 07:14 AM
Quite a few members of this forum make my laugh.

To clarify - Yes TLO are on Dexters label

- The support bands for The Offspring tour were picked by The Offspring - The Support bands for nearly every band that tours are picked by the 'headline' act, sometimes the tour promoters pick the support band or in very few cases (one that I have seen) there is a fan vote.

- Sticking fingers up and chanting offspring isn't going to make the band come on quicker. If anything it will make them pi$$ed off because you aren't respecting other people.

When I play in my band if anything gets thrown at us it gets thrown/kicked back. The band playing has the right to get anyone they want ejected from the venue if they feel threatend by their behaviour. Yes swearing and throwing Shoes (apparently) at the bands is 'Normal' gig behaviour but when it's actually intended to cause offence to the people playing its stupid.

Reading this forum I feel ashamed that I actually share the same likes in music as most of you.

Dantai
09-22-2005, 10:07 AM
aahh dear send more paramedics ... they were crap

sum one said " you suck" an the front mans reply was " yes we suck brains " ... oh god lol now peronally i quite like a good zombie bashing resident evil land of the dead etc id love 2 meet him again that'll be fun
there music was just like metallica stuff from the 80's i was like hhmm every song sounds the same because of that open E palm muting

as for the other band there lead singer had sum jerky movments they sucked to

Tijs
09-22-2005, 10:37 AM
i fucking hated them both, i was sticking my two fingers up at both of them, on SEND MORE PARAMEDICS a guy told me to put my hand down and to stop swearing at them i turend around and said listen mate i payed to see offspring, i didnt pay to see these cunts so if u want the offpsring to come on then i suggest u start chanting. then about 6 of us began chating offspring offspring offspring.

also how do u get to choose the supporting bands? i really wonna know cause i'm quite good at selecting great bands :)

I seriously dis-like people who do that. Why do you do that? The band is playing there to warm up the crowd. If you don't like them, too bad, other people might like 'em, and you swearing at them is very annoying.

I have the feeling I'm getting a "I don't care" answer though.

T-6005
09-22-2005, 10:46 AM
I seriously dis-like people who do that. Why do you do that? The band is playing there to warm up the crowd. If you don't like them, too bad, other people might like 'em, and you swearing at them is very annoying.

I have the feeling I'm getting a "I don't care" answer though.

You can't argue with a dickhead who has a brain about the equivalent of a large rock.

*danni*
09-22-2005, 12:18 PM
i personally didnt like them but i appreciate them coming on and performing.. did make me laugh though. i would see them again but i wouldnt spend a fortune on going to watch them! dunno if its already been asked but which band came on first??? luv danni xXx

satrap
09-22-2005, 12:47 PM
at brixton on the saturday the sound set up was actuli pretty good it just took a while to get used to, yeh the opening bands weren't too great but theyr only small time anyway

kiddman
09-22-2005, 01:00 PM
the letters organize were pretty good i thought. that song dressed up in gatwick is really good. i didnt like send more paremedics but i did clap after each song and i do think its a little harsh when people boo or give them abuse. they brought a bit of comedy to brixton and i applaude them for staying on stage but i wont be buying their album lol. but i can understand with the crowd because we were there to see offspring but theres no need for abuse just because there not your thing.
id also like to say anyone near the front in front of dexter that was a mega pit (16th). i started the circle pit with some random guy during all i want and come out and play!!

Denomar
09-22-2005, 01:48 PM
SMP and TLO were both rather well...

INCREDIBLE!

Not. They sucked. I paid to go see the Offspring. You'd at least think they'd get something a little less shit and more in Offspring's genre to play with them.

So, for a whole... hour easy, I was sat on the floor of Brixton with a mate, slowly dehydrating but refusing to go to the bar to get a drink because I wasn't losing my place, BECAUSE I was there to see the Offspring. Not screamy zombiecore shit.

So I agree with Rich, the guy who started the thread.

SMP and TLO sucked.

R i c h a r d
09-22-2005, 02:43 PM
Yeah and another mate of mine who went posted in another topic...

yeh i went to brixton on the saturday night and actually fell asleep at the back of the hall against the rear balcony on the seated section through the support bands cos they were that shit, my mate even had to wake me up before offspring came on, come on though "BRAINS" what sort of crap do u call that, but just for the reord offspring were fucking great, go noodles u little wreck head!!!!!

Kaerren
09-22-2005, 08:59 PM
Musically I didn't really like SMP. Although they were amusing, if nothing else. It's cool that despite the booing they still performed well. I don't like it when people boo support bands. It ruins it for the people who like them. When AFI supported Offspring, so many people booed them who were standing behind me and it was really fucking me off. I'd waited ages to see AFI play. Finally I got the chance to and some cockheads ruined it for me. That's why I didn't boo SMP or any other bands I'm not so in to. I wouldn't want to ruin it for anyone else. Besides, they have guts trying to play to crowds that big.

The Letters Organize were pretty good at Brixton, but I wasn't really swayed either way. I went to see them at the Barfly the day after and they were awesum! Very energetic and the sound was a lot better. They're really nice guys too.

*danni*
09-23-2005, 12:28 PM
You'd at least think they'd get something a little less shit and more in Offspring's genre to play with them. i agree, i dont think they should of had bands that played totally different music! luv danni xXx

Egg
09-23-2005, 03:26 PM
SMP lyrics:

I am a Zombie RAHHHHH! x 200000000

Kaerren
09-23-2005, 04:12 PM
you forgot to add "BRAINS! BRAINS!" ;)

punk_rocker
09-24-2005, 07:20 AM
look most ppl can agree that the support bands wernt everyones cup of tea. but thy wer there to warm up the crowd ....and is that not wat they did?? i mean we were all shoutin 4 the offspring like 20mins into the gig!!! they wanted us to c the offspring even more by the time they hadfinished so hadnt they done there job??? but yes i do agree that SMP were shit n the letters organise wer not amazin but they will learn!!!!

chicagoboy91
10-02-2005, 05:05 PM
i heard the bands sucked but whatever

Awesome_Avril
10-02-2005, 10:42 PM
I was there both nights. How can you call what SMP did music?? Both nights I was standing on the side by Greg K and pretty close to the speakers. Luckily, I brought earplugs which I wore for both warm up acts both nights. I wanted to save my ears for Offspring. The Letter Organized are definitely a Nitro project because both nights I could see both Noodles and Atom watching their performance on the sidelines backstage through their whole set. Did anyone else notice them in the wings on stage???

Everyone bought a ticket to see the warmup bands in addition to the Offspring because that is what was advertised. You have to take the bad (SMP) and the mediocre (TLO) in order to get the best (Offspring). I came from the US to see the Offspring again. Seven days in London was a great vacation!!! I would do it again.

sitdyneshelagh
10-03-2005, 08:06 AM
SMP were pure comedy, very entertaining but musically shit. Didn't like The Letters Organize , but oh well...

cfozzy
10-03-2005, 08:12 AM
i agree that the two bands were pretty pants and were a totally different genre and therefore somewhat out of place. But thats my personal oppinion, im sure a few folk appreciated them.
Where i was standing at glasgow there was a group of silly little boys who were cheering+whistling at the top of their lungs when SMP came on..but then as soon as other folk started boo, the joined in as well...and took it well too far shouting "your sh*te, get off" etc. I think its one thing standing there not getting excited or cheering for a band..but its a bit too much shouting nasty things at them..i felt a bit sorry for both bands at the gig

although i still thot they were crap
:eek:

defyuk
10-03-2005, 08:56 AM
I thought SMP were crap! I thought all the 'songs' sounded the same and it wasn't really music just a load of shouting screaming and Raaaaaahhhhhing!

I think that The Letters Organise were average and they weren't really my thing but i think given a bit of time and a few more big gigs under their belts that they will improve and will be fairly big in the future. Dexter played dressed up in gatwick on his Kerrang Hijack last week and it didn't actually sound too bad!

Overall, I was disappointed with the support and would have preferred having somebody like Taking Back Sunday, Brand New or Fall Out Boy supporting but as somebody has already said, the supports did their jobs and warmed the crowd up. And it was a bit harsh booing them but everybody has paid the money so i suppose they have the right to boo if they don't like them even if it isn't very respectful!

Nirushika6789
10-03-2005, 09:10 AM
Noodles and Atom watching their performance on the sidelines backstage through their whole set. Did anyone else notice them in the wings on stage???
yea at glasgow i seen noodles standing at the side...

defyuk
10-03-2005, 09:19 AM
i saw Dexter and Noodles in the wing at the first Brixton show.

Dirty Bertie
10-03-2005, 09:24 AM
i saw Dexter and Noodles in the wing at the first Brixton show.

Its probably cos they are on Dexters label.
He was thinking to himself - shit look what im wasting my money on :D

andrewwallace59
10-03-2005, 12:09 PM
First off, SMP rock o.o It has to be said, it takes a certain type to enjoy their music but if you dont enjoy it then shut up and let others have fun instead of ruining the experience for them.

Everyone was there to have a good time so why would any of you wanna be such pricks to sit and boo a band with so much talent, throwing things and shouting 'You suck' is nothign short of being an asshole. Sure, you might not like it. Just cause you dont like it doesnt mean the guy next to you doesnt.

So next time your at a concert and dont like the support bands, shut up and let everyone else enjoy it. Save your energy for the band you want and quit bad mouthing it. Also a fair point to make is that Offspring chose those support bands themselves, so you insult the support bands, your a dumbass, cause your insulting the band you came there to see.

sitdyneshelagh
10-04-2005, 07:47 AM
Ooh, I would NEVER boo a band, even if they were absolute shite. At the GLC gig the support got boo-ed off and I felt sooooo sorry for them...

Slim Pickens The Bomb Rider
10-04-2005, 07:51 AM
send more paramedics were crap, but vanilla sky was pretty good! @ the koln show

pete90
10-06-2005, 12:59 PM
i have been reading through this topic for a good 10 miniutes and i must say im rather pissed off anbd shocked by what youy people say 'musically smp are shit' HA why dont you pick up a guitar and play there songs if the are that shit, 'you couldnt tell what the singer was saying' thats funny, i was singing to every song, 'smp lyrics zombies X2000' thats wierd i could swear offsprings lyrics couldnt even be half as good as send more paramedic's lyrics, 'i boo'd smp and told them 2 fuck off' wow arnt you people so hardcore booing a band who love what they do i know why dont your band (if youve even got one) play some pop punk infront of a zombiecore loving crowd and i hope they boo you and throw things at you lets see how you like it, i dont like offspring much at all but i still clapped after each song they did, i traveled 2 and a 1/2 hours 2 see smp and i wasnt at all displeased by them they were amazing
and if some says summt about the lyrics i will paste some on here now.. this song is called 'half life' try telling me you can write as cool as this and remember the lyrics sing them very fast

Fear from nation unto nation breeds a nuclear confrontation
Blast fallout and radiation causes a viral mutation
Triggers mass reanimation, widespread zombie infestation
Mutual assured destruction leads to an undead eruption

Living in fear of the alien horde
A zombie’s heart is as cold as the coldest of wars

Now amid the devastation zombies plot your mastication
Scenes of gruesome ruination give them sweetest delectation
Glowing freaks of putrefaction seek a ghoulish satisfaction
Killers with a single mission yearn for cranial nutrition

Devil-spawn hatched by thermonuclear war
If you live by the sword, then you will die by the sword

Mega-deaths
Caused by their taste
For human flesh
Nuclear waste
Megatons
Detonate
There’s nothing left
It’s Judgement Day

Gametes warped by nuke-pollution alter human evolution
Genetic contamination engendering an aberration
Undead and deformed creation, gross beyond imagination
Warped beyond all recognition, freakish flesh this hellish vision

Inhuman cries
Hateful half-lives
This place of sighs
Where this race dies
Amid the dust
Zombies rise
And scream their lust
To poisoned skies

rant over

Denomar
10-09-2005, 03:53 AM
Honestly. I didn't come to see screamo shit. The support bands sucked, end of.

I can confirm what R i c h a r d said. One of our friends actually did fall asleep because the support bands were that SHIT.

Why couldn't someone have thrown a shoe (or several hundred) at them instead? :mad:

pete90
10-10-2005, 02:47 PM
it is not screamo its zombiecore

Denomar
10-14-2005, 09:27 AM
Whatever... s'all the fucking same anyway. Just noise by people who can neither sing nor play their instruments. :)

joethejudge
10-15-2005, 02:07 PM
I actually thought the guitarist was quite good...
When the singer came off the stage he was singing with his thumb over the microphone. wtf?!..

pete90
10-16-2005, 07:51 AM
ye no insrumental talent about 10 times better than offspring and if they r so talentless write a song better than them or try 2 play all of their album on guitar bass or wotever then we will see who is talentless

punk_rocker
10-16-2005, 10:00 AM
SMP were a crap BAND but as individuals they werent that bad. i mean the guitarist was playin some awesome riffs, shame the effects made it sound crap!!! also the bass player was player sum hard stuff but again it was real grindy and you couldnt really make it out but just watching him made me jealous of his talent!!!!