PDA

View Full Version : Would you...

China Boy
09-21-2005, 02:10 PM
Would you live a life in celibacy if you got ten million dollars?

SkyRocker
09-21-2005, 02:22 PM
By celibacy, I deduce you mean having no sex ? That's not really clear.

China Boy
09-21-2005, 02:23 PM
Yeah that's what I mean...

0r4ng3
09-21-2005, 02:24 PM
What other meanings could celibacy possibly have?

Aimeht
09-21-2005, 02:24 PM
No, definitely not. I'd never do that. I know it's a lot of money but I wouldn't be happy.

SkyRocker
09-21-2005, 02:27 PM
What other meanings could celibacy possibly have?
Having no girlfriends but night partners sometimes ? Nevermind, i was just asking for a confirmation.
And it's obviously no way for me. Money couldn't replace that feeling.

wheelchairman
09-21-2005, 04:18 PM
Absolutely not. I don't know, but I consider sex to be the reason to life. Procreation and all that. It's not a philosophy I have, just a feeling. If I were to lose my balls in an accident, I'd rather be put down than live.

Conspiracy of One
09-21-2005, 04:21 PM
I'd rather have $10,000,000 and masturbate than be poor and fuck.

St. Jimmy
09-21-2005, 05:41 PM
I'd rather have $10,000,000 and masturbate than be poor and fuck.

Same here. So, my answer is going to be 'Yes'.

GBH2
09-21-2005, 07:05 PM
that would be fuckin pointless

Tizzalicious
09-21-2005, 11:55 PM
Definitely not.

Chris1990
09-21-2005, 11:58 PM
No chance...

T-6005
09-22-2005, 12:00 AM
Can't believe some answered yes.

Bloody virgins. As for me... Fuck no.

barangatang
09-22-2005, 12:09 AM
Can't believe some answered yes.

The people who answered yes are all under the age of 14.

except for "headaroundU" who is in his 20's and is afraid to beat-off.

Sunny
09-22-2005, 12:19 AM
Absolutely not. it'd make me miserable as hell.

Nicole
09-22-2005, 01:23 AM
No. The thought actually scares me.

Endymion
09-22-2005, 01:30 AM
only ten million? no thanks.

offspringrammsteinfan
09-22-2005, 05:21 AM
Thanx but no thanx, the reason people want to have money is because that they can have sexs than with 5 woman at the same time (cause woman love man with money, especialy blondes do)...

So if you can't have sex what's the point about having money?

Not Ozymandias
09-22-2005, 05:25 AM
Nothing's more important than money. Plus who would know if I wasn't, anyway?

Paint_It_Black
09-22-2005, 05:52 AM
I answered "yes" and I'm neither under 14 or a virgin. So, while we're making wild assumptions about people, I'll say that anyone who answered "no" doesn't know what it's like to live way below the poverty line. I'll go ahead and speculate that they've never been evicted without knowing where they're going to go. Probably never been hungry and not known how to get a decent meal. Probably never been ill but unable to afford to see a doctor. Trust me, when you've lived enough to have some idea of what real stress is, sex is the last thing you want. I would actually expect those under 14 to answer "no" for two simple reasons. Teenagers tend to place an elevated level of importance on sex and also probably are well taken care of, have everything they need and haven't yet learned the real value of money. Anyone who says money isn't the most important thing, or money doesn't buy you happiness, has probably never had a very serious lack of it. In my experience only rich, whiny bastards say money can't buy happiness. And honestly, fuck them.

wheelchairman
09-22-2005, 08:04 AM
I grew up in America, with what was classified as a 'low-income' family. I know what it's like to be poor. I still voted no. And most students who don't have wealthy parents, will experience a need at some point, to skip eating on some days to afford eating on others. Or maybe not.

However voting 'no' does not automatically mean you'll be poor. It just means you won't have 10 million dollars.

killer_queen
09-22-2005, 09:37 AM
Voted for yes. I'm living without sex anyway, why wouldn't I live with ten million?

Sunny
09-22-2005, 11:13 AM
Trust me, when you've lived enough to have some idea of what real stress is, sex is the last thing you want. I would actually expect those under 14 to answer "no" for two simple reasons. Teenagers tend to place an elevated level of importance on sex and also probably are well taken care of, have everything they need and haven't yet learned the real value of money. Anyone who says money isn't the most important thing, or money doesn't buy you happiness, has probably never had a very serious lack of it. In my experience only rich, whiny bastards say money can't buy happiness. And honestly, fuck them.

Perhaps I am a rich whiney bastard (although I don't know how anyone could come to that conclusion), but I still think that's a pretty stupid assumption. You're asking if we've ever experienced poverty. Yes, in fact. I grew up in a pretty poor country. People have trouble making rent. Or paying for medication. And I'm asking if you've ever experienced loss of a loved one or a severe health problem.
Say, a member of one's family dies. Would all the money in the world give them happiness? Would they be like "well hey at least I can go on a shopping spree in my limo, weeeeooo *dance*"? what if they're diagnosed with a disease all the money they have CAN'T CURE? Their money wouldn't stop them from crying like a baby, I assure you.
What if you have a ton of money and you're lonely and have no one to share your "money-bought happiness" with?

I'm aware that money is very important. I know how stressful it is when you don't have it. But I've also learned, both from my family and friends back home, and from my experience living on my own, that it can't BUY HAPPINESS. Ever. "Good health" and "loving family" are the most essential components of happiness, I believe.

Of course, I'm not talking about extreme third world country kind of poverty, in which case money IS the most important thing, seeing as survival depends on it... but I believe it's safe to assume none of us have experienced it.

And maybe I have the mentality of a 14 year old, but I consider sex to be tremendously important in a healthy relationship. *shrugs*

T-6005
09-22-2005, 11:22 AM
And maybe I have the mentality of a 14 year old, but I consider sex to be tremendously important in a healthy relationship. *shrugs*

All the rest is quite right, but that's it right there.

SkyRocker
09-22-2005, 11:22 AM
I voted "Nope" and I'm far from being rich, and I can assure you that I live like a student who have not so much money in my tiny flat.
Meh, what have been said by Sunny is sufficient to argue against Paint_It_Black.

Iddy
09-22-2005, 11:25 AM
yes... but keep your 10 million dollars.

wheelchairman
09-22-2005, 11:32 AM
Sex *is* important in a relationship. It destroys boundaries, creates openness, and is a center-point for trust. It's a physical expression of emotions and generally a good thing.

But I also have the same disgusting view of sex when it comes to sex-outside of relationships too. One night stands are some of the most generous and caring acts. (this of course depends on who does it though.)

killer_queen
09-22-2005, 11:35 AM
Sex *is* important in a relationship. It destroys boundaries, creates openness, and is a center-point for trust. It's a physical expression of emotions and generally a good thing.
These things make me wanna do it.