PDA

View Full Version : Ixnay On The Hombre = Fuck The Man?

blackballs
09-21-2005, 02:14 PM
While coming across an old Rolling Stones magazine article I found something that the bands manager (Jim Guerinot) at the time said that Ixnay on the Hombre means Fuck The Man in pig latin. Well of course I don't speak pig latin and I always thought Ixnay on the Hombre was spanish, but hey I don't speak either so could someone please clarify this for me, thanks.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
09-21-2005, 02:15 PM
It means get rid of the man in spanish

0r4ng3
09-21-2005, 02:19 PM
Ixnay on the - Pig latin for most negative terms, usually "get rid of".

Hombre - Spanish for "man"

Total_immortal
09-21-2005, 02:21 PM
Ixnay on the - Pig latin for most negative terms, usually "get rid of".

Hombre - Spanish for "man"

yes, it's like 0r4ng3 says.... and this thread was already made :p

pretty_fly_white_guy858
09-21-2005, 02:23 PM
I dont like people like you (total immortal)
Let them make the thread. Who cares if its already been made or not.
Though I have done it a few times

Total_immortal
09-21-2005, 02:26 PM
I dont like people like you (total immortal)
Let them make the thread. Who cares if its already been made or not.
Though I have done it a few times

hey, i did also made threads that were already made.... and i'm not saying him that it is a bad thing.... i just.... ended the thread because the question was already done and we finished with that answer, ok??

pretty_fly_white_guy858
09-21-2005, 02:27 PM
Gotcha. No hard feelings

Total_immortal
09-21-2005, 02:30 PM
Gotcha. No hard feelings
great! :)

pretty_fly_white_guy858
09-21-2005, 02:33 PM
Gooooood :)

Amanda
09-21-2005, 02:38 PM
I think this has already been discussed elsewhere.

Total_immortal
09-21-2005, 02:41 PM
Gooooood :)

eXXXcelent :)

.:SMASH:.
09-21-2005, 04:23 PM
While coming across an old Rolling Stones magazine article I found something that the bands manager (Jim Guerinot) at the time said that Ixnay on the Hombre means Fuck The Man in pig latin. Well of course I don't speak pig latin and I always thought Ixnay on the Hombre was spanish, but hey I don't speak either so could someone please clarify this for me, thanks.
nah this guy is right but it means the man in a different term. you know, like "the man" as in the one in control of everything.

peko
09-21-2005, 04:38 PM
^ So yeah, it more specifically means "fuck authority". Somebody said they heard The Offspring talk about the meaning in some interview or whatnot in another thread, I forgot who it was.

09-21-2005, 04:40 PM
^ So yeah, it more specifically means "fuck authority". Somebody said they heard The Offspring talk about the meaning in some interview or whatnot in another thread, I forgot who it was.
haha! i didnt see that thread, i just used my intupretation of it!!!!!! but if thats true well im fuckin clever arent i?

barangatang
09-21-2005, 04:41 PM
haha! i didnt see that thread, i just used my intupretation of it!!!!!! but if thats true well im fuckin clever arent i?

Yes you can tell yourself that all you want.

09-21-2005, 04:42 PM
Yes you can tell yourself that all you want.
yes, yes i can

peko
09-21-2005, 04:47 PM

Intuitive, yes. But let's not go overboard with "fuckin clever". ;)

09-21-2005, 04:50 PM
Intuitive, yes. But let's not go overboard with "fuckin clever". ;)
fair enough. at least your not bein an asshole about it

Apathy
09-21-2005, 05:01 PM

lol, funny, some people think pig latin is actually a language.

Ok: I will explain for anyone who doesn't know what pig latin is.

My sample word will be Cat. = Cat
1. Move the First Letter of the word to the end. = atc
2. Add 'ay' to the end of the word = atcay

Therfore, Cat would become atcay. Ixnay, is Nix. Which you can look up in the dictionary if you don't know what it means.

Ancay Ouyay eadray histay?

Total_immortal
09-21-2005, 05:37 PM
nah this guy is right but it means the man in a different term. you know, like "the man" as in the one in control of everything.

but... then i wouldn't be HOMBRE ... it'd be AMO or at least SEŅOR... but it can be it can be :D

I am the lightning rod
09-21-2005, 05:44 PM
hombre in spanish means man dude

WebDudette
09-21-2005, 06:11 PM

Not really from day one I assumed Ixnay on the Hombre ment Get Rid of the Man or Fuck the Man as in the goverment I also figured everyone with an IQ higher then 70 would assume the same.

keel
09-21-2005, 09:43 PM
cool..i always knew "ixnay on the hombre" had a meaning, but never figured it out...problem solved =p