PDA

View Full Version : Why does it seem like I'm the only Offspring fan in my HS?

serrated_edge16
09-23-2005, 08:38 PM
I swear, I don't think I know anyone else who likes Offspring besides me in my highschool, and its rather depressing. Instead they all listen to emo crap like My chemical Romance, and Hawthorne Heights, and the used and all that shit. I hate it. It gets lonely...

Yeah, does anyone else experience this problem, cuz it blows having no one else to jam out to Offspring with :(

Offspring7
09-23-2005, 08:46 PM
people in my school are so into rap and hip-hop. and if not that, its cool to like the local bands. and if not that, its the emo stuff. its really annoying. i did find one other girl in my high school who absolutely loves the offspring, but she and i don't really talk.

peko
09-23-2005, 08:57 PM
That's because a majority of high school students only like what they see on MTV.

Conspiracy of One
09-23-2005, 08:59 PM
That's because a majority of high school students only like what they see on MTV.
SO a mjority of the students are Idiots then?

peko
09-23-2005, 09:04 PM
SO a mjority of the students are Idiots then?

Yes, pretty much.

0r4ng3
09-23-2005, 09:07 PM
I know how you feel (to thread starter). One of my friends kinda likes them, and another friend has only heard of 2 songs. Other than that, nothing. Everyone's a Green Day fan nowadays.

dain84
09-23-2005, 09:12 PM
I have one friend at school that loves them.

No one else has even heard of them.

Evka.pl
09-23-2005, 11:39 PM
I swear, I don't think I know anyone else who likes Offspring besides me in my highschool, and its rather depressing. Instead they all listen to emo crap like My chemical Romance, and Hawthorne Heights, and the used and all that shit. I hate it. It gets lonely...

Yeah, does anyone else experience this problem, cuz it blows having no one else to jam out to Offspring with :(
how can u tell that NOONE likes offy in your school? i mean did u do a survey or sth? maybe they just don't wear offspring t-shirts. cheer up. and u should be more tolerant to the fans of other-than-offspring bands.

offspringrammsteinfan
09-24-2005, 12:15 AM
The offspring seem to be loved on my school. I think 40% likes the offspring and 60% likes rock. Yeah that's true, there almost only whiteskinned freaks on my school.

Evka.pl
09-24-2005, 12:19 AM
The offspring seem to be loved on my school. I think 40% likes the offspring and 60% likes rock. Yeah that's true, there almost only whiteskinned freaks on my school.
that's awesome. a lot of ppl likes rock and metal in my school too. mostly they're fans of polish rock bands or metallica/DM/iron maiden and there r a few offy fans too :D our schools rock (LOL i can't believe i've said that)

offspringrammsteinfan
09-24-2005, 12:34 AM
that's awesome. a lot of ppl likes rock and metal in my school too. mostly they're fans of polish rock bands or metallica/DM/iron maiden and there r a few offy fans too :D our schools rock (LOL i can't believe i've said that)

So your school rocks because people of it listen to rockmusic? In my eyes it really doesn't matter to which kind of music an person listens as long as he/she is an nice person and pays my beer there's no reason why he/she has to listen to rock.

punk_riOt
09-24-2005, 01:00 AM
I know how you feel (to thread starter). One of my friends kinda likes them, and another friend has only heard of 2 songs. Other than that, nothing. Everyone's a Green Day fan nowadays.

Yeah i agree about the Green Day thing, everyones into them atm.

kiddman
09-24-2005, 02:03 AM
i play offspring in my common room. r and b girls get angry .i laugh

Evka.pl
09-24-2005, 02:32 AM
So your school rocks because people of it listen to rockmusic? In my eyes it really doesn't matter to which kind of music an person listens as long as he/she is an nice person and pays my beer there's no reason why he/she has to listen to rock.

i agree with u. (except the beer thing;)) i meant that my school rocks literally :) i don't judge a person by the music he listens to.

Aimeht
09-24-2005, 03:09 AM

Yes, I don't know many that really listen to The Offspring. Some of my friend listen to them probably because I force them to, hehe...

Dead Cheerleader
09-24-2005, 03:15 AM

Well what high school is that? Sometimes retardation can be geographically dependent. The general public will always like some inferior, sub-intelligent entertainment, so why are you complaining. Get used to it. Just be grateful that you are lucky enough to distinguish greatness from the contemporary distraction i.e. trash.

original_prankster
09-24-2005, 06:00 AM
people in my school are so into rap and hip-hop.

What he said 'cause I don't want to type it. :D

I'm homeschooled now, because the high school over here has the highest crime and violence rate in the county and mom doesn't want me going there. Hehe.

Evka.pl
09-24-2005, 06:03 AM
What he said 'cause I don't want to type it. :D

I'm homeschooled now, because the high school over here has the highest crime and violence rate in the county and mom doesn't want me going there. Hehe.
wow must be really hard 4 u hehe ;)

<<Angry Kid>>
09-24-2005, 06:25 AM
It's mainly me, a couple of my friends and her sister at my highschool who like the Offspring which sucks :(
(All Saints secondary in Wyke Regis, Weymouth, Dorset, England)

Original prankstA
09-24-2005, 07:25 AM
yeah nobody is like an offspring freak but a few people listen to them

Lenny
09-24-2005, 08:11 AM
At my school people who dont know something about the Offspring always ask me hey. I am the biggest nut about the Offspring in my year group. They always look at me like im a weirdo cause i rock out when ever i play Offspring and i guess you could say im the only one who listens to them in my year group. Well use to ive finished now wont see my mates again.
________
DairyQueenX live (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/DairyQueenX)

Human
09-24-2005, 12:10 PM
People at my school despise The Offspring but I don't have a problem with it although I do tell them that something is wrong with them. The Offspring just aren't very popular. that's all.

serrated_edge16
09-24-2005, 12:12 PM
Its not like I judge people by what they listen too, I just wish more people would listen to them, thats all.

And theres gotta be some places that love offspring, since they have sold a total 32 million albums. I mean they are popular.

*danni*
09-24-2005, 12:23 PM
meh i listen to all kinds of music so i can always find some one @ school who likes the same bands but like 1 eighth of the people in my school are offspring fans which rocks \m/ :D

Floyd the Barber
09-24-2005, 04:11 PM

Kids in my school don't have shit for musical taste, as is likely the case in every high school in the U.S. The girls mostly like unbearably cliched, formulaic, sugary, upbeat, anemic pop crap like Rob Thomas. Or they prefer the spoon-fed MTV mainstream shit like Gwen Stefani or My Chemical Romance (barf). What's really distressing is how a lot of the "males" have absolutely no balls when it comes to music. Some douchebag in my science class had The Reason on his iPod. Total flamer. I see both girls and guys walking around with American Idiot T-shirts, who probably didn't know Green Day existed a year ago but now because they are popular and hip, they are the band's number one fanz!!! Some guys go about with what I sarcastically call "new rock" T-shirts - Motley Crue, Ac/Dc, Guns N' Roses, old Metallica...these are the only glimmers of any shred of good taste in my school. I'm guessing they're so into 15-20 year old bands because Viacom-owned radio sludge stations like WBCN in Boston are determined to play the same old shit from the 70's, mid-late 80's, and early-mid 90's as much as possible.

So yeah...sorry to say that you're not alone, dude. I bet if you mentioned "Offspring" to any of the fuckers at my craphole, they'd either be clueless or criticize them for not being fruity, MTV-hyped shit. Most kids today are total morons when it comes to music...well, most are morons period, too.

dexterisMYman
09-24-2005, 04:22 PM
i've know like 40 people in my school that like them. most of them say that they're their favorite band. but i love 5them the most.

H1T_That
09-24-2005, 04:26 PM
People who go to my college listen to rap and R 'n' B, it depresses me though when they come in after seeing the 'wake me up when september ends' green day video, and are complete rock fans. :mad: Whatever they see on MTV, or other terrible music channels is what every 1 listens to.at my college, there is me who is a total offspring freak, there is my girlfriend who likes them, but not as much as i do. Here in this forum is the only place i can find other true fans (except people i meet at gigs) P.S manchester gig was best thing ive ever seen!!, support bands were.....interesting :rolleyes:

.:SMASH:.
09-25-2005, 03:23 AM
People who go to my college listen to rap and R 'n' B, it depresses me though when they come in after seeing the 'wake me up when september ends' green day video, and are complete rock fans. :mad: Whatever they see on MTV, or other terrible music channels is what every 1 listens to.at my college, there is me who is a total offspring freak, there is my girlfriend who likes them, but not as much as i do. Here in this forum is the only place i can find other true fans (except people i meet at gigs) P.S manchester gig was best thing ive ever seen!!, support bands were.....interesting :rolleyes:
people at high school are typically dumb. (not me of course). but they will only respect music that is played on mtv or the popular radio station. at the moment at my school "offspring are old" which apparantly meant they suck now coz they age. damn teenagers will never respect talent. i have converted a few freinds to offspring though...

its one fine day
09-25-2005, 09:49 AM
there are 2 groups in my school

1) offspring fans etc...

2) chavs

death incarnate
09-25-2005, 11:44 AM
true offspring are kickass,but theyre not the best band in the world and there is a very minimal amount of music that would be better.you cant blame someone for likeing music just because they like it.what i really hate is spineless pricks who only listen to what everyone else listens to eg.if i said i like pink floyd (who also kickass),the majority of you would insult till my black and white cows come home but they still kick ass

death incarnate
09-25-2005, 11:49 AM
when people learn to respect all music tastes then bands which suck and make money by writing music for the masses of tasteless teens will shrivel up and die and we shall listen to music that we personally like and start to develop tastes and opinions.we will then be one step closer to a perfect world and we will have no music predujices.but this world is fucked up and filled with the maliocus masses who shall always listen to the top band of the time regarless of what they are