PDA

View Full Version : Offspring Guitars

axlpxl
10-21-2004, 03:08 AM
Im, who such a guitar freak, would REALLY enjoy a page with GOOD pics and facts about noodles and dexters diferent guitars. Pickups and which song they use them on and so on!

btw. Webdude is dead, all hail the webdude!

psimate
10-21-2004, 04:38 AM
yeah,good idea!
i really like the TAZ Ibanez(the guitar with TAZ on it)
and the new silver one.....AHHH,cool!
:cool:

Lullaby
10-21-2004, 04:47 AM
jep, thats really a great idea....I love the taz guitar.....

I think thats a nice pic of it..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/offspringfreak/others/studio1.jpg

samr
10-21-2004, 04:50 AM
I never knew there was a tazz sticker on it. sweet

axlpxl
10-21-2004, 05:18 AM
man thats realy ugly!
but its cool in some kind of way :)
I never saw the taz before either. And theres that buitiful tigerRG he used during the ixnaytour!

Nrk
10-21-2004, 05:20 AM
I got the same type of guitar( s ) ;)
http://www.excessum.nl/guitarssssssssssss.jpg

The yellow, red, and black one ;)

axlpxl
10-21-2004, 05:22 AM
Dont like the rg shape so much, im more of a explorer, lespaul kinda guy, but nice guitars!

Lullaby
10-21-2004, 05:24 AM
woah....dammit...I just got a yamaha erg 121......

RobinoZombie
10-21-2004, 05:31 AM
Ive got a Epiphone Les Paul gothic, beautiful guitar
A Peavey foundation 5 String Bass
A Black peavey Bass
And A Sunburs Fender Jazz Bass

Zee
10-21-2004, 05:40 AM
man thats realy ugly!
but its cool in some kind of way :)

What? It's damn sexy, one of the coolest guitars around.

Heat
10-21-2004, 06:24 AM
i love noodles Ibanez NDM 1..... its so amazing..... cool design, good sound... what do you want more?

http://image.www.rakuten.co.jp/ikebe/img1029451523.jpeg

i bought it for 580 .... but mine looks a bit different...

http://www.kosakuworld.com/guitar/ibanez-ndm1.jpg
(my ibanez looks similar to this (take the pic from google))

every Ibanze NDM 1 is different :cool:

axlpxl
10-21-2004, 06:43 AM
What? It's damn sexy, one of the coolest guitars around.

The green versus the brown isnt really nice.. but its damn cool when its on dexter :)

psimate
10-21-2004, 07:50 AM
do you think that Dexter chosse his own guitar(i mean waht kind of colour etc.) or the Ibanez company just send him one?
I especially like his new IBanez RG with silver colour(he uses during the Splinter tour)

Ferna182
10-21-2004, 07:53 AM
I like Dexter's Ibanez RG570 Custom (the grey one) a lot!!! .. but i like Ibanez S series more thar RG's

RonWelty
10-21-2004, 07:55 AM
i like the new one of dexter !

Lullaby
10-21-2004, 07:58 AM
do you think that Dexter chosse his own guitar(i mean waht kind of colour etc.) or the Ibanez company just send him one?
I especially like his new IBanez RG with silver colour(he uses during the Splinter tour)

hm.....I think that Dexter choose the color.....

yeah the new one looks great too

mrconeman
10-21-2004, 07:58 AM
I should be getting the Ibanez NDM1 sooooon!, cant wait for that most people say its the best guitar theyve used.

My favourite offspring guitar....either the NDM or Dexters RG (green and brown)

Ferna182
10-21-2004, 09:03 AM
buying guitars here at argentina its too hard..... here guitar costs the same as EEUU (for example, U$S800 for an S series from ibanez) but... paying here U$S 800 it's $2400 ..... ok.. the dollar here costs $3 ... but... when the dollar started to costs $3, everithing become 3 times more expensive... and the money you earn at work DIDN'T grow 3 times.... so..... the best guitar i can now afford it's a Ibanez GRG270 ... here costs $720 it's a cheap guitar... but ... it's like for you to pay U$S720 on EEUU ..... so obviously ... i can only dream for a Gibson Les Paul Custom ... it costs $6000 ...... im earning about $400 per month ... so imagine... i can NEVER buy it......

Fuck argentinian economists!! :mad:

GunForHire
10-21-2004, 09:18 AM
I love Dex's guitar, the RG with the sort of diamond-plate paint job on it (the one he uses in the Can't Get My Head Around You video). Noodle's one is great too. I'd love to get one of those two, but I've only been playing guitar for a little over a year so I kinda suck so it'd be a bit of a waste of money at the moment. Still, I'd love to get one when I get better, but where to get (in UK) and how much would they be?

Heat
10-21-2004, 12:50 PM
well i bought mine at http://www.musicstorekoeln.de/ for 580

they send their products to many countries.... take a look ;)

Jebus
10-21-2004, 02:07 PM
I especially like his new IBanez RG with silver colour(he uses during the Splinter tour

Ibanez has a custom shop for the players that they indorse in Japan. Japan sells all the cool Ibanez guitars. The states mostly only get the low end models. Currently I only have a cheap Gax70. I'm hoping that someday I'll own an Ibanez J-Custom Rg8670. I'll have to get it imported from japan.

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/japan/guitar/page_rg/rg8670bx.html
most beautifull rg ever

axlpxl
10-21-2004, 03:00 PM
man thats a nice RG!
i always disliked the colors ibanez used, mainly becuase there ugly. But this one is hot! (and grey)

Jebus
10-21-2004, 03:24 PM
yeah, the US doesnt have a good choise of colors. check out all the other colors in japaneses site. Japan has all the cool stuff like I said before.

GunForHire
10-21-2004, 04:52 PM
Hmmm, just checked out http://www.musicstorekoeln.de/englisch/, but to get Noodles' one, it'll probably cost me about 500 including shipping. Damn my brokeness.

Jebus
10-21-2004, 04:55 PM
I really dont think noodles sig is worth the money. Its okay but not great. You could get something better for that money.

psimate
10-21-2004, 09:45 PM
yo Jebus!
thx for the information!
yeah maybe i have my own costum RG he-he-he

Left Face Down
10-22-2004, 12:54 AM
I love to spread knowledge, and I love these new boards... though WHY DID IT TAKE SO LONG!!????

Ok, you want to know about the guitars this is all I know girls and boys. I'll just list the differences from stock the stock models. Also, these are the tour guitars, nothing more. I know Noodles has a stock pile of guitars, it'd take a while to name them.

Dexter:
Custom RG570:
Hardtail
Seems to have a split paint job, I never knew that until I saw that picture on teh front page of this thread.
DiMarzio Super 3 in the neck position.
He likes using this guitar for the older songs actually.

Custom RG570:
Fretless past the Anarcy symbol on it at the 12th fret spanning into the 11th and 13th frets..
Hardtail
DiMarzio Super 3 in neck position
I saw him use this for a few songs on the Splinter tour, I don't think it's anything imparticular.

Custom RG1570:
Hardtail
Diamond plateing on front
DiMarzio Super 3 in neck
Used primarally for the songs from the new album.

Fender Strat:
Totally stock, used for the two clean songs off splinter

Ibanez Acoustic:
Totally stock, used for the acoustic songs such as "Get A Job" and so on..

Noodles:
Note: I'm sorry I don't know the numbers of the Talmans, I have a TC420, I believe Noodles has TC550s going by Ibanez's number ranks..

Talman (black):
Used for Drop Tuned songs
DiMarzio Tone Zone in bridge, and PAF Pro in neck.

Talman (Silver/ducktaped):
This was the talman that was in the videos such as "I choose", it was later ducktaped.
DiMarzio Tone Zone in bridge, and PAF Pro in neck.
This is Noodles' main guitar, used for anything but dropped tuning really.

Talman (Sig):
This guitar was given to Noodles because Ibanez started a Signature series for Noodles, and of course they'll give him one.
This guitar is a switch off from his personal ducktaped Talman on normal songs.

Artcore Talman:
Used fro clean songs, generally those which Dexter plays the second part on Acoustic, such as "Get A Job"
As far as I know this one is stock, I don't know 100%.

If Dexter or Noodles would tell me if this is all right, correct what's wrong, or add on to it for me. I will give you a hug next time I see you... actually, maybe I'll jsut fly out to Orange County to hug you... I knew where you're buses were at the Houston show (I think they were yours), on the Splinter tour, and I know you guys were known to hang out after shows.. but I didn't have time to stay :(

P.S.- I'm not a stalker... Don't be freaked out, I passed these buses really close to the venue, in a part I know they use for things like parades (I was in a parade in Houston) and I am pretty sure it was your buses.

axlpxl
10-22-2004, 02:17 AM
That fact seems tight, heard it many times before... but you missed out on one important thing. Dexter has Dimarzio Super Distortion in the bride in all his guitars.

BoneheadBarbarian
10-22-2004, 04:28 AM
I should be getting the Ibanez NDM1 sooooon!, cant wait for that most people say its the best guitar theyve used.

wat a load of shyte dude, infact i cant think of anyone who thinks its the best guitar theyve ever used. Tis a fucking awesome guit especially if you looking to jam with the noodles punk sound but it aint the best guit for say blues or metal. you have no idea wat the fuck your talkin about.

samr
10-22-2004, 05:45 AM
What a great topic. Never have I seen a good pic of Dexters Green/brown sticker guitar.

axlpxl
10-22-2004, 06:09 AM
me either, the pic in this topic was the best ever.. Send in all your pics here!

Left Face Down
10-22-2004, 08:02 AM
That fact seems tight, heard it many times before... but you missed out on one important thing. Dexter has Dimarzio Super Distortion in the bride in all his guitars.
I've never heard of Dexter having that in his bridge... hmmm.... Even on the list of equipment they used for the latest album I'm pretty sure all it said was a Custom Ibanez RG with Super 3 in neck.

I would love to find this out from Dexter, which I doubt will happen sadly... his bridge pickup sounds WAY too much like the stock RG570/1570 bridge pickup for me to really believe that at this point. Though it's possible.

axlpxl
10-22-2004, 10:24 AM
I've never heard of Dexter having that in his bridge... hmmm.... Even on the list of equipment they used for the latest album I'm pretty sure all it said was a Custom Ibanez RG with Super 3 in neck.

I would love to find this out from Dexter, which I doubt will happen sadly... his bridge pickup sounds WAY too much like the stock RG570/1570 bridge pickup for me to really believe that at this point. Though it's possible.

I just read it in some text on the web, so i cant back it up, but the standard V8 in the bridge isnt good at all so i cant see why he should use that...
i think he has super 3 in neck and super distortion in bridge...

and i "know" that noodles uses tonezone in his bridge...

Left Face Down
10-22-2004, 12:14 PM
I just read it in some text on the web, so i cant back it up, but the standard V8 in the bridge isnt good at all so i cant see why he should use that...
i think he has super 3 in neck and super distortion in bridge...

and i "know" that noodles uses tonezone in his bridge...

The V8 isn't that bad at all once you get the right amp with it, I love it with my Peavey XXX 212 combo. The v8 isn't that heavy of a pickup, sound wise, and it goes great with heavy sounding amps because of that.

I am pretty sure Dexter uses the stock V8 in his guitars, mostly because I have two guitars with that pickup in it, one wont when I get un-lazy and switch it out with the combo I have for it. I'm overhauling it, it's an RG570.

I just know the sound from the V8, and it's un-mistake-able to me. On the live videos, and at the concert, when he plays clean through that pickup it's really easy to tell that it is in fact the V8.

I'm not saying I'm 100% correct, I believe I am but I dont' know for sure. Though it's not a bad pickup at all for a stock pickup if you have a good amp, it's very nice on tube amps and has it's own distinct sound, which is very nice when you have a very heavy amp, because it is a light pickup.

Where is Dexter when you need him, I've asked more than once if they could give us specifics on the guitars.

axlpxl
10-22-2004, 03:35 PM
i hope your right! But the rg deserves a hell of a better puppie than the V8, but a pupp cant be bad, but it could not match your taste :P
Too me its all to muddy, but i also want a metallica kindof blackalbum sound, so i dream of EMG81s och just regular 500t gibsons..

Im gonna dream for a explorer tonight :D :p

gen4
10-30-2004, 01:40 AM
Could you tell me what logo has dexter on his taz guitar and custom rg570? It looks like circle with red and blue background, white edge and hmm a white plane inside. What is name of that logo? Where I can get a good quality picture of it? I want to make a sticker with this and stick it to my guitar :)

Nrk
10-30-2004, 03:56 AM
Dexter doesn't use v8 pick-ups. They maybe look the same, but he uses super3. I wanted to buy a super3, but they couldn't get it at a music shop, the guy there recommended a Seymour Duncan Invader instead, which is even harder/more output then the super3. So i decided to buy an Invader.

The sound is fucking awesome. Killer bass and output with the gain full on my Randall half-stack ;)