PDA

View Full Version : Monkey Wrench, My Hero, or Everlong?

pretty fly 88
09-24-2005, 12:21 PM
I know there are other Foo Fighters threads, but I really want to know what your favorite radio hit is from their Colour and the shape CD. I know that Monkey Wrench, My Hero, and Everlong are my 3 favorite songs off of that CD, but I can't decide which one is my favorite. I tend to like songs that are loud and fast, and that's what I like about Monkey Wrench. It sounds like the guitar player is playing his butt off in that song, and the lyrics are kind of fun.
But I also love the drums and the anthematic chorus of My Hero. The chorus has so much feeling in it, when you combine the soulful lyrics with the drumming. If you've ever seen them live, you know that that song sounds really interesting live. They speed it up, which kind of makes it sound wrong, but also makes it more fun. But Everlong is the only song of those three that I liked the first time I heard it. The other 2 had to grow on me. Everlong is a very pretty song, and I like to think it's my favorite, but I don't know. Which of these three songs is your favorite?

nieh
09-24-2005, 12:57 PM
Because us telling your our favorites will help you decide your own. Mine would probably be Everlong.

offspring fan
09-24-2005, 01:02 PM
monkey wrench is the best not offspring song i have ever heard

pretty fly 88
09-25-2005, 02:59 PM
Because us telling your our favorites will help you decide your own. Mine would probably be Everlong.
Good point there. Yeah, I'm beginning to think that Everlong is my favorite.

Yatesy
09-26-2005, 11:15 AM
Monkey Wrench is my favourite song....EVER!