PDA

View Full Version : The next big thing ! (trivium)

make some fuckin noise
09-24-2005, 03:57 PM
i dont know if you know who they are but trivium are a rapidly acsending metal band ! i was hoping to hear your opinions on them

Jebus
09-24-2005, 04:32 PM
Coincidently, I'm listening to Ascendancy right now. I've only heard the first two tracks so far so I can't really comment yet.

~*hit_that*~
09-24-2005, 04:46 PM
I've heard one or two tracks, and I think they're fucking awesome! Kerrang has given them raving reviews too! Good on yer Trivium!

Jebus
09-24-2005, 04:52 PM
From what I've heard so far, they seem a bit too generic. I'm not saying they're bad but the music is quite bland.

nieh
09-24-2005, 05:07 PM
From what I've heard so far, they seem a bit too generic. I'm not saying they're bad but the music is quite bland.

I generally agree. Although that probably means that they ARE the next big thing seeing as how mediocre songwriting is what gets popular nowadays.

make some fuckin noise
09-25-2005, 06:38 AM
ye i understand what your sayin jebus ! however i think they rock and find it amazing that there lead singer is ONLY18

Mentally_Challenged
09-25-2005, 06:41 AM
I hate Trivium so much.

>.<

lead singer

Yeah.....Singer...*cough*

Nirushika6789
09-25-2005, 07:18 AM
Yeah.....Singer...*cough*
i like the choruses of their songs because he actually sings them ..not shouting them like he does in the 'verses'

songs i like

pull harder on the strings
dying in ur arms
a gunshot to the head...

i only like them a little because to me it seems like they are a watered down version of slipknot...or something like that

make some fuckin noise
09-25-2005, 11:30 AM
please dont refer to them as a watered down version of slipknot ! the vocals have far more meaning than that and the guitars ars simply unbelevable !

Jebus
09-25-2005, 12:24 PM
guitars ars simply unbelevable !
I found the riffing extremly boring and generic. The trite soloing was so unbelievably uninspired. The only thing the good thing about the soloing was his technical skill and speed which doesn't count for much unless it sounds good.

Nirushika6789
09-25-2005, 12:26 PM
I found the riffing extremly boring and generic. The trite soloing was so unbelievably uninspired. The only thing the good thing about the soloing was his technical skill and speed which doesn't count for much unless it sounds good.
exactly....almost everything about them suck

alextittycomb
09-25-2005, 12:28 PM

I think the riffs and the solos are the only good bit, but when the lead singer sings he sounds like a constipated demon with Crack withdrawl.

notoriousdoc
09-25-2005, 12:44 PM
Coincidently, I'm listening to Ascendancy right now. I've only heard the first two tracks so far so I can't really comment yet.
Even more coincidently I was just commenting on how crap that kind of music is!

Mentally_Challenged
09-25-2005, 01:34 PM
I had a feeling you'd reply to this, Dan =P

the lead singer sings he sounds like a constipated demon with Crack withdrawl.

YES!

~*hit_that*~
09-25-2005, 01:37 PM
please dont refer to them as a watered down version of slipknot ! the vocals have far more meaning than that and the guitars ars simply unbelevable !

yeah true. Alter Bridge are still better though :p

Nirushika6789
09-25-2005, 01:44 PM
I think the riffs and the solos are the only good bit, but when the lead singer sings he sounds like a constipated demon with Crack withdrawl.
i couldnt have said it better myself:D

Yatesy
09-26-2005, 11:17 AM
I hate Trivium so much.

Yeah me too, I really hate them 'cause they have some big hype around them (their first album is not legendary!) and they sound like pretty much everything else in the metal scene.

T-6005
09-26-2005, 11:43 AM
Trivium suck. It's just not music when stuff sounds like that.

As for Alter Bridge - they just sound bad.