PDA

View Full Version : Live Album!!!!

Matt.B
09-25-2005, 09:20 PM
Ok im starting a petition to get the Offspring to make a live album.......hopefully they feel our need of a live album ssoooooo WHO WANTS A LIVE ALBUM????????

Endymion
09-25-2005, 09:25 PM
aren't there already live albums out?

wheelchairman
09-25-2005, 10:32 PM
sounds kinda boring.

And petitions for a live-album, sounds really stupid.

Jebus
09-25-2005, 10:34 PM
I don't see the point of a live Offspring album.

vikki
09-26-2005, 01:29 AM
yes there is a point. they could make a DVD featuring all their their songs live (or at least most of em) and release a box set of all the albums live!

offspringrammsteinfan
09-26-2005, 01:35 AM
I wouldn't ever spend my money on an live album, that's just one stupid thing to do.

If you want to hear them live, go see them live.

vikki
09-26-2005, 01:38 AM
they are very good live, and it'd be nice to be able to have to listen to it whenever

offspringrammsteinfan
09-26-2005, 01:50 AM
they are very good live, and it'd be nice to be able to have to listen to it whenever

Just download live songs then, stupid sucker! what's so difficult about that?

vikki
09-26-2005, 02:23 AM
piss off arsehole

Dirty Bertie
09-26-2005, 03:32 AM
[QUOTE=Cejus]They aren't that great live. The songs sound the same live and non-live, [QUOTE]

shit - they aint lip synching - are they??

Dirty Bertie
09-26-2005, 03:41 AM
hahaha, no, I don't think so =P

The thing I hate the most about Offspring concerts is that they don't talk too much with the audience. They just go and play their songs. That's boring, IMO.

shit - that could point to lip synching too!!! - but i'm pretty sure they play live :D

I think you're right that they don't say much during concerts. However, that is prolly a good thing as well.

Swill
09-26-2005, 04:04 AM
Even though its a live album and most people have live versions of the main songs anyway, i still would welcome an official live album release....still however there are better ways to petition an idea to the offspring.....on the foo fighters website theres a guy petitioning for the foos to do a one off mtv unplugged performance.....now thats a good idea!!!!!The offspring unplugged...that would be great!!!!
________
Extreme Vaporizer (http://extremevaporizer.info)

offspringrammsteinfan
09-26-2005, 05:24 AM
They aren't that great live. The songs sound the same live and non-live, so that's kinda boring for a live album. Other bands do great on live concerts, but The Offspring are a bit boring.

Have you ever been on a Green Day concert? They have a great live show. the same goes for Rammstein, Deep Purple, Blink 182 or even El Canto del Loco, S˘ber (spanish groups).

Nothing can break the rammstein live shows, is that an rocket launcher?? :eek: wow and now he just putted himself on fire :rolleyes:

vikki
09-26-2005, 06:14 AM
they definatley dont mime if you listen to most of dex's voice sounds different so they cant be

platinumpt
09-26-2005, 09:29 AM
There are already about 20 random songs they recorded live, with very good quality, so burn your own CD, it's easier! ... or you can always download a few bootlegs.

notoriousdoc
09-26-2005, 09:34 AM
A live DVD would be better, like the Show must go off ones from Kung Fu!

StayInTheHouseCarl
09-26-2005, 10:39 AM
the fact that they sound just like the record when they play points to how good they are. and you can tell they dont lip sync because dexter doesn't always exactly have a voice thats at 100% all the time. but that happens with everyone.

StayInTheHouseCarl
09-26-2005, 10:40 AM
A live DVD would be better, like the Show must go off ones from Kung Fu!
that could be cool. joe knows how to put together a great live dvd.

offspringrammsteinfan
09-26-2005, 10:41 AM
that could be cool. joe knows how to put together a great live dvd.

there are an lot of live songs on the new dvd, why bother another live dvd?

StayInTheHouseCarl
09-27-2005, 08:34 AM
but they are all from MTV specials. what everyone wants is a real show setting i guess.
i dont really care for them doing a live dvd, im just saying that if they did it, joe escalante would be the good way to go.

Jebus
09-27-2005, 02:48 PM
the fact that they sound just like the record when they play points to how good they are.
Well, I think that's kind of boring in a concert. Some bands like Dream Theater sometimes add on to a song or just change it somehow whichs makes it intresting.

ninthlayer
09-27-2005, 02:50 PM
And why the fuck hasn't anyone pointed out that this Offspring related shit is in the WRONG FORUM?

platinumpt
09-27-2005, 05:41 PM
Well, I think that's kind of boring in a concert. Some bands like Dream Theater sometimes add on to a song or just change it somehow whichs makes it intresting.
Yeah, but improvising might enlarge a lot the duration of the songs... and Offspring songs are wanted short and fast! :cool:

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
09-27-2005, 05:49 PM
This is suppose to be in General Offspring Discussion...