PDA

View Full Version : Too Late with Adam Corolla

Mota Boy
09-26-2005, 09:57 PM
Has anyone seen that? One of the more depressing things I've ever seen to watch a third-rate talk show host half-heartedly hold on as he goes down with the ship. I mean, anyone could've guessed what would happen, it's no surprise.

Adam's just not that funny a guy. He kinda works as a guest-host, providing something crude to counterbalance Dr. Drew's uptight psuedo-sophistication or just as someone on "The Man Show" that got the lines Jimmy Kimmel didn't want to say himself. But as himself? Uncreative, no charisma... just an awful host. Within a week or two the skits have been severely reduced, and if the live audience is gone. It's been moved back an hour and it's limping along as a fucking call-in show (ask a b-list a celebrity a lame question!). Tonight it hit rock bottom in its funniest show ever.

I was walking down the hall of my apartment when I heard my roommate laughing his ass off. He burst out of his door and said "You have to see this - Steve-O is drunk off of his ass on Adam Corolla's show." Apparently, Steve-O started off the show by attempting to hump Adam, then attempted to throw Adam's chair (with Adam in it) off the stage. Next, Adam attempted to go to the phone. Steve-O responded by smashing in the coffee table on which the phone was resting. Fucking great TV.

They went to a commercial soon afterwards, with Steve-O last seen laying back in a chair and babbling incoherently. When they returned, Adam attempted Steve-O's stunt (pull a tablecloth out from under a full meal and then backflipping onto the table) and, after about five-minutes of filler, yanked over the table, struck a pose and cut to another commercial.

Upon return, Adam showed a clip of him interviewing a crazy person on the street who ended up cutting the interview short by pulling out a knife. Adam then turned to the camera and announced that that skit was probably his worst idea ever. Cutting back to the show, Adam corrected himself - he'd already reached a new low. He took one call, recounted a high school experience where his friend shoved a hose up his ass and blasted water at the drive-thru window of a Jack-in-the-Box, then ended the show.

It comes on again in half an hour and we're recording it.

Drummerguy123
09-26-2005, 10:00 PM
I didn't bother to read all of that because I am lazy, but I don't like Adam Corolla or Carlos Mencia. George Lopez and Lewis Black are the best.

Drummerguy123
09-26-2005, 10:00 PM
I didn't bother to read all of that because I am lazy, but I don't like Adam Corolla or Carlos Mencia. George Lopez and Lewis Black are the best.

JohnnyNemesis
09-26-2005, 10:03 PM
I missed all of that because I've always felt that Adam Corolla is one of the more worthless television personalities of our time. Thanks for confirming!

barangatang
09-26-2005, 10:04 PM
I think that he is an excellent co-host on Loveline, and was o.k. on the man show, but this? Fucking disgusting. But I must say that I thought it would be worse.

Mota Boy
09-26-2005, 10:09 PM
Rick - turn to Comedy Central in twenty minutes to catch this trainwreck. It's fucking great television.

And I've only caught the ten minutes or so of the show I've seen previously because it used to come on after The Daily Show.

The Darkside Has Cookies
09-26-2005, 10:24 PM
To me Adam has always seemed like a jackass. Ive only laughed at a few of his jokes and he can't golf worth shit. He was on Carson Daly once golfing with Carson and he never got any laughs.

wheelchairman
09-26-2005, 10:31 PM
I used to listen to loveline back when I was like 13.

And then I came back to the states, and I realized, "jeez that guy has stupid opinions."

Mota Boy
09-26-2005, 11:00 PM
God, I just saw the bit with Steve-O again, fucking priceless. (I skipped over the first half of the show) First, between spitting and screaming "bitch", Steve-O tells Adam how much he loves him. Then he tells Adam he's gonna strangle him into unconsciousness and tries to flip his chair. I admit that I give Adam a shitload of credit for how he handled it.

Then I caught the homeless clip again. It features the hobo spouting the phrase "My name is Wayne Gerald Philosopher Eunaesis Weddington... wanna see what else I got to prove I'm Wolverine?"

The Darkside Has Cookies
09-26-2005, 11:30 PM

Why was this posted twice? You Mexicans are weird kids. I say I say.

wheelchairman
09-27-2005, 03:27 AM
Adam Corolla is

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/wheelchairman/pwn3d.jpg

Tizzalicious
09-27-2005, 04:14 AM
You play monopoly with non-1337? :(

wheelchairman
09-27-2005, 04:32 AM
I skipped Spanish again...

Tizzalicious
09-27-2005, 04:44 AM
To play monopoly?

Addict.

sKratch
09-27-2005, 04:50 AM
Lewis Black and Stephen Lynch will be in the West Gym on Sunday, October
23rd. Tickets will be going on sale this Wednesday (9/28) at 10am in the
box office in the Old Union. The box office will be open from 10am to 5pm
during the week. Student tickets will be on sale for $15 this coming
Wedensday, Thursday, and Friday or until the first 2000 are sold. After
that, all tickets will be $25. Public tickets will be $25. You will be
allowed to buy one ticket per BU id (and yes, you can bring several BU
id's).

Enjoy the show,

Patrick Craig
Vice President for University Programming

JohnnyNemesis
09-27-2005, 07:26 AM
Adam Corolla is

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/wheelchairman/pwn3d.jpg

HAHAHAHA! That shit is fucking priceless, especially your gloating.

Oh, and the fact that there are BBS users who are also Games.com addicts, and I had no idea, makes me teh sadz. Azzholez!!!

Tizzalicious
09-27-2005, 07:28 AM
HAHAHAHA! That shit is fucking priceless, especially your gloating.

Oh, and the fact that there are BBS users who are also Games.com addicts, and I had no idea, makes me teh sadz. Azzholez!!!

Oooooh, you play too? Play with us sometime? I suck at monopoly though. Per pwns me all the time. It's no fun.

Scrabble is better. I have an excuse when I lose then.

JohnnyNemesis
09-27-2005, 07:31 AM
I never play Monopoly on there, but I'm a legend in offline Monopoly. I only play Scrabble there. I'm awesome, etc.

I used to play Upwords there all the time, but those pieces of shit removed it. I even had a red ranking in that game!

...AZZHOLEZ!

Anyway, let's all play Scrabble sometime.

Tizzalicious
09-27-2005, 07:33 AM
Aaah cool. Scrabble. I like scrabble better anyway. I'm much better at offline monopoly. I'm a scrabble addict.

We should play scrabble yes.

Vera
09-27-2005, 07:45 AM
See, I really can't do that. From your post, I got that what made it so entertaining to you was the sheer horrible quality of the programme compared to ...every single other talk show on TV. While I can watch people embarrass themselves on Idols and have a laugh, I can't watch a show where people who're SUPPOSED to know what they're doing really can't do it well at all, and then laugh at that. I just can't.

Oh, and the Man Show was something I never got huge laughs out of. I remember one episode where they turned into "the Woman Show" and that was funny as hell, at least 70% of it was, but otherwise. Meh.

wheelchairman
09-27-2005, 07:51 AM
the gloating would be better if it was uncensored. :( hahah,

and yes Scrabble on games.com is good. And I usually pwn tizz at that too. Damn English-as-a-2nd-language people and their inferiority.

Monopoly rocks though. I miss that game so much, it was the best as a child.

Tizzalicious
09-27-2005, 07:52 AM
I'm not inferior!

I always used to beat Lee! Okay...that's not worth bragging about. Ignore that comment.

wheelchairman
09-27-2005, 07:58 AM
Exactly.

Although you almost beat me that one time you refreshed.

Tizzalicious
09-27-2005, 08:01 AM
Yeah. And I did some other time too when your net died. (Coincidence?)

wheelchairman
09-27-2005, 08:36 AM
I only believe in coincidence.