PDA

View Full Version : Not everyone likes The Offspring, GET OVER IT

peko
09-27-2005, 04:06 PM
Okay, I've been seeing a lot of insults and violence being directed towards people that don't like The Offspring. Like Original prankstA's thread about how he kicked some kid's ass just because he bad mouthed The Offspring. Well okay then, Original prankstA's a fucking idiot anyway, so I really don't care what he does. But then I was surprised by how many people agreed with him and/or have done something similar.

Is there something wrong with having different tastes in music? Last time I checked, people are allowed to have opinions. Sorry to break it to you guys, but there are people out there that don't like The Offspring, and never will. Nothing wrong with that. We can't all like the same things. I'm sure many of you have made fun of people who liked certain bands, so you're no better than the people who make fun of you for liking The Offspring.

So stop all this non-Offspring fan bashing because it's getting really irritating.

offspringjon
09-27-2005, 04:16 PM
I partially agree with Original Prankster's actions because it is incredibly annoying to have ppl constantly slate your favourite band and then force their favourite band on you. But it shouldn't have to resort to violence. Just tell them to shut the fuck up and that you have a right to your view.

Original prankstA
09-27-2005, 04:24 PM
Okay, I've been seeing a lot of insults and violence being directed towards people that don't like The Offspring. Like Original prankstA's thread about how he kicked some kid's ass just because he bad mouthed The Offspring. Well okay then, Original prankstA's a fucking idiot anyway, so I really don't care what he does. But then I was surprised by how many people agreed with him and/or have done something similar.

Is there something wrong with having different tastes in music? Last time I checked, people are allowed to have opinions. Sorry to break it to you guys, but there are people out there that don't like The Offspring, and never will. Nothing wrong with that. We can't all like the same things. I'm sure many of you have made fun of people who liked certain bands, so you're no better than the people who make fun of you for liking The Offspring.

So stop all this non-Offspring fan bashing because it's getting really irritating.
ya dont have to be mean about it
irealize not everybody likes them but if you saw this kid you would either die or barf up a lung (seriously) i kicked his ass not only because he bad mouthed the offspring he is a poser smug bastard faggot so he dizerved sorry if that made you mad but i saw my chance and took it

Original prankstA
09-27-2005, 04:24 PM
I partially agree with Original Prankster's actions because it is incredibly annoying to have ppl constantly slate your favourite band and then force their favourite band on you. But it shouldn't have to resort to violence. Just tell them to shut the fuck up and that you have a right to your view.
thanks man

punker
09-27-2005, 04:52 PM
i agree with peko but also with Original Pranksta is okay to have differents tastes in music but if someone starts critizing my favorite band for a while i will kick his faggot ass
Well done man

Offspring7
09-27-2005, 04:54 PM
yeah umm...kicking someones ass over a dislike of theirs...even if it is your favorite band? thats a bit ridiculous. don't get me wrong...i love the offspring. but bashing non-fans just isn't right unless they have made a personal attack on you about your like of the band.

H1T_That
09-27-2005, 04:55 PM
i have best friends who dont like the offspring, they dont bad mouth them, we jsut talk about other stuff, if some-one bad mouthed them, id forget they existed, if they persisted to bad mouth and be a general fuck-ass, id beat them down :D

peko
09-27-2005, 05:16 PM
irealize not everybody likes them but if you saw this kid you would either die or barf up a lung (seriously) i kicked his ass not only because he bad mouthed the offspring he is a poser smug bastard faggot so he dizerved sorry if that made you mad but i saw my chance and took it

Wow, I was expecting a more insulting post towards me from you. I am really surprised considering your reactions when people make a negative remark against you.

But anyway, I'm not saying you guys should put up with shit from people who constantly slam on The Offspring, because I would get pretty pissed about that too. I mainly directing it towards the ones who overreact when someone so much as says they don't like Dexter's sunglasses or something.

Original prankstA
09-27-2005, 05:20 PM
well i dont want to have a bad reputation but usually id call you lolly gagin corprol cock bag

pretty_fly_white_guy858
09-27-2005, 05:22 PM
Come up with better insults. Jesus.

Original prankstA
09-27-2005, 05:23 PM
yeah i wouldnt get mad if someone said his sunglasses were gay id be like wow your a foggot for bringing a dumb topic like that up and i wasnt calling you a cock bag just an example

pretty_fly_white_guy858
09-27-2005, 05:25 PM
No shit you dumbass. All your comebacks are gay as hell though. Friendly advice, get some off the internet

Original prankstA
09-27-2005, 05:26 PM
sorry geez!

do you have a suggestion

offspring_freak_3
09-27-2005, 05:30 PM
i agree with peko but also with Original Pranksta is okay to have differents tastes in music but if someone starts critizing my favorite band for a while i will kick his faggot ass
Well done man
i agree .

Original prankstA
09-27-2005, 05:32 PM
how bout i dont insult people?

jrk247
09-27-2005, 05:53 PM
but if someone starts critizing my favorite band for a while i will kick his faggot ass

Dude Not to change the subject, but Why The HELL would you kick a Faggot in the ASS? I mean they ARE GAY!

original_prankster
09-27-2005, 06:01 PM
omg tihs 1 tym sum1 sed dat 1 of da giz in offspring wuz SHORT so I said OMG U SUK n i got out my bb gun n shot 'im in teh eye!!!!!111!!

Peko is totally right. Beating someone up over a difference of opinion is just STUPID.

ChaoX
09-27-2005, 07:18 PM
when some1 talks bad about offspring in front of me.. i just laugh in their faces...and believe me ... thats enough

peko
09-27-2005, 11:40 PM
how bout i dont insult people?

That'd be nice. :)

JohnnyNemesis
09-27-2005, 11:40 PM
Exactly, peko. Thank you very much for starting this thread because it needed to be said.

Says the idiot who kicked someone's ass over something completely meaningless.

Dude Not to change the subject, but Why The HELL would you kick a Faggot in the ASS? I mean they ARE GAY!
Gay like your father, right? You fucking insignificant scumbag piece of shit. Die already.

WebDudette
09-27-2005, 11:46 PM

So if you bash someones favorite badn you would expect them to kick your ass to.

jrk247
09-28-2005, 01:25 AM
Gay like your father, right? You fucking insignificant scumbag piece of shit. Die already.
Just don't fucking talk to me! You fucking bitch!

Btw, I don't really know my father. My parents got divoursed when I was 3.

p.s. FUCK YOU ASSHOLE!

lenar
09-28-2005, 01:27 AM
"poser...faggot" has to eb the most ignorant thing I have seen on this board so far. Poser is a word only whiney, bastard high school kids use. You cna't know if someone is a "poser" or not". MAybe he is just trying t find himself. as for"faggot" try using something less offensive. OH and using and "gay" type word as in insult is whole other thing in itself. There is nothing wrong with being gay.

Not liking a band and all those other reasons are not exscuses for getting violent. I am sure the band would not want to be a reason for people beating other people up.
There is enough hate in this world already. Why worry about such small thinfs
You only live once. So live your life, and leave everyone else alone to live theirs.

lenar
09-28-2005, 01:28 AM
I realize I made so TYPING errors there..but I think ...that does not matter...hah

platinumpt
09-28-2005, 06:02 AM
If you kick someone else's ass because of The Offspring, things will only become worse you idiots, because they'll hate the band even more. And again I say, it's ridiculous the use of violence in a discussion of "my favorite band is better than yours". Peko, you have my vote.

Sinister
09-28-2005, 06:29 AM
people here are CONSTANTLY laughing at me for liking Offspring, so I think I have the right to fight back in whatever way I want.

Autonomist
09-28-2005, 06:33 AM
I said it first.

crazy_offspring_gal
09-28-2005, 06:35 AM
I Just think that the offspring forums.. JUST should be for the offspring fans.. you know.

I mean.. whats the point in joing a bord, when u dont even like that band?! :confused:

If You want to go talk to people... GO TO A DATING SERVICE!

platinumpt
09-28-2005, 07:32 AM
people here are CONSTANTLY laughing at me for liking Offspring, so I think I have the right to fight back in whatever way I want.
I understand you, it happened the same with me. But do you want to know why it happened with me? Because I was constantly talking about The Offspring, and how they were great and all that! Eventually they got tired of my repetitive talking, and started dissing me for liking The Offspring. Now, I don't do that anymore. I AVOID listening to The Offspring when I'm with friends, or work colleagues! And I hadn't had any problems ever since.

platinumpt
09-28-2005, 07:33 AM
I said it first.
I know, I was gonna quote you in my post, but I forgot!

Trippy
09-28-2005, 08:02 AM
i have only friends who likes the offspring, if they dont, i dump them right away. if i date a girl, my first question is, do you like the offspring.

~*hit_that*~
09-28-2005, 08:34 AM
sorry geez!

do you have a suggestion

I do :D

shut the fuck up?

Trippy
09-28-2005, 08:34 AM
you can't swear on this board? ill report your post.

~*hit_that*~
09-28-2005, 08:38 AM
If you kick someone else's ass because of The Offspring, things will only become worse you idiots, because they'll hate the band even more. And again I say, it's ridiculous the use of violence in a discussion of "my favorite band is better than yours". Peko, you have my vote.

Ditto. Echoed my thoughts there Rui. I think it's sad. If someone says "ooh I hate the offspring cos 50 Cent's better" then thats fine. Who cares if they don't like what you do? It's just one less person in the world to share the great music they create with, y'know? So stop with the non-fan bashing because it's just plain fucking stupid. Just think "inidividual diferences" and "personal preference". Yes, I agree that if someone was always going on about it and bashing a band, then it would get really fucking irritating, but at the end of the day, there's more important things in life.

~*hit_that*~
09-28-2005, 08:38 AM
you can't swear on this board? ill report your post.

Shut the fuck up =)

platinumpt
09-28-2005, 10:19 AM
Ditto. Echoed my thoughts there Rui. I think it's sad. If someone says "ooh I hate the offspring cos 50 Cent's better" then thats fine. Who cares if they don't like what you do? It's just one less person in the world to share the great music they create with, y'know? So stop with the non-fan bashing because it's just plain fucking stupid. Just think "inidividual diferences" and "personal preference". Yes, I agree that if someone was always going on about it and bashing a band, then it would get really fucking irritating, but at the end of the day, there's more important things in life.
u rule hun

LUVZ YA!!! <3

~*hit_that*~
09-28-2005, 12:55 PM
u rule hun

LUVZ YA!!! <3

aaaaaaaaaaaw *squee*

Love you too hun <3<3<3 =) Lets the world know we love each other, does this! lol!!!

It almost makes me want to dedicate a whole thread to you.....but I wont cos I don't think many people'd like it :p LOL

-- love ya Rui --

Kerr
09-28-2005, 12:59 PM

*claps hard*

And I have had complaints from people because I said even negative things about The Offspring (well, only mutant-face anyway). It's just pathetic.

As for the twat who kicked this kid's ass - kids are annoying, and if a kid was bad mouthing me in anyway, persistantly (if not, I'd just do the common sense thing of ignoring the little fuck), I'd slap/smack him just to shut the bastard up. But you did it because he bad-mouthed the Offspring. I hope you get the shit kicked out of you. Fucker.

Kerr
09-28-2005, 01:00 PM
Haha, "Rui and Leela sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G" lolz :p

Nirushika6789
09-28-2005, 01:01 PM
i think beating someone up over them disliking the band is going way TOO far....it is really annoying when someone slags them but the best thing to do is just say 'fuck off' or something....and if they persist then just ignore them...but yea people are allowed to have opinion but when they start saying stuff just to annoy you then its time u do something to annoy them.....and i dont mean beatign them up

Original prankstA
09-28-2005, 02:00 PM
sweet jesus im sorry god i want do it again but if it is a life or offspring situation im gonna do what i gotta do

~*hit_that*~
09-28-2005, 02:03 PM
Haha, "Rui and Leela sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G" lolz :p

hahahaha, thanks James :p

agreth
09-29-2005, 06:30 AM
yeah it's true. not everyone has to like the offspring.

I don't always feel like listening to them. It's good to have variety anyway... I'm getting sense that variety doesn't exist on this site. no worries.

SkyRocker
09-29-2005, 06:42 AM
Of course not everyone likes the offspring, and i'm happy to get over it. I don't understand whinners. I'm a fan and since the band don't care about being loved, i don't care too. It makes them closer to you ( especially in France ). One of my best mates is a fan too and we don't give a flying fuck to be mocked, but we're not so everybody around us listen to Offspring and shut up.

Oh, i wanna say too : Rui I love Yahhh!!!1111!one!

~*hit_that*~
09-29-2005, 08:41 AM
Of course not everyone likes the offspring, and i'm happy to get over it. I don't understand whinners. I'm a fan and since the band don't care about being loved, i don't care too. It makes them closer to you ( especially in France ). One of my best mates is a fan too and we don't give a flying fuck to be mocked, but we're not so everybody around us listen to Offspring and shut up.

Oh, i wanna say too : Rui I love Yahhh!!!1111!one!

hahahahaha, mocking me much?? :p

Anyways...I love my Rui =)

platinumpt
09-29-2005, 09:14 AM
Ohhhh! Now what am I going to do... can I pick both... ? Flo? Leela?

JohnnyNemesis
09-29-2005, 09:16 AM
Btw, I don't really know my father. My parents got divoursed when I was 3.

Yeah, because your father couldn't stop fucking other men, huh? You fucking jackass. Die die die die die die die die die die die.

IdleOffspring
09-29-2005, 12:11 PM
I am a huge offspring fan, I love all there cds, songs, dvds etc. I have just nothing bad to say about them

But I don't mind if somebody don't like them, everybody has his own taste and thats fine. But I don't like it how people say it on this board. I don't like people who make threads just to say how offspring suck or the last albums suck or they are not punk or whatever. I don't go to boards of bands that I first liked, but think the last cd is crap just to post a topic about it, I just don't go to the board.

Anyway, I don't care if people don't like the offspring or a cd or song or whatever, But I don't like how some people say it so loud.

for example, somebody makes a topic about he don't like splinter, that's ok, just discuss on that topic, but then you get 100 topics labout how they are not punk anymore and splinter sucks. I mean get over it. btw, I love splinter.

Anyway thats just my opinion, The Offspring is the best band in the world!!!!

sgwt_greg
09-29-2005, 12:37 PM
i guess its a good point that not everyone likes the offspring. I do, my brother doesnt...Its life. I hate rap music, but blacks and wiggers dont come and kick my ass...not just becasue they can't, but because they prolly understand that they like their shit and we like ours.

~*hit_that*~
09-29-2005, 02:15 PM
Ohhhh! Now what am I going to do... can I pick both... ? Flo? Leela?

Pick me! Pick me!!!

<3<3<3

pretty fly 88
09-29-2005, 02:56 PM
Yep, not everybody likes the Offspring. There is no band that everybody likes.
There are lots of different opinions. Everybody I know thinks Offspring is awesome live, but not everyobdy likes hearing them on the radio or buying their CDs.

platinumpt
09-29-2005, 03:04 PM
Pick me! Pick me!!!

<3<3<3
*picks ~*hit_that*~ and gives her a very special kiss*

... back on topic: no worth fighting for The Offspring. Fight for love, that's so much romanthic and poethic. yay. :rolleyes:

~*hit_that*~
09-29-2005, 03:11 PM

... back on topic: no worth fighting for The Offspring. Fight for love, that's so much romanthic and poethic. yay. :rolleyes:

yayz!!! *kisses Rui* MWAH! <3<3<3

Kerr
09-29-2005, 03:37 PM
for example, somebody makes a topic about he don't like splinter, that's ok, just discuss on that topic, but then you get 100 topics labout how they are not punk anymore and splinter sucks. I mean get over it. btw, I love splinter.

Splinter is more punk and CO1. CO1 is a pop CD, pretty much. I quite like Splinter actually, too.

scream
09-29-2005, 06:12 PM

who cares if he kickT some kid's ass. this is the internet-- shit happens.

Original prankstA
09-29-2005, 07:51 PM
haha thanks man

lenar
09-29-2005, 11:12 PM
Maybe this is just the internet, but (if) he really kicked someone's ass, that is real life. It is pretty lame to beat people up just because they have a different opnion.

SkyRocker
09-30-2005, 02:44 AM

Ewww, i was going to turn gay, thanks Rui !
And what's that french style comment ?
Seriously, that's dumb to fight for the Offspring, that's so simple to get over those kind of things, especially music.

TheUnholyNightbringer
09-30-2005, 03:02 AM

*Applauds wildly, throws flowers and proposes*

platinumpt
09-30-2005, 03:23 AM
Ewww, i was going to turn gay, thanks Rui !
And what's that french style comment ?
Seriously, that's dumb to fight for the Offspring, that's so simple to get over those kind of things, especially music.
Sorry man, but Leela just got in the way hahaha :D (jk)

the_offsprings_monkey
09-30-2005, 05:22 AM
Man i've loved the offspring eva since their......sweet? fuking music went into my ear as a a lil kid

~*hit_that*~
09-30-2005, 05:27 AM
Sorry man, but Leela just got in the way hahaha :D (jk)

heh! Thanks Rui <3