PDA

View Full Version : Dexter On Song Poll

Skate Rat 19
09-27-2005, 05:26 PM
Will that ever be updated, Lightning Rod has had the lead for how long now? Is it really that hard writting what, a page worth of explination? They said when they choose they'll take one selection off the list. And its still up. With 25% of the vote.

Original prankstA
09-27-2005, 05:28 PM
who ever started that must not realize that they gotta update it

platinumpt
09-28-2005, 06:06 AM
dexter's a very occupied person. he's going to tour japan!

Sinister
09-28-2005, 06:26 AM
dexter's a very occupied person. he's going to tour japan!

that doesnt mean he can't grab a laptop sometime in the day and write about Lightning Rod !!

platinumpt
09-28-2005, 07:33 AM
Yeah, that's what I think too!!! (I forgot to add "sarcastic" on my previous post :D)

uvutuy
09-28-2005, 09:50 AM
a guy at mi scool (11) said that the offspring r crap and dex is gay, how offensive is that to the band and dex

el cheelo
09-29-2005, 02:14 AM
dude, i think most ppl would want the band writing new songs and planning tours other than writing a short summary of a song

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
09-29-2005, 03:56 AM
I want Americana to win...since about 1 minute ago.. i'm listening to it now, and what would have encouraged Dexter to write a song like this? something to do with independance i soppose?

SkyRocker
09-29-2005, 06:20 AM
Is that really difficult on each album to write some words on each songs ?
I mean, instead of this poll, we could have the whole Offspring carreer explanation already...

pretty fly 88
09-29-2005, 03:02 PM
That poll's a disappointment to me. I really want Pretty Fly to win, and it's not going to. That just baffles me. I mean, I know that people have different opinions, but still, it just baffles me that way more people want to know about the mediocre song Lightning Rod than want to know about how Dexter got those other people to do those vocals in Pretty Fly. So I don't really care if it gets updated.

platinumpt
09-29-2005, 03:07 PM
lightning rod isn't mediocre :rolleyes:

I'd never choose pretty fly, anyway. That's a pretty much obvious song man! And the purpose of the poll is to explain the song MEANING, not about the people doing the "give it to me babyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" vocals on the background.

I chose Crossroads, which is unfortunately not gonna win, and it's sad, because it's a very old song, and it'd be cool if we knew what dexter has to say about that song!

Trippy
09-29-2005, 03:27 PM
dexter is the laziest bastard ever living.

they always seems to disappoint me with too shorts albums, too short shows and the lack of any upated. now he's on radio this week and he talks absolutely nothing. the offspring always goes the shortest possible way, i dont like it.

darko
09-29-2005, 03:30 PM
dexter is the laziest bastard ever living.

Hes not lazy....how did Noodles put it in the making off....oh yeah "Dexter just tries to pack way to much into one day"

Trippy
09-29-2005, 03:32 PM
Hes not lazy....how did Noodles put it in the making off....oh yeah "Dexter just tries to pack way to much into one day"

he has time if he wanted to, he could write it in the bathroom while having a great shit.

darko
09-29-2005, 03:34 PM
so when would he read the paper?

Trippy
09-29-2005, 03:35 PM
he could carry on his laptop while he's eating, and before sleeping he could take 30min off for writing the friggin' story, but no. it's so easy to organize such a time, it's been now half a month and not any story of the song.

darko
09-29-2005, 03:50 PM
half a month? AYE and the rest!

platinumpt
09-29-2005, 05:05 PM
so when would he read the paper?
hahahah

Trippy you're a whining bastard, but you're right in a few things. Offspring shows could be a little longer, I wouldn't mind that. And they should play different setlists in the shows, but they always stick to the same shit. Pearl Jam, for instance, changes the setlists a LOT between each show. That's awesome.

offspring_freak_3
09-29-2005, 05:49 PM
lightning rod isn't mediocre :rolleyes:

I'd never choose pretty fly, anyway. That's a pretty much obvious song man! And the purpose of the poll is to explain the song MEANING, not about the people doing the "give it to me babyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" vocals on the background.

I chose Crossroads, which is unfortunately not gonna win, and it's sad, because it's a very old song, and it'd be cool if we knew what dexter has to say about that song!
i agree with you, Crossroads is a great music. i would like to know which is the "meaning"

scream
09-29-2005, 06:14 PM
That poll's a disappointment to me. I really want Pretty Fly to win, and it's not going to. That just baffles me. I mean, I know that people have different opinions, but still, it just baffles me that way more people want to know about the mediocre song Lightning Rod than want to know about how Dexter got those other people to do those vocals in Pretty Fly. So I don't really care if it gets updated.

dexter talks about pretty fly on the DVD side of greatest hits so theres no need for him to waste an "on the song" on pretty fly. as for dexter not updating yet, can you blame him? he's on tour with the rest of the offspring right now so he's probably pretty fucking tired everyday.

Skate Rat 19
09-29-2005, 08:27 PM
I want Americana to win...since about 1 minute ago.. i'm listening to it now, and what would have encouraged Dexter to write a song like this? something to do with independance i soppose?

He thinks like me in that song, its just about how pathetic the people of this country are. And hes being sarcastic about how he has a bad vision of this country where everyone is ignorent, fat, stupid, and lazy and what not, when thats how it is today in real life. You know, people will go to anti war protests arguing that were only there for more oil, when the drive there in their gas hogging minivans and SUVs in the first place. Just the complete stupidity of this country is almost unimaginable. People complain that they are victims of drunk drivers and yet they purchase alchohol with drivers licenses! Or(not to offend anyone) many African Americans walk around like thugs and hoes and then wonder why people view them as ignorent and obnoxious. They also think they are supporting their culture by doing that when really they only make it harder on all the acceptable african americans who are trying to make it in life. I feel bad for all the people who fought and went through absolute hell, risked it all, and just did so many great things to make this country the best and people today dont even care and put all those noble efforts to waste. Sad really......