PDA

View Full Version : First album

chemical_junkie
09-27-2005, 08:14 PM
Why do they never play anything off self titled??
I've seen these guys like 5 times now and they never play the old stuff!! Its not like its a crap album or something, so why do they never play it live! I'd kill to hear Tehran or something!

Flen
09-28-2005, 07:51 AM
My guess is we will never know for sure, but maybe it is because much of the fans are into The Offspring, because of their late albums, and I think Offspring want to give everybody a good time at their shows, so they play the songs that are the most familiar.

offspring fan
09-28-2005, 07:52 AM
il like to hear blacball :D

Evka.pl
09-28-2005, 08:38 AM
yeah they could play sth from their old album however they're promoting GH now and there's no song from 'self-titled' on GH. that's why they're not playing anything from 'offspring' album.

Tijs
09-28-2005, 10:34 AM
yeah they could play sth from their old album however they're promoting GH now and there's no song from 'self-titled' on GH. that's why they're not playing anything from 'offspring' album.
True, but they're playing lots of songs which aren't on GH either. And they play usually play a setlist between 60 and 75 minutes, why don't they throw in a few old songs, like two, takes about 5 minutes from the show.

Dexter Powerhead
09-29-2005, 07:45 AM
Why do they never play anything off self titled??
I've seen these guys like 5 times now and they never play the old stuff!! Its not like its a crap album or something, so why do they never play it live! I'd kill to hear Tehran or something!

in the oviedo show last 21 sept. they were playing tehran

Dexter Powerhead
09-29-2005, 07:47 AM
but in the backstage.......not in the show with dexter singing......i thought that would play it that night but only was a practice to establish the instruments

killer_queen
09-29-2005, 10:11 AM
I think Columbia doesn't let them.

sgwt_greg
09-29-2005, 12:50 PM
I wanna say it's because most of the stuff from Self Titled were songs theyt made as Manic Subcidal. But i guess my guess is good as anyones.

belen1979
09-29-2005, 01:46 PM

i didn't hear that!!! oh, god, I lost a lot of things!!! (like noodles playing guitar while it was in the nape of his neck!!! I hate myself...)
you lucky, getting first row

sgwt_greg
09-29-2005, 09:33 PM

Although they remade it as Baghdad, they may have still performed it for the Rock Against Bush album

lenar
09-30-2005, 12:05 AM
well at warped in VAncouver,,BC I yellout out for them to play beheaded..and I THINK Dexter said "you want to hear beheaded? you want to hear some old school?"
he could have said beheaded but eh could have siad something else too....haha..I do know he said that sentence to some extenet thoguh...with some song....I am done now
haha

They were still amazing though...so oh well!

RobinoZombie
09-30-2005, 01:06 AM
they played tehran at Cbgbs didnt they, dont know if theyve played anyother ST song

dextermyideal
09-30-2005, 10:19 AM
I think Columbia doesn't let them.
ya but but Columbia has reedited their first album... so there's no problem.

Zee
09-30-2005, 03:00 PM
And they play usually play a setlist between 60 and 75 minutes, why don't they throw in a few old songs, like two, takes about 5 minutes from the show.

I agree, it's crazy that they can't play even only one older song. Wouldn't take time off, would make fans happier, it would be a win-win situation for everyone. But I guess Greg doesn't want to. Noodles was only joking once that Greg decides the setlist.

lenar
09-30-2005, 11:25 PM

did they?
so how can you know if you ahve the edited one or not edited?

Cejus
10-01-2005, 02:36 AM
Columbia hasn't reedited their first album. It was Dexter's label, 'Nitro-Records', who reedited it.

RobinoZombie
10-01-2005, 03:30 AM
maybe columbia has something too do with the fact that they took off kill the president after 911??

princess
10-02-2005, 02:45 AM
i first saw the offspring on the co1 tour and even than, so close to americana and with a lot of new fans in the crowd there was still a lot of shouts for beheaded. it seems they wanna put on a great show and please everybody but their older fans. if the record company was responsible and were that against the older stuff why re release it at all, why not just pull it off the shelves? it's easily done, you actually can't get self titled over here anymore new unless it's imported which is why it's so expensive (it's like 16, 17 now)

kinda gone off on one there but in closing, i don't see why they can't throw in a couple of oldies to their shows.

RobinoZombie
10-02-2005, 03:36 AM
neither do it. as everyone said, to play 2-3 oldies takes about 8minutes. maybe 9. its so dissapointing that they doesnt understand that they ARENT THAT POPULAR ANYMORE, they dont sell as much records, so they should know that its alot of us TRUE fans out there in the crowds, and why would the warped tour get all the good stuff? all those ppls arent there too see them...we pay around 40Euros just too go and se them...

Mentally_Challenged
10-02-2005, 03:39 AM
I got my S/T off of Amazon for like...10 or something. They still sell it in HMV as well =/

princess
10-02-2005, 03:47 AM
they do sell it in hmv but last time i saw it on the shelf it had an import sticker on it and was expensive. on the website it's 12.99 in the sale. the other albums are lessthan that normal price. apart from americana and splinter... not sure why they're so expensive.