PDA

View Full Version : Why you like The Offspring?

offsence
11-24-2004, 09:33 AM
I' like The Offspring very very very much. I live in thailand

Can u tell me why you like The Offspring?

Lithuanian Offspring
11-24-2004, 09:36 AM
Because I connect with the music. It almost feels like the Offspring wrote the music for me. :D

Satankaban
11-24-2004, 11:07 AM
Because I connect with the music. It almost feels like the Offspring wrote the music for me. :D

Sometimes I have the same feeling, that the lyrics are about me. :) But I like them, because they are great musicians in my opinion. Ron was my favourite member. He is my favourite drummer together with Lars Ulrich from Metallica. Ron is really great drummer!!! And if the band have great drummer, the band is usually great, too. And I like punk especially skate punk, so it´s because why I like them.

LuH
11-24-2004, 11:16 AM
Why I like them? Because they are awesome!!!!!! And their music is just great also... Everytime I hear any Offspring song I feel something in me that makes me wanna jump and yeall (scream, I don't remember how to spell it ^_^')

Ele
11-24-2004, 11:20 AM
Why? Because every their song I listen to is great!! I like their music, Dexter and Noodles voice, and I like Dexter :D :D :D

smileemptysoul44
11-24-2004, 11:33 AM
they can play any kind of type of music and they will still sound great.

Moose
11-24-2004, 11:35 AM
they were my first band, and im really into lyrics, so growing up from 11 i was connecting with the lyrics and they related to me, still do. plus the music generally is raw power with smarts. so it can get you pumped or just let you listen to it and connect with the words...or be an 11 year old kid jumping on his bed everytime he heard all i want and wanted his dad to listen to the song to show him how this kid of his felt...ya.

RonWelty
11-24-2004, 11:40 AM
right ... some times i ear GONE AWAY , amazed , cool to hate , dirty magic , end of the line , cgmhay and i think WOW - they wrote this for me ...they made something for this moment ,,,yeah ..right ...i love the offspring .. even more of what i should BUT i like it !

GBH2
11-24-2004, 12:15 PM
it almost seems like the band was created for my listening pleasure

chloeuccia
11-24-2004, 12:57 PM
because they are fantastic!!!!!!!!they are the best in the wordl!!!!

p.s.sorry but i don' t know english very well because I'm italian and I must understand a lot of esperience!!!!!

Anya82
11-24-2004, 01:04 PM
because when i listen to their songs, i just feel a lot of energy and adrenaline inside of me.. that rocks

and also because they have smart and cool lyrics. I like the way Dexter writes down how the band sees the world.
They're not just a whole bunch of punkies writting no-sense words just because it sounds "cool", you know?

I even analize what they're sayin'...

livecby
11-24-2004, 01:11 PM
i agree. and they're one of the few bands that really put some thought into their lyrics. sometimes i can relate to a lot of the songs. some bands lyrics dont make any sense. you're listening and you're like what the heck does that mean? example: RHCP's lyrics are like that and some of green days too. they're just words and phrases put together.

BuddyHolly
11-24-2004, 01:17 PM
first of all because they got me into punkrock (or rock in general). And they have written songs wich fits with every mood. When I'm happy I listen to songs like What Happened To You, when I'm pissed there are songs like Da Hui and when I'm sad there are songs like Gone Away (for example). And they just write great songs.

Anya82
11-24-2004, 01:18 PM
what i also like about the lyrics, is that they're not talking that "I'm so lonely and nobody likes me" thing... They talk about the real thing in the world, society, politics,what young people go through, and even the natural enviroment like it's mentioned in "Not the one"

Anya82
11-24-2004, 01:20 PM
And they have written songs wich fits with every mood. When I'm happy I listen to songs like What Happened To You, when I'm pissed there are songs like Da Hui and when I'm sad there are songs like Gone Away (for example). And they just write great songs.

... and after i get drunk... i listen to "the worst hangover ever" hahahahaha :D :D

Floyd the Barber
11-24-2004, 02:55 PM
I just love how energetic and kick-ass there music is. Stuff like Smash, The Noose, Kick Him When He's Down, Elders, Nothing From Something, Mota, Damnit I Changed Again (and many others)...these kinds of songs just put me in a great mood. I love the adrenaline, I love the passion, I love Dexter's vocals and Noodles' kick-ass guitar and Ron/Aton's excellent drumming. And Greg's a great bassist as well. Quite simply, they just rock. It's even better that they still thrive in a day and age when most popular rock bands have no balls whatsoever (Hoobastank, Yellowcard, Linkin Park, etc.) or are complete rip-off artists (Jet, anyone?).

the_GoDdEsS
11-24-2004, 03:03 PM
I used to relate to the lyrics too when I was younger. There was something about the music which always made me relax or just forget the problems I had to face back then. It was fun, full of energy and always there for me. I don't listen to the band any more. Very rarely. But I still think the music has been some good influence.

Enjoy it while you can.

livecby
11-24-2004, 03:16 PM
so, if i may ask, how come you don't listen to them very often or anymore? did you grow out of them or just have a change of interest?

pie.
11-24-2004, 03:18 PM
umm...cuz they rock hard.

acgc2002
11-24-2004, 03:30 PM
because when i listen to their songs, i just feel a lot of energy and adrenaline inside of me.. that rocks

and also because they have smart and cool lyrics. I like the way Dexter writes down how the band sees the world.
They're not just a whole bunch of punkies writting no-sense words just because it sounds "cool", you know?

I even analize what they're sayin'...

that is it people... someone expressed just the way i feel. Besides that, Dexter´s voice... what is that, huh? I get hypnotized just by listening to his voice...
hihihi... the band kicks ass.
:D

Jakebert
11-24-2004, 04:02 PM
Because they're aggressive and catchy at the same time, which I love. Also, they have a very unique style that I enjoy.

scream
11-24-2004, 04:06 PM
because i love them. their lyrics, their music, their style. i love all of it.

Titus
11-25-2004, 03:11 AM
Offspring is all for me
this is why i love

MirandaV
11-25-2004, 04:56 AM
because i love them. their lyrics, their music, their style. i love all of it.

Couldnt have said it better.

Impure
11-25-2004, 06:17 AM
I love them 'cause they are very great musicians! someone says that's very easy playing punk.
Well, i'd like to know if these people are able to do the same that Offspring do..
Offspring are the only punk band i know that makes songs with a soul.
Theyr songs are not just four chords and a speedy rythm.
You can feel a lot of ways listening to their songs: You can feel anger, paranoid,desperations,hope...it all just run trough my veins and burns in my mind.
Beautiful musics, wonder lyrics...what else do they need?

Offspring for ever!!Keep on playing long!!

Venezuelan_Nightmare
11-25-2004, 06:32 AM
too late to writte this but i want to let you know my opinion too :rolleyes:
I like Them cuz they play really awesome their lyrics all the lyrics sounds familiar from somethings that happen in my life, just offspring it`s the best i like skate punk too when i`ll go to skateboarding im just put a cd offspring on my discman and have a nice day :D

IdleOffspring
11-25-2004, 06:35 AM
All songs are great
they are so cool
great cd's
good artwork
cool video's
fun guys
great live
good actors :D (idle hands)
besides making music they do all cool things
cool dvd's
good lyrics

can go on forever,
just everything about them is great

yummy yummy punkrockgirl
11-26-2004, 02:01 PM
I used to relate to the lyrics too when I was younger. There was something about the music which always made me relax or just forget the problems I had to face back then. It was fun, full of energy and always there for me. I don't listen to the band any more. Very rarely. But I still think the music has been some good influence.

Enjoy it while you can.

same here. their music somehow made me relax. good melodies, clever (and amusing) lyrics, kickass guitar riffs, and that familiar waily whiny voice :p

GBH2
11-26-2004, 02:08 PM
same here. their music somehow made me relax. good melodies, clever (and amusing) lyrics, kickass guitar riffs, and that familiar waily whiny voice :p

waily whiny voice? we're talking about the offpring, not new found glory

bouncingcoles
11-26-2004, 10:02 PM
I' like The Offspring very very very much. I live in thailand

Can u tell me why you like The Offspring?

i like offspring because......the band members are cool, there style, there lyrics, there songs, there live show,

offspringueuse
11-27-2004, 12:10 AM
I like the dexter's songs, and the melody! and his voice! I like listening to him!!!! and they made me feel well!