PDA

View Full Version : ---Boulevard Of Broken Dreams---

MikeRamone
11-24-2004, 10:35 AM
Hey what do you guys think about this song ??
I think it may be Green Day´s best so far =)

Both the song itself and the video reminds of "gone away"

Only one thing I dont like is the ending, some strange tunes there :confused:

MR

MirandaV
11-24-2004, 10:38 AM
This should be in 'Other Bands'

Besides, Greenday sucks big time.

Idiot
11-24-2004, 10:38 AM
Good song, bit repetitive by the end though.

Perhaps this should have been posted in the 'Other Bands' section.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-24-2004, 10:40 AM
I adore it. Green Day's best ever, easily. Should be in different section, though.

MikeRamone
11-24-2004, 10:42 AM
oops...It seems I commited a crime...plz dont shoot me or sumthin lol

original_prankster
11-24-2004, 10:49 AM
It was a good song, but I still haven't seen the video.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-24-2004, 10:52 AM

LYNCH 'IM, LADS!!!

BuddyHolly
11-24-2004, 10:52 AM
it sucks! i don't like the albums Green Day made after Nimrod. I wanted to go to their concert in Amsterdam in January but after i found out that the first half of their setlist exists only out of songs from their last album i deceided to sell the tickets wich I already bought.

Tired_Of_You
11-24-2004, 01:11 PM
That song is really good, one of my favorite. I still didn't see the video, I guess it would help if I would watch TV sometimes.

Obie2trice
11-24-2004, 01:15 PM
It`s a great song, but I don`t like the video

babycraze{Angie}
11-24-2004, 01:54 PM
i seen the video, the video's got them in sum country place and u can tell that sum scenes were played out, it's kinda cheap, but i like the song, but i perfer Jesus Of Suburbia and Are We The Waiting. :D

Eccentric Sara
11-24-2004, 02:08 PM
Yeah,I love that song!I can realte to the lyrics,and love the tune! :D The video is quite good too.It is appropriate for the song. Plus,Billy Joe in eyeliner. Need I say more?!! ;) The only thing I don't like about the video is that when they are walking along the road,they walk too slowly-i.e.-not in time with the music, and it looks a bit stupid. I know they are meant to look all disheartened and pessimistic (like they are dragging their feet),but they could at least do it in time with the music!! Apart from that,it is good.

babycraze{Angie}
11-24-2004, 07:43 PM
Yeah,I love that song!I can realte to the lyrics,and love the tune! :D The video is quite good too.It is appropriate for the song. Plus,Billy Joe in eyeliner. Need I say more?!! ;) The only thing I don't like about the video is that when they are walking along the road,they walk too slowly-i.e.-not in time with the music, and it looks a bit stupid. I know they are meant to look all disheartened and pessimistic (like they are dragging their feet),but they could at least do it in time with the music!! Apart from that,it is good.

DON'T U TAKE ON MY MAN! nahhhhhhh, im just messing, but BJ IS FUCKIN' HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT i've had the biggest crush on him since......when was it?..........shit i dun't even remember. :cool:

bd007h
11-24-2004, 08:42 PM
I love the song, but I haven't seen the video yet, I guess I'll have to check that out. Oh, and by the way, the ending kicks ass.

bd007h
11-24-2004, 08:44 PM
I wanted to go to their concert in Amsterdam in January but after i found out that the first half of their setlist exists only out of songs from their last album i deceided to sell the tickets wich I already bought.

that, my friend, is possibly the biggest mistake of your life.

Ezz
11-24-2004, 09:03 PM
Plus,Billy Joe in eyeliner. Need I say more?!! ;)
Not at all, I totally agree :D I love this song, it's one of my favourites on the album

Jakebert
11-24-2004, 09:13 PM
I think it's good. I have to admit that at first, I hated it. But it grew on me.

Rabbit209
11-24-2004, 09:21 PM
never heard the song

bd007h
11-24-2004, 09:27 PM
never heard the song

you should give it a listen, it's a really good song.

Kitten
11-25-2004, 01:18 AM
I love the song and the video fits in perfectly. I just can't wait to see the first part of it. Its was supposed to be after holiday, but they released broken dreams first. Thus you can hear the end of Holiday at the very beginning of the clip.

TheHulaChick
11-25-2004, 06:47 AM
I love that song! As soon as I heard it I rushed out and bought the album. Haven't seen the video clip though, but I haven't watched any music shows in ages.

Tijs
11-25-2004, 06:51 AM
I'm not into Greenday that much, but I gotta say it's the best song of their new album.

lousyskater
11-25-2004, 07:10 AM
you're already in my sniper scope.
________
Laguna Heights Condominium Wong Amat (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

Master of Puppets
11-25-2004, 08:09 AM
i like the song, although i think there are better on American Idiot, if holiday doesnt become a hit then the world should die

the video is good, although a bit repeptitive, i think american idiot is an amazing video and thats my favorite of theirs so far

babycraze{Angie}
11-25-2004, 08:11 AM
you're already in my sniper scope.

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! i love that pic of BR, there's a shirt with that right? shit, i gotta go get that shirt, BR KIX ASS! but i also want the one that's all white that says Bad Religion on the front but like in black/red/green colors (i think) and on the back it has sumthin' like sum guy trying to dive in but it's actually a crowd of ppl saying No diving in the crowds or sumthing.........i want that shirt too

lousyskater
11-25-2004, 08:21 AM
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! i love that pic of BR, there's a shirt with that right? shit, i gotta go get that shirt, BR KIX ASS! but i also want the one that's all white that says Bad Religion on the front but like in black/red/green colors (i think) and on the back it has sumthin' like sum guy trying to dive in but it's actually a crowd of ppl saying No diving in the crowds or sumthing.........i want that shirt too
i have the shirt. it's my favorite shirt too. i had a pic of me with it on, but i cant find it. :(
________
Paxil Class Action (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/paxil/)

Unnatural Disaster
11-25-2004, 09:20 AM
It's a good song, but I like 'Holiday' better

MirandaV
11-25-2004, 09:56 AM
I think it sounds good for party or sumtin, happy rock
But the lyrics are crap

*I was talking about American Idiot.

lousyskater
11-25-2004, 10:06 AM
isn't Boulevard Of Broken Dreams that really slow greenday song? well, it's complete crap.
________
COLORADO MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES (http://colorado.dispensaries.org/)

Toxic Speed Bump
11-25-2004, 10:17 AM
blvd of broken dreams isnt green day's best and you know it. Infact I spit on this song in the name of green day's old stuff.

JoY
11-25-2004, 10:26 AM
call me silly, but I somewhat liky Green Day, even though it's not directly my type of music. yeah, Boulevard of Broken Dreams is nice. saw the video a few days back & it was the first time I heard it. it's pretty good, actually, but saying it's their best song ever... naw. nice pick of title, also, by the way.

American Idiot bored me after three times of hearing.

wliethof
11-25-2004, 11:01 AM
my dad's girlfriend likes it. She likes Earth Wind and Fire too.

It's an okay song. not their best though.

Titus
11-25-2004, 11:42 AM
First secondsound like lightning rod

bd007h
11-25-2004, 07:40 PM
isn't Boulevard Of Broken Dreams that really slow greenday song? well, it's complete crap.

you must be thinking of a different song, because Boulevard Of Broken Dreams isn't really slow, and it sure as hell aint crap.

babycraze{Angie}
11-25-2004, 08:14 PM
i have the shirt. it's my favorite shirt too. i had a pic of me with it on, but i cant find it. :(

ur still lucky u have it tho! man i need sum BR shirts and Ramones' shirts too. and EIGHTEEN VISIONS ESPECIALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE EIGHTEEN VISIONS! and Boulevard Of Broken Dreams is not crap. it's seriously good, :D , i still say i like Are We The Waiting and Jesus Of Suburbia as the top ones on that album even tho the whole album is badass!

Zee
11-27-2004, 04:52 AM
It's ok, but I'm just listening to "Holiday" and oh man it's a great song. Hopefully they'll get them to play here now that there's some chances to it.

Fly White Guy
11-28-2004, 04:20 PM
This should be in 'Other Bands'

Besides, Greenday sucks big time.

Green Day is awsome!!!

Fly White Guy
11-28-2004, 04:23 PM
Yeah I really like the song.

offspringbaby2004
11-28-2004, 04:35 PM
I love the song, its been in my heads for days now. It was one of my favs when I first bought the CD too :)

~mandy~

Layna
11-28-2004, 04:45 PM
I love "boulevard of broken dreams" but I haven´t seen the video :(

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-28-2004, 05:04 PM
you must be thinking of a different song, because Boulevard Of Broken Dreams isn't really slow, and it sure as hell aint crap.

It is slow..

Lars
11-28-2004, 05:20 PM
Umm that Green Day song uses the same exact chords as some Oasis song, and played like the same and everything. Though I can't remember what song it was.