PDA

View Full Version : Enduring Love

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-24-2004, 09:42 AM
The best-selling novel by Ian McEwan is been released as a film, and as far as I can tell, they haven't changed much of it. The book was fantastic, so the film might be worth a watch.

Out in UK cinemas on Friday.

Sorry if this sounds like a trailer, but it was a fabulous book.

punkangel
11-25-2004, 08:31 AM
Who Fucking Cares?!!

Tijs
11-25-2004, 08:38 AM
Who Fucking Cares?!!
I don't, but other people who like reading might do.

JoY
11-25-2004, 09:18 AM
*raises hand*
I do, actually.

& Who The Fuck are you to say nobody'd care?

SpongeBob
11-25-2004, 09:54 AM
what's the book about-briefly? i might read it.

fairy call
11-25-2004, 10:06 AM
I would like to know more about it too, I recently started reading again, it was a long time ago that I actually read a lot.
And punkangel, that was indeed a stupid comment.

Inshane
11-25-2004, 10:16 AM
I really like reading, thanks for bringing it up.

Im starting to notice punk angel often posts annoying comments like that.I wouldnt really know, didnt check it or anything. I always knew angels were fake, though.

Tizzalicious
11-25-2004, 10:54 AM
I should read that...I need to start reading again!

fairy call
11-25-2004, 11:32 AM
I really like reading, thanks for bringing it up.

Im starting to notice punk angel often posts annoying comments like that.I wouldnt really know, didnt check it or anything. I always knew angels were fake, though.

yup, fairies are waaaay better!

the_GoDdEsS
11-25-2004, 11:36 AM
I wish you had written an essay on enduring love I could have read and then would have wanted to kill myself all Goth-style because it would have been so romantic.

Izie
11-25-2004, 11:37 AM
I should read that...I need to start reading again!

I agree. But I can't find the time no matter how hard I try. And I have nothing to read around here anyway :/

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-26-2004, 04:50 PM
It's based around a married couple, called Joe and Clarissa. At the start of the book, they're having a picnic in the park, and suddenly a big balloon with a child in it begins to blow away. Joe and some other people rush to try and help, and one way or another, one man ends up dying. It's at this time that Jed Parry, one of the other men trying to help, begins to basically stalk Joe, and a lot of big things happen because of it, with a nice big climactic ending.

It's an absolutely fabulous book and I thoroughly enjoyed it. And, as a matter of fact, I did write an essay on it. How's about that for coincidence.

And punkangel, shut your goddamn mouth. Please.

babycraze{Angie}
11-26-2004, 05:15 PM
the book im currently reading is The Da Vinci Code, very x-tremely interesting, but i've neva heard of that book, reading is one of my hobbies, i should list that on my profile, but neway, ja. reading is good for the brain *whispers* if u have one.

Linda
11-26-2004, 05:17 PM
I need a magnifying glass to read a book.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-26-2004, 05:17 PM
Indeed.

Other good reads by McEwan are "Amsterdam" and "The Cement Garden". Not particularly easy reads though.

Linda
11-26-2004, 05:18 PM
..... :D ......

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-26-2004, 05:21 PM
You've read it, Linda?

Infact, has ANYONE read it except me?

Linda
11-26-2004, 05:22 PM
No, I haven't read it. I haven't even read all of my Stephen King books yet.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-26-2004, 05:24 PM
Well then you are not welcome in my topic. *HISSS*

I kid, I kid. So, are you going to see the movie?

Linda
11-26-2004, 05:30 PM
Probably when it gets on TV! lol

fairy call
12-27-2004, 12:49 PM
You've read it, Linda?

Infact, has ANYONE read it except me?

I got it at the library today, and I've allmost read half of it now, it's really nice.
And I don't know if it's the book itself but books seem to be nicer to read in English =/ Dutch is such a boring language, but apparently it's not that hard to read an English book with the English I know so that's good.

Anyway, I really like the book so far, it gets you hooked and you don't want to stop reading once you started so that's a good thing.
And the movie, have you seen it and has it been out for a long time now, cause I'd like to see it.

The Talking Pie
12-27-2004, 12:55 PM
Other good reads by McEwan are "Amsterdam" and "The Cement Garden".

What about Atonement? Haven't read it, but isn't it supposed to be his best?

Anyway, I love Enduring Love. People joked that I could have co-written it. Parry is such a kickass character :D Don't like the looks of the film though, they've changed a little more than I'd like. And why did they change Clarissa's name? I mean seriously, it's so much cooler.

And I don't know if it's the book itself but books seem to be nicer to read in English =/ Dutch is such a boring language, but apparently it's not that hard to read an English book with the English I know so that's good.

English is such a great language for written artforms because of how fucking flawed it is. I mean the vast pool of irregular verbs alone make it possible to make almost anything rhyme. Kickass.

fairy call
12-27-2004, 01:05 PM
They changed her name? I liked Clarissa :(

And English is a nice language, and I like hearing people speak it, cause it sounds all pretty. :rolleyes:

The Talking Pie
12-27-2004, 04:12 PM
Yeah. 'Clare' I believe it was. Such a bland-sounding name. No offence to any Clares, but in the context of the book it kills the character... quite violently too, with bits of flesh trailing the ground...

Yeah.