PDA

View Full Version : Jobs

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
09-28-2005, 11:40 AM
Yeah, im 17...I need a job. So, what do YOU think is better?

There's a spot in these jobs:

A CD/DVD/VIDEO store.
Burger King (Ugh), or
FootLocker.

Im thinking about CD/DVD/VIDEO(HollyWood Videos), or FootLocker.

offspring fan
09-28-2005, 11:43 AM
cd store.........

Paint_It_Black
09-28-2005, 11:47 AM
I would say Hollywood video, but it depends what pays best really.

darko
09-28-2005, 11:49 AM
Nimrod In Town']Yeah, im 17...I need a job. So, what do YOU think is better?

A CD/DVD/VIDEO store.
Burger King (Ugh), or
FootLocker.

Hollywood Videos.....Staff discount on your frav music!

Kerr
09-28-2005, 11:49 AM
I'd love to work in a music shop.

the_GoDdEsS
09-28-2005, 11:50 AM
Go for the CD stuff. But first find out about everything, how long you'd work, how much you'd get paid and all that shit. Things are not always what they seem.

offspring fan
09-28-2005, 11:51 AM
I'd love to work in a music shop.
its cool as hell. i get to choose the music the store is playing :D
lots of offspring :D

Kerr
09-28-2005, 11:52 AM
its cool as hell. i get to choose the music the store is playing :D
lots of offspring :D
Or SOAD, Metallica, Hundred Reasons, Supergrass, Maximo Park, At The Drive In, Funeral For A Friend... damn I could go on...

But yeah, it'd just be great, as I am well into music.

killer_queen
09-28-2005, 11:54 AM
Burger King. You can get free meal.

Rag Doll
09-28-2005, 11:55 AM
I dunno if your hollywood video is like the one i applied to....but there was this INSANE interview process for it. and if it's part of the chain i applied to, you need to be 18+.

offspring fan
09-28-2005, 11:57 AM
Or SOAD, Metallica, Hundred Reasons, Supergrass, Maximo Park, At The Drive In, Funeral For A Friend... damn I could go on...

But yeah, it'd just be great, as I am well into music.
il play offspring, rage against the machine, foo fighters, soad, iron maiden, qotsa, nirvana, pearl jam, turbonegro, rhcp, audioslave, the ramones and dream theater. but somthimes somthig else :D

Kayleigh
09-28-2005, 11:59 AM
You should find out about the working hours and pay, etc, like the Goddess said.

Word of warning though... I worked in McDonalds, and found it to be torture. With food, and especially fast food, there are too many things that people can complain about. And I badly burned my chest one day when someone ran into me with hot coffee. Not fun at all.

Kerr
09-28-2005, 12:01 PM
il play offspring, rage against the machine, foo fighters, soad, iron maiden, qotsa, nirvana, pearl jam, turbonegro, rhcp, audioslave, the ramones and dream theater. but somthimes somthig else :D
Hehe, forgot about Nirvana :o

I have applied to work at this store - interview tomorrow... I hope I get it.

bd007h
09-28-2005, 01:00 PM
The question is, which one would actually hire someone like Richard?

0r4ng3
09-28-2005, 01:17 PM
If I'm thinking of the same Hollywood Video, they don't sell CDs. They're a video store, like Blockbuster, except Blockbuster doesn't have a crappy selection of video games.

~*hit_that*~
09-28-2005, 01:17 PM
Go for the CD stuff. But first find out about everything, how long you'd work, how much you'd get paid and all that shit. Things are not always what they seem.

exactly. Also, go for something you wont find boring. That will help keep you motivated!

I need a new job too, something I can work for inbetween studying for my A-Levels! LOL

rodney mullen
09-28-2005, 01:29 PM
cd store...

Haven
09-28-2005, 01:39 PM
Go for the job you'd like the most...but remember working with food sucks, and unless you have a foot fetish stay away from the feet cause some people are just nasty...

~*hit_that*~
09-28-2005, 01:43 PM
Hehe, forgot about Nirvana :o

I have applied to work at this store - interview tomorrow... I hope I get it.

good luck!

Duracell
09-28-2005, 01:59 PM
Nimrod In Town']Yeah, im 17...I need a job. So, what do YOU think is better?

A CD/DVD/VIDEO store.
Burger King (Ugh), or
FootLocker.

Fuck that shiit, playa'. Just go around telling people your collecting money for the Hurricane Katrina victims.

Paint_It_Black
09-28-2005, 02:12 PM
I would never work at BK unless I absolutely needed to. I would find it difficult to work somewhere where I couldn't honestly endorse their products. Anytime anybody ordered something, I would want to ask "are you sure? There's a Wendy's, Taco Bell, McDonalds and Sonic just down the road..."

ninthlayer
09-28-2005, 02:51 PM
Burger King - deal with the dredges of society, with a smile!
Footlocker - deal with feet, sick.
Hollywood Video - deal with inventory and people that don't know anything about good movies.

I'd go for Hollywood Video.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
09-28-2005, 04:46 PM
Fuck that shiit, playa'. Just go around telling people your collecting money for the Hurricane Katrina victims.

GREAT IDEA.

If I'm thinking of the same Hollywood Video, they don't sell CDs. They're a video store, like Blockbuster, except Blockbuster doesn't have a crappy selection of video games.

It's that one, but they mostly sell CDs here.

And the winner is HollyWood Videos.