PDA

View Full Version : Spamming

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
09-28-2005, 05:53 PM
This crap is getting out of control. And when you mods aren't here ( Im not saying you should be here all the time) billions of spammers...Spam. Even I think it's getting out of control. That lazy admin is never on. That faggot should fix this place . Damn it.

Amanda
09-28-2005, 05:56 PM
I've never seen how much this place loses it everytime the mods aren't on. Oh my God its like a fucking zoo! Theres more spam going on just now then i've seen in the past month or so! Someone needs to clean this mess up.

Haven
09-28-2005, 05:57 PM
totally agree, these forums are getting pathetic...

fuckme!
09-28-2005, 05:58 PM
Nimrod In Town']This crap is getting out of control. And when you mods aren't here ( Im not saying you should be here all the time) billions of spammers...Spam. Even I think it's getting out of control. That lazy admin is never on. That faggot should fix this place . Damn it.

You are a fucking moron! You spam and it brings attention to everyone else who has just made a thread. Grow up sad fuck and I'm sure it's not legal to have multiple accounts.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
09-28-2005, 05:58 PM
The amount of spam threads and posts in this site is becoming absolutely ridiculous.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
09-28-2005, 05:59 PM
The message is hidden because fuckme! is in your ignore list

Huh, what, spammer?

Amanda
09-28-2005, 06:01 PM
You are a fucking moron! You spam and it brings attention to everyone else who has just made a thread. Grow up sad fuck and I'm sure it's not legal to have multiple accounts.
Wether he spams or not, he's still right. Take a look at all the threads that have been created in the last 15 mins. Pure spamming! Its ridiculous cause the same guy is doing this, with 2 or 3 different accounts, over and over again! And the only mod online is too busy doing God knows what to do anything about it!

fuckme!
09-28-2005, 06:03 PM
Wether he spams or not, he's still right. Take a look at all the threads that have been created in the last 15 mins. Pure spamming! Its ridiculous cause the same guy is doing this, with 2 or 3 different accounts, over and over again! And the only mod online is too busy doing God knows what to do anything about it!

What user is it? The way I see it Sheig is the one spamming and that user is the same as Warning Nimrod in town or however he writes it. He's setting these antispam threads as a joke. But he slipped up a few minutes ago and created the same thread using his sheig account.

Sucked in fucker we all know your spamming ways now!!

Amanda
09-28-2005, 06:06 PM
Shiegg/scatter breath, and i dunno if he has any other account name. But those are the ones that are "active' right now.

fuckme!
09-28-2005, 06:08 PM
Sheigg=Warning Nimrod in town.

Anyone can spam fucker. Look at me, in my dark past you can see I am the God of spam on this site. I brought chaos here fucker. I'm the reason for mods!! But when you think about it spamming really is quite pointless and it just annoys people who want to talk about innocent things. Leave them alone.

Mota Boy
09-28-2005, 06:09 PM
1 - You contribute to the problem (assuming, that is, that you aren't the problem)

2 - Putting spammers on your ignore list does wonders (for instance, I'm only choosing to view your posts in this thread because I mod this forum and need to see how legit they are)

3 - Yeah, I'm starting to think that it might be a good idea for the mods to have powers to ban, seeing as the admin seems silent. However, I don't know a good way to do it. It's probably not a good idea to give individual mods the ability to ban, but I don't know how a consensus ban would work.

barangatang
09-28-2005, 06:10 PM
1 - You contribute to the problem (assuming, that is, that you aren't the problem)

2 - Putting spammers on your ignore list does wonders (for instance, I'm only choosing to view your posts in this thread because I mod this forum and need to see how legit they are)

3 - Yeah, I'm starting to think that it might be a good idea for the mods to have powers to ban, seeing as the admin seems silent. However, I don't know a good way to do it. It's probably not a good idea to give individual mods the ability to ban, but I don't know how a consensus ban would work.

Can't you delete posts though?

Mota Boy
09-28-2005, 06:11 PM
You've already admitted to having multiple accounts and generally shown yourself to be a delusional moron. Aside from that, "shiegg"'s thread was created after Nimrod's, not before, so it proves nothing.

Mota Boy
09-28-2005, 06:13 PM
Can't you delete posts though?
Oh, and I do, believe me. I've probably deleted thirty to forty posts/threads in the forum over the last couple days. What's great is that I actually enjoy doing it, and it takes me significantly less time to delete a post or thread than it takes someone to make one, so it's not really a problem.

However, as has been pointed out earlier, I'm not always around, which is when ignoring comes in handy.

Mota Boy
09-28-2005, 06:53 PM
There are fourteen mods, and PM conversations only allow you to send a PM to five people at a time. So if you want to make an open voting system, that would require every mod sending three messages and receiving fourteen, and that's not even taking discussion into account. It's technically possible, but would be incredibly awkward.

0r4ng3
09-28-2005, 07:35 PM
I have an idea. Have some kind of "hidden" thread that only mods can enter, to talk about banning and other mod issues.

fuckme!
09-28-2005, 07:36 PM
Yeah. Do you know I think they locked the other forum before because it was impossible to post.

0r4ng3
09-28-2005, 07:40 PM
I don't believe that exists. There were "hidden forums" in the old skool days, but those were acessible to all in the know.
I'm just throwing the idea out there, if it's possible to do. Or, just have a non-hidden thread that only mods can post in. Can they post in already locked threads?

Mota Boy
09-28-2005, 07:52 PM
I was thinking of that. I've seen some boards with "Mods Only" forums and it would be one of the better ways of handling mod bans, but I don't know how much work it would take to create a mod-only forum and whether the admin would be willing to put in that work.

However, we're ignoring an even bigger question - how would bans be given? Even *if* we all voted together, we wouldn't all hand down a ban as one. It would have to take one individual with the power to ban to finally enact the decision, and since all mods are basically equal, all mods would have to have this power - we'd just basically have to trust each other not to use it except in the case of group consensus. And even though all the mods are my friends, I'm still uncomfortable with the idea of giving a single individual the power to ban users.

Unless there was a way to record whether or not a mod had decided to ban someone and have each mod decide on his or her own to use the ban, finally making it official when eight (or some other number) had agreed. That would solve the problem of discussion, but I don't know how feasible it would be.

And we can only post in locked threads in our own forums.

yay
09-28-2005, 08:17 PM
I was thinking of that. I've seen some boards with "Mods Only" forums and it would be one of the better ways of handling mod bans, but I don't know how much work it would take to create a mod-only forum and whether the admin would be willing to put in that work.

However, we're ignoring an even bigger question - how would bans be given? Even *if* we all voted together, we wouldn't all hand down a ban as one. It would have to take one individual with the power to ban to finally enact the decision, and since all mods are basically equal, all mods would have to have this power - we'd just basically have to trust each other not to use it except in the case of group consensus. And even though all the mods are my friends, I'm still uncomfortable with the idea of giving a single individual the power to ban users.

Unless there was a way to record whether or not a mod had decided to ban someone and have each mod decide on his or her own to use the ban, finally making it official when eight (or some other number) had agreed. That would solve the problem of discussion, but I don't know how feasible it would be.

And we can only post in locked threads in our own forums.

It is definately an idea which should be discussed.

Endymion
09-28-2005, 11:21 PM

the admin hasn't done shit in nearly two months. and consensus banning--the idea--is great, but it's not something that can't be implemented on the board. if the admin would actually listen and organize a majority vote of mods to ban, that'd be fine--but any way to ban currently would involve activity by the admin, of which there has been none for at least a month, probably more.

Tizzalicious
09-29-2005, 03:44 AM
A mod forum would be good. One only the mods can see, and post in. And the banning. It doesn't even have to be permanent banning, but just for a week or so.

Or the admin should listen to us when we mail him. Or just mail back? Because he really doesn't do anything, and the spam is getting out of hand. I took a print screen of what Offspring.com talk looked like for me last night. (It's worse now.)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/tizzje/spam.jpg

TheUnholyNightbringer
09-29-2005, 04:17 PM
I've emailed the admin 3 times about this issue. If he doesn't have the time to do it, give the Mods powers. Otherwise, the place goes to shit. Simple as that.

Sinister
09-29-2005, 04:20 PM
I've emailed the admin 3 times about this issue. If he doesn't have the time to do it, give the Mods powers. Otherwise, the place goes to shit. Simple as that.

yeah, it's simple. why the fuck doesnt the admin DO anything ?

Human
09-29-2005, 05:30 PM
Hahahahahah!!! Nimrod complaining about spammers!? Ahahahahahahahahah!!!!

Endymion
09-29-2005, 08:06 PM
i wonder, what do non-mods think should be done in the absense of the admin? should we mods continue to delete when spam is posted as we have been, even with the lag there admitedly is due to us not being online all the time? should something more maybe be done? any ideas are welcome. i have my own.

Endymion
09-29-2005, 08:54 PM
that all requires the admin to do something. i mean what can we do without the admin at all. there *are* options, and i will discuss them with the other mods in due time.

Vera
09-30-2005, 02:02 AM
Report every spam post you see. At least one of each's forum's two moderators is online on a daily basis (actually, the one mod who isn't online everyday that I can think of is JoY and I mod Your Band with her and I'm online regularly so yeah). I check my e-mail a lot and do notice reported posts.

reteP :)
10-01-2005, 07:41 AM
HI EVERYBODY, NICE TO SEE YOU ALL AGAIN.... HM DO I KNOW ANYONE???!!!.... HEHE, HOPE YOU HAVING FUN, CAUSE I DO.... :cool:

wheelchairman
10-01-2005, 08:11 AM
Jebi se, picko.

Kitten
10-01-2005, 10:16 AM
HI EVERYBODY, NICE TO SEE YOU ALL AGAIN.... HM DO I KNOW ANYONE???!!!.... HEHE, HOPE YOU HAVING FUN, CAUSE I DO.... :cool:

Please don't use the blue font again, it's difficult to read.

GBH2
10-10-2005, 03:28 PM
Nimrod In Town']This crap is getting out of control. And when you mods aren't here ( Im not saying you should be here all the time) billions of spammers...Spam. Even I think it's getting out of control. That lazy admin is never on. That faggot should fix this place . Damn it.
hypocrite

Tizzalicious
10-11-2005, 02:08 AM
Yes, that was definitely a good reason to bump this thread.