PDA

View Full Version : Bad Religion

lenar
09-29-2005, 12:59 AM
I am seeing them in November. I am REALLY excited...I have loved them just about as long as I have loved Offspring...maybe even a bit longer!

Human
09-29-2005, 01:01 AM
You lucky bastard. What's your favorite song by them? Mine is Atomic Garden.

lenar
09-29-2005, 01:04 AM
That is weird becuase that is my favorite song tooo...off that cd that is..I seriously cannot pick just one...other favorites are
Generator
Sinsiter Rouge
American Jesus
Tiny Voices
the list goes on and on
I LOVE the new cd

Bad Religion is pretty much my favorite Band...I say this becuase they are the band I ahve the most cds of...heheh

lenar
09-29-2005, 01:07 AM
PS
They are also playing with Anti-flag

Human
09-29-2005, 01:09 AM
PS
They are also playing with Anti-flag
You could just use the edit button. :rolleyes:

lenar
09-29-2005, 01:10 AM
I'm not smooth enough for that :mad: :confused:

Human
09-29-2005, 01:13 AM
I'm not smooth enough for that :mad: :confused:
Smooth enough? Ahah. All you do is press edit right next to qoute and edit your post and then voila, it shall work.

lenar
09-29-2005, 01:16 AM
Smooth enough? Ahah. All you do is press edit right next to qoute and edit your post and then voila, it shall work.

oohh
haha
yeah I am usually way mroe handy with computers...but oh well

JohnnyNemesis
09-29-2005, 08:07 AM
Have fun. I used to love Bad Religion, then I got tired of how incredibly pretentious they are. Still, I really like them a lot.

T-6005
09-29-2005, 08:22 AM
Definitely true - they take themselves way too seriously.

Doesn't bother me as long as I can just listen to them, at least.

Human
09-29-2005, 08:26 AM
Definitely true - they take themselves way too seriously.

Doesn't bother me as long as I can just listen to them, at least.
The only band that takes themselves way too seriously is Metallica. I remember watching that one part in that one movie of them."Me, the greatest*sob* lead singer of the greatest rock band *sob* has to go to rehab. What about all of my fans?*sob* what will they think? *bursts into tears*" My g-d what an idiot.

T-6005
09-29-2005, 08:31 AM
Yeah but Metallica sucks, so it doesn't matter.

If only everyone else thought that as well.

That_Guy91
09-29-2005, 05:26 PM
Have fun. I used to love Bad Religion, then I got tired of how incredibly pretentious they are. Still, I really like them a lot.
at least theres an intelligent alternative to Anti-Flag. i mean, the music's great, but the lyrics are shit. at least Bad Religion take more than 2 minutes of thought to write a song, am i right?

Trippy
09-30-2005, 08:14 AM
i dont like brett or whatever that guy is, the piss has gone totally into his tiny little head.

JohnnyNemesis
09-30-2005, 08:18 AM
at least theres an intelligent alternative to Anti-Flag. i mean, the music's great, but the lyrics are shit. at least Bad Religion take more than 2 minutes of thought to write a song, am i right?

lolzamirite?

Bad Religion's lyrics are quite often shit. Sometimes they're brilliant, other times they're so stuffy and full of shit that you want to strangle them for being so goddamn exclusive.

Hey, Graffin and Gurewitz: this is punk rock music, not macrosocioeconomic theory, you pretentious fucks.

China Boy
10-01-2005, 05:13 PM
Yeah but Metallica sucks, so it doesn't matter.

If only everyone else thought that as well.

I used to hate Metallica, but then I actually listened to one of their songs (Master of Puppets) and that made me change my mind.

0r4ng3
10-01-2005, 08:17 PM
Hey, Graffin and Gurewitz: this is punk rock music, not macrosocioeconomic theory, you pretentious fucks.
Often times, I don't even pay attention to the lyrics. Is macrosocioeconomic even a word?

Edit: Only Greg Graffin writes the lyrics with the big words. Brett Gurewitz writes the radio-hit-sounding songs, such as 21st Century Digital Boy.

Betty
10-02-2005, 12:40 AM
When the Offspring boys make fun of the band on the greatest hits DVD thing, it totally cracks me up. Oh man.

And I've seen them a couple of times on Warped Tour and really enjoyed them... lots of good sing-a-long songs.

lenar
10-02-2005, 01:42 AM
lolzamirite?

Bad Religion's lyrics are quite often shit. Sometimes they're brilliant, other times they're so stuffy and full of shit that you want to strangle them for being so goddamn exclusive.

So what is an example of them being exclusive?

lenar
10-02-2005, 01:54 AM
By the way, I am not trying to start anything. I am just curious!

dalaksta
10-02-2005, 07:25 AM
wut is so great about bad religion? i understand they're a lot like the offspring but still.

Spork
10-02-2005, 07:59 AM
wut is so great about bad religion? i understand they're a lot like the offspring but still.

What the hell??

JohnnyNemesis
10-02-2005, 08:59 AM
When the Offspring boys make fun of the band on the greatest hits DVD thing, it totally cracks me up. Oh man.

Yeah! "Back to the wall, that's Protocol!" I was in stitches there. Stitches, I tells ya!

So what is an example of them being exclusive?
The language they use is totally exclusive. It's a problem in a lot of rock music in general, but especially Bad Religion. Rather than communicating with words that everyone understands to make a powerful statement, they pepper their lyrics with fancy words that ultimately are not any stronger than simpler words that are inclusive. That's how they can be exlcusive.

For example: cheack out some of the lyrics from "Hear It", one of my favorite songs on the "No Substance" album:

Resounds like a cacophonous symphony...
They're rather see us all pusilinimous...

I mean, give me a break. I love Bad Religion, but goddamn.

No Effect
10-02-2005, 01:53 PM

Being like the offspring isnt necessarily a good thing.
Bad Religion is ok though.

Betty
10-02-2005, 02:42 PM
Yeah! "Back to the wall, that's Protocol!" I was in stitches there. Stitches, I tells ya!

I was definitely slapping my thighs. A lot of the things they said on that DVD cracked me up and it reminded me that Dexter and Noodles really were pretty fantastic.

ANYWAY, back to BR, you know Rick, maybe the fact that their lyrics, although pretentious, are so "exclusive" can be a positive thing. You know, it allows fans to learn new vocabulary or appreciate the vocabulary if they are familiar with it. I don't personally write that way, I write very to-the-point, but it's not something I really hold against the band, at least they are doing something different (when all their songs sound the same, hahahaha...). But really, I still think Bad Religion is for the most part catchy as hell.

wheelchairman
10-02-2005, 03:06 PM
Maybe they just have a hard time finding words that rhyme....

nameless
10-02-2005, 03:29 PM
i saw them in august! i hope they return to the uk soon!

Homer
10-02-2005, 04:21 PM
I'm seeing them in November too (hopefully).

Bad Religion's songs do sound the same when you first hear them, but once you start listening to them you realize they aren't. I personally don't give a fuck if they have 'big' words or easy words in their songs, just as long as they're making them I'm happy. Like Betty said, it could be a positive thing. People do learn new words from those songs and it helps them understand other things easier (not really a whole lot, but it does help).

That_Guy91
10-02-2005, 06:38 PM
also, if you ever meet one of those "punk rock is for idiots" people, just show them Bad Religion

lenar
10-02-2005, 10:43 PM
Okay I get it now. Yeah, I don't know a lot of words they use.

By the way is it on the actaul dvd offspring makes fun fo them?
Or is it the cd?

lenar
10-02-2005, 10:44 PM
actaully, It would make more sense that Offspring are like Bad Religion. Being that Bad Religion have been around longer.

rocketman
10-03-2005, 02:06 PM
ya your right, it would make more sense if you said offspring were more like bad religion because of the chronological order. BTW i'm going to see them in November also, except they are with Pennywise rather than Anti-Flag.