PDA

View Full Version : greatest hits track list!!

addiepauluk
11-24-2004, 04:55 PM
Hey everyone figured i may as well post for once,

well i found this playlist whilst randomly searching the web, supposedly its the playlist for the "greatest hits" album

Greatest Hits
(unsorted)
1 Self-Esteem
2 Come Out and Play
3 Original Prankster
4 Pretty Fly (For a White Guy)
5 Why Don't You Get a Job?
6 All I Want
7 Gotta Get Away
8 Come Out Swinging
9 Defy You
10 Million Miles Away
11 She's Got Issues
12 Want You Bad
13 Kids Aren't Alright
14 I Choose
15 Kick Him When He's Down
http://www.123musicstars.com/music-stars/offspring.htm#greatest-hits
give this site a go to check it out

what do you guys/ girls think of it?
i know its meant to be the greatest hits but id of prefered some of the old stuff on like jennifer lost the war or beheaded but hey that's my opinion! :cool:

Tijs
11-24-2004, 04:58 PM
Well it seems realistic, except for the fact that Kick Him When He's Down is the only song which hasn't been released on single or anything.

nitropenguin!
11-24-2004, 05:00 PM
Why isn't the new song, police cover and re-make listed?

nameless
11-24-2004, 05:09 PM
didnt check the source, but looking at it, i doubt thats the listing!

Fej87
11-24-2004, 05:24 PM
Come Out Swinging wasn't released either.

yamabeans709
11-24-2004, 06:00 PM
i would think bad habit and have you ever should be on it too, i doubt it's real

plus it doesnt matter if it was a single or not, green days cd had 4 or 5 that wasnt singles

Italia311
11-24-2004, 07:34 PM
Kick him when he's down was released...and so was come out swinging...they were promo's I'm pretty sure...

Offspring_01
11-24-2004, 08:07 PM
I doubt its real.

BuddyHolly
11-25-2004, 01:34 AM
i think there will be more songs on the real Greatest Hits album than just 15 or 16

MirandaV
11-25-2004, 01:50 AM
I'm getting sick of all those fake lists

Obie2trice
11-25-2004, 02:13 AM
Just the new song/remixes/covers are missing,

addiepauluk
11-25-2004, 02:52 AM
i didnt say it was the real thing i jus said it's what i came across! interpret it as you wish

Tijs
11-25-2004, 03:44 AM
Come Out Swinging wasn't released either.
Yup, I didn't noticed the song.

carmen man
11-25-2004, 04:33 AM
no 'gone away'? thats outrageous! better not be the final track list,

-----------------------------------------
carmensucks.co.uk

Nrk
11-25-2004, 04:39 AM
Nahhhh, they'll put The Noose on it. I'm positive. Also Gone Away, indeed.

MirandaV
11-25-2004, 04:42 AM
I think the list is super weird, there are a lot good songs missing and a lot Co1 songs are on it.

*He you dude, no offense to you, I mean they shouldnt put all kinda lists on internet.

Zee
11-25-2004, 06:08 AM
That should be interpret so that it's not the track list, it's someones opinion of their Greatest Hits so far... of course not the actual list for the upcoming album.

Floyd the Barber
11-25-2004, 08:23 AM

well i found this playlist whilst randomly searching the web, supposedly its the playlist for the "greatest hits" album

Greatest Hits
(unsorted)
1 Self-Esteem
2 Come Out and Play
3 Original Prankster
6 All I Want
7 Gotta Get Away
8 Come Out Swinging
9 Defy You
10 Million Miles Away
11 She's Got Issues
12 Want You Bad
13 Kids Aren't Alright
14 I Choose
:

I think this source is BS. Would they really put Defy You on here? That wasn't even on one of their albums. Kick Him When He's Down would be nice, but they should put more stuff from Ignition and their self-titled on here. I could do without She's Got Issues...and Only 15 tracks? That's pretty skimpy for a band that's been around for 20 years. I would hope the real playlist is a lot better than this.

RonWelty
11-25-2004, 08:36 AM
i hope that ..defy you is really good !

Tijs
11-25-2004, 08:36 AM
Would they really put Defy You on here? That wasn't even on one of their albums.
That's why it isn't called "Greatest hits of the albums we've made".

killboybowerhead
11-25-2004, 08:46 AM
no 'gone away'? thats outrageous! better not be the final track list,

-----------------------------------------
carmensucks.co.uk

Check the source again gone away is in there as a typo next to self esteem... I dont think it is the real deal i imagine a greatest hits like the red hot chilli peppers did.

killboypwrheadjx
11-25-2004, 12:00 PM
i've seen that site before. it was out long before the plans for the greatest hits album were announced. its missing the police cover and theres nothing from splinter on there. its not real.

Nepthys
11-25-2004, 01:24 PM
they'd probably put Hit That and CGMHAY on it too

selfrighteoussuicide
11-25-2004, 01:30 PM

Greatest Hits
(unsorted)
1 Self-Esteem
2 Come Out and Play
3 Original Prankster
6 All I Want
7 Gotta Get Away
8 Come Out Swinging
9 Defy You
10 Million Miles Away
11 She's Got Issues
12 Want You Bad
13 Kids Aren't Alright
14 I Choose

i know its meant to be the greatest hits but id of prefered some of the old stuff on like jennifer lost the war or beheaded but hey that's my opinion! :cool:

i seriously doubt it (apparently they are recording new songs and a remake of dirty magic)

Jake
11-25-2004, 01:47 PM
im pretty sure its Want You Bad not Want You Ba

4eh
11-25-2004, 02:00 PM
well, i don't think that this is official track-list. why there's no Splinter tracks? no, i think you shouldn't believe that. That's just this site's track list!

Offmania
11-25-2004, 02:29 PM
It isn't the real tracklist ... !!

......:::: Offmania Webmaster ::::......
>> www.offspring.it (http://www.offspring.it)
>> www.theoffspring.it (http://www.theoffspring.it)

bouncingcoles
11-25-2004, 04:30 PM

Greatest Hits
(unsorted)
1 Self-Esteem
2 Come Out and Play
3 Original Prankster
6 All I Want
7 Gotta Get Away
8 Come Out Swinging
9 Defy You
10 Million Miles Away
11 She's Got Issues
12 Want You Bad
13 Kids Aren't Alright
14 I Choose

This isnt accurate. the songs that will most likely be on the greatest hits album will most likely be.
come out and play
selfesteem
gotta get away
kids arent alright
bad habit
pretty fly
have you ever
want you bad
hit that
cant get my head around you
all i want
gone away
staring at the sun
why dont you get a job
dirt magic remake
police cover
and then the new songs they are making

This is my guess about what the greatest hits album will be like. its a lot like the splinter tour set list.

Italia311
11-25-2004, 09:12 PM
If thats how short the cd is going to be...offspring can go fuck themselves. whatta load of shit. Assuming it is a real list of course...

vintagepunkrock7
11-25-2004, 11:09 PM
i totally agree with you guys when you say that cant be the track list for the greatest hits album, gone away wasnt listed and that song will definitely be on the greatest hits album, it was way too popular of a song for it not to be included. there are also a few songs on there i dont think will make it to the greatest hits album. i think that when a greatest hits does come out though, it needs to be a 2 disc set!

The Cheshire Cat
11-25-2004, 11:14 PM
I don't think the Offspring has actually HAD enough hits to make a greatest hits album. I mean they're a great band and all, but they just don't have that many songs period, they didn't even get a hit until their third album, and the last two albums haven't done very well at all.

If you wanted to make an Offsping album comprised of actual HITS, it's just be:

Pretty Fly (For a White Guy)
Self Esteem
Come out and Play
Bad Habit
Gone Away
Why Don't you get a Job
The Kids Aren't Alright

...And that'd be pretty much it. Sure there are a lot more songs that are popular among fans (Like All I want), but in terms of songs that you could actually consider hits, you can really only pull the singles from Americana and Smash.

Dexter_H
11-26-2004, 02:56 AM
It's obviously not the list they didn't even include the new song, dirty magic, and the police cover. And about the greatest hits only including the songs that did well, that is not going to happen, how can a punk rock band release only the songs that did well?

vintagepunkrock7
11-28-2004, 02:43 PM
hi its me again, you know the one from the other posts who lives under a rock! i have not heard this dirty magic remake. when was it done?

Moose
11-28-2004, 02:52 PM
some songs you may see on it that werent released as singles are: jennifer lost the war, beheaded, baghdad, defy you, kick him when he's down (this song gets airplay from small college stations when they play old offspring), dirty magic, bad habit, and maybe a live song or 2...although i doubt that...the reason behind these selections is because either they were released for movies or are popular among the band and its fans or just get played on the radio such as bad habit because they are quite good. there may be some others, they might put some songs on it that may surprise us, the best thing they can do is put 2 songs from the self-titled and 2 songs from ignition to make the older fans happy and to promote their older albums...guess we'll just have to wait and see...

Great Satan
02-12-2005, 12:59 PM
check this out

http://gregpunk.free.fr/index.php

Tired_Of_You
02-12-2005, 01:02 PM
^It's not even about the greatest hits... It's about bands who covered The Offspring.

Don't say I'm not right, my first language is French.

Zee
02-12-2005, 01:15 PM
There's a link down there to www.cdon.com, and there's the Greatest Hits album and DVD showing but that's damn old info already.

Frozen flames
02-12-2005, 01:43 PM

Greatest Hits
(unsorted)
1 Self-Esteem
2 Come Out and Play
3 Original Prankster
6 All I Want
7 Gotta Get Away
8 Come Out Swinging
9 Defy You
10 Million Miles Away
11 She's Got Issues
12 Want You Bad
13 Kids Aren't Alright
14 I Choose

she`s got issues sucks.
want you bad doesn`t belong there, neither does why don`t you get a job. in my opinion.
otherwise, nice list..
maybe dirty magic, have you ever or cool to hate would have earned their place between the tracks..

MoRoChA_DeW
02-12-2005, 02:01 PM
so many great song are missing in that list!!!!!

Jack the Tripper
02-12-2005, 02:40 PM
All the singles
The most popular songs
Maybe some live songs
Some new songs

Revolver-2005?
02-12-2005, 02:42 PM
Genocide should be in there, thats an awesome song, along with Americana....not songs like Want You Bad and Shes Got Issues..

Jack the Tripper
02-12-2005, 02:44 PM
Genocide should be in there, thats an awesome song, along with Americana....not songs like Want You Bad and Shes Got Issues..
Want you Bad and She's Got Issues do suck but they were released as singles so they probably will be on it.

Layna
02-12-2005, 05:08 PM

Greatest Hits
(unsorted)
1 Self-Esteem
2 Come Out and Play
3 Original Prankster
6 All I Want
7 Gotta Get Away
8 Come Out Swinging
9 Defy You
10 Million Miles Away
11 She's Got Issues
12 Want You Bad
13 Kids Aren't Alright
14 I Choose

If it is the real list, it would be great and perfect !

Layna
02-12-2005, 05:10 PM

I agree.

(message too short)

Obie2trice
02-12-2005, 11:22 PM
Those 2 songs are not singles and not hits, so why should they put them on the record?

Gordie
02-12-2005, 11:31 PM
anyone else notice that The Kids Aren't Alright, wasn't on that list? :confused:

Aimeht
02-13-2005, 04:35 AM
That is not the real list! If you look at all the other groups/artists there's also a list of Greatest Hits (unsorted).

aavikko
02-13-2005, 05:48 AM

Greatest Hits
(unsorted)
1 Self-Esteem
2 Come Out and Play
3 Original Prankster
6 All I Want
7 Gotta Get Away
8 Come Out Swinging
9 Defy You
10 Million Miles Away
11 She's Got Issues
12 Want You Bad
13 Kids Aren't Alright
14 I Choose

fuck the original prankster....it sucks

Jack the Tripper
02-13-2005, 06:03 AM
I'm the the real list hasn't even been made yet. I checked with the people who work at a music store and they say Greatest Hits won't come out until this summer if not later.

Mannen som blev en gris
02-13-2005, 06:49 AM
This is what I think: THAT IS NOT THE LIST FOR THE ALBUM!!! I belive that's simpley a list of their greates hits, not the tracks for the album Greatest Hits. Haven't anyone else thought it might be as easy as that?
Plus, a lot of you mentioned that some tracks weren't singels. What's wrong with that? A Greatest Hits album isn't about singels, it's about their best songs. I think it was Iron Maiden that did a Greatest Hits album where the fans voted for the songs to be on it on their website. That's a good idea.

Revolver-2005?
02-13-2005, 07:14 AM
Those 2 songs are not singles and not hits, so why should they put them on the record?

lol because theyre great songs thats why

americanidiot
02-13-2005, 08:27 AM
Where the fuck is "the worst hangover ever" and "spare me the details" those are party songs.

nameless
02-13-2005, 02:26 PM
im hoping theyd stick to their "classics" all i want etc, rather than the "hits" pretty fly etc.!

Skate Rat 19
02-13-2005, 06:59 PM
Why isn't the new song, police cover and re-make listed?

I heard people talkin about those songs, where can i hear them?

Skate Rat 19
02-13-2005, 07:02 PM
NO NO NO NO Those songs are greatist hits because they are the greatests hits to the web makers. Its not the real list.

Talman
02-14-2005, 06:48 AM
When the songs are chosen, chances are they'll be posted on the official site. I highly doubt it would be up on other websites before this one.

nickspring-82
02-14-2005, 04:58 PM
how would anyone know what the greatest hits would be....., and it wont happen til they stop making records, dexter doesnt seem like he would do it til they are done...i think personally they will release a 2-disc set, 84-94, 95-05(or when they finish), i mean, isnt that more realistic, then the old fans are done justice who made them famous with their following ...as a side note, they should try and re master the first two albums, to give it the consistancy over the songs
disc 1
some intro
1.Bad Habit
2.Jennifer Lost The War
3.Gotta Get Away
4.Lapd
5.I'll Be Waiting
6.Come Out and Play
7.Beheaded
8.Self Esteem
9.Get It Right
10.Something to Believe In
11.Burn It Up
12.Out On Patrol
13.Dirty Magic
14.Smash

i think that mix is dynamic and true to the range of songs, this next disc is harder, the volume of peoples favourites is just huge, and i hate ppl who compile lists of singles...i think singles should only be recognised at the time of the album, not in greatest hits, so this list probly wont be like by many, but it is true to them

disc 2
some intro
1.The Kids Aren't Alright
2.All I Want
3.(cant get my) Head Around You
4.Pretty Fly(for a white guy)
5.Million Miles Away
6.Staring At The Sun
7.Gone Away
8.Have You Ever
9.Original Prankster
10.Lightning Rod
11.Amazed
12.The Noose
13.Me & My Old Lady
14.The End Of The Line

disc 2 track 14 kinda poetic and significant a statement title song.. quite a bit of thought went into this :eek: i bet i pissed some ppl off :p any thoughts on my take?

Jack the Tripper
02-14-2005, 05:35 PM
how would anyone know what the greatest hits would be....., and it wont happen til they stop making records, dexter doesnt seem like he would do it til they are done...i think personally they will release a 2-disc set, 84-94, 95-05(or when they finish), i mean, isnt that more realistic, then the old fans are done justice who made them famous with their following ...as a side note, they should try and re master the first two albums, to give it the consistancy over the songs
disc 1
some intro
1.Bad Habit
2.Jennifer Lost The War
3.Gotta Get Away
4.Lapd
5.I'll Be Waiting
6.Come Out and Play
7.Beheaded
8.Self Esteem
9.Get It Right
10.Something to Believe In
11.Burn It Up
12.Out On Patrol
13.Dirty Magic
14.Smash

i think that mix is dynamic and true to the range of songs, this next disc is harder, the volume of peoples favourites is just huge, and i hate ppl who compile lists of singles...i think singles should only be recognised at the time of the album, not in greatest hits, so this list probly wont be like by many, but it is true to them

disc 2
some intro
1.The Kids Aren't Alright
2.All I Want
3.(cant get my) Head Around You
4.Pretty Fly(for a white guy)
5.Million Miles Away
6.Staring At The Sun
7.Gone Away
8.Have You Ever
9.Original Prankster
10.Lightning Rod
11.Amazed
12.The Noose
13.Me & My Old Lady
14.The End Of The Line

disc 2 track 14 kinda poetic and significant a statement title song.. quite a bit of thought went into this :eek: i bet i pissed some ppl off :p any thoughts on my take?
That sounds about right but I'm sure they'll have new songs too.

nickspring-82
02-14-2005, 06:31 PM
yeah but why new songs, thats so typical, i rather them just stick to the songs we know, i just want to see what they think is a great set list of their songs, ive made many a playlist of " god-like " offspring albums, dream compilations, thats all im interested in, and if they re master the early stuff

rowan187
02-20-2005, 12:57 PM
theres no splinter songs....hit that should be a hit

Jack the Tripper
02-20-2005, 12:58 PM
theres no splinter songs....hit that should be a hit
it's not the right listing. Hit That, Can't Get My Head around You, and Da Hui should be there

Dexter_Kyle
02-20-2005, 02:49 PM
Also Spare Me The Details should be there because they were about to release it as a single but i think it only was played on radio...but...it should be there anyway... ;)

dirtybird
02-20-2005, 08:26 PM
i doubt da hui would be on it, but hit that and head around you would be. but was why don't you get a job really popular enough to put on there? i was only 8 when americana was released, and i know it has a video and all, but still.

La_Plume_Noire
02-21-2005, 02:35 AM
I've heard somewhere that this CD will contain few new songs. Maybe this greatest hits will contain a box of two CD ! ;)

Jojan
02-21-2005, 07:23 AM
Well it seems realistic, except for the fact that Kick Him When He's Down is the only song which hasn't been released on single or anything.
Wasn't Kick Him When He's Down on The Big One?

Jojan
02-21-2005, 07:25 AM
Sorry. It was Take It Like A Man.

nickspring-82
02-21-2005, 09:45 AM
person who said it would be a 2 disc box....you might want to take notice at my post which first detailed that notion :rolleyes: and hit that should not be on the greatest hits, reason being, its too new, and the other album songs i listed in my CD's are way more offspring style, christ if you want to hear hit that, play splinter, same goes for spare me the details, they arent trademark offspring songs, only true true fans will be behind this GH thing and they should impress the true fans

Jimbob2005
02-22-2005, 02:28 PM
who cares if its real or not, i dont need a greatest hits alb cos i hav all the albums and songs - unless there are any new tracks

Jimbob2005
02-22-2005, 02:31 PM
what songs did they release from their 1st 2 albs?