PDA

View Full Version : To guys who are secure about their sexuality

Kerr
10-01-2005, 11:21 AM
Do you actually have to do something regarded as "gay" to be secure about your sexuality? I have always wondered about this kind of thing. I have never thought of myself as gay, and I am quite sure I'm not. Also, I only get turned on by girls - not guys. I have seen naked guys and all that in movies e.g. The Great Rock n Roll Swindle, so that's how I know.

I don't hate gay people either, but I still think that the idea of a man shaggng a man ain't really nice, or kissing a man is not for me. Maybe a quick hug at times, but not kiss, and I'd be dubious of any guy who tried to kiss or grope me and be like "er no that's not nice, pack it in" or summit like that. I don't know if this makes me homophobic or not, really.

Just wondered.

wheelchairman
10-01-2005, 11:23 AM
But you've always been insecure about your sexuality. I mean I remember back when you posted that internet test proving you weren't gay etc.

Often your mind is more confusing than you think. Topics like this, where you spend paragraphs talking about how straight you think you are, makes you look kinda gay.

Why care either way? If you kiss a girl it's no problem, the same if you kiss a guy. Regardless of sexual orientation.

T-6005
10-01-2005, 11:25 AM
Having kissed a guy won't make you gay for all that. Trust me. You can be perfectly comfortable with yourself and never have done anything gay. Insecurity starts when you start trying to convince others.

Kind of like now.

Kerr
10-01-2005, 11:27 AM
I wasn't trying to convince others I am straight. I was just saying that I am fairly sure I am. I never asked for anyone else to think I am straight too.

T-6005
10-01-2005, 11:30 AM
You opened a thread asking a simple question, then talked about your perception of males for a paragraph and a half.

Seems like you were trying to prove something.

Kerr
10-01-2005, 11:31 AM
They were personal views, and I wanted to know if it made me homophobic because I don't really want to be homophobic.

A lot of my mates claim they tend to think like I do too. I don't know if it a maturity thing.

arak0r
10-01-2005, 12:17 PM
wow kerrs finally coming out. congrats man. dont let "the man" get you down. unless of course "the man" is your partner i suppose. in that case gl hf.

Nirushika6789
10-01-2005, 12:21 PM
Having kissed a guy won't make you gay for all that. Trust me. You can be perfectly comfortable with yourself and never have done anything gay. Insecurity starts when you start trying to convince others.

Kind of like now.
i agree here...if u know ur not gay then why must you let others know your not gay? you should be secure enough without that.......

sounds like ur trying to prove something

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-01-2005, 12:26 PM
Kerr, only you really know if you're secure about your sexuality or not. To that end, you also only know if you're homophobic or not. Trying to convince others that you're straight doesn't automatically make you straight, but then again nor does it make you insecure.

I personally think homophobia's stupid and 80% of homophobics are probably gay themselves, but you are who you are. And only you know that.

Kerr
10-01-2005, 12:33 PM
Thanks a lot Dave for that reassurance.

And yeah, homophobia is pretty stupid. I know this guy from my high school (who now goes college) who puts on this straight, homophobic act. I've always been under the impression he is secretly gay.

Human
10-01-2005, 12:35 PM
Kerr, only you really know if you're secure about your sexuality or not. To that end, you also only know if you're homophobic or not. Trying to convince others that you're straight doesn't automatically make you straight, but then again nor does it make you insecure.

I personally think homophobia's stupid and 80% of homophobics are probably gay themselves, but you are who you are. And only you know that.
You sound like my mother, only, she talks about the people calling me names and stuff are those names and it is pretty retarded because she tells me "You are who you are and no one can change that" like everyday because I don't come home screaming and yelling and laughing like the other girls do. It is really damn stupid, but yeah. Sorry about that, I just had to tell you you sound like my mother. That is all.

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-01-2005, 12:39 PM
You sound like my mother, only, she talks about the people calling me names and stuff are those names and it is pretty retarded because she tells me "You are who you are and no one can change that" like everyday because I don't come home screaming and yelling and laughing like the other girls do. It is really damn stupid, but yeah. Sorry about that, I just had to tell you you sound like my mother. That is all.

It's true though. You shouldn't change who you are because of High School or whatever. I didn't change because of it, and I respect myself more now. Seriously, don't even try and change. I know it's hard but stick with it.

Human
10-01-2005, 12:42 PM
It's true though. You shouldn't change who you are because of High School or whatever. I didn't change because of it, and I respect myself more now. Seriously, don't even try and change. I know it's hard but stick with it.
Yeah I know but it's a bit hard when the whole grade hates you and you are the only one not going to the party and all of that other stuff. I'm so sick of it because I am rejected everywhere I go. I have been to 7 schools already and nobody seems to like me at all just because I choose to be different.

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-01-2005, 12:43 PM
Yeah I know but it's a bit hard when the whole grade hates you and you are the only one not going to the party and all of that other stuff. I'm so sick of it because I am rejected everywhere I go. I have been to 7 schools already and nobody seems to like me at all just because I choose to be different.

OK, I didn't go to that many schools.. but I've been in similar situations. I'm telling you, don't change to suit other people. Try doing stuff out of school perhaps? Join a band, or a society?

Human
10-01-2005, 12:45 PM
OK, I didn't go to that many schools.. but I've been in similar situations. I'm telling you, don't change to suit other people. Try doing stuff out of school perhaps? Join a band, or a society?
I only do hebrew school and that's as many out of school things my parents will let me do. Besides, who'd want the freak of all freaks in their band?

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-01-2005, 12:50 PM
I only do hebrew school and that's as many out of school things my parents will let me do. Besides, who'd want the freak of all freaks in their band?

Two things.

a) Try and convince your parents that you need to do out of school stuff. Social skills are incredibly important and really learning them starts now. You need to be doing social stuff or you'll suffer for it later.

b) Don't believe what people say about you. I know this is hard too but it's important. What instrument do you play? Put up notices in local music stores, saying "Instrumentist avaliable" and just see what comes up. I know this is a bit harsh, but sitting and thinking about it won't solve anything. You need to get up and start making things happen yourself. Once you make that first jump, and things start to happen, it just falls into place. But you need to make that first move.

Human
10-01-2005, 12:57 PM
Two things.

a) Try and convince your parents that you need to do out of school stuff. Social skills are incredibly important and really learning them starts now. You need to be doing social stuff or you'll suffer for it later.

b) Don't believe what people say about you. I know this is hard too but it's important. What instrument do you play? Put up notices in local music stores, saying "Instrumentist avaliable" and just see what comes up. I know this is a bit harsh, but sitting and thinking about it won't solve anything. You need to get up and start making things happen yourself. Once you make that first jump, and things start to happen, it just falls into place. But you need to make that first move.
I don't have any local music stores and the closest store that sell records is Target and it is like 5 miles away and nobody would ever use Target as a place to advertise to be in a band. I play Piano, The Mallets, and I am starting Guitar, and may start Drums in afew months. Of course I don't believe what people say about me but it is still very hurtful what they say, I can't stand being hated by everybody, rumors constantly being psread about me, people getting up into groups to harass me, my friends ditching me to go hang out with popular people, and yet, I still let them get away with it. I have been nothing but nice to everybody and I get shit in return.

~*hit_that*~
10-01-2005, 12:58 PM

Exactly...I would never change for anybody, no matter what. Either you accept me as I am, or you don't. I'm happy with who I am, and like you Dave...I respect myself for it too.

JohnnyNemesis
10-01-2005, 01:00 PM
I have sex with men all the time, but I'm pretty sure I'm not gay.

HeadAroundU
10-01-2005, 03:08 PM
OMG
embarrassing thread.

You sounds like Human's mother!

Human
10-01-2005, 03:11 PM
OMG
embarrassing thread.

That isn't funny and, this thread isn't embarrasing, it is you that's embarrasing.

HeadAroundU
10-01-2005, 03:16 PM
That isn't funny and, this thread isn't embarrasing, it is you that's embarrasing.
Human=10 years old liar!

Human
10-01-2005, 03:18 PM
Human=10 years old liar!
I feel sorry for you. maybe your small pitied little mind just can't handle the fact that I'm better than you despite my small age.

Nirushika6789
10-01-2005, 03:18 PM
TUNB you give really good advice...GO YOU!....no really that is really good advice...cool :D

China Boy
10-01-2005, 03:19 PM
OMG
embarrassing thread.

Shut up, they're having an intelligent conversation.

Anyways, I kind of recognise myself in your situation, Human. Back in the day, my best friend ditched me for the popular people. What I just did was I talked to him. And since that I haven't had any issues. But I have to admit that I have changed. But I haven't changed on purpose, it just happened, I guess it's all those hormones you have in the teenage years. Everybody changes y'know. But if you just sit at home feeling sorry for yourself you are not making the situation better.

Human
10-01-2005, 03:20 PM
TUNB you give really good advice...GO YOU!....no really that is really good advice...cool :D
I agree with you.

Human
10-01-2005, 03:21 PM
Shut up, they're having an intelligent conversation.

Anyways, I kind of recognise myself in your situation, Human. Back in the day, my best friend ditched me for the popular people. What I just did was I talked to him. And since that I haven't had any issues. But I have to admit that I have changed. But I haven't changed on purpose, it just happened, I guess it's all those hormones you have in the teenage years. Everybody changes y'know. But if you just sit at home feeling sorry for yourself you are not making the situation better.
I've known that for a very long time and even my mom says it, I can't get any lower, and I tried to get higher but it is like climbing up a wall without tools to help you, it just can't be done.

China Boy
10-01-2005, 03:23 PM
I've known that for a very long time and even my mom says it, I can't get any lower, and I tried to get higher but it is like climbing up a wall without tools to help you, it just can't be done.
If you put your mind to it, you could accomplish anything.

Human
10-01-2005, 03:25 PM
If you put your mind to it, you could accomplish anything.
And I've been trying to accomplish it since I was 5. I've given up, I really have. Even though I am one of the smartest in my grade and I am a staright A student and I'm very athletic and an all around good student, I hate my life. I know this sounds stupid but it got so out of hand that I have startes to cut myself. I started in August.

Nirushika6789
10-01-2005, 03:31 PM
it is like climbing up a wall without tools to help you, it just can't be done.

it got so out of hand that I have started to cut myself. I started in August.

this is really sad...i mean thats awful....i really dont know what to say except cutting yourself isnt going to do any good except cause more issues to rise.

i have had a lot of bad things happen to me and tried something and i now realise im lucky to be here....i would have missed so much so im saying dont take a big risk like I did.....

and your only 10 ...when you get to teens you should be able to get some relly good friends then...thats when people actually stop worrying about their 'posse' etc...well over here it is...i hope this helps :)

PS im 14 ....ive been through a lot but nothing to do with being excluded...worse things and im not making little of yours but ive been through pure hell...

Human
10-01-2005, 03:33 PM
this is really sad...i mean thats awful....i really dont know what to say except cutting yourself isnt going to do any good except cause more issues to rise.

i have had a lot of bad things happen to me and tried something and i now realise im lucky to be here....i would have missed so much so im saying dont take a big risk like I did.....

and your only 10 ...when you get to teens you should be able to get some relly good friends then...thats when people actually stop worrying about their 'posse' etc...well over here it is...i hope this helps :)

PS im 14 ....ive been through a lot but nothing to do with being excluded...worse things and im not making little of yours but ive been through pure hell...
Well, I know that cutting won't help but I can't help it. yes, I have been through pure hell also, it is just too hard to explain.

Nirushika6789
10-01-2005, 03:36 PM
Well, I know that cutting won't help but I can't help it. yes, I have been through pure hell also, it is just too hard to explain.
i can relate to what ur going through and im sure uve heard this loads but cutting urself can lead to BIGGER things

i didnt cut myself but i went for the big one....and im so lucky it didnt work ...please dont make my mistake

im trying to help but it might sound like im just repeating myself

China Boy
10-01-2005, 03:36 PM
And I've been trying to accomplish it since I was 5. I've given up, I really have. Even though I am one of the smartest in my grade and I am a staright A student and I'm very athletic and an all around good student, I hate my life. I know this sounds stupid but it got so out of hand that I have startes to cut myself. I started in August.
At your age?
You are now on my pity-list.

Nirushika, you mean attempted suicide, right?

Human
10-01-2005, 03:38 PM
At your age?
I don't want to be on anybody's stupid "pity list".

China Boy
10-01-2005, 03:38 PM
It's just an expression

Nirushika6789
10-01-2005, 03:40 PM
At your age?

Nirushika, you mean attempted suicide, right?
yes i dont like talking about it and im ok now, some of the problems arestill here but nowhere near as bad as it was.........

Human
10-01-2005, 03:40 PM
i can relate to what ur going through and im sure uve heard this loads but cutting urself can lead to BIGGER things

i didnt cut myself but i went for the big one....and im so lucky it didnt work ...please dont make my mistake

im trying to help but it might sound like im just repeating myself
You tried to kill yourself? how? In what manner?

Nirushika6789
10-01-2005, 03:41 PM
he is being nice to you

Nirushika6789
10-01-2005, 03:42 PM
You tried to kill yourself? how? In what manner?
as i said before i dont like talking about it and im not saying...

Human
10-01-2005, 03:42 PM
he is being nice to you
But I don't want anyone to feel sorry for me, all I want is for people to be polite when I am nice to them. I have been nothing but nice this year and all I get in return is shit. Pure shit.

Nirushika6789
10-01-2005, 03:44 PM
But I don't want anyone to feel sorry for me, all I want is for people to be polite when I am nice to them. I have been nothing but nice this year and all I get in return is shit. Pure shit.
he was being fucking nice to you and being understanding...ok no need to take anger out on him..he didnt do anything wrong

Human
10-01-2005, 03:48 PM
he was being fucking nice to you and being understanding...ok no need to take anger out on him..he didnt do anything wrong
No, I wasn't talking about him, and I know he was being nice but I also stated what I wanted: People not to feel sorry for me but simply treat the way they should

Grampa
10-01-2005, 03:48 PM
Man you have way to many problems for a ten year old. This sounds more like teen issues really... Youre way too young for this...

Human
10-01-2005, 03:50 PM
Man you have way to many problems for a ten year old. This sounds more like teen issues really... Youre way too young for this...
Well there is nothing I can do about it. What is your actual age?

Nirushika6789
10-01-2005, 03:51 PM
No, I wasn't talking about him, and I know he was being nice but I also stated what I wanted: People not to feel sorry for me but simply treat the way they should
ok ...ur saying things like 'i cut myself' and u dont expect people to feel sorry for you...

FFS PEOPLE ARE GONNA FEEL SORRY FOR YOU...when u say something like that automatically people are gonna feel sad and feel bad for you....
no offence but complaining about that is being stupid...its obvious people are being nice and treating you right by saying that...NO ONE has said anything wrong

Human
10-01-2005, 03:52 PM
ok ...ur saying things like 'i cut myself' and u dont expect people to feel sorry for you...

FFS PEOPLE ARE GONNA FEEL SORRY FOR YOU...when u say something like that automatically people are gonna feel sad and feel bad for you....
no offence but complaining about that is being stupid...its obvious people are being nice and treating you right by saying that...NO ONE has said anything wrong
I'm not going to argue with you because you obviously don't understand what I am trying to say and I don't feel like explaining it for a third time.

Nirushika6789
10-01-2005, 03:53 PM
^^dont then...i give up on tryingto help you

Human
10-01-2005, 03:53 PM
^^dont then...i give up on tryingto help you
And I give up on stating my point.

Grampa
10-01-2005, 03:54 PM
Well there is nothing I can do about it. What is your actual age?

15... well almost 16

Offspring7
10-01-2005, 05:03 PM
ok...human. to start out...you are 10 years old. i remember that age and i have to tell you i was NOT popular at all. people hated me, wanted to kill me, etc. it didn't get better forever. i took things to heart, and i was constantly upset. 8th grade, 13-14 years of age...things started getting a LITTLE better, but only a little. i was an outcast, and people made rude remarks. i was different, hyper, not athletic, not pretty. here at 15 years old, i can see where things changed. i've grown into myself, and i am VERY happy with my life. people can be cruel, but eventually, as hard as it is to believe, they DO mature. my freshman year, i joined clubs, sports, and made friends with the people in my classes. all this without ever having to change myself. at this point in my life, i have acquired some popularity, which is a big thing for someone who used to be an outcast and a total dork. my point here, things do get better, don't worry about it now. the stage of life your in right now doesn't really have a lot to do with who you are going to become. and DO NOT cut yourself. that doesn't take the pain away, and it is really just stupid. its more like something to prove to yourself that things aren't alright, but you're going to hate yourself for it later when you are an adult and happy with your life. just focus on this...its all going to get better.

Sin Studly
10-01-2005, 11:31 PM
She's lying, life gets worse with every passing day. End yours.

ninthlayer
10-02-2005, 04:59 AM
Jimbob is a homo race traitor gook.

Sin Studly
10-02-2005, 05:09 AM
Jimbob is a homo race traitor gook.

Hide your dogs, hide your cats.

Paint_It_Black
10-02-2005, 08:33 AM
Some people act homophobic because they secretly love the cock. Others truly hate fags. I have no speculation as to the percentages however. I didn't read all of this, but from what I did see...listen to TUNB.

I mostly just posted to say that Human, though regularly annoying, is by far the coolest 10 year old I've ever been aware of.