PDA

View Full Version : Donnie Darko

BaneOfEvil3
11-24-2004, 08:22 PM
Great movie.

Tell me what you think of it.

I've also got an explanation of the movie that I wrote and posted in a forum once, in case you had no idea what the hell happened at the end.

So uh...Yeah. Great movie. Also a great soundtrack.

lousyskater
11-24-2004, 08:26 PM
i really wouldn't bother posting about the movie because 95% of the members of this board have either never seen it or don'tunderstand it. i personally liked the movie though.
________
Live Sex (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

BaneOfEvil3
11-24-2004, 08:27 PM
Well, I'm still curious to see what develops of this thread.

Endymion
11-24-2004, 09:23 PM
we've all seen it. we all have our own theories.

i'm sure HP shall be posting soon...

HornyPope
11-24-2004, 09:26 PM
It's a good movie.

What "really happened at the end" is not hard to understand once you've seen the movie twice or more, it's the theme of the flick that fans are debating. Personally, I was a bit let down when I heard the explanations offered by Richard Kelly, writer and director, himself. I don't buy this whole God and pre-destined crap really. Ah well.

HornyPope
11-24-2004, 09:30 PM
Endymion: posted at Today, 10:23 PM:
i'm sure HP shall be posting soon...

HP : posted at Today, 10:26 PM:

You're right on the money baby.

Mota Boy
11-24-2004, 09:59 PM
I find it incedibly annoying how quickly movies can move from being underrated to overrated. Donnie Darko is a very good movie, but there are a lot of very good movies out there that people push out of their brains to make room for Donnie Darko, Boondock Saints or Super Troopers. I find Donnie Darko more deserving of the fan worship than the other two, and I'll admit I've spent a few hours pondering and reading other people's ideas on it, but to debate and redebate and marvel at the beauty of it is getting tiresome.

That said, it's an incredibly unique concept, and haunting in a way that few movies can top, because ultimately the hero sacrifices not only his life, but the very relationship that made his life worth sacrificing, in a manner that only the audience can appreciate his selflessness. For all his universe-saving, in the world of the movie Donnie Darko died anonymously.

I think that it's that ending, more than anything else, that burns the movie into our psyche.

Titus
11-25-2004, 03:14 AM
I can t believe u watched this movie
I watched somes months ago
Its a crap
Worst movie i ever saw

lousyskater
11-25-2004, 03:20 AM
you probably didnt't even understand the movie in the first place.
________
Marijuana Dispensaries In (http://www.dispensaries.org/)

Titus
11-25-2004, 05:07 AM
you probably didnt't even understand the movie in the first place.

I understood, nice end i know,but i didn t like it

BaneOfEvil3
11-25-2004, 05:45 AM
Okay...We could uhm....Turn this into a 'Being John Malkovich' thread.

That movie is so awesome...

Donnie Darko and Being John Malkovich are my favorite movies.

wliethof
11-25-2004, 09:47 AM
it's weird when you watch it and don't know what to expect. fun though.

nieh
11-25-2004, 10:01 AM
Being John Malkovich is a great movie. All of Charlie Kaufman's movies that I've seen were great. You should check out Adaptation and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Eternal Sunshine had some more similarities to John Malkovich because much of it takes place in the character's brain, re-living memories (kind of like the scene in Malkovich where cameron diaz is chasing that pregnant lady through his mind). Were his other ones any good?

Anya82
11-25-2004, 10:16 AM
I watched Donnie Darko, and I really liked it.. I've seen it twice, but I still have many things to figure out...

I haven't seen Being John Malcovich yet... but if you recomend it, I'll look for it.

Eternal Sunshine... good movie, I really liked it...

I like "complex" movies, I like things that make me analyze the situation, and look for an answer.

[[[ Off the topic: For those who like anime as I do... I recomend Serial Experiments Lain... that anime series makes you think about what's real and what's not.. what or who is "god" (without attacking any religious beliefs)... Some people find some similarities with the matrix... but Serial Experiments Lain was created before matrix..]]]

Sunny
11-25-2004, 10:23 AM
there's this one song on the soundtrack... *mad world* cover by Gary Jules... it's so horribly bad it makes me wanna stab myself over & over again. -cries tears of rage- The original was so much better...

Vera
11-25-2004, 10:29 AM
I should see this film. I always walk pass it in the video rental shop and never rent it. Meh.

HornyPope
11-26-2004, 05:42 AM
The movie is not overated, it's just widely discussed between a small group of flick buffs, hardcore fans and armchair movie criticis. Together they make a small and extremly noisey group that leaves the impression that "oh wow this is like so unbelivably great".

lousyskater
11-26-2004, 06:28 AM
this thread made me want to watch it so i'm downloading it right now. it will be finished downloading in about an hour.
________
Mywetdreamss live (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/Mywetdreamss)

!jessaye!
11-26-2004, 06:44 AM
I havent seen Donnie Darko...but i've heard its excellent.
However, I have seen Being John Malcovich, and it was the worst movie i have ever seen. It was really compelling, and i stayed up past midnight watching it. Still tops my list of worst movies ever though. :rolleyes:

BaneOfEvil3
11-26-2004, 08:40 AM
I havent seen Donnie Darko...but i've heard its excellent.
However, I have seen Being John Malcovich, and it was the worst movie i have ever seen. It was really compelling, and i stayed up past midnight watching it. Still tops my list of worst movies ever though. :rolleyes:

It depends on how you watch the movie... You have to keep an open mind. The movie was so horribly WEIRD that I couldn't help but love it. However, if I didn't have the crazy personality that I have, I probably would've hated it.

HornyPope
11-26-2004, 09:26 AM
The movie isn't weird like David-Lynch-weird. If you open your eyes and pay attention to the details you will surely "understand it".

Speaking of David Lynch, if only Donnie Darko had a lesbian scene with Jenna Malone in the form Noami Watts does in Mulholland drive... mmm...