PDA

View Full Version : Why is no body pissed off that there is an NHL strike?

RXP
11-25-2004, 01:12 AM
I want to kill the NHLPA brass. If hockey don't start soon I'll slit my wrists.

lousyskater
11-25-2004, 01:28 AM
i didn't even know that tere was a NHL strike.
________
DEPAKOTE SETTLEMENT NEWS (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/depakote/)

RXP
11-25-2004, 01:32 AM
That's what everyone fucking says. You all make me want to kill myself right now. Fuck.

lousyskater
11-25-2004, 01:34 AM
well i don't ever pay attention to any sports anyways. hockey is actually my favorite leage sport, but i don't watch it much.
________
MarciaSex live (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/MarciaSex)

Zee
11-25-2004, 07:01 AM
Nah, brings some players here. Sweden has the most though.

Vera
11-25-2004, 07:05 AM
HAHAHAH, no. I watched a Champions League game yesterday and it was the hotness.

Start liking football, you stupid Paki.

lousyskater
11-25-2004, 07:06 AM
football is way overrated.
________
COLORADO DISPENSARY (http://colorado.dispensaries.org/)

Tijs
11-25-2004, 07:06 AM
Hooray for PSV!

Zee
11-25-2004, 07:11 AM
Damn PSV, eat my money! Or could be damn Arsenal also for not winning the game.

Vera
11-25-2004, 07:14 AM
You had a bet, Zee?

I was supporting Arsenal, too, but I didn't really care for the final result. But CHRIST the ref was BIASED. For fuck's sake. Vieira was SO obviously going for the ball in the situation where he got the 2nd yellow card, the other player was faking with those, what, 9 or 10, rolls on the ground. Oh please!

Arsenal would've probably won if Henry wouldn't gotten the ball and just gone, but the fact Arsenal was short on 2 great players pretty much that impossible. Thanks, ref.

RXP
11-25-2004, 07:24 AM
Start liking football, you stupid Paki.

I choked on my food when I read that, you're too funny. I can't imagine a Finnish accent saying that.

Anyway football is a pussies game. Full of pansy men who like hair bands and have facial hair that they groom constantly. I can't watch a game full of fags even though I am one.

Zee
11-25-2004, 07:27 AM
Yeah, I had a 5e bet for Arsenal and Valencia, but Arsenal failed. Not that big sums involved, but it's still nicer to win than lose in the end.

Henry had many places, but no.

lousyskater
11-25-2004, 07:28 AM
like i said earlier:

football is way overrated.
________
Club Royal Condo (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

Vera
11-25-2004, 07:46 AM
Anyway football is a pussies game. Full of pansy men who like hair bands and have facial hair that they groom constantly. I can't watch a game full of fags even though I am one.
Footballers get the LADIES and can still hug and kiss each other. It's so totally perfect. You just don't see it. And you're jealous. Of the ladies, of the players, maybe a bit of both, you swing both ways, right? ;]

Ice hockey players just have boring hockey wives no one wants to bang.

lousyskater - I pity thee who has not seen the light. Football is larger than life, man.

Zee - You can always blame the ref. Especially in this game. Just when Arsenal got their game on, the ref threw two of their boys out. Not cool at all.

RXP
11-25-2004, 10:20 AM
Rather have a loving wife than a whore with me cause I'm famous.

Oh shit wait this was meant to be a jokey thread but it's still true.

wliethof
11-25-2004, 10:36 AM
who cares about the NHL anyways? :p

football might be for pussies, but it's still more fun than hockey. Well maybe not. I think if I'd have had possibilities, i would've played hockey.

Vera
11-25-2004, 11:08 AM
Rather have a loving wife than a whore with me cause I'm famous.
Rather have hundreds of thousands of bitches than one wife who only gives out once a month.

If I was a bloke, I'd want to be a professional footballer. Definitely.

RXP
11-25-2004, 11:44 AM
Love > sex, however.

And football is awesome to play I play it. But to watch pffft. And when I play, when we play we don't play like pansies.

Vera
11-25-2004, 11:45 AM
Love > sex, however.

Get out of town, seriously.

And define "playing like pansies".

Betty
11-25-2004, 11:48 AM
I don't personally care but I AM surprised that there isn't more hype about it.

It's a pretty ridiculous situation overall.

RXP
11-25-2004, 11:52 AM
Playing like pansies = rolling over for 30 secs when you get clipped and then staying down for another 5 mins while a strecher comes out but then 30 secs later coming back on.

FOOTBALLERS ARE GAY.

Vera
11-25-2004, 11:57 AM
It's called filming and I'd explain to you why some do it but you'd never get it you hockey-loving Paki homo (and I say that with love).

I FUCKING WISH THEY WERE, dude.

greencows12
11-25-2004, 12:39 PM
I want to kill the NHLPA brass. If hockey don't start soon I'll slit my wrists.If these professional millionare hockey players are on strike because they want more money and they're not playing because they love the game, fuck them! college hockey has more fights anyways!:D

RXP
11-25-2004, 12:43 PM
You're a fucking idoit.

wliethof
11-25-2004, 01:33 PM
Playing like pansies = rolling over for 30 secs when you get clipped and then staying down for another 5 mins while a strecher comes out but then 30 secs later coming back on.

FOOTBALLERS ARE GAY.

well duh, they're professional footballers. they want to have free kicks more than just play. too scared they'll break something and be some random guy with no job.

When I used to play though.. ahh good times.

RXP
11-25-2004, 02:00 PM
Hockey plays play on broken foots, legs. They play with broken hands. They play when they've had teeth knocked out. When they're groin muscle severes from the bone. They play when a puck hits them in the foot @ 100mph.

cf Steve Yzerman in the 2002 playoffs for an example of everything a hockey player is that a footballer ain't.

wliethof
11-25-2004, 02:06 PM
yeah yeah but I can't help that I grew up with football. I was quite a good defender in my time (I sound really old there :o.. )

lousyskater
11-25-2004, 02:09 PM
hockey definately doesn't get the recognition it deserves, and niether do the players. and i'm pretty sure the players don't get payed anywhere near the amount a football or basketball player does.
________
AsiansXX cam (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/AsiansXX)

wliethof
11-25-2004, 02:15 PM
that's because they can't get no good advertising campaigns with their messed up heads. too ugly.

lousyskater
11-25-2004, 02:18 PM
oh yeah, i forgot that we live in a world were you can be dumb as a dornail, yet as long as you look good, you can be successful with ease.
________
BONG REVIEWS (http://glassbongs.org/)

wliethof
11-25-2004, 02:20 PM
yep. don't even have to be pretty. look at david beckham and many others

Chris
11-25-2004, 02:42 PM
well I do hope arsenal put on a better display on new years or I won't be best impressed - still haven't forgiven them for losing to man utd of all teams...

RXP
11-25-2004, 03:00 PM
Peter Forsbeg get's paid $11 mil a season.

Hockey players get paid too much, so do footballers.

Dive
11-25-2004, 03:27 PM
I've heard a few people moaning about it. I would've cared a few years ago, but now I've lost all interest.

As far as the Champions League goes, nothing would please me more than to see Rosenborg beat Arsenal (and Panathinaikos beat PSV), even though it won't happen. I'm also hoping Leverkusen will make it through. I guess it doesn't really matter though, considering Juventus will probably win it all. Hopefully, I'll be surprised.

bd007h
11-25-2004, 07:29 PM
I am pissed. Hockey is my favorite sport to watch after football is over. I'm a huge Buffalo Sabres Fan. I've heard that the reason for the lockout is that the owners want a salary cap, but the players don't. If any sport needs a salary cap, it's baseball. The NHL does not need a salary cap. The proposed cap is 32 Million. The New York Rangers team salary is over twice that, and they haven't made the playoffs in almost 10 years.

bd007h
11-25-2004, 07:36 PM
Peter Forsbeg get's paid $11 mil a season.

Hockey players get paid too much, so do footballers.

so do basketball players. Latrell Spreewell turned down a 10 million dollar contract saying that he has a family to feed.

Not Ozymandias
11-26-2004, 11:11 PM
I hope this goes on forever. If the Bruins can't win a Stanley Cup ever then no one should be able to.

Radi0_havana52
11-27-2004, 01:31 AM
holy sit i didn't know nhl was on strike...now what are hockey drunks gonna do on saturday nights :confused:

HornyPope
11-27-2004, 02:59 AM
Sure the Bruins can win the cup. Just not in your life time.

Trivia question of the day. What's one North American city that had its two major sports team fight back from a 0-3 deficit and blow a 3-1 lead to win and lose the playoff series respectively in one year?

Vera
11-27-2004, 04:09 AM
Hockey plays play on broken foots, legs. They play with broken hands. They play when they've had teeth knocked out. When they're groin muscle severes from the bone. They play when a puck hits them in the foot @ 100mph.
That's not very smart, you know.

As far as I understand, football is physically very demanding. You have to be in really good condition in order to run around a field for 90 minutes (with a 20 minute break, given). One of the reasons my country sucks is that even though we have good players, they get worn out after 70 minutes while better teams like say Czech and Holland (using examples from our World Cup preliminaries group) are still going after 70 minutes and still have energy to play and attack and defend.

This is also why an injury can be really fateful to a footballer. The last thing any player wants is to be stuck in a hospital room for 6 months because of something that happened on the field.

This brings me to one reason why some players tend to fake.

(Another one is what wliethof said, begging for yellow cards, red cards, free kicks, penalty kicks... Because hell, whatever it takes, eh? I personally find that more amusing than annoying but that's just me. Of course, when the opposite of who I'm supporting is faking like there's no tomorrow, I get pissed off.)

Players want to avoid injuries. Some players can be really physical and will easily do some pretty rough stuff as long as they can get away with it. Some players just have an attitude problem. In order to avoid injuries, the less physical players fake to be in more pain than they actually are. This gets the physical players, who ones who have intentions of maybe actually hurting a little and not just breaking some player's attack to get the ball, yellow cards and red cards and they'll learn how to behave themselves.

Of course, the divaing ("oh no, his shoe touched my foot, I think I'll lie on the ground and look pained so maybe ref will give us a free kick!") as my friend calls it can be really annoying. And on the general level, I don't approve of faking on the field.

But the view I presented in this post was from a newspaper I read during Euro 2004 and it made a lot of sense to me.

Dive - I haven't followed it so much, mainly because every time they show matches on Finnish TV, I have a shitload of homework, some sort of exam or something. Of course, I had an English exam I should've been studying for when I watched PSV - Arsenal, but I figured it was kind of like studying English grammar because Arsenal is an English team.

I'll try to follow from now on, though as I have less courses and less homework. And because football is ace.

wliethof
11-27-2004, 04:14 AM
To me, real footballers are those who don't give a crap about hurting themselves or worry that they won't get payed. They really enjoy footballing and it shows.

Plus, i know this from experience, if you don't worry about hurting yourself and don't hold back, it will not be you that gets hurt when playing rough. If you doubt, you get hurt.

Vera
11-27-2004, 04:30 AM
I doubt the pro footballers "doubt" or are scared to death of injuries. Of course, when you're out there playing you just go and play and do your best, but if some fucker kicks you in the knee cap intentionally or some shit like that, I understand if you want to fake in order to get that guy a yellow card. Because he'd deserve it.

Football is a contact sport, but the physical players who're not even going for the ball in some situations are just fucking assholes to me. You don't play a sport by breaking its rules. These things do happen, you have to get the ball somehow, but if a player doesn't give a shit about hurting other players than something's not right. Because football shouldn't become a violent sport where everyone just tries to get each other to the hospital or at least on the bench. That's just fucked up and nobody wants to watch that.

Or if they do, they can watch ice hockey. :]

the_GoDdEsS
11-27-2004, 04:37 AM
In this country we're huge ice hockey obsessors. It can cause a mass hysteria. And I love hanging out with other hundreds or thousands of people drinking beer and watching it all on a big screen outside. Cheering crowds. We go nuts. And it gets so hilarious.

Vera
11-27-2004, 04:41 AM
I could like ice hockey for the sense of togetherness. People like it a lot in here as well.

But I just don't like it as a sport. Blah. Boring.

punk_flamingo
11-27-2004, 07:01 AM
hang on

didnt middlesborough win?

or was that against liverpool...oh i have no fucking idea. Its soccer...Aussie Rules is better.

RXP
11-27-2004, 10:59 AM
Footballesr are pussies. Plain and simple. A perfect example of it is some player forgot who some German broke his shoulder or something and continued playing in like the 40s. He ain't no pussy. But the majority are.

Also yes football is more demanding in recovery time wise. But it's about the same as being pounded, bruised battered playing every other day in a Stanley Cup finals playoff series. The whole culture of footballers is diving, it's a european thing. It's like the euros are more likely to fake and dive in the NHL too. Euro's are wimps.

Dive
11-27-2004, 11:10 AM
. I had an English exam I should've been studying for when I watched PSV - Arsenal, but I figured it was kind of like studying English grammar because Arsenal is an English team.

That's understandable. But I think Arsenal would be better for a French exam.

http://www.uglyfootballers.com/content/images/rogues/injuries/images/injury15.jpg

Not Ozymandias
11-27-2004, 12:29 PM

Trivia question of the day. What's one North American city that had its two major sports team fight back from a 0-3 deficit and blow a 3-1 lead to win and lose the playoff series respectively in one year?
I can't hear you; I have a Lombardi trophy stuck in each ear.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-27-2004, 12:35 PM
There's a guy at work who plays "soccer", and he says his ambition is to end somebody's career. I fucking hate him. And this is why I don't like sport.

Not Ozymandias
11-27-2004, 12:38 PM
Kick his kneecap in and say, "Funny, that was my ambition too".

Vera
11-27-2004, 01:33 PM
That's understandable. But I think Arsenal would be better for a French exam.
YIS!

I want to have babies with Pires and Henry.

I support France for reasons I can't quite name.

Dive
11-27-2004, 10:11 PM
Pires is fuckable, but Henry doesn't really do anything for me. His inconsistent performances for his country are a real turn off.

bd007h
11-27-2004, 10:21 PM

?

The Sabres could have won the cup, if it weren't for Brett Hull's No Goal. He's a disgrace to my first name and last initial.

RXP
11-28-2004, 01:34 AM
No. It was G6. It wasn't a dead cert. It was a no goal, however.

But Brett Hull is fucking awesome.

Vera
11-28-2004, 03:26 AM
Pires is fuckable, but Henry doesn't really do anything for me. His inconsistent performances for his country are a real turn off.
I know exactly what you mean. What the fuck is up with that? He scored like once in Euro 2004. He can fucking perform miracles with Arsenal but in Les Bleus he's just your average French player. He just doesn't seem to have his shit together in those games. He has opportunities, but he doesn't seem to seize them often enough.

I haven't much of Les Bleus' preliminary games but I watched the Ireland 0-0 match on French TV that my dad gets and god, it was so frustrating. There is this huge Zidane&Lizarazu-sized gap in their play that needs fixing or otherwise they'll be out of the World Cup and it'll be Korea 2002 all over again, but argh.

I weep for my favourite team, but I've got other favourites to support in case France gets an early ticket home in 2006.

RXP
11-28-2004, 03:30 AM
I think it's cause he's black.

Vera
11-28-2004, 03:52 AM
Hardy-fuckin'-har.

The black guys of the French team are usually the hardest-working players you'll see in the team (at least in some matches I've witnessed), aside from Barthez and Pires, of course. Good examples are Gallas and Silvestre.

RXP
11-28-2004, 03:55 AM
They have to work hard because they're black so don't have the mental capacity now do they. Why do you think everyone makes monkey noises in the crowd? It's to make them feel at home so they perform better.

Vera
11-28-2004, 03:59 AM
Indian guys shouldn't try to be racist, you just can't do it right.

bd007h
11-28-2004, 09:52 AM
No. It was G6. It wasn't a dead cert. It was a no goal, however.

But Brett Hull is fucking awesome.

He's a great hockey player, yes, but with me being a Sabres fan, I will never forgive him for the no goal.

HornyPope
11-28-2004, 09:54 AM
Don't get your hopes up. The Sabres wouldn't have won the cup.

Not Ozymandias
11-28-2004, 10:15 AM
Dallas deserved that Cup. If Buffalo wanted it so bad then they never should have let the game go that long. Cheat to win, baby.

HornyPope
11-28-2004, 11:09 AM
Hull would have scored that goal with, or without his skate in the crease.

bd007h
11-28-2004, 11:11 AM
maybe he would have, but a rule is a rule. I still say NO GOAL!!! Dominik Hasek was able to hold off Dallas to a 6 game series, he could have brought it to seven. There is no doubt that Hasek is the best Goalie in NHL history.

HornyPope
11-28-2004, 11:26 AM
If every rule was enforced to the maximum there wouldn't be a 5 on 5 hockey 10 seconds into the game until the end. And that rule was removed anyways.

bd007h
11-28-2004, 11:39 AM
yeah, it was removed, because they realized they made a big mistake during game 6 of the 1999 Stanley Cup Finals