PDA

View Full Version : My midnight analysis of "(Can't Get My) Head Around You"

IdiotOfTheDay
10-01-2005, 03:56 PM
Bear in mind that this is all a total joke, I am not at all serious when saying this. And please don't kill me.

"(Can't Get My) Head Around You" is about....poseurs.
Think about it.

Deep inside your soul there's a hole you don't wanna see-The poseur in question is in denial of what they really, truly are.
Every single day what you say makes no sense to me-Dexter does not understand the poseurs when they babble on to him about who-knows-what.
Even though I try I can't get my head around you-Dexter tries to be accepting of the poseurs, but still can't understand them.

Somewhere in the night there's a light in front of me-Dexter knows the truth about poseurs, and is following his heart.
Heaven up above with a shove, abandons me-He gets kicked out of heaven to make room for the poseurs. (yeah, this was pretty random...)
Even though I try I fall in the river of you-Dexter continues to unsuccessfully try to understand the poseurs.
You've managed to bring me down too-Dexter is really pissed because he still can't understand the poseurs.

All your faking, shows you're aching-The poseurs faking what they are shows that they are feeling pain.

Every single day what you say makes no sense to me
Lettin' you inside, isn't right, don't mess with me-Dexter does not wish the poseurs to learn about him, because they'll mess with his mind.
I never really know what's really going on inside you
I can't get my head around you-He still doesn't know what's up with the poseurs.

All your feeding shows you're bleeding-Poseurs feed off of the people true to the scene, and so it shows just how weak they really are.

Deep inside your soul there's a hole you don't wanna see
Covering it up like a cut with the likes of me-The poseur tries to cover up how fake they are with people like Dexter that are true to how they are, saying things like, "Well, I'm like this person."
You know I've really tried, I can't do anymore about you-Dexter admits he tried but will never understand the poseurs.

The cut's getting deeper
The hill's getting steeper-The poseur is showing more and more how fake they really are.
I guess I'll never know what's really going on inside you
I can't get my head around you

Once again, don't take this analysis seriously. I was half-asleep when I was thinking this over. CGMHAY is one of my favorite songs, and it's a hell of a lot deeper than being about poseurs, I know.

Offspring-Fanatic
10-01-2005, 08:50 PM
ha.......cool..

.:SMASH:.
10-01-2005, 08:53 PM
that cheered me up. thanx for this post. that WAS pretty random but it put a smile on my face. thanx again

Original prankstA
10-01-2005, 09:10 PM
your deep man thats sweet i guess

Drummerguy123
10-01-2005, 10:49 PM
That was awesome, you should do another song. (btw, it's spelled "posers")

JohnnyNemesis
10-01-2005, 10:53 PM
Totally wrong, I think. It's obviously a love song.

When you dissect a song line by line, you kind of lose the point of the coherent whole. You can study a song line by line, but you can't forget how the pieces all fit together, my friend...

SkyRocker
10-01-2005, 11:29 PM
Too much pondering...

Kitten
10-02-2005, 04:59 AM

When you dissect a song line by line, you kind of lose the point of the coherent whole. You can study a song line by line, but you can't forget how the pieces all fit together, my friend...

Kinda a love song, it's still pretty bitter. Maybe a break up sort of song.

IdiotOfTheDay
10-02-2005, 06:02 AM
That was awesome, you should do another song. (btw, it's spelled "posers")
No, it comes from a French word; check it out in the dictionary. There's "poser," for someone who poses, like a model, and "poseur," for someone who's being what they're not.

Yeah, I know it's totally wrong; I said several times that I didn't mean any of what was said, and I was just really tired and bored when thinking it over. I agree with you and Kitten that it's a love/break-up song.

0r4ng3
10-02-2005, 06:20 AM
No, it comes from a French word; check it out in the dictionary. There's "poser," for someone who poses, like a model, and "poseur," for someone who's being what they're not.
It could be spelled either way, like colour or flavour.

offspring fan
10-02-2005, 06:22 AM
:^\..................................

IdiotOfTheDay
10-02-2005, 10:32 AM
:^\..................................
I'm sure this is a very valid point, care to explain further?

HeadAroundU
10-02-2005, 04:53 PM
Deep inside my soul there's a hole everybody see......lalalala lala la.......

universal lyrics
could be poseur/love/break-up.....

cool song like my username! :D

punk_riOt
10-02-2005, 05:53 PM
Err..good guess, but i think you're off it's a love song.

deep-fried dog-food sushi
10-02-2005, 05:59 PM
niiice haha i thought it was about lepers

sorry that was bad

Offspring7
10-02-2005, 06:10 PM
thats a great analysis. i can see where you got all that. i don't think its a love song...maybe someone you try to love and you just can't no matter how hard you try because it would hurt the other person. my analysis of it.

IdiotOfTheDay
10-02-2005, 06:27 PM
Err..good guess, but i think you're off it's a love song.
Dude, read what I wrote around it. I said I wasn't serious. Kay? I was half-asleep, and decided to listen to Next to You, but I was too lazy to fast-forward through CGMHAY, and so ended up thinking all this.

And yeah, Offspring7, that's what I really think too...someone's in a relationship with someone, but their partner is making less and less sense to them each day, so they start giving up on them.
But thanks to everyone who actually read what I said about it being a joke, and like it, it's extremely irritating when people like punk_riOt assume that you think one thing when that's not what you think at all.

Swill
10-03-2005, 04:35 AM
Nice.....well done
________
SATIVA STRAINS (http://strainindex.com)

Dirty Bertie
10-03-2005, 08:18 AM
IOTD- Here are the marks of the English jury:

10 outta 10 for lateral thinking

0 outa 10 for accuracy

Nice try :D