PDA

View Full Version : tell me, what is your definition of "punk"

Offspring-Fanatic
10-01-2005, 10:25 PM
yes offspring is my kind of punk. some people think emo is punk. hell some may think no doubt is punk.

whats your definition of punk? music, and style wise.

.:SMASH:.
10-01-2005, 10:32 PM
yes offspring is my kind of punk. some people think emo is punk. hell some may think no doubt is punk.

whats your definition of punk? music, and style wise.
punk is stuff like AFI, offspring and sum 41. mostly fast beats with basic guitar rifts. its probably the real definition of punk too. how the fuck can no doubt be punk?

Offspring-Fanatic
10-01-2005, 10:37 PM
i dont know. i was just saying that some people might think it is. but yes i agree with you.

this is a funny story: my friend's favorite band is AFI. He likes the Offspring, but just gets annoyed with me talking about them so much. This is funny, because AFI is signed to Nitro: Offspring owns AFI

Drummerguy123
10-01-2005, 10:49 PM
Haha, they really owned them when they did Totalimmortal. The Offspring's version totally schooled AFI's.

Hypodermic_89
10-02-2005, 01:48 AM
my definition of punk is everything from Mxpx to The Exploited

Evka.pl
10-02-2005, 03:34 AM
punk is stuff like AFI, offspring and sum 41. mostly fast beats with basic guitar rifts. its probably the real definition of punk too. how the fuck can no doubt be punk?

i disagree. even dexter said in one interview they don't like to call their music 'punk'...i guess there aren't many real punk bands anymoe. don't get me wrong, i love offspring but i don't think that's punk like it used to be. it's a combination of different music styles...i guess.
besides i don't like defying things...

RobinoZombie
10-02-2005, 03:44 AM
punk is in my opinion too do what you want, too be free, and not listen too what everyone say. do what you feel like. and not too play by everyones rules. musically, i would say that offspring is punk, or in the punk category, cause punk is so wide nowadays. thats the biggest problem, most of the "real punks"(as they think they are) try too say 'this is punk, Thats not' but you gotta understand that punk is a wide and free style,music and culture.
bands that i find 'real punk' is Dead Kennedys, Us bombs, ramones. basicly 'real punk' is dead. but punk is alive

Evka.pl
10-02-2005, 03:47 AM
. basicly 'real punk' is dead. but punk is alive

if 'real punk' is dead, how can punk be alive? :)
but seriously, i agree that the 'new or neo punk' thingy is really vide.
and i hate when ppl say that avril lavinge is punk!

Jojan
10-02-2005, 04:19 AM
The Offspring is partly punk.
Punk to me is bands like Ramones, Dead Kennedys, Mob 47, Asta Kask, Moderat Likvidation, Åka Bil, Cock Sparrer, Skitsystem, Devotchkas, Oi! Polloi and so on.
I would not call bans like Sum 41 punk, because to me their not.

But as some people say "There is no definition of punk, so therefor punk can never die.". If someone says that punk is dead, they mean their definition of punk is dead.

killer_queen
10-02-2005, 04:48 AM
punk=bad music (the clash is an exception)

.:SMASH:.
10-02-2005, 05:18 AM
Haha, they really owned them when they did Totalimmortal. The Offspring's version totally schooled AFI's.
wtf are you on about? totalimmortal was at least 10 times better than the offspring version

Revolver-2005?
10-02-2005, 06:24 AM
I hate when people say theres a punk style....cause then that just doesnt make sense to the whole punk culture....i think theres a punk attitude, no style to go with it though...

bands that I would consider punk are:

Dead Kennedys, The Vandals, NOFX, Pennywise, Bad Religion, The Offspring, Social Distortion, Anti-Flag....etc....etc

Offspring-Fanatic
10-31-2005, 04:23 PM
oh wow this is pretty cool. some relatively postive reviews. i thought they'd be a lot of bashing on me for creating such a thread...i dunno...im tired...i say a lot of nonsense when im tired.

Little_Miss_1565
10-31-2005, 05:18 PM
This thread gets made very frequently, and it invariably goes down in flames. Besides, this is really only related to the Offspring in the most tangential sort of way.