PDA

View Full Version : Firefox or IE

the_offsprings_monkey
10-03-2005, 06:41 AM
Which do you use and why.

Vera
10-03-2005, 06:48 AM
Anyone who answers IE is stupid or ignorant.

Cejus
10-03-2005, 06:51 AM
Most times I use Mozilla (it's very similar to Firefox), because I can open a lot of pages in the same window. If I browse a lot of websites with Internet Explorer, I get a lot of windows, and that's pretty annoying. You can see it here:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/Cejus/Mozilla.jpg

As you see, I'm browsing through 3 sites in the same window.

But sometimes I use Internet Explorer, tho. E.g: when I enter Hotmail, or MSN-Spaces...

Cejus
10-03-2005, 06:55 AM
Anyone who answers IE is stupid or ignorant.
Well, as I said, sometimes it's better to use IE. Some Microsoft Sites are designed to be viewed with IE (Hotmail, MSN, Microsoft.com). I can't browse through this site with Mozilla: http://www.ie.inf.uc3m.es/ (it's part of my university website). There are some menus up there, but you can't use them without IE. That's annoying, yeah. :(

Tizzalicious
10-03-2005, 06:57 AM
I don't use Firefox...but some other Mozilla browser that comes with a built in (sp? I lost my english.) mailbox. But I voted firefox anyway, as it's basicly the same.

The Talking Pie
10-03-2005, 07:23 AM
I use Firefox because it's the 1337 alternative to IE (open-source is always better because it's made by teenagers with too much time on their hands instead of those stinking, filthy paid professionals with their degrees and whatnot...).

Death to Microsoft!!!!!!!11!!1!

Jebus
10-03-2005, 07:33 AM
I'm still waiting for my firefox shirt to arrive. I ordered it like 3 weeks ago. =\

Duracell
10-03-2005, 08:50 AM
I use Firefox because it's the 1337 alternative to IE (open-source is always better because it's made by teenagers with too much time on their hands instead of those stinking, filthy paid professionals with their degrees and whatnot...).

Death to Microsoft!!!!!!!11!!1!

/\ Hates his Dad

notoriousdoc
10-03-2005, 08:57 AM
I use Opera, it kicks serious ass

the_offsprings_monkey
10-03-2005, 09:01 AM
oldversion (http://www.oldversion.com) this site has a load of browsers

Endymion
10-03-2005, 09:10 AM
opera shouldn't be thrown in with "other browser", it has a respectable market share and it is at least as featureful and secure as IE-based and gecko-based browsers. it also went completely no-cost a few weeks ago, so no more banner ad on the free version.

the_offsprings_monkey
10-03-2005, 09:16 AM
yea but if you asked me to name 2 browsers IE and Firefix would jump to mind

Lars
10-03-2005, 11:49 AM
Mac - Safari usually, or firefox if something doesn't want to work right on Safari (linksys admin doesn't work under safari) or in those cases something doesn't want to work on either the far outdated version of ie.

pc/work - I need to use ie for most of my work stuff, now way around it, but do any other browing on firefox to keep windows to a minimum.

original_psycho
10-03-2005, 12:08 PM
I prefer using Mozilla Firefox and Opera mostly because they have tab browsing. Now I'm using Opera cause my Quicktime plug-in doesn't want to work on Firefox. Which is annoying.

0r4ng3
10-03-2005, 01:56 PM
Mozilla and Firefox are two different things? Then why's mine called Mozilla Firefox?

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
10-03-2005, 01:59 PM
FireFox. Internet Explorer is highly over-rated.

Endymion
10-03-2005, 02:04 PM
Mozilla and Firefox are two different things? Then why's mine called Mozilla Firefox?
mozilla is now the name of a foundation that covers many projects. originally it had one project--what is now known as seamonkey (and use to be its code name). it is the open-sourced suite that was previously netscape. it is a browser, a mail client, an html editor, an address book, and i believe an irc client. after a few years of mozilla being just that, they completely reorganized and started new projects--primarily firefox (then phoenix). mozilla became the name of the foundation rather than just a project name, etc etc. so there's mozilla firefox, mozilla thunderbird, mozilla etc etc etc (they have about ten active projects i believe). seamonkey was commonly called mozilla suite after that, but then the mozilla foundation stopped development of the suite so it was taken over and is now offically known as seamonkey.

this is all from memory, so some of it might be off. wikipedia's got the whole story, i'm sure.

Jebus
10-03-2005, 05:07 PM
My firefox shirt arrived today! Awesome...