PDA

View Full Version : What does it mean to be a "punk"?

Anya82
11-25-2004, 11:04 AM
For you, what does it mean to be a "punk"?

Is it just a gap? a tendency? wear a kind of clothes? listen to a kind of music? know how to skateboard? or is it something more? and.. if it is.. what is "it" ?

nitropenguin!
11-25-2004, 11:05 AM
That's always been a hard question for me. I could be clothes... the attitude, what people think of you. Not sure, I guess it just matters if you, yourself thinks you're a punk or not.

the_GoDdEsS
11-25-2004, 11:06 AM
Crap, crap, crap.
Punks are out.

sKratch
11-25-2004, 11:06 AM
Listening to bad music, shopping at thrift stores, and putting glue in your hair.

the_GoDdEsS
11-25-2004, 11:07 AM
Listening to bad music, shopping at thrift stores, and putting glue in your hair.

Three points.

sKratch
11-25-2004, 11:11 AM
When I was a junior in high school, there was a girl in the senior class with a huge glue mohawk. Pretty ridiculous, but she was a fun person.

Inshane
11-25-2004, 11:12 AM
not this discussion again.

damn. :(

sKratch
11-25-2004, 11:14 AM
It's ok we're all taking it very seriously.

greencows12
11-25-2004, 11:15 AM
You can put as many spikes in your hair as you want, dress however you want, appearance does not make you punk.

Nicole
11-25-2004, 11:15 AM
I don't know, most of the people I'd consider punk would probably punch my head in if I called them that. It's just another lame subculture with its own music scene.

Vera
11-25-2004, 11:16 AM
I'm punk because I spit at people.

Inshane
11-25-2004, 11:17 AM
'We' had this sort of punk or not discussion on the old board.
everybody kept calling everybody a wannabe and all that kind of crap.

hope this thread isnt turning into anything like that again.

shatskater
11-25-2004, 11:18 AM
greencow is right, i am a punk in my own mind. ya i skate, and listen to punk bands, etc. but that doesnt make me a punk, i just am that way, to me it doesnt deal with clothes or hair. its ur attitude, most punks are anarchists so ya, there ya go, i am agianst the government, but ya the attitude, think, ur a punk, not a trend. punk will never be a trend, good charllote is hip hop rock, not punk.

sKratch
11-25-2004, 11:19 AM
you fucking gooch licking sell-out trendy wannabe corporate dick sucker

Inshane
11-25-2004, 11:20 AM
^ You are against the government untill you get the change to get a shitload of money from them.

Would you be kind enough to send me a picture of you in a three piece suit then?

greencows12
11-25-2004, 11:25 AM
ha ha! that reminds me of a funny story. These people at my school who were trendy kids, all of a sudden decided that mohawks were cool, it became a trend for about a week or a month, and they said good charlotte was punk, then, like a week or a month later, they were all preppy looking again. lol

lousyskater
11-25-2004, 12:23 PM
i see punk as doing what ever the fuck you want. you don't have to dress punk to be punk. it's also for the music and not the money. it's about having a blast at a show.
________
Problems from nexium (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/nexium/)

Vera
11-25-2004, 12:34 PM
You see that's what I find silly. If punk is doing what you want, would you call a Justin Timberlake-lovin', hip-hop dancin' cheerleader girl punk because she's just doing whatever the fuck she wants and she doesn't take any bullshit from anyone (including punk ass bitches) about her hobbies or her taste in music?

No, you'd probably just see her as a poseur who likes stuff just because it's popular.

It's prejudiced, sure, but it's what most do anyway.

acgc2002
11-25-2004, 12:41 PM
greencow is right, i am a punk in my own mind. ya i skate, and listen to punk bands, etc. but that doesnt make me a punk, i just am that way, to me it doesnt deal with clothes or hair. its ur attitude, most punks are anarchists so ya, there ya go, i am agianst the government, but ya the attitude, think, ur a punk, not a trend. punk will never be a trend, good charllote is hip hop rock, not punk.

you have it man... you are a genious... you could summarize in a paragraph what I also think... :)
I donīt skateboard... but i listen to punk bands, I am against the government, I like their attitude... I donīt know... mentally I am more to punk than to any other trend/fashion/category...

nitropenguin!
11-25-2004, 12:44 PM
I'm an Anique (my name) and that's all I am. Screw fasion

wheelchairman
11-25-2004, 12:46 PM
Punk is a nihilist group that tries to fight the norms of aesthetism with a violent rebellion attitude..

You are all wrong. Especially those who say "it means you can do what you want." That's just stupid. Hippies did what they wanted to as well. Are hippies punk?

sKratch
11-25-2004, 12:47 PM
ha ha! that reminds me of a funny story. These people at my school who were trendy kids, all of a sudden decided that mohawks were cool, it became a trend for about a week or a month, and they said good charlotte was punk, then, like a week or a month later, they were all preppy looking again. lol
They're more punk than you'll ever be.

lousyskater
11-25-2004, 12:47 PM
You see that's what I find silly. If punk is doing what you want, would you call a Justin Timberlake-lovin', hip-hop dancin' cheerleader girl punk because she's just doing whatever the fuck she wants and she doesn't take any bullshit from anyone (including punk ass bitches) about her hobbies or her taste in music?

No, you'd probably just see her as a poseur who likes stuff just because it's popular.

It's prejudiced, sure, but it's what most do anyway.

of course punk was never meant to get popular like it has now. nor was it ever made for the money and to be popular and have fans like all these pop punk bands are doing now. the old school punks just wanted to make music for a small group of people like themselves. and not explode onto the radio and MTV.
________
Live Sex Webshows (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

wliethof
11-25-2004, 12:51 PM
of course punk was never meant to get popular like it has now. nor was it ever made for the money and to be popular and have fans like all these pop punk bands are doing now. the old school punks just wanted to make music for a small group of people like themselves. and not explode onto the radio and MTV.

so, at the beginning, there were a few protopunks that said 'let's make punk, but we won't let it get a big mainstream thing'

SuperKnux
11-25-2004, 12:51 PM
"Punk" sucks. It's pretty funny when people think they are punk rock kiddos, because.. that means they take this cliche' trend a bit to seriously.

This goes along with the "gang mentality" people tend to have. It's no longer about indivduality and expressing yourself, and more like.. "Hey! That's a cool clique. I want to be one of those people."

But, if you want to be a punk, by all means go right ahead. Don't let people like me stop you from what you like to do.

Nina
11-25-2004, 01:00 PM
Punk is a music genre. it used to be more. but not anymore. yay&stuff.

SicN Twisted
11-25-2004, 01:01 PM
Punk is a dead subculture.

DirtyMagical
11-25-2004, 02:05 PM
punk is all about having that stick up your ass.

shatskater
11-25-2004, 02:21 PM
punk started out as music....then it went to fashion....then it went mainstream....but punk IS NOT dead, nor will it ever be dead. those new trends are hip hop rockers who think they are punks, a punk is, by Websters Dictionary "Of poor quality; worthless, A young person, especially a member of a rebellious counterculture group."

so obviously i just got my point across.
those of you who say those bands posted arent punk then i wish you the best as your pitiful bodies burn in hell.

Master of Puppets
11-25-2004, 04:05 PM
gay hyporcrites, the punk existence and actually the music and youth in general these days pisses me off

DirtyMagical
11-25-2004, 04:42 PM
"Punk" sucks. It's pretty funny when people think they are punk rock kiddos, because.. that means they take this cliche' trend a bit to seriously.

This goes along with the "gang mentality" people tend to have. It's no longer about indivduality and expressing yourself, and more like.. "Hey! That's a cool clique. I want to be one of those people."

But, if you want to be a punk, by all means go right ahead. Don't let people like me stop you from what you like to do.

you think you goths are better?

Layna
11-25-2004, 04:53 PM
Punk??well.................. Is it not a kind of music??I think that....but now its like a fashion and there are people wearing horrible clothes with many colors BUT there are persons with very nice clothes and they look very well.

DirtyMagical
11-25-2004, 05:09 PM
what the fuck is the problem with colors?

babycraze{Angie}
11-25-2004, 07:39 PM
alright, alright. punk started as music and it will forever stay as music, no fashion, no trend shit, it was the music. they might dress a certain way bcuz they didn't like wat other ppl wore, which punk music originated in Manchester i believe, if not, i still know for SURE that it came to be in sumwhere, England, that i KNOW FOR SURE! but that has nothing to do with it, to be a punk is only words, to be IN2 punk is the more to be said becuz u are actually stating wat it is. punk is music, and IT NEVA DIED U DAMN JACK-A-NITTYS! it started through music and it will neva die out becuz there will always be sum kids treated like shit by their parents and they'll want to sing it out, or was that like metal bands? wait no, nvm, that's more of metal on the "beating by ur parents" thing. no, i meant, there will always be sum kids that have no respect for the government, are treated like shit from other ppl who ARE snobby, and have to deal with hypocrites that will drive those kids to the point to make music for others who feel the same or already have that which have not gotten over it.

and that is just what i say and think, so don't go talking shit about it like sum damn reporters and shit.

The Cheshire Cat
11-25-2004, 08:02 PM
Being punk, or goth, or part of any other "alternative" group is easy. All you have to do is dress like everyone else in that group, listen to the same music, and act the same way. Then you have to claim that everyone else in that group is a poser and that everyone who's not in your group is a conformist.

ThrashedThrasher
11-25-2004, 08:09 PM
Hmm, I don't really have a definition for it. I don't give fuck either. I think people say I'm a punk because I stick out, but I live in a small town so you know I'm pretty damn shocking lookin'. I don't call myself a punk because I don't believe that I fit into that "stereotype" I'm just me and I love me. I'm an asshole, I have a bad temper, I dress like a "punk", I dress in an anti-fashionable type of way, I have piercings, my hair is always died and cut in some godawful way *I have a devil lock right now* I listen to punk but I also listen to a large variety of metal. So I don't know. If I were to call myself anything it'd be a "Snot" , which is my nickname.

babycraze{Angie}
11-25-2004, 08:15 PM
Hmm, I don't really have a deffinition for it. I don't give fuck either. I think people say I'm a punk because I stick out, but I live in a small town so you know I'm pretty damn shocking lookin'. I don't call myself a punk because I don't believe that I fit into that "stereotype" I'm just me and I love me. I'm an asshole, I have a bad temper, I dress like a "punk", I dress in an anti-fashionable type of way, I have piercings, my hair is always died and cut in some godawful way *I have a devil lock right now* I listen to punk but I also listen to a large variety of metal. So I don't know. If I were to call myself anything it'd be a "Snot" , which is my nickname.
LOL! nice nickname. im known as The Lady Of Unknown&Unseen Darkness,,,,,,AND DUN'T NOBODY BETTER BE TAKING MY NAME U FUCKIN' FREELOADING SON-OF-A-SHITS THAT CAN'T COME UP WITH UR OWN SHIT!

shatskater
11-25-2004, 08:43 PM
ok, agreed. punk started in music, and always will be music. but i dont agree with u, becuase the sex pistols started in 1977 and the ramones started in 1974, being that the ramones were the first punk rock band, who got alot of inspiration from iggy bop. both bands rock equally. but the ramones were the frist punk band. and you i agree with....it is easy to be a punk, goth, jock, etc. just do what they do and wear what they were and then state every1 else who is different is a conformist trend.....but then agian isnt everything a trend....i mean i wrote a song about trends.....comon....even being alive can be considered a trend....anywho i will tell u straight up. i am ME!! i listen to punk music, i hate the government, but better i wanna change it, i am an anarchist, i am an atheist. but i am NOT a trend. i am me, simple as that.

UgLy_eLf
11-25-2004, 09:00 PM
I can't believe some people are so preoccupied with useless labels.

shatskater
11-25-2004, 09:02 PM
agreed. i dont no why either.

!jessaye!
11-26-2004, 02:04 AM
Right now... i think punk is just another label. The true 'punks', in my opinion, aren't the ones who look the part whatever. They listen to the music they like, and it just happens to be the 'in thing' right now.

Meh i dont know what im talking about... :confused: why am i even posting on this thread when i know the least about it all?

*Hides back in corner* :p

Obie2trice
11-26-2004, 03:29 AM
Who cares if you can yourself a punk or not? Why should you belong to a group ?

babycraze{Angie}
11-26-2004, 05:56 PM
Who cares if you can yourself a punk or not? Why should you belong to a group ?
exactly! good answer bro :)

L2L1
11-26-2004, 06:06 PM
I think a punk is me. You skateboard play guitar dress different and listen to punkrock and wear a wristband.

wheelchairman
11-26-2004, 06:08 PM
I think a punk is me. You skateboard play guitar dress different and listen to punkrock and wear a wristband.
No, you're just a dumbass.

lousyskater
11-26-2004, 06:52 PM

i didn't know wearing a wristband and skateboarding automatically made someone punk.

Moose
11-26-2004, 10:05 PM
how about we first define the term punk.

if by punk means individualism

then that can only begin in the mind

and there are individuals, just not true individuals meaning my belief is everyone is influenced by things such as environment and people, so there really is no true individual, however being able to think and decide for yourself based on what is presented in your to you and your life experiences, sense experience if you will, may be a different issue and therefore that would make you an individual, while realizing no one is pure or perfect in any form.

however, punk has just been put down by some as a fad and by others another group or category to be listed under in society.

i believe its just another group and you are better off to consider yourself nothing, but is...the only thing to be is, is.

wheelchairman
11-27-2004, 03:41 AM
how about we first define the term punk.

if by punk means individualism

then that can only begin in the mind

and there are individuals, just not true individuals meaning my belief is everyone is influenced by things such as environment and people, so there really is no true individual, however being able to think and decide for yourself based on what is presented in your to you and your life experiences, sense experience if you will, may be a different issue and therefore that would make you an individual, while realizing no one is pure or perfect in any form.

however, punk has just been put down by some as a fad and by others another group or category to be listed under in society.

i believe its just another group and you are better off to consider yourself nothing, but is...the only thing to be is, is.

Your hypothesis on the definition of punk is incorrect Professor Moose.

Vera
11-27-2004, 03:49 AM
The favourite past time of every wannabe-punk is writing their own punk-manifestos and just generally being Greg Graffin.

This is punk (http://veracious.expunk.com/punxor-roxor/), study it up, kids.

punk_flamingo
11-27-2004, 05:56 AM
its not appearance - fuck I dont look remotely punk.

Infact, theres not really anything that makes you punk - reason my names punk_flamingo is kuz i like punk music

and yeah, we've had this thread....

Inshane
11-27-2004, 06:08 AM
The ones who say they know what punk is and call other people wannabe-punks are pathetic. Thats not only with the 'I am a real punk' people, everybody that thinks they know it all in this kind of subjects are actually stupid.

If a 12 year old likes to skate and thinks wristbands are just the thing to make you punk, let he/she believe whatever the fuck he/she want. They're 12, they probably have the need to be called something so they feel they belong somewhere. Why 'attack' those little kids by telling you are a real punk and they're the wannabes? Why do you have the need to say that to them, does that make you feel better? That makes you even more stupid.
Ofcourse some 12 year olds are annoying as hell (and can be real fakers). They are kids and are supposed to be annoying. But that has nothing to do with who you are as a person.

Vera
11-27-2004, 06:09 AM
This is punk (http://veracious.expunk.com/punxor-roxor/), study it up, kids.
The truth is hard, I know.

wheelchairman
11-27-2004, 06:59 AM
The ones who say they know what punk is and call other people wannabe-punks are pathetic. Thats not only with the 'I am a real punk' people, everybody that thinks they know it all in this kind of subjects are actually stupid.

Doesn't this make you the other side of the same coin?

babycraze{Angie}
11-27-2004, 07:07 AM

If a 12 year old likes to skate and thinks wristbands are just the thing to make you punk, let he/she believe whatever the fuck he/she want. They're 12, they probably have the need to be called something so they feel they belong somewhere. Why 'attack' those little kids by telling you are a real punk and they're the wannabes? Why do you have the need to say that to them, does that make you feel better? That makes you even more stupid.
Ofcourse some 12 year olds are annoying as hell (and can be real fakers). They are kids and are supposed to be annoying. But that has nothing to do with who you are as a person.

well, let me ask u this...do u consider me as what u had just said? cuz i am 12 u know, but that isn't my way of considering sum1 a punk, that's just stupid, all punk is (to me) the music, i listen to it a lot, but i listen to other genres of rock and other types of music aswell, punk isn't a person, it's the music.

Inshane
11-27-2004, 07:43 AM
Doesn't this make you the other side of the same coin?

the side that hates people who feel they are better than others, yes.

and to babycraze ; I was talking about people in general.

shatskater
11-27-2004, 10:07 AM
The truth is hard, I know.

whoever that dude is doesnt have any clue what punk is, i give him credit tho, he does like the offspring.

babycraze{Angie}
11-27-2004, 06:09 PM
the side that hates people who feel they are better than others, yes.

and to babycraze ; I was talking about people in general.
lol, i know u were, i was just asking, since u already know i am 12, do u consider me as part of that?

ThrashedThrasher
11-27-2004, 06:26 PM

All of ^^ that reminded me of some people at school, mostly chicks , 6th and 7th graders and some 8th graders. When I started sportin' band tees, wristbands, spiked bracelets, chains, dyed hair, piercings etc. I seemed to be the only one doing it, that goes the same way for music. Nobody knew who the hell The Ramones were and I'm pretty sure they still don't. When people started calling themselves almighty punks because they were wearing Converse or listened to GC I kept my mouth shut. I still do, except for when it comes to this one chick who seems to think that because I clash "styles" I need a good verbal beating. My friends whom are "loser" preps (They dress like one but they don't have that stuck up attitude) insist on telling me I started a trend. Which is partially true, Joe (an 8th grader when I was a 6th grader) was well a hypocritical fucktard. The day I walked into school with my lovely Chuck Taylors and bright green hair he's all like "you fucking poser!" I took shit from him all year. When he left I was the only..."different" person I can't walk through our ghetto fuckin' school without seein' someone with the exact same hairstyle, shirt, jeans, or whatever as me. I have yet to find someone who wears combat boots sinse that is what I now wear. Comes in handy when people want to fuck with me. I don't know, I hate people anywhere near my age not for their look or whatever but because they're immature as hell and annoying.

Moose
11-27-2004, 06:35 PM
Your hypothesis on the definition of punk is incorrect Professor Moose.

Well, I simply said if we were saying punk is individualism, however I would like to hear someone else's definition of punk. Seems to be very hard to define today, and in fact may never be truly defined. You could say it really began with politics and the sex pistols and then fun and crazy with the ramones and the twisted with the velvet underground.

Conclusion: An anarchist who has a mohawk, crazy ass clothes, and likes to watch midgets have sex while a monkey masturbates...

...maybe thats punk...

babycraze{Angie}
11-27-2004, 06:37 PM
All of ^^ that reminded me of some people at school, mostly chicks , 6th and 7th graders and some 8th graders. When I started sportin' band tees, wristbands, spiked bracelets, chains, dyed hair, piercings etc. I seemed to be the only one doing it, that goes the same way for music. Nobody knew who the hell The Ramones were and I'm pretty sure they still don't. When people started calling themselves almighty punks because they were wearing Converse or listened to GC I kept my mouth shut. I still do, except for when it comes to this one chick who seems to think that because I clash "styles" I need a good verbal beating. My friends whom are "loser" preps (They dress like one but they don't have that stuck up attitude) insist on telling me I started a trend. Which is partially true, Joe (an 8th grader when I was a 6th grader) was well a hypocritical fucktard. The day I walked into school with my lovely Chuck Taylors and bright green hair he's all like "you fucking poser!" I took shit from him all year. When he left I was the only..."different" person I can't walk through our ghetto fuckin' school without seein' someone with the exact same hairstyle, shirt, jeans, or whatever as me. I have yet to find someone who wears combat boots sinse that is what I now wear. Comes in handy when people want to fuck with me. I don't know, I hate people anywhere near my age not for their look or whatever but because they're immature as hell and annoying.
lol. nice story. btw......I LOVE THE CHUCK'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT EVERY SINGLE PAIR THEY HAVE OUT!!!!!! except the pink & yellow ones, well...mostly pink *shivers* i hate pink, fuckin' girly shit. I HATE GIRLY! but those gray/black ones look niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice, real badass! and u live in the ghetto? try my school, about maybe 10-15 ppl through 6th-8th graders (im in 7th grade so im one of them) like rock music (in general) and we all wear the wristbands, not so much hair thing, Chuck shoes, etc. and nobody says shit to us about it, well the lil 6th grade girls (which i call the Britney Spears wannabes wannabes*) fuckin' started talking shit about my best friend saying we look like freaks and shit, it's sad they can't say it to our faces since they're so short and weak cuz they know we can beat their asses with just 1 of us to beat ALL of their asses. i say to them when they walk by, " wow man, i never knew Britney came with her wannabe posse 2day. did yall know?" and we all start laughing at them. they walk away all fast about it too. :D damn lil retards

*that means "Britney Spears wannabes wannabes" is that they are the wannabes of trying to be part of the second-hand group of wannabe Britney Spears

i bet u ppl still don't understand me. *shakes head* o well. :cool:

Betty
11-27-2004, 06:42 PM
Oh man Vera... that page was hilarious.

ThrashedThrasher
11-27-2004, 06:47 PM
lol. nice story. btw......I LOVE THE CHUCK'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT EVERY SINGLE PAIR THEY HAVE OUT!!!!!! except the pink & yellow ones, well...mostly pink *shivers* i hate pink, fuckin' girly shit. I HATE GIRLY! but those gray/black ones look niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice, real badass! and u live in the ghetto? try my school, about maybe 10-15 ppl through 6th-8th graders (im in 7th grade so im one of them) like rock music (in general) and we all wear the wristbands, not so much hair thing, Chuck shoes, etc. and nobody says shit to us about it, well the lil 6th grade girls (which i call the Britney Spears wannabes wannabes*) fuckin' started talking shit about my best friend saying we look like freaks and shit, it's sad they can't say it to our faces since they're so short and weak cuz they know we can beat their asses with just 1 of us to beat ALL of their asses. i say to them when they walk by, " wow man, i never knew Britney came with her wannabe posse 2day. did yall know?" and we all start laughing at them. they walk away all fast about it too. :D damn lil retards

*that means "Britney Spears wannabes wannabes" is that they are the wannabes of trying to be part of the second-hand group of wannabe Britney Spears

i bet u ppl still don't understand me. *shakes head* o well. :cool:

Didn't say I lived in the ghetto. I meant ghetto as in my school is "ghetto" *rolls eyes* we have about 750 students enrolled here, 100 less than the highschool, we can't afford anything new our sports teams suck, our academic quality blows all there is to blow.

babycraze{Angie}
11-27-2004, 06:49 PM
Didn't say I lived in the ghetto. I meant ghetto as in my school is "ghetto" *rolls eyes* we have about 750 students enrolled here, 100 less than the highschool, we can't afford anything new our sports teams suck, our academic quality blows all there is to blow.
well i do live in the ghetto, and we have over 1,000 kids going to our school and it's only pre-school onto 8th grade!!!! and we still have kids on waiting lists wanting to attend our school. :cool:

latinospunkunidos
11-27-2004, 10:45 PM
fick off everyone.... punk is a dead culture.. a dead lifestyle.. a dead music.. that is trying to be back by some lame ass bands like goodcharlotte, simple plan, sum 41... whatever.... PUNK IS DEAD.... it was created to fight against what was happening at the time... thing changes.. so did punk..
go lick you pussys or balls.... sick of it all..... punk.is.dead.!!!!!!

shatskater
11-27-2004, 11:02 PM
see no evil
hear no evil
speak no evil
punk is good
punk is great
if you dont like it go masturbate.

DirtyMagical
11-28-2004, 01:10 AM
why is it, that everyone in this topic feels the need to explain and defend themselves?
wasn't punk also about confidence at some point?

punk_flamingo
11-28-2004, 01:17 AM
bah

why the fuck should it matter what clothes people wear.

i hate it when people say they set the trends in their school or they turn around to other people wearing the same thing and say "you fucking copied my style"

Everyone copied the greats from the 70s etc. Emokids are wearing converge and listening to crap like Dashboard Confessionals...but Emo's been around since hte late 80s...nobody gives it any thought nowadays.

its called the cycle of fashion. At the moment its punk, give it a few years it'll probably be grunge...then it'll go back to something else. Chill out, dont stress out about stupid things like what other people are wearing...theres no need too, everyones different in their own little way.

I too hate people who come up to me and say they like this band and that band and then you ask them about thier earlier stuff and they havent a clue as to what your on about. I deal with it though, we all started somewhere once - and within time they'll probably get into it OR grow out of it.

I've been into punk since I was around 6 years old, it doenst make me any different from someone who got into it around 16 years old. It doesnt make me any better, smarter or wiser. So fuck it...who gives a rats - you go to a gig, everone enjoys themselves...who cares what they wear.

Some people on this board should really grow up.

Vera
11-28-2004, 02:13 AM
Oh man Vera... that page was hilarious.
Thanks. I only wrote it to amuse myself. Kind of like the Hello Kitty Dildo-site, it cracks me up during late hours.

punk_flamingo
11-28-2004, 03:17 AM
Thanks. I only wrote it to amuse myself. Kind of like the Hello Kitty Dildo-site, it cracks me up during late hours.

Hello Kitty has Dildo's now? christ that cat gets everywhere....

Vera
11-28-2004, 03:27 AM
Merchandise queen (http://veracious.expunk.com/dildorescue/), that cat is.

punk_flamingo
11-28-2004, 04:35 AM
Ba Hahahahahahahahahahahhaa

saska de o...
11-28-2004, 04:40 AM
punk isn't dead....

Betty
11-28-2004, 02:27 PM

Your whole website entertains me immensely... like the FAQ on that... Silly Slags thing... So I will say thank you for making me laugh for 15 minutes.

ninth
11-28-2004, 09:57 PM
punk isn't dead....

Sit down, shut the fuck up, and slit your wrists already. That way you can go the way of your beloved subculture.

vintagepunkrock7
11-28-2004, 10:18 PM
ok so before i start i would just like to say that this is all just my opinion so please dont flame me for it. i think punk (as well as any other genre) is just a type of music that got turned turned into a fashion. dont get me wrong i like it as both, i just dont think its something anyone can be, i know it sounds stupid and cliche, but i think all anyone can be is themselves.

Vera
11-29-2004, 06:12 AM
Your whole website entertains me immensely... like the FAQ on that... Silly Slags thing... So I will say thank you for making me laugh for 15 minutes.
You're welcome. I aim to please.

DirtyMagical
11-29-2004, 07:55 AM
Merchandise queen (http://veracious.expunk.com/dildorescue/), that cat is.

I thought it was you and sunny together that made that website, right?

I remember seeing it a long time ago, fucking awesome!

JoY
11-29-2004, 07:56 AM
that entire website is ace. it's in my Favorites. *thumbs up*

Vera
11-29-2004, 08:26 AM
Yes, by me & Sunny.

Thanks, Bella. Yay for people liking my site. :]

Hypodermic_89
09-19-2005, 12:56 AM
I'm doin' my part by being an anarchist, skateboarding, ignoring authority and taking shit from no one. and listening to music of course

ninthlayer
09-19-2005, 01:02 AM
Sit down, shut the fuck up, and slit your wrists already. That way you can go the way of your beloved subculture.
That guy had it right. Hypodermic, go and do as he says.

offspringrammsteinfan
09-19-2005, 01:48 AM
For you, what does it mean to be a "punk"?

Is it just a gap? a tendency? wear a kind of clothes? listen to a kind of music? know how to skateboard? or is it something more? and.. if it is.. what is "it" ?

an joke !!

Sin Studly
09-19-2005, 03:44 AM
You should hang yourself. Suicide is totally punx.

notoriousdoc
09-19-2005, 04:42 AM
Punk is a way of thinking, not clothes, lifestyle whatever. Punk is thinking the opposite way of everyone else, and it's been fucked up by pop culture

grunge
09-19-2005, 05:10 AM
Punk is just a label

Yatesy
09-19-2005, 05:13 AM
Punk is a bunch of idiots, who think trashing their local McDonalds is anarchy.

offspringrammsteinfan
09-19-2005, 05:33 AM
Come on punk is an Joke.

I think Uncle E can tell u it the best:

Dear Uncle E,

Nobody at my school has ever heard of The Eels. It seems the only thing they ever talk about is AC/DC and 80's "punk-rockers." It also seems that my "taste" in music has earned me no friends. They also find it "gay" that I play a "keyboard." Maybe if I start listening to shit I can have friends. I'm not sure. Should I ditch my Farfisa and take up electric guitar and start listening to 80's music?

P

Dear P,
Uncle E hates to break it to you, but he quite enjoys the AC/DC group and believes that punk rock was the only good thing about the '80s. Still, nothing gets Uncle E's goat like dumb ass, point-missing teenage snobs. Uncle E noticed the mistake the original punk rock school kids were making back in the '80s (yes, he was alive then): they all thought they were being so INDIVIDUAL but they were all dressing like EACH OTHER, and listening only to what each other thought was cool. Oh, brother! Uncle E is interested in the true individual. Don't change a thing that doesn't come naturally to you. The world doesn't need any more watered-down trend followers. But it does need more Farfisa.

Camilamazed
09-19-2005, 08:17 AM
That's something I have never figured out.... My friends always get into discussions about it and always get nowhere...

Sin Studly
09-19-2005, 08:31 AM
Because it's pretentious and retarded. Seriously, the real definition of punk is getting buttfucked in prison by your boss jocker.