PDA

View Full Version : Irrecoverably lost

the_GoDdEsS
10-04-2005, 09:56 AM
Don't you hate the feeling of giving something away, selling it, losing it or simply throwing it away and suddenly out of whatever known or unknown reason really, really desperately wanting or needing it back?

I get this a lot recently since I got rid of so many things when I was moving. Books and all kinds of stuff I was sure I wouldn't need any more and now I do. And the absolutely worst realisation is that the picture that used to hang in my grandmother's apartment before she sold it and everything with it two years ago would have been so beautiful in my bedroom. It's a sea/ocean, some rocks, dark blue and with the most beautiful thunderstorm painted. And it was big and I bet it cost a lot. I desperately want it.

Tizzalicious
10-04-2005, 09:58 AM
Oh yes. And I hate it.

There are also these things where I forgot that I had them...simply because I didn't use them for a while, and then when I remembered, I have NO idea where they are...they are just...GONE.

Or things that I lost AGES ago, and I suddenly remember, and when I do I get really annoyed//sad about losing them again, even though it's so long ago.

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-04-2005, 09:58 AM
One of the worst feelings ever. I've had that when I've been looking for something, only to find it's been got rid of, or whatever. At least when you're looking for something you know it's there.. you just don't know where.

I feel your pain.

the_GoDdEsS
10-04-2005, 10:00 AM
One of the worst feelings ever. I've had that when I've been looking for something, only to find it's been got rid of, or whatever. At least when you're looking for something you know it's there.. you just don't know where.

I feel your pain.

Oh, that's pretty frustrating.

Izie
10-04-2005, 10:03 AM
Only sometimes, and only with really personal items. Most things I don't give a shit about anyway :p

However, my ability to organize my life enables me to always be able to find everything I need *smile*. I'm so anal sometimes.

Except for my lipbalm. I'm ALWAYS losing my lipbalm. I don't even know where it is right now. Grrr.

killer_queen
10-04-2005, 11:03 AM
I'm feeling those things for a month. I guess we're moving out a few weeks later and I still can't accept it. Losing the house that I've spent 10 years, knowing that I can never sleep in that room is awful. Also we are moving a smaller house so my mom is forcing me throw my stuffs like old toys, childhood dresses, etc. Fortunately my parents never throw books away. We still keep the books which were bought when my dad was a little child.

Preocupado
10-04-2005, 11:28 AM
I feel exactly the same about my father's cd The Wall, by Pink Floyd. I sold it to a classmate when i was in highschool because, by then, i hated my father.

The good thing is i kept his AmberVision glasses.

I love em now! http://www.telebrandsindia.com/images/ambervision_tn.gif

the_GoDdEsS
10-04-2005, 11:38 AM
Hahaha. That kinda sucks.

Trippy
10-04-2005, 11:41 AM
don't hate it. it's the memories in my head that counts, all the crap deserves to be thrown away.

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-04-2005, 11:42 AM
don't hate it. it's the memories in my head that counts, all the crap deserves to be thrown away.

You don't remember all your memories. Some objects have memories attatched to them that you don't remember until you find said object.

ruroken
10-04-2005, 12:21 PM
There's a lot of stuff that I wanted back, but then I realize that I wouldn't be as happy with it as I think I would be. But, hell, I'm just greedy.

Kerr
10-04-2005, 12:29 PM
Yeah I see what you mean. I sometimes let go of the smaller things I need and find that I could have done with it. Damn annoying, that.

China Boy
10-04-2005, 12:42 PM
My solution to the problem is that I keep everything. But I'm going to have to stop with that soon, as my house is full with stuff, 70% of it is just pure junk that I'll probably never use again.

HeadAroundU
10-04-2005, 12:50 PM
I lost my virginity with my left hand.
I can't bring it back :(