PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy: Advent Children

Gordie
10-04-2005, 12:51 PM
ps. im back, bitches;

i just finished watching this movie about 2 minutes ago, and all i have to say; is WOW.

I have this wierd obsession with final fantasy 7, above all other of the titles. i dont know what exactly it is about the game, but it had one of the greatest story lines ive ever encountered; but then again i dont play a whole lot of RPG's or video games for that matter, so please refrain from the flaming. So when i heard there was a movie going to be released, i was extatic.. but it was pushed back, and pushed back.. soon i lost all hope, and then one day my buddy was like, man they released it in japan.. so i immediatley went and downloaded a copy off bittorrent, got the subtitles for it, and watched it. I suggest to any final fantasy fans, to find a copy of it, because its nothing short of spectacular the way the graphics go, storyline however didnt hit quite as hard, it was more confusing for a while than anything, but it all kind of came together at the end, dialogue was a bit weak, but the sound score was amazing.. all in all, it gave me shivers, and i want to watch it again, right now.

anyone else have thoughts about the movie?

ruroken
10-04-2005, 01:13 PM
Who the hell are you?

Can you send it to me?

Paint_It_Black
10-04-2005, 03:51 PM
I think you want to talk to Vera.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
10-04-2005, 03:52 PM
I saw it. It's fucking awesome. AWESOME. The plot's kinda weird. BUT IT'S AWESOME. 'Nuff said.

Amanda
10-04-2005, 03:52 PM
There's already a thread about Advent Children.

Vera
10-05-2005, 03:22 AM
My thoughts are similar to yours, Gordie.

Pretty graphics, some funny scenes, but plot was so disappointing.

Gordie
10-05-2005, 07:55 PM
My thoughts are similar to yours, Gordie.

Pretty graphics, some funny scenes, but plot was so disappointing.

compared to the FF7 original plot; yea it was. but you cant complain when you have the greatest computer graphics of alll time

Vera
10-06-2005, 03:52 AM
Well, I was expecting something better but when I watched it, I was just gasping and fangirling the graphics too much to pay attention to the lameness of the plot.

Plus the Turks were so awesome.

skiddles824
05-06-2006, 12:12 PM
man i found this and it makes me piss my pants
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWJUCNSPktI

mrconeman
05-06-2006, 02:23 PM
I wouldnt call the plot lame, in the slightest, the story was actually pretty great, anyone comparing it to the game is being silly. The game you could EASILY spend over 100 hours playing it (hell ive been playing it for what, 9 years now?) the movie had 1 hour and 40 minutes to deliver a story, and it did it quite well. At first I was also disapointed in the story, but after about 5 watches I peiced it together fully in my head and its friggen awesome.
And whats all this about release dates and downloads, its out on DVD everywhere already. I live in Ireland and I bought it.

Rinoa
05-06-2006, 02:40 PM
Yeah, it's out on DVD. Buy it for crying out loud! You don't have to mess about with subtitles because the DVD has English dialogue.

Advent Children was totally mind-blowing. The scene where the whole group are fighting Bahamut is absolutely amazing. The atmosphere of the game is definitely present in that part of the film. Only thing I was mildly disappointed about was Red XIII's voice and one-liner. Also I'm not quite sure if I've taken to Cait Sith's Scottish accent yet (that was quite a shock to the system!), but it's cute.

My verdict:

Graphics: 10/10
Plot: 10/10
Dialogue/Voices: 7/10
Music: 10/10

Overall? Definitely a 10 out of 10.

mrconeman
05-06-2006, 03:00 PM
I had two disapointments, pretty minor things like, but just two things I would like to have seen happen.
I would have completely loved if they had explored more of the planet and seen more of the familier sites of the game other than Midgar and that cliff Zack died on, and the church of course.
I mean, seriously, could you imagine what somewere like Wutai would look like or Mt Nibel *orgasms at the thought*.
Secondly, The Turks,

*kind of spoilery ahead*

I didnt like how in every encounter they got there asses handed to them, Loz and Yazoo, fair enough I can understand them winning over Reno and Rude a little, but I mean, they barely even got to put up a fight. And The Turks were used for way to much comic releif, yeah...some of it actually was funny, but they werent really comic releif characters in the game (o.k, so they were a little, but the movie over does it a bit)
Elena and Tseng aswell, they werent in it nearly enough. and when they were they were getting their asses handed to them.
That bit with the bomb on the high road thing was kick ass though.

*end of spoilers*

Other than that though, its definatly a fucking amazing film.
Graphics: 100000/10
Plot: 9.5/10
Dialogue/Voices: 7/10 a little hard to rate
Music: 10000000000000000000000000000000000/10

Evka.pl
05-06-2006, 03:01 PM
i loved the movie too. unfortunately i had the original japanese version (no english or polish subtitles). but it rocks anyway. however my fav FF gmae is FFVIII.

Rinoa
05-06-2006, 03:32 PM
I would have loved to have seen Cosmo Canyon in the film. Oh, and a chocobo of course! But I guess we can't have everything.

I just hope they pull off these new FFVII games as well as they did with the film. I've always been dead against having any spin-offs or sequels incase it didn't live up to FFVII. It is, afterall, the most amazing game and story I have ever come across.

mrconeman
05-06-2006, 03:47 PM
No doubt I was even slightly afraid of Advent Children before watching it, I hated the idea at first because as mentioned, FF7 does have the greatest story I have ever read/watched/played ever and I didnt know if they could live up to it. Dirge of Cerebus is looking mighty sexy though. At first I wasnt sure, but after some trailer veiwing and all the rest of the gang being in the game, I cant wait for it, I hope its as awesome as it looks.

Rinoa
05-06-2006, 05:23 PM
I'm not totally convinced by Dirge of Cerberus' trailers yet... Don't get me wrong, it looks graphically impressive, but I don't know if a shooter can pull it off. I'm just hoping I'm totally wrong.

The one I am quite looking forward to though, is Crisis Core. I like the way they've made it anime-based. It looks quite intriguing especially as it's pre-FF7 and is based on Zack.

Vera
05-07-2006, 02:58 AM
Pfffft, mrconeman, I'm a Turks fan and I wasn't disappointed in the slightest with them in this movie.

They're very much the comedic relief in the movie. I mean, they talk big but they're ridiculously easy to beat in every single fight and they always just run off like a bunch of pussies. I mean, I love them but I also enjoy laughing at them.

Willis
05-07-2006, 07:18 AM
I'm not totally convinced by Dirge of Cerberus' trailers yet... Don't get me wrong, it looks graphically impressive, but I don't know if a shooter can pull it off. I'm just hoping I'm totally wrong.

If you've ever plain devil may cry dirge of cerberus is ment to be a lot like that and plus it has the best playable charcter ever made in final fantasy history. Well second best if you count the 20 seconds as sephiroth.

skiddles824
05-07-2006, 11:59 AM
man if you guys like advent children search up clouds dream theres 3 movies making fun of it there awsome(ps one of thems the one that made me piss my pants :p )

Rinoa
05-07-2006, 04:27 PM
If you've ever plain devil may cry dirge of cerberus is ment to be a lot like that and plus it has the best playable charcter ever made in final fantasy history. Well second best if you count the 20 seconds as sephiroth.

Yeah, I've played Devil May Cry, and I liked it. Only problem is Devil May Cry and Final Fantasy VII are two totally different games. Where Final Fantasy relies on story, Devil May Cry doesn't. That's why I don't have high expectations of DoC... I don't want to see a FFVII spin off fail because of a poor storyline.

ruroken
05-25-2006, 09:47 AM
I think the movie sucked and too many random things happened in it. Plus they mixed too much FFX in it.