PDA

View Full Version : Where does this leave The Offspring?

Ceejio21
10-06-2005, 12:03 PM
Hey people!

Haven't posted for a while but in the light of this new Tom DeLonge band 'Angels and Airwaves' I felt as though I had something to say. Where will/what effect will Atom joining up for this side project have on The Offspring?

I'm not sure how much you've all read into Angels and Airwaves but from what DeLonge was saying about his new band he's pretty much said that they're gonna make music history and that they're pretty much gonna be the biggest band in the world. I dunno, maybe it is over confidence but what if they really do take off then Atom is gonna be away for a long, long time especially when it comes to touring. It was estimated that their album will be out in Spring so surely that'd mean Atom devoting all of his time after the Japan tour with them rather than laying down the drums on The Offsprings rumoured new album. Okay so I'm sure Dexter could hook up with Josh Freese aagin for the new album but Atom has really had an positive impact on the fans and has become an integral band member.

It'd be a shame if it all ended here. My main concern/worst case scenario would be if after the Japan tour Atom went away to record and Dexter and co felt as though they dont wanna have to go after a new drummer and hassle again of auditioning so they decide to call it a day.

Any views?

Ceejio21

notoriousdoc
10-06-2005, 12:06 PM
I'm not sure how much you've all read into Angels and Airwaves but from what DeLonge was saying about his new band he's pretty much said that they're gonna make music history and that they're pretty much gonna be the biggest band in the world.
I hope, from this one sentence, that the entire thing falls on it's face

brothadave79
10-06-2005, 12:20 PM
Maybe they'll tour with the Offspring and Atom will play double shows. Hell, he's got the energy for it. Seriously doubt it, though.

Zee
10-06-2005, 12:27 PM
Good question, very good question. For shame the previous thread got locked due to that "they would have been said on Offspring.com if Atom was canning the Offspring. And there's not, so...there we go. Thread closed." Sorry, but I might as well tell you that vater.com knew Ron's leaving almost half a year before Offspring announced it. Never trust that Offspring.com would be first to deliver news. And of course if Atom would be leaving the band it wouldn't be announced yet, he still got shows to do and the thing is not topical enough yet. Speculating is fun besides...

Offspring will make more albums no matter what, but will Atom continue is another question. Tom thought that AaA could be the biggest American rock band in a few years, challenging score. They schedule to release their album next spring, which the Offspring is also trying to do. If they both release their albums at the same time, then you don't play at the Offspring and Angels And Airvawes at the same time, but we'll see... Tom seems to be pretty serious with the band so it's not supposed to be some little side project.

Original prankstA
10-06-2005, 01:34 PM
tom dueshbag is on crack if they make music history ill shoot myself

Sinister
10-06-2005, 01:37 PM
I'm pretty sure they can make deals such as touring either together, or one after the other, or stuff like that. if I remember correctly, Noodles also has a side project of some sort and it's all fine. but I'm not sure about Noodles' side project.

Original prankstA
10-06-2005, 01:43 PM
well there is a difference between band and side project but your right they could tour together

bouncingcoles
10-06-2005, 03:53 PM
If Tom Delonge thinks they are going to make music history and they are going to be the biggest band in the world he most have really lost it. i hope he was kidding. if atom leaves offspring because of Toms band he will burn in hell with Tom. fuck Tom.

bouncingcoles
10-06-2005, 03:53 PM
tom dueshbag is on crack if they make music history ill shoot myself

i agree.....

Little_Miss_1565
10-06-2005, 08:05 PM
Good question, very good question. For shame the previous thread got locked due to that "they would have been said on Offspring.com if Atom was canning the Offspring. And there's not, so...there we go. Thread closed." Sorry, but I might as well tell you that vater.com knew Ron's leaving almost half a year before Offspring announced it. Never trust that Offspring.com would be first to deliver news. And of course if Atom would be leaving the band it wouldn't be announced yet, he still got shows to do and the thing is not topical enough yet. Speculating is fun besides...

Then can the speculation be confined to just a small handful of threads, or better yet just one, rather than the roughly 8091283470981277347837455 we have now? That is what necessitates the thread closings.