PDA

View Full Version : brixton academy concert review

bouncingcoles
10-06-2005, 08:02 PM
Offspring live at The Brixton Academy , London.
16 Sept 2005

The last year has been a pretty quiet one for Offspring or maybe it appears that way after their American punk rock chums Green Day have taken all the glory.

The need not worry of course what with over 30 million albums sold and two sold out Brixton Academy shows on this current UK tour.

From the start it is pogo a go go as the kids down front jump around to every song. Does not seem to matter than Offsprings founder members Noodles and Dexter are old enough to be the fathers of most of the crowd in here tonight. Catchy simple pop punks it is what we get from Offspring like " Smash" and "Original Prankster " and the heat in the building is getting hotter and hotter as sweat covered teenagers really let their hair down.

Best songs of the night were stunning versions of " Why Dont You Get A Job" and "Pretty Fly For A White Guy" which like most of set in on their current "Greatest Hits " album .

After a fast and furious 80 mins it was all over but enjoyable it certainly was.

Marc Stevens

Evka.pl
10-07-2005, 09:02 AM
Offspring live at The Brixton Academy , London.
16 Sept 2005

Catchy simple pop punks it is what we get from Offspring like " Smash" and "Original Prankster " Marc Stevens

pop punk???? avril lavinge is pop punk ....ozzy's osbourn's doughter (4got her name) is pop punk. but offspring is certainly NOT pop punk!

Dirty Bertie
10-07-2005, 02:08 PM
Best songs of the night were stunning versions of " Why Dont You Get A Job" and "Pretty Fly For A White Guy" which like most of set in on their current "Greatest Hits " album .

Best Songs???? " Why Dont You Get A Job" and "Pretty Fly For A White Guy" :eek: -
Another stupid reviewer!!!

StayInTheHouseCarl
10-08-2005, 01:36 AM
most of the mainstream punk bands are called pop-punk...popULAR punk

Evka.pl
10-08-2005, 02:51 AM
most of the mainstream punk bands are called pop-punk...popULAR punk

i find pop-punk as a connection of pop-music and punk which offspring is not.
i know punk is popular but when metallica was super popular did that mean it was pop-metal? no.

I wont park next 2 Da Hui
10-08-2005, 03:38 AM
It was the best show I'd seen them in, I've seen them 3 times and I'm only 16 Marc..but you're wrong with the best songs..

Self Esteem, Kids Aren't Alright, All I Want and Staring at the Sun were by far the best and without a doubt had the best moshing id ever seen at the academy!

dirty_magic
10-08-2005, 03:50 AM
best songs for me were smash, gotta get away, have you ever, gone away and kids arent alright o and bad habit and all i want and why not add in cant repeat and americana and of course pay the man, staring at the sun, walla walla and few others

StayInTheHouseCarl
10-08-2005, 01:53 PM
i dont see them as pop punk either, but its what the media likes to call them.

nameless
10-08-2005, 06:36 PM
they didnt play original prankster did they?!

Nirushika6789
10-08-2005, 06:38 PM
they didnt play original prankster did they?!
nope...at none of the UK gigs

o.c.c
10-09-2005, 01:45 PM
where is brixton about