PDA

View Full Version : Articles in The Offspring General Chat section

Kitten
10-06-2005, 09:48 PM
Can we sticky a topic to be reserved for articles? That way, when people want to put one up, they can add the link or the text to the stickied topic.

barangatang
10-06-2005, 09:51 PM
thats a great Idea, there has been sooo many "OMGAZ I gOT thE forbidden offpsrnig arytickel!!!~~~~~~~~~~~@!" threads.

Kitten
10-06-2005, 09:53 PM
I'm a bit unsure what you mean. Articles is too broad a word.

I mena that it has to be from a legitimate source. No JPG's or BMP's of articles, just links and text if it can bve verified.

barangatang
10-06-2005, 09:55 PM
I'm a bit unsure what you mean. Articles is too broad a word.

Like articles in magazines about the offspring. Nirushikaka has made tons of them.

Kitten
10-06-2005, 09:58 PM
Like articles in magazines about the offspring. Nirushikaka has made tons of them.

Link to the web address only. pictures take too long to load for some people, and a whole page of them would be a pain in the ass.

Kitten
10-06-2005, 10:16 PM
In addition, maybe a reviews thread in the Tour Talk. You know, reviews of shows by newspapers and the like. Same rules as above.

Kitten
10-07-2005, 09:26 AM
If I understand what you're saying, then it should be in GOD. And I see no need for a sticky, a continually revived thread would be fine.

Well the thing is, that doesn't appear to be happening.

Nirushika6789
10-07-2005, 09:30 AM
Like articles in magazines about the offspring. Nirushika has made tons of them.
oops...sorry about that

i just wanted to share them with some people

and i dont know about this idea because when the thread is revived people could think it is just someone commenting on an earlier article and miss out on something...

i dont see anything wrong with making threads with articles on them....it makes them stand out and for people to get a change to see/read them

Kitten
10-07-2005, 09:37 AM
oops...sorry about that

i just wanted to share them with some people

and i dont know about this idea because when the thread is revived people could think it is just someone commenting on an earlier article and miss out on something...

i dont see anything wrong with making threads with articles on them....it makes them stand out and for people to get a change to see/read them

It's pretty redudant when people read the same article five times trying to put a new one because no one thinks it's been done before.
As for the reviving thread, that's not what I am suggesting at all, TTIG suggested that.

Nirushika6789
10-07-2005, 09:42 AM
It's pretty redudant when people read the same article five times trying to put a new one because no one thinks it's been done before.
As for the reviving thread, that's not what I am suggesting at all, TTIG suggested that.
yes but before i put up an article its usually when a group of people have been looking and said so in another thread...so i post it so as they and other people can see it..I see nothing wrong with this and when the thread falls into the background then its over...but at the 2 days max when it is at the top i dont see how it is bothering anyone....if you haveseen the article before then you dont have to read it or save it..when I post it i always say what it is about it the title so people will know whether they have read it or not before clicking it

Kitten
10-07-2005, 07:56 PM
yes but before i put up an article its usually when a group of people have been looking and said so in another thread...so i post it so as they and other people can see it..I see nothing wrong with this and when the thread falls into the background then its over...but at the 2 days max when it is at the top i dont see how it is bothering anyone....if you haveseen the article before then you dont have to read it or save it..when I post it i always say what it is about it the title so people will know whether they have read it or not before clicking it

Yes, but if everyone could just go to the last page n the articles thread, they can see new ones, go and check out old ones, and it prevents people asking after certain articles, because they can go through the thread and find the one they are after. You also have to remember there will be new people curious about Offspring articles.