PDA

View Full Version : Next to You

IdiotOfTheDay
10-07-2005, 09:48 AM
Yeah yeah, Next To You on the radio is old news by now, but I found the way the jocks at my local station were talking about just so funny, I had to make the millionth thread.
So I listen to a station called 105.9 The Buzz, check it out at 1059thebuzz.com, it's pretty kick-ass, and two of the jocks, Mike Watt and Sideshow Dan, were in the studio last night doing their thing and they played it at about 11.30 last night. Mike Watt joked about how it's funny that rockstar Dexter would be saying something like that when he's been around for quite a while and is probably getting boned by a ton of chicks. So then they played another song, and after that song both of them came on and started talking about the song. Sideshow had found a clip of the Police's version of the song, and they played that.

Mike Watt: "whoa, I can't believe Dexter can...can emulate Sting's voice like that! Listen--" He played the Police clip again, then the Offspring clip. "See--the only place Dexter doesn't sound like Sting is...is right there--" he played the last part of the Next To You chorus, where Dexter does one of his trademark "yeah"'s.
Sideshow Dan: "It's like..it's like someone Photoshopped the Offspring's heads....onto...the Police's bodies..."

Mike plays the Offspring clip again.
"Oh my God! What version is it!
Sideshow Dan: "I dunno! I can only tell because one is on CD and one's on vinyl!" At least, I think he said vinyl, I can't really remember...

It was really funny the way they were talking about it too, seeing as it was 11.30 at night and they were barely awake.

Also, about a week ago, Mike Watt was complaining about how the Offspring website said DJs had just "picked up" on the song. He said that it was "more like it involved state dinners" and stuff like that. What do you guys think about that?

Anyway, I thought I just share this insanity with you guys. Comments like the ones above are why I listen to this station. Plus they play really kick-ass music. xD

Evka.pl
10-07-2005, 09:57 AM
hehe that's pretty funny.
i like offspring's version of next to you, cause it's so DIFFERENT from the original version:) and it's cool.

Nirushika6789
10-07-2005, 10:04 AM
thats funny...hahah can u just imagine dexters head on stings body? HA! what an image

Slim Pickens The Bomb Rider
10-07-2005, 10:13 AM
Yeah that's funny. I like the song alot!!! Can't stop listening to it

platinumpt
10-07-2005, 10:47 AM
Great radio comment, I liked that. I have nothing to add though :\

StayInTheHouseCarl
10-07-2005, 10:52 AM
it probably meant the label had to do a lot of coaxing (coughcoughMONEYcoughcough) to get the stations to pay it.
kroq still hasnt picked it up. thats says something.

IdiotOfTheDay
10-07-2005, 04:14 PM
thats funny...hahah can u just imagine dexters head on stings body? HA! what an image
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/shackles_of_fear/dexsting.png

You weren't kidding. xD
Those images are totally disproportioned...it turned out really funny...and the Sting picture, he was taking a picture with someone, so that just adds to the hilarity.
yeah, I'm REALLY bored.

Sinister
10-07-2005, 04:31 PM
So I listen to a station called 105.9 The Buzz

there's a radio station (edit: actually a morning "show" from a station called Energy) called The Buzz here too ! :D
it's 98.9 FM.

Offspring-Fanatic
10-07-2005, 06:37 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/shackles_of_fear/dexsting.png

You weren't kidding. xD
Those images are totally disproportioned...it turned out really funny...and the Sting picture, he was taking a picture with someone, so that just adds to the hilarity.
yeah, I'm REALLY bored.

you are wonderful