PDA

View Full Version : Alexander - the new Oliver Stone movie.

Vera
11-26-2004, 10:24 AM
I hear it's rather crap so I most probably won't be seeing it unless there is some serious gay action.

So here's what I want you to do. Go see it, tell me if they make out or not, post it here and watch me be grateful to you.

HornyPope
11-26-2004, 10:26 AM
They cut all the gay stuff. :(

I know Ozy will be dissapointed... for one because the lack of gayness (save for the dialogues) and two because it's not a typical Oliver Stone movie by what his fans came to expect.

Vera
11-26-2004, 10:29 AM
Seriously?

Motherfuckers.

Speaking of which, I heard there are some incestuous undertones because Alexander's mom is played by Angelina Jolie. Eurgh. >_<

I mean, yes, Jolie very hot and all, but incest, eurgh.

Izie
11-26-2004, 11:16 AM
They cut all the gay stuff. :(

I know Ozy will be dissapointed... for one because the lack of gayness (save for the dialogues) and two because it's not a typical Oliver Stone movie by what his fans came to expect.

Thay did not! Damn! I wanted to see! Damn damn damn!

I will see it, most likely, as we're higly into Divx here... I'll let ya know what it's like when a decent copy comes out ;)

And Angelina = hot.
Incest = not, but so is life.

SicN Twisted
11-26-2004, 11:18 AM
It wasn't that bad. I actually think it was better then most Oliver Stone, but that's because I consider most Oliver Stone to be introverted pretentious crap, like all those movies about presidents and the Doors.

HornyPope
11-26-2004, 11:26 AM
Screeners are lame. Wait for a DVD rip -- it will have the deleted gay scenes for sure. There was no incest in the movie. At least nothing shocking. Wouldn't know how the real story is like conserning this particular issue between Alexander and his mom.

I don't consider his stuff pretentious, from what i've seen at least, though it's certainly a unique filmography, but Oliver Stone had a lot of good production/writer credits elswhere if that's what you're looking for. Scarface comes to mind. Or Conan the Barbarian.

Izie
11-26-2004, 11:29 AM
Screeners are lame. Wait for a DVD rip -- it will have the deleted gay scenes for sure. There was no incest in the movie. At least nothing shocking. Wouldn't know how the real story is like conserning this particular issue between Alexander and his mom.

I don't consider his stuff pretentious, from what i've seen at least, though it's certainly a unique filmography, but Oliver Stone had a lot of good production/writer credits elswhere if that's what you're looking for. Scarface comes to mind. Or Conan the Barbarian.

From what I know, there have been some rumours about an actual incestuous relationship with his mother, but those were just rumours, for obvious reasons...

And yeah, a DVD rip would be cool, but it'll take long to get it I think :/ And I'm sure we can get uncut screeners... They have to be showing somewhere... I hope.

Vera
11-26-2004, 11:31 AM
Undertones means there's like ..incestuous vibes. That are just not cool.

I hear Colin Farrell just didn't fit the role.

Izie
11-26-2004, 11:37 AM
Undertones means there's like ..incestuous vibes. That are just not cool.

I hear Colin Farrell just didn't fit the role.

I didn't hear much about it, but from what I remember, Alexander was the light type - blond hait, blue eyes... Farrell isn't. I know they dyed his hair, but it's not the same. Besides, he was, according to portraits, not really the type that Farrell is...

Vera
11-26-2004, 11:42 AM
Ahh, I meant "fit the role" as in "couldn't quite step into Alexander's shoes" as the role is difficult as Alexander is historical figure we know a lot about but yet we don't know what's legend and what's fact, so it's hard to portray that sort of a character.

Plus Alexander was a great leader, a great warrior, what's behind all that... Basically I've heard Farrell just couldn't capture the character too well.

Izie
11-26-2004, 11:51 AM
Ahh, I meant "fit the role" as in "couldn't quite step into Alexander's shoes" as the role is difficult as Alexander is historical figure we know a lot about but yet we don't know what's legend and what's fact, so it's hard to portray that sort of a character.

Plus Alexander was a great leader, a great warrior, what's behind all that... Basically I've heard Farrell just couldn't capture the character too well.

Yeah, that too, but I haven't seen the movie, so I don't know about that, just about the looks.

Our history teacher had somewhat of an Alexander obsesion, we red up about him a lot, and he was shown in suc different ways... It's not a big wonder Farrell couldn't do it, I don't know many actors who could.

Because, apart from great leader, great warrior, he was often shown as very intelligent, and extremely complex in relationships to all the people surrounding him... A great legend, but with an awful temper, hehe.

(random note) I'm SO gonna start reading stuff again. Espacially since I fell in love with our library at the uni. All the history/religion/sociology/philosophy books... Oh yes, I am!

HornyPope
11-26-2004, 11:51 AM
There were no portraits at the time, only sculptures. And they were all made nearly the identical way, hence the idiotic misconception that famous greek warriors were blue-eyed, blonde, atheletic figures. Not to take anything from Alexander of course.

Izie
11-26-2004, 11:55 AM
Technically, the Greeks could have been that way, for all you know... The current Greeks are quite mixed with the Turks now, thus their dark hair/skin... We can't really know what they were like in the ancient times, since all we have is teir own, possibly not that correct data.

And I never thought he was athletic :/

HornyPope
11-26-2004, 12:04 PM
That's what i'm saying. There is very little way to know so all the stories about light skinned Alexander are probably tales of people who wanted to make him look good.

Izie
11-26-2004, 12:08 PM
All I said is the data I got from reading up/watching slides. Never said it was completely correct, as I never could for almost any historical fact.

I'm a strange history freak :/

I've always wondered though, how the Greeks (and any other old nations in general) got their "ideal" of beauty. Ignore this comment though, it's completely unrelated to Alexander, the movie or the actual person.

HornyPope
11-26-2004, 12:11 PM
Interesting question. Wouldn't know the answer to that however, i'm afraid.

Vera
11-26-2004, 12:11 PM
Ooh, but it's interesting. I still remember the slides shown during Art History lessons of Greek/Hellenic art, especially statues.

Those things are so lovely.

Izie
11-26-2004, 12:17 PM
Nobody really knows the answer.
I've had a theory about them meeting the northern people and thinking they were the gods and then liking them a lot... But that's only if the Greeks weren't originally blond. If they were, maybe they just molded it all according to someone they found beautiful.

Bah, I like strange theories.

And I loved the history slides! Especially art history ones! So cute!

And Ancient history was always my favourite part anyway :)

Little_Miss_1565
11-26-2004, 03:12 PM
I was glad that they weren't going to pretend that Alexander wasn't gay (since they said that Achilles' lover in that other Greek movie was his *cousin*...L'AME), but I refuse to see this movie because it has no hot boy on boy action.

Maybe I'll get the DVD if they put it on there.

nieh
11-26-2004, 03:22 PM

Natural Born Killers

HornyPope
11-26-2004, 07:49 PM
Natural Born Killers is an Oliver Stone flick from start to finish. I wanted to list a movie he only played one role in the making, and a movie that Sic couldn't talk "intelectually pretentious". But yeah, NBK is a kick ass movie.

nieh
11-26-2004, 08:07 PM
well, the screenplay was originally written by Quentin Tarantino, but it was almost totally re-done so he doesn't have any of the credits.

HornyPope
11-26-2004, 08:08 PM
Ooooh yeah. I forgot.

Not Ozymandias
11-26-2004, 08:23 PM
Angelina Jolie liked the script enough to make it. That's all you have to know.

nieh
11-26-2004, 08:24 PM
damn that movie kicks ass. I think I'm gonna put it on now.

nieh
11-26-2004, 08:24 PM
Angelina Jolie liked the script enough to make it. That's all you have to know.

Angelina Jolie also liked the scripts on the Tomb Raider movies enough to go with them.

Not Ozymandias
11-26-2004, 08:27 PM
Tarantino didn't get a screenplay creidt for NBK because, being the petulant child that he is, he wanted it that way. The final draft wasn't too different story-wise from his script, he was just angry that Stone and Dave Veloz had the audacity to give the affair some meaning and signficance. Imagine that.

nieh
11-26-2004, 08:33 PM
Tarantino didn't get a screenplay creidt for NBK because, being the petulant child that he is, he wanted it that way. The final draft wasn't too different story-wise from his script, he was just angry that Stone and Dave Veloz had the audacity to give the affair some meaning and signficance. Imagine that.

Story-wise it might not be that different, but the vast majority of the scenes were. In fact, the deleted scenes they say about one of them "This was one of the only scenes that was left very close to the original Tarantino script. We shot it but it ended up being cut because it didn't fit in too well story-wise". Not to say it wasn't Tarantino's idea to not have writing credits, just that the scenes really did change a lot after Stone got ahold of them.

Nina
11-27-2004, 12:05 AM
I will go see it. most definitely. because i like such
movies. i hope i'll like it.

Vera
11-27-2004, 03:18 AM
I was glad that they weren't going to pretend that Alexander wasn't gay
Me too, except not quite. 'Cause he wasn't gay, he was just fucking guys. And girls, if I remember correctly, he had 3 wives and one bastard son.

I'm such a geek, I read this yesterday: http://myweb.unomaha.edu/~jreameszimmerman/Hephaistion/lover.html

I just *might* go see it if only for the hinting. Maybe.

And by the way, it seems that after RoTK every movie maker has been all "I'll do a war epic!" and all the movies have sucked so far.

As for Angelina Jolie, I trust her taste enough - I think she agreed to do the Tomb Raider movies because Lara Croft is just a modern day pop icon plus an interesting character. And she did make the 2nd film better, even though it still sucked a lot.

Not Ozymandias
11-27-2004, 11:14 AM
Angelina Jolie might just have the worst taste in movies out of everybody who has ever lived. I've never known of anybody with such a contempt for quality.

SpongeBob
11-27-2004, 12:43 PM
COLIN FARRELL COLIN FARRELL!!

he has my vote. rawr.

Vera
11-27-2004, 12:45 PM
I'm not feeling the Irish love on Colin Farrell - the eye brows bother me too much, for some reason.

But the guy in your avatar gets my vote. Thrice.

SpongeBob
11-27-2004, 12:48 PM
vera, i could hump you all day, darling.

Vera
11-27-2004, 12:58 PM
;D

Let's have a threesome with Ewan.

SpongeBob
11-28-2004, 09:41 PM
you know, that might just be the best effing idea anyone has ever come up with. vera. ingenious.

ninth
11-28-2004, 09:50 PM
Alexander seriously gets into my top ten of worst movies ever. I endured this flop, all twenty hours of it, waiting for it to get to a good part. It skips most notable things in Alexander's, such as the Oracle of Siwah and the Gordian Knot and goes straight to the butt fucking. Farrell and Leto are horrible in this movie, Leto should have stopped after fucking Claire Danes in My So-Called Life (or not getting to, because she played a prude. I remember him fucking her friend though, what a boring show. It matches Alexander.) The End, Period, Thirty Seconds To Mars, Horrible.

Vera
11-29-2004, 06:11 AM
So there IS butt fucking?

ninth
11-29-2004, 12:19 PM
It doesn't show it.

Vera
11-29-2004, 12:24 PM
Then I can see why you thought the movie sucked.

Unliterally, of course. Unfortunately.

Sigh. Waiting for the unrated DVD...

Master of Puppets
11-29-2004, 01:54 PM
i heard the movie sucked

i also heard there are "bulbous boobs revealed"

no really thats how the review phrased it

Vera
11-30-2004, 08:54 AM
Who the fuck cares about boobs? I want teh cock.

HornyPope
11-30-2004, 09:20 AM
The Persian wife had some maaaad b00bage. Huge. Supposedly she didn't want to do a nude scene in the begining but Oliver talked her into it. He argued that it's one of those "necessary" nude shoots. Relevant to the character or something. What bullshit. I don't even remember what happened in that sequance. What I do remember is admiring a pair of huuuge boobs as the girl was mounting Alex with a knife in her hand.

mr uk man
11-30-2004, 09:22 AM
I hear it's rather crap so I most probably won't be seeing it unless there is some serious gay action.

So here's what I want you to do. Go see it, tell me if they make out or not, post it here and watch me be grateful to you.
gay nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
lesbian

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-30-2004, 09:24 AM
Nothing wrong with gay people.

Come here and hold me, you stud.

mr uk man
11-30-2004, 09:25 AM
"watch me be grateful to you"
how? or do i just have to emagene
*winks* :eek: :D ;)

mr uk man
11-30-2004, 09:26 AM
not saying there is

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-30-2004, 09:27 AM
Then come here and keep me company. Babe.

mr uk man
11-30-2004, 09:29 AM
aren't u a girl?
(not taking piss)

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-30-2004, 09:29 AM
Nope. I'm all man. Come here and feel my manliness.

mr uk man
11-30-2004, 09:30 AM
uh................... no thanks
u might need to change ur pic
(not taking piss)

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-30-2004, 09:44 AM
Why might I need to change my pic, you wonderful example of male deliciousness, you?

mr uk man
11-30-2004, 10:06 AM
because u look like a woman
:o :o

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-30-2004, 10:08 AM
However you want it, babe. You can pretend it's a strap on.

mr uk man
11-30-2004, 10:12 AM
:cool: tempting? :cool:

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-30-2004, 10:13 AM
And by the way, psychological studies have proven that women are more attracted to men with feminine features than big hunky lumberjack type men.

mr uk man
11-30-2004, 10:20 AM
oh u rock my world!
:eek: :eek: :eek:

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-30-2004, 10:21 AM
Damn right. Worship me.

mr uk man
11-30-2004, 10:22 AM
do u mind if i scream out oh yeah bitch when we talk?
lol ;)

mr uk man
11-30-2004, 10:23 AM
every now and again?

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-30-2004, 10:23 AM
I prefer "yes lord", "yes oh king" or possibly "yes oh mighty lord-king who makes our lives bearable".

mr uk man
11-30-2004, 10:25 AM
ok how about: "faster, faster, faster oh yeah baby dont stop"

mr uk man
11-30-2004, 10:26 AM
oh yes i was junior member now im "member"

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-30-2004, 10:27 AM
I'm bored of you now. Back on the ignore list.

mr uk man
11-30-2004, 10:28 AM
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
bye baby!
*cries*

Vera
11-30-2004, 11:57 AM
Start making out or get off this topic, you two.

mhkpyro
11-30-2004, 12:02 PM
Everyone go here!
http://battle.ernieball.com/

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-30-2004, 04:12 PM
Start making out or get off this topic, you two.

You said you wanted to see teh cock. If UK Man plays his cards right, you never know.

BREAK
11-30-2004, 08:05 PM
Angelina Jolie might just have the worst taste in movies out of everybody who has ever lived. I've never known of anybody with such a contempt for quality.

Julia Roberts

ThatOneGuy123
11-30-2004, 08:50 PM
Man i cant stand any movie thats got bisexual love between 2 guys and they fuckin make out on the movie its the nastiest then when hes gonna fuck a black chick they start fighting it sucks ass that movie

Trip Boy
11-30-2004, 09:32 PM
The reason for interest in them is to seek remedial measures without repairs and undertaking reconstruction work by just changing the placement of articles in suitable directions and using wind chimes, flutes, amulets and crystals.

Vera
12-01-2004, 06:58 AM
You said you wanted to see teh cock. If UK Man plays his cards right, you never know.
>_<

No thanks.

ThatOneGuy123 - Oh, shut it. No one cares what you think. However, I AM interested in knowing exactly how much of the making out stuff there is?

Aqualuvbug
01-09-2006, 09:28 AM
I seriously cannot find anything about Colin Farrell that makes me want to see him in a movie. And can you please tell me what Stone was thinking about by bleaching FArrells hair and casting him as Alexander? Oh one more thing, what is with Angelina Jolies Scottish Burrrrrrr in that movie? I change it as soon as it comes on TV. What is wrong with movies today? Maybe that's why I just watch the IFC, which also has me worried.

Paint_It_Black
01-09-2006, 01:09 PM
I find it odd that you join here, and then with your first post resurrect an old thread with no relation to the offspring. Old memeber with new account?

I happened to see this film the other day. Absolutely fucking terrible. One of those films where just everything feels wrong right from the start.