PDA

View Full Version : SiN question (The game)

platinumpt
10-10-2005, 06:46 AM
Anyone remembers SiN? It's a rather old PC game, released in late 1998. It's a First Person Shooter, very similar to games like Quake II (actually it has the QII engine) or Half Life.

Well, to the point: I have this game for a few years now, but never bothered much to play it. However, I decided to start playing it a few days ago, and I finished it yesterday, but one problem ocurred: my copy of the game didn't contain the ending movie sequence. Well it's really fucked up to go through a long game like that (36 levels, with multiple paths and shit), with not-that-good playability, and not even have the chance to watch the ending sequence. I searched a bit on the internet, and I wasn't able to find the file. However, I got its name: sinend.avi ; it was supposed to be located on the "movies" folder, but mine is absolutely empty. Which means I don't have an intro sequence as well, but I really don't mind that.

I just want to ask, if someone possesses the sequence I want, to please upload it somewhere (or direct me to some existing link), so that I can watch it. I know this is a long shot, it's an old game and all, but every single user's help will be very much apreciated :)

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
10-10-2005, 10:24 AM
Well, this thread turned out to be a failure.

platinumpt
10-10-2005, 11:41 AM
Nimrod In Town']Well, this thread turned out to be a failure.
It was never supposed to be a success. I just wanted an answer for a specific question, I didn't want to generate any sort of discussion. But thanks for whoever saw it.

Within_Temptation
10-10-2005, 12:38 PM
Nimrod In Town']Well, this thread turned out to be a failure.

... i agree with him. this suckz

notoriousdoc
10-10-2005, 12:54 PM
I feel your pain man, I got like that with FFVIII

Within_Temptation
10-10-2005, 01:03 PM
I feel your pain man, I got like that with FFVIII

hey its lost_within_me
i no your probably like oh god not her againg but its just to say ur forum suckz! u cant type anything on it coz it wont let you!

platinumpt
10-10-2005, 01:36 PM
... i agree with him. this suckz
Then why did you bump the thread, you fuckin idiot.

Spork
10-10-2005, 01:39 PM
SiN was great, shame it was underrated. That and System Shock 2.

ermdevi@tion
10-10-2005, 01:52 PM
Did you just check the hard-drive directory or the CD as well? It might be available from the CD. Having said that, it might also be zipped up in a batch file...and that complicates matters.

platinumpt
10-10-2005, 01:58 PM
I checked both directories : hard drive and SiN CD.... it isn't on any of them, that's why I think it's very strange... my copy is about 5 years old... I didn't play the game before because my CPU wasn't fast enough... then other games came along, and I forgot about SiN...

SiN was indeed, a bit underrated... though I think its playability isn't nothing compared to games like Serious Sam, NOLF2, or Half Life. I found the character rather complicated to control. I never played System Shock 2, but I loved System Shock 1. Awesome game, I was totally addicted to it! Great storyline, graphics, etc.

Spork
10-10-2005, 02:05 PM
Speaking of which, I need to get back into Deus Ex.

platinumpt
10-10-2005, 02:07 PM
Actually I'm playing Deus Ex Invisible War for PC. Well, I'm playing a few games at a time:

Deus Ex Invisible War, Serious Sam, Need For Speed Underground 2. I'm nostalgic, what can I say.