PDA

View Full Version : could you please come to finland again?

double-s
10-10-2005, 07:02 AM
is offspring coming to finland for a open-to-everone concert?,not a FREE one of course but at least a gig that everyone can buy tickets to and not win them from a beer bottle! :mad: i'm a big fan of the band and i think that offspring's popularity will grow even more beacause of the ''gratest hits'' that was our number one on the charts for over a month! :)
PLEASE COME TO FINLAND AGAIN!! theres a lot of young peoplewho wanted to see you but they didn't even have a chance because they were younger than 18

Dirty Bertie
10-10-2005, 01:19 PM
is offspring coming to finland for a open-to-everone concert?,not a FREE one of course but at least a gig that everyone can buy tickets to and not win them from a beer bottle! :mad: i'm a big fan of the band and i think that offspring's popularity will grow even more beacause of the ''gratest hits'' that was our number one on the charts for over a month! :)
PLEASE COME TO FINLAND AGAIN!! theres a lot of young peoplewho wanted to see you but they didn't even have a chance because they were younger than 18

That whole beer bottle competition SUCKED for the real fans. :(

belen1979
10-10-2005, 01:30 PM
i can't believe it. really, i can't believe what you're telling...
you got the tickets by buying a beer bottle??? OMFG, it's incredible!!!

Dirty Bertie
10-10-2005, 01:35 PM
i can't believe it. really, i can't believe what you're telling...
you got the tickets by buying a beer bottle??? OMFG, it's incredible!!!

The local town alcoholic who's never even heard of the Offspring got half a dozen tickets :mad:

and the whole gig was full of beer bellied guzzlers :(

belen1979
10-10-2005, 01:41 PM
it's stupid.
here, in spain, a band decided to sell the tickets only to the people who has their cd (by showing in the point of sale a code of bars included in it) and i thought it was stupid, because i don't really need to have a cd to enjoy a concert, or i may not have enough money to buy the cd and the ticket, but anyway, that thing with the beer it the stupidest thing i have ever heard...

Dirty Bertie
10-10-2005, 01:45 PM
it's stupid.
here, in spain, a band decided to sell the tickets only to the people who has their cd (by showing in the point of sale a code of bars included in it) and i thought it was stupid, because i don't really need to have a cd to enjoy a concert, or i may not have enough money to buy the cd and the ticket, but anyway, that thing with the beer it the stupidest thing i have ever heard...

You're right - that is stupid but I guess the band only wanted 'real' fans (if buying a CD makes you a real fan) in the crowd.

The beer thing is a bloody disgrace. I feel really sorry for the big fans who missed out on their concert.

belen1979
10-10-2005, 01:50 PM
yeah, you're right, with both things, but about the spanish band i told you... i have seen them in concert for 3times, and i love their live, but i won't buy the cd, it's a band that sounds a lot here, and we all know all their songs, you don't have to buy the cd. i understand them, but it's not fair at all to do that. i LOVE their live but not listening to their music at home, not all the cd... so, i don't buy the cd, so, i can't go to their concerts, so.... i'll buy some beer... :D

Dirty Bertie
10-10-2005, 01:55 PM
... so, i don't buy the cd, so, i can't go to their concerts, so.... i'll buy some beer... :D

Now thats the kind of reasoning I like! :D

Zee
10-10-2005, 02:24 PM
Well actually you couldn't win tickets of drinking the beer or from a beer bottle, ha. You could write a story why you should get the tickets or just get them from an allotment if you registered into the sponsor's site. Or just ask Offspring Management, they were friendly enough to promise tickets. Creativity, guys. ;) But of course it was a problem if you were under 18... and it definitely sucked that not all the people could enter. Hell, I can't even imagine how many percent were left out that would've gone there if tickets were only available. Still, a great gig.

And I think there's a change that they will play here next tour, at least some offers are left, will see are they too expensieve and do the organizers trust that the band can pull enough crowd to the show...