PDA

View Full Version : Closing a thread

Wizard*SweetRockerGirl*
10-12-2005, 05:27 AM
This is a free forum and people should be able to tell their opinions.Who are you to close a thread?

wheelchairman
10-12-2005, 05:35 AM
Who are you to close a thread?
The mods.

1. Whoever said it was free? This is not a democracy. This is a website. Grow the fuck up.

Wizard*SweetRockerGirl*
10-12-2005, 05:43 AM
[QUOTE=wheelchairman]The mods.

1. Whoever said it was free?
First learn English!

wheelchairman
10-12-2005, 05:46 AM
[QUOTE=wheelchairman]The mods.

1. Whoever said it was free?
First learn English!
Where exactly is my mistake?

Wizard*SweetRockerGirl*
10-12-2005, 05:48 AM
"whoever" said it was free?
HELLO?

wheelchairman
10-12-2005, 05:49 AM
You can say that.

the_offsprings_monkey
10-12-2005, 05:53 AM
Meh if the mod's wish to shut a thread that is their choice, we are but nobodys compared to the mighty mods *tear runs down face*

Wizard*SweetRockerGirl*
10-12-2005, 05:53 AM
and people ask why language corrupts.
Obviously,you have never taken grammar courses at school and learned English from some chatroom

Tizzalicious
10-12-2005, 05:54 AM
Obviously,you have never taken grammar courses at school and learned English from some chatroom

Hahahahahahahahaahaha.

Sorry.

Wizard*SweetRockerGirl*
10-12-2005, 05:55 AM
Meh if the mod's wish to shut a thread that is their choice, we are but nobodys compared to the mighty mods *tear runs down face*
Need tissues?

Izie
Hahahahahahahahaahaha.

Sorry.

I was about to say the same thing.

Without the sorry though.

wheelchairman
Or you know, Grew up speaking it. Take your snobbish attitude somewhere else. I thought you were against teh mods. And the only argument you seem to have against me, is my supposedly incorrect grammar.

You know what this is known as? It's a logical fallacy known as the Straw Man. You are focusing on an insignificant detail and exaggerating it. You are still wrong though, little girl.

Wizard*SweetRockerGirl*
10-12-2005, 05:56 AM
Hahahahahahahahaahaha.

Sorry.
Honey,you can always laugh at yourself.Nobody will blame you for that.

the_offsprings_monkey
Need tissues?
Yep, also a mug of vodka if you have any.

wheelchairman
She's laughing at you. Languages are her area of expertise.

Tizzalicious
10-12-2005, 05:59 AM

By the way, I love how you judge other people's grammar, while you are the one who keeps forgetting to add a space after your periods.

the_offsprings_monkey
10-12-2005, 06:00 AM
Meh all I know is english and I struggle with that :D
but I do know some bits from other languages

Wizard*SweetRockerGirl*
10-12-2005, 06:01 AM
She's laughing at you. Languages are her area of expertise.
And now I am laughing at you.BECAUSE I TOOK COURSES AT OXFORD AND ALSO I AM DOING MY DEGREE IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE

Tizzalicious
10-12-2005, 06:02 AM
And now I am laughing at you.BECAUSE I TOOK COURSES AT OXFORD AND ALSO I AM DOING MY DEGREE IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE

Well well well, aren't you something?

the_offsprings_monkey
10-12-2005, 06:04 AM
Yes but whats she is saying is that you don't put a space after your full stops, and also aint it two spaces after a full stop?

wheelchairman
10-12-2005, 06:05 AM
That's really sad. That

1. You are getting a degree in linguistics, and yet you have never come across the concept of colloquialisms. That, and you're under the misconception that an online message board should be written in British English, and that no other variations, mistakes, etc. should be allowed.

2. That you are getting a degree, and yet don't know that you are making one of the stupidest argumentational fallacies a person can make. You still haven't answered the question, Uni Girl, why shouldn't we close topics? Where does it say "Free forum"?

Tizzalicious
10-12-2005, 06:05 AM
Yes but whats she is saying is that you don't put a space after your full stops, and also aint it two spaces after a full stop?

That wasn't what I was laughing about though. It was the fact that she was saying that WCM learned English in a chatroom.

If he did, he wud b talking lyke dis.

Wizard*SweetRockerGirl*
10-12-2005, 06:07 AM
Well,if it were,I would have been corrected at school.

Tizzalicious
10-12-2005, 06:09 AM
You don't put spaces after your comma's either. It's bad.

the_offsprings_monkey
10-12-2005, 06:10 AM
Well I have to admit I never really did good in high school yet, I type better then you, very odd I must say. In other news im moving out soon :D

Tizzalicious
10-12-2005, 06:11 AM
I type better then you,

If someone says this, with a mistake like that, you know it's REALLY bad.

Sin Studly
10-12-2005, 06:13 AM
I agree with the thread starter.

the_offsprings_monkey
10-12-2005, 06:13 AM
If someone says this, with a mistake like that, you know it's REALLY bad.
Did I make a mistake of some kind, as I said I never was that good in high school.

Rag Doll
10-12-2005, 08:21 AM

Actually, after a period (or "full stop"), it is two spaces. Hard to believe that hasn't been corrected before.

(Though, if you use two spaces on the message board, it shows as one. That still doesn't excuse your total lack of spaces, since it's incredibly hard to read and you're omgz soooooo smartttt.)

the_offsprings_monkey
10-12-2005, 08:41 AM
Did you by any chance go to a Retard school.

Dead Poetic
10-12-2005, 08:43 AM
This fight, is my struggle. Which hand should I cut off? My life is in shambles.
Iíll lose my life right here and now. But what for, Iím coming home.

Mentally_Challenged
10-12-2005, 08:46 AM
And back on subject, Mods close threads usually because they're spam or have been made before.

Oh, and 'whoever' is actually in the dictionary, so you can say it. Obviously your little degree isn't helping much.

Vera
10-12-2005, 09:07 AM

I feel a strange need to quote this because when I first read it I seriously thought English was your second language. Grammar courses? Since when do they give courses specifically for grammar?

Continued, your punctuation sucks.

It's called a SPACE BAR. Make it your friend!

JohnnyNemesis
10-12-2005, 10:06 AM
Wizard, you're a fucking idiot. You don't understand that language is not a static thing. It evolves, it changes. This is why certain spellings are acceptable, even if they appear wrong.

Also, this is a website, not a democracy. Again, you're a fucking idiot and should be grateful that someone around you wasn't particularly annoyed one day and hasn't beat the shit out of you already. Fuck off.

ruroken
10-12-2005, 10:07 AM
What Rick said.

the_offsprings_monkey
10-12-2005, 10:07 AM
This is a free forum and people should be able to tell their opinions.Who are you to close a thread?HOLD THAT FUCKING FRONT PAGE, English is her first language??!?!?!?!?!?!?! :eek:

Just a Girl
10-12-2005, 10:10 AM

wow, is oxford taking anyone now?

JohnnyNemesis
10-12-2005, 10:17 AM
The fact that, as an English major, Oxford is the kind of place that makes me cream my pants with pure literary excitement shows how sad I'll be if she really does attend that instiution.

I'll fuckin' cry, I swear.

wheelchairman
10-12-2005, 10:20 AM
The fact that, as an English major, Oxford is the kind of place that makes me cream my pants with pure literary excitement shows how sad I'll be if she really does attend that instiution.

I'll fuckin' cry, I swear.
No she took a few courses at Oxford. She doesn't study there. That's the impression I got.

JohnnyNemesis
10-12-2005, 10:21 AM
Okay, good. I might try to do the same. They have programs here for that. Mm, that would be sexy.

That Punk Kid You Love
10-12-2005, 10:21 AM

Not another micheal_corleone. Please,if your going to be a grammar hoe then get the fuckiddy out this bitch.

the_offsprings_monkey
10-12-2005, 10:22 AM
She failed

JohnnyNemesis
10-12-2005, 10:24 AM
Not another micheal_corleone 1. Please,if 2 your 3 going to be a grammar hoe then get the fuckiddy 4 out 5 this bitch.

*1 - Micheal_Corleone
*2 - , if
*3 - you're
*4 - not a word
*5 - out of

Sorry, I just had to.

Little_Miss_1565
10-12-2005, 10:29 AM
Oh for fuck's sake.

Wizard, first of all, there is no fucking way you are studying at Oxford right now. Ricky and I are actual English majors, and I think we can guarantee that you would have been beaten savagely about the head and shoulders for writing,your papers,inthissortoffashion.nospaceafterperiods

WCM, technically you should have written "whomever" rather than "whoever," since the subject which you were asking about is unknown. However, you are absolutely correct about linguistic colloquialisms. Also, if Wizard knows of any chat rooms where the difference between "who" and "whom" is taught, I sincerely hope she'd post the information for it, since the youth of the world could probably do well to start frequenting it.

That Punk Kid You Love
10-12-2005, 10:30 AM

*1 - Micheal_Corleone
*2 - , if
*3 - you're
*4 - not a word
*5 - out of

Sorry, I just had to.

Yeah that was a test. This may also be a test aswell. You can never tell.

Oh God oh God its not a test! Run run!

JohnnyNemesis
10-12-2005, 10:31 AM
Oh for fuck's sake.

Wizard, first of all, there is no fucking way you are studying at Oxford right now. Ricky and I are actual English majors, and I think we can guarantee that you would have been beaten savagely about the head and shoulders for writing,your papers,inthissortoffashion.nospaceafterperiods

WCM, technically you should have written "whomever" rather than "whoever," since the subject which you were asking about is unknown. However, you are absolutely correct about linguistic colloquialisms. Also, if Wizard knows of any chat rooms where the difference between "who" and "whom" is taught, I sincerely hope she'd post the information for it, since the youth of the world could probably do well to start frequenting it.

This might be my favorite post of all time.

Mota Boy
10-12-2005, 11:55 AM
First learn English!

Honestly, for someone that claims such a substantial command of the English language, your sentence structure is quite lacking (even if we ignore the capitalization and punctuation mistakes). I would've hoped that an anal-retentive English major could've come up with better casual prose, *especially* when she was using it to criticize the language skills of others.

Some minor corrections so that you could better convey your thoughts. "If you're going to speak to me, learn English first." "And people wonder why language becomes corrupted." "Obviously, you have never taken language courses at school but instead learned English from some chatroom."

Paint_It_Black
10-12-2005, 11:08 PM
Oh great, we have a new idiot who thinks education and intelligence always go together. You can sometimes educate an idiot, but they're still an idiot. However, I also question her education.

Also, this is a website, not a democracy. Again, you're a fucking idiot and should be grateful that someone around you wasn't particularly annoyed one day and hasn't beat the shit out of you already. Fuck off.

That seemed a bit angry. You know you might have gone a little far when Ruroken agrees completely with what you said.

JohnnyNemesis
10-12-2005, 11:39 PM
Nah. If you knew the kind of relationship ruroken and I have on the boards, you'd see that makes no difference.

Paint_It_Black
10-12-2005, 11:45 PM
Hmm, what kind of relationship do you have? From the little I've seen he does seem to look to you as some kind of role model.