PDA

View Full Version : Fasting

SkyRocker
10-12-2005, 06:32 AM
Has anybody already fast ( religion, whatever ) ?
I thought it was a great pain to do it. I'm having a sick at the moment that prevent me from eating. It's been four days I didn't and I'm really well excepting the fact that i lost 5 kilos...
I mean I heard those hunger strikes were bad, that's not so hurting.
The fact is that it's a good way to lose weight. After all, jesus did it during 40 days, didn't he ?

crazy_offspring_gal
10-12-2005, 06:35 AM
I thought it was a great pain to do it. I'm having a sick at the moment that prevent me from eating. It's been four days I didn't and I'm really well excepting the fact that i lost 5 kilos...
The fact is that it's a good way to lose weight. After all, jesus did it during 40 days, didn't he ?
Omg, it makes you loose weight *stupid question* but yea...

the_offsprings_monkey
10-12-2005, 06:36 AM
Omg, it makes you loose weight *stupid question* but yea...
Please shut up about diets......... god so many people i know are on diets

Sunny
10-12-2005, 07:42 AM
Oh my god, this thread brings back the horrible feeling of failure i had because of my last fast...

here's the story. i'm not sure if any of you ever detoxed (not the drug kind!). you fast for 3 days and drink nothing but water and green tea, and then for the next 5 days you only eat brown rice, fruit and veggies (no salt, sugar, etc). it's supposed to flush the toxins out of your system, cleanse your body and generally make you feel a lot better. it's not even a weight thing... more of a "getting rid of nasty substances" thing.

i've tried. honestly, i've tried. actually, i did it with my husband. i lasted... a day. we got so hungry by the end of the day that we ended up going out to a diner at like 1 am... ordering pancakes, french toast, eggs, curly seasoned fries... AND FUCKING DEVOURING IT ALL.

i fail at life sometimes.

wheelchairman
10-12-2005, 07:44 AM
Ironically, you actually gain weight while fasting. At least according to my muslim friends. I wouldn't fast, that's like not masturbating. I don't see a point in it.

Izie
10-12-2005, 07:57 AM
Ironically, you actually gain weight while fasting.

Yups, my mom agrees.

And I know a guy who did a detox by drinking water and eating only grapes for 30 days. He said it made him feel great, then again he's a bit on the weird side, so eh.

And I've never fasted, or detoxed, although the latter seems as an interesting idea.

Sunny
10-12-2005, 08:07 AM
it is pretty interesting. and i really wanna do it... but i'm not sure if i have the willpower to resist TEH FOODZ for three days. ;/

Vera
10-12-2005, 08:12 AM
Well, of course you gain weight. You're just concentrating all your meals to the period of time after the sun has gone down. So you basically pig out before going to bed.

the_offsprings_monkey
10-12-2005, 08:12 AM
Well, of course you gain weight. You're just concentrating all your meals to the period of time after the sun has gone down. So you basically pig out before going to bed.
I really should try that :o

Izie
10-12-2005, 08:17 AM

The fasting connected to the rituals of the orthodox church (so what my mom does) is just "no animal products" type of thing (except fish, stupid people). You can eat as much and whenever you want to though. My theory, though, is that my mom just eats too much while fasting, because she's the kind of freak who likes trying out new recipes. She, however, denies this.

And Sunny, I really don't think I could stay off solid food for 3 days :/

Vera
10-12-2005, 08:31 AM
Ah, I was discussing Muslim Ramadan. I don't think Finnish orthodox people do that.

Tizzalicious
10-12-2005, 08:52 AM
I wanted to detox once...or just...have a fruitday...I lasted...a couple of hours. I always have an hour for breakfast. Then I wanted to have fruit for lunch. But I got so hungry THINKING about the fact that I would have nothing but fruit all day, that I gave up by then.

Izie
10-12-2005, 08:54 AM
Ah, I was discussing Muslim Ramadan. I don't think Finnish orthodox people do that.

Heh, I know, but I just figured I'd explain my side of the story too, since the weightgain in the fasting I was talking about came from other reasons ;)

And I really don't think a lot of orthodox people fast in general, but I really don't know THAT much about it.

Tizzle, my sis was once on a diet that made her have a fruit day every 4 days or something. She says it's not at all that bad, but eh, I'm just not THAT interested :p

Tijs
10-12-2005, 08:56 AM
I don't get what's so hard about it. I sometimes don't eat for a day without having any trouble, simply because I'm not hungry...

Tizzalicious
10-12-2005, 08:59 AM
Tizzle, my sis was once on a diet that made her have a fruit day every 4 days or something. She says it's not at all that bad, but eh, I'm just not THAT interested :p

Yeah, I know, it shouldn't be that bad, since you can eat pretty much of it I think...But I just kept thinking about it, and when I do, I get hungry. If I'm busy and don't think about food, I don't get hungry at all without eating.

Izie
10-12-2005, 09:10 AM
Yeah, I know, it shouldn't be that bad, since you can eat pretty much of it I think...But I just kept thinking about it, and when I do, I get hungry. If I'm busy and don't think about food, I don't get hungry at all without eating.

Same here. I'm otherwise capable of not eating, but when I'm thinking about it... No way.

SkyRocker
10-12-2005, 10:00 AM
The muslim are doing it is different. When i see them eating during the night, it's really amazing, they eat more than during the day.
And as I said, it's not so difficult but like Izie, i never started it by my own.
Now this sickness makes things different ! I didn't eat and drink anything since sunday and I must say it's an acceptable situation even if i start being hungry, i have to resist 2 or 3 days again.

Tizzalicious
10-12-2005, 10:06 AM
You really should drink though. That's not healthy.

Edit: Also, it's NOT a good way to lose weight, you will probably gain most of it back once you start eating again.

SkyRocker
10-12-2005, 10:08 AM
The feeling i have when something is entering in my throat is not so healthy believe me. But you're surely right, i'll force myself...

Tizzalicious
10-12-2005, 10:09 AM
I believe you, but not drinking that long really isn't healthy. Just try little sips.

SkyRocker
10-12-2005, 10:14 AM
Hehe, unfortunately, that's a solution i already tried ! Feelings are weird at each swallowing and more and more suffering so...
Anyway, I'll surely last for some days, just the half of of my pain.

Spork
10-12-2005, 10:27 AM
Hehe, unfortunately, that's a solution i already tried ! Feelings are weird at each swallowing and more and more suffering so...
Anyway, I'll surely last for some days, just the half of of my pain.

Perhaps sipping a warm drink would help? I'm not too sure on this one sorry.

SkyRocker
10-12-2005, 10:32 AM
I thought about it but didn't try, i fear the result could be the same, but thanks for reminding me it.

Megs
10-12-2005, 10:33 AM
well i did....but now i'm having a truly gorgeous food binge!

SkyRocker
10-12-2005, 10:34 AM
Thank you Megs, i feel so better now...

Megs
10-12-2005, 10:35 AM
i'm sorry....... didn't think.....but it was tasty while erm, the food lasted.

the_GoDdEsS
10-12-2005, 01:46 PM
If I don't eat any proper meal for longer than 9 hours I get extremely weak and dizzy and sick. Generally I eat every 3-4 hours. I'd die if I had to fast or go on a freaky diet. Not joking.

Human
10-12-2005, 01:47 PM
I've fasted before and I will tomorrow.

Trippy
10-12-2005, 01:48 PM
Done it, seen it. Does good, just like when you're without sex / masturbatin a whole month. It pays everything back after you're allowed to do it again, the feeling is awesome.

Sunny
10-12-2005, 02:07 PM
Tizzle, my sis was once on a diet that made her have a fruit day every 4 days or something.

i like fruitdays... i actually have them pretty often. fruit = <3.

Sin Studly
10-13-2005, 01:03 AM

You're a kyke? It's yom kippur today, right?

T-6005
10-13-2005, 01:49 AM
I wanted to detox once...or just...have a fruitday...I lasted...a couple of hours. I always have an hour for breakfast. Then I wanted to have fruit for lunch. But I got so hungry THINKING about the fact that I would have nothing but fruit all day, that I gave up by then.

Honestly? That sounds like the last time I tried to quit drinking. I think I lasted about 5 hours.

SkyRocker
10-13-2005, 04:15 AM
You're a kyke? It's yom kippur today, right?
I don't know what is a kyke but judging by "kippur", i bet it's jew...And no I'm not, what is the connection.

JoY
10-13-2005, 05:15 AM
Oh my god, this thread brings back the horrible feeling of failure i had because of my last fast...

here's the story. i'm not sure if any of you ever detoxed (not the drug kind!). you fast for 3 days and drink nothing but water and green tea, and then for the next 5 days you only eat brown rice, fruit and veggies (no salt, sugar, etc). it's supposed to flush the toxins out of your system, cleanse your body and generally make you feel a lot better. it's not even a weight thing... more of a "getting rid of nasty substances" thing.

i've tried. honestly, i've tried. actually, i did it with my husband. i lasted... a day. we got so hungry by the end of the day that we ended up going out to a diner at like 1 am... ordering pancakes, french toast, eggs, curly seasoned fries... AND FUCKING DEVOURING IT ALL.

i fail at life sometimes.
*giggles*

I -heartz- you.

JoY
10-13-2005, 05:18 AM
exact same here.

I can be such a fucking pig. (keep comments to yourself)

JoY
10-13-2005, 05:20 AM
If I don't eat any proper meal for longer than 9 hours I get extremely weak and dizzy and sick. Generally I eat every 3-4 hours. I'd die if I had to fast or go on a freaky diet. Not joking.
Sim.. seriously.. once every 3-4 hours is not so much for someone who seems to have such an insanely fast metabolism as you. in fact, even *I* eat more often & my metabolism is rather slow.

(again, keep comments to yourself)

Sin Studly
10-13-2005, 05:28 AM
what is the connection.

A topic on fasting made during Yom Kippur.