PDA

View Full Version : I have a job!!!!!!:D

Eccentric Sara
11-26-2004, 03:09 PM
It is only a 20-hour-a-week Christmas job in Allders (a department store),but hey,it is better than being unemployed ,like I was before!!!! I start at 9am tomorrow.:eek: And for someone who has been unemployed for months,that's fucking early!!!!!! AAAgh! I will need LOTS of caffeine!!!! At least it is something to get out of bed for. Plus,I will have money.:)
Like anyone gives a shit.
Anyway,reply to this thread if you are bored,like me, or if you genuinely do show a vague interest.

Endymion
11-26-2004, 03:11 PM
having a job is fun

Rag Doll
11-26-2004, 03:13 PM
Maybe they'll keep you on after the holidays are over too.

Job = Good. Usually. Mine owns.

Eccentric Sara
11-26-2004, 03:15 PM
What I'm hoping they'll do is keep me on,but let me transfer to Allders in Manchester,seeing as that's where I want to live. Now that WOULD own!:D

Linda
11-26-2004, 03:17 PM
Congratulations! Good luck with getting hired on permanent.

Izie
11-26-2004, 03:20 PM
Congrats! And I too hope you get hired premanently!
Can you ask them for a transfer btw?

(yes, I know you don't really know me, but I think you're nice, so...)

Eccentric Sara
11-26-2004, 03:20 PM
Thankyou! :D

Rag Doll
11-26-2004, 03:21 PM
That would be good. Usually stores don't really mind people transferring.

Eccentric Sara
11-26-2004, 03:21 PM
Congrats! And I too hope you get hired premanently!
Can you ask them for a transfer btw?

(yes, I know you don't really know me, but I think you're nice, so...)I've no idea whether they will let me transfer,but there is no harm in me asking!!!!! :)

Tired_Of_You
11-26-2004, 03:22 PM
Hey that's cool. Congratulations.

I'm searching a job. I'm going to send my cv ( the sheets where you write the job you had in the past, etc. I don't know how you call that in English, or maybe it's the same??) in some stores this weekend. I hope they will call me back. Zellers didn't call me, one of my friend work there :(

Izie
11-26-2004, 03:22 PM
Agreed :)
I hope they let ya!

Linda
11-26-2004, 03:31 PM

I'm searching a job. I'm going to send my cv ( the sheets where you write the job you had in the past, etc. I don't know how you call that in English, or maybe it's the same??) in some stores this weekend. I hope they will call me back. Zellers didn't call me, one of my friend work there :(

It's called a resume here.
pronounced rez-ooo-may.

Eccentric Sara
11-26-2004, 03:32 PM

I'm searching a job. I'm going to send my cv ( the sheets where you write the job you had in the past, etc. I don't know how you call that in English, or maybe it's the same??) in some stores this weekend. I hope they will call me back. Zellers didn't call me, one of my friend work there :(Yes,we call it a CV in English. Well,good luck with it!:)

Vicky
11-26-2004, 03:33 PM
Alders! Aghh, the one in Leeds is huge (and posh!) congrats!! No offence, but I'm surprised they hired you :o You aren't typical Alders stiff black suit kinda worker!

Tired_Of_You
11-26-2004, 03:35 PM
I guess you can say both. Thanks.

Eccentric Sara
11-26-2004, 03:37 PM
Alders! Aghh, the one in Leeds is huge (and posh!) congrats!! No offence, but I'm surprised they hired you :o You aren't typical Alders stiff black suit kinda worker!Yeah,the one here is posh. I don't have coloured hair anymore (and haven't had for a while),so that isn't an issue. I wore formal clothes to the interview and they give you a uniform to wear for the job,so my "alternative" appearance won't really be an issue when I'm working there. Plus,I've done shop work before,so they probably hired me 'cos I have experience.

Vicky
11-26-2004, 03:38 PM
Yeah,the one here is posh. I don't have coloured hair anymore (and haven't had for a while),so that isn't an issue. I wore formal clothes to the interview and they give you a uniform to wear for the job,so my "alternative" appearance won't really be an issue when I'm working there. Plus,I've done shop work before,so they probably hired me 'cos I have experience.

Ahh okay :) They look at me like they're thinking I'm a shoplifter whenever I go in. My hair is bright pink and black, and I have my lip done twice.. but last time I was in, I was crippled with really bad period cramps.. so I was curled up on the floor.. haha

Eccentric Sara
11-26-2004, 03:40 PM
Yeah,ppl think I look "suspicious" when I'm in my usual attire aswell!

the_GoDdEsS
11-26-2004, 03:44 PM
Aw, I'm so happy for you, Sara! Especially after knowing how difficult that all was. Good luck and all and I hope you'll have something permanent soon.

I loved my last jobby awful much. I just love creative work and can't wait to start working again.

Tizzalicious
11-26-2004, 04:34 PM
That's great!!!! Congrats!!!!!! =D

Nina
11-27-2004, 01:13 AM
haha, thats really cool. spend your money on good
things :P hmm its a little past 9am here, so i guess
you gotta leave in a bit. good luck!

Faded Soul
11-27-2004, 01:16 AM
That would be good. Usually stores don't really mind people transferring.

wish I can say my bosses wouldn't care. both my store director and deli manager are having a shit fit cause I want to transfer to the store closer to me. I think my deli manager is taking offence to it, because this place can give me better hours.

and to Sara, do a good job, be willing to try new things. They will say, oh she's willing to do things! we'll keep her!

offspringueuse
11-27-2004, 01:17 AM
good for you! :)

fairy call
11-27-2004, 05:10 AM
Congratulations with your job, and good luck with it!

Kitten
11-27-2004, 07:14 AM
Good luck with the job, if you have worked there before (like if they can't put you on afterwards but its on your resume) they will be more likely to hire you because you have experience with the store, so no matter what, it's still a foot in the door.

acgc2002
11-27-2004, 08:55 AM
*** In English CV is resumé... so, I think it is no problem for you, Tired_of_you... hihihi...:D***

Well, I wish you congratulations for the job ... I also got one! I was also unemployed and got a job too! I start next week! Nothing so extreme.. I will work on the phone.

In Brazil the job market is narrowed. I have to move out of here.

It is not a self promotion, but I get quite disappointed:
Look:

I am graduated in International Relations
I speak 4 languages fluently
I got no job.
:(

Also in hotels, in H Stern or any place at the airport... I tried everywhere... nowhere called me!
Then I started to study law. I am not looking a practica, I am looking for a job. In IR. Doesn´t work.
hunf... fucking country. I am sure if I was anywhere else, just for the amount of languages I speak I could easily find anything at a hotel or ski resort...
no???
Here it is a nightmare... I got a shitty job, I am glad for it as nowhere it works...

Eccentric Sara
11-27-2004, 10:02 AM
Aw,that sucks!!!! I know how you feel. I have a degree,and have given up on looking for graduate jobs,as they all sound too difficult or need skills and experience I don't have! :( Its cool that you've got a job of some sort though!

Eccentric Sara
11-28-2004, 11:35 AM
I had fun at work today anyway!!!! Woo hoo! :D I didn't actually go to work yesterday ,as I felt ill,so I missed the induction,training,etc,but they were really nice about it and are going to train me later on in the week. In the meantime,I have been basically tidying racks of clothes. Kinda therapeutic as it is undemanding and mechanical - and I'm getting paid to do it!!!! (All the clothes are hideous "normal" clothes I wouldn't be seen dead in though!!!!) The ppl in the womenswear department I work in were really nice and helpful. It was cool.:) It might not be so good tommorrow though as I will be working with different ppl.:S AND they haven't given me a unifrom yet.Hope I get one soon as I have very few formal outfits to wear and I refuse to buy more formal clothes that I feel like a fish out of water wearing. BUT,they said I can do overtime,so I might be earning more than I thought I would!!!!:D And I actually DID something today and don't feel like (so much of a) loser. I am knackered though. And my back is killing me. But it was worth it.
Happy Sara.:)

DUKESTER76
11-29-2004, 02:01 PM
well hope you enjoy your job and stay with them. what kind of uniform do you have to wear with them. is it a clothing store or just a super store like WalMart, well as for me in tired of working and need a vacation, well congrats Sara

evilmonkey
11-29-2004, 02:09 PM
Hooray for Sara who has a job! *Sighs* I wish i did...

Eccentric Sara
11-29-2004, 02:33 PM
Aw *hugs evilmonkey*. Don't give up! You will find something eventually!:)
I was on the menswear department today.That is where I am based now. At least some of the men's clothes look nice. I wouldn't be seen dead in ANY of the clothes in the womenswear department.(Not that I wear men's clothes (well,apart from ties)!:rolleyes: Its just that the men's clothes seem higher quality somehow!!!!) 'Tis cool. I spent most of the time taking down posters! Nice and menial and undemanding! I only worked this morning,so I went home in the afternoon and slept!!!! Plus,they are giving me overtime on some days,so I work the afternoon and then the evening,so I don't even have to get up early every day!!!Yay!:D
Yes. Very nice to have a job.:)

Eccentric Sara
11-29-2004, 02:36 PM
well hope you enjoy your job and stay with them. what kind of uniform do you have to wear with them. is it a clothing store or just a super store like WalMart, well as for me in tired of working and need a vacation, well congrats SaraThe uniform is just black trousers/skirt and a white shirt/blouse or blue Allders blouse/tshirt,or you can wear your own formal top. Not too bad. Allders is a department store.It sells clothes,perfume,jewellery,ornaments,furniture,hous ehold goods etc.

eye_pennies
11-29-2004, 04:35 PM
Lordy, how I wish I had your job

rogerio
11-29-2004, 04:42 PM
It is only a 20-hour-a-week Christmas job in Allders (a department store),but hey,it is better than being unemployed ,like I was before!!!! I start at 9am tomorrow.:eek: And for someone who has been unemployed for months,that's fucking early!!!!!! AAAgh! I will need LOTS of caffeine!!!! At least it is something to get out of bed for. Plus,I will have money.:)
Like anyone gives a shit.
Anyway,reply to this thread if you are bored,like me, or if you genuinely do show a vague interest.
I liked your stile and want to give you my "well done"! And spent your money with anything... And say to me what you do! :)

skaterpunke
12-28-2004, 11:21 PM
hello ladies

greencows12
12-29-2004, 12:02 AM
I wish I had a job, but I can't drive.:D If I had a job, i'd test roller coasters or work at a dollar store.

Noodles is gay
12-29-2004, 08:16 AM
I had a job, i was a waitress, but i got fired for burning another waitress with a match *lol* and squirting the manageress with the water hose i was meant to clean the dishes with. *muhahaha* - got her good.

Damn, i'm such a pyro. :cool: