PDA

View Full Version : Whose Heard "Next To You" on the radio?

endlesst0m
10-12-2005, 03:39 PM
I only listen to the radio every so often, but i haven't heard it yet...

barangatang
10-12-2005, 03:42 PM
I have its on my radio stations "35 most played songs. Its the 5th one down: http://www.live105.com/music/playlist/default.htm

offspring_freak_3
10-12-2005, 03:43 PM
OMG MCR in 1st :eek: they sucks

sorry, off topic

fuckB Ratty
10-12-2005, 03:45 PM
I have Never heard it on my radio. but the radio station sucks!!!!!!!!!! They always play Green Day and it is pissing me off because green day fucking sucks

wishomie
10-12-2005, 03:46 PM
I've heard next to you on the radio.

bouncingcoles
10-12-2005, 03:47 PM
i havent heard it

bouncingcoles
10-12-2005, 03:47 PM
I have Never heard it on my radio. but the radio station sucks!!!!!!!!!! They always play Green Day and it is pissing me off because green day fucking sucks

i agree.....

wishomie
10-12-2005, 03:48 PM
i havent heard it
sucks to be you.

wishomie
10-12-2005, 03:48 PM
there is nothing wrong with green day.

offspring_freak_3
10-12-2005, 03:51 PM
its the same thing here, they always play green day, 50 cent, techno music and all that crap... :mad:

Drummerguy123
10-12-2005, 05:19 PM
I haven't heard it, but I requested it and they said they have it. They told me to listen to their late night program, "The Test Department" where they play new songs and new artists. I haven't heard it though because Tucson seems to be obsessed with crap like MCR, Taking Back Sunday, and especially Green Day. That gets me mad.

IdiotOfTheDay
10-12-2005, 05:46 PM
I haven't heard it, but I requested it and they said they have it. They told me to listen to their late night program, "The Test Department" where they play new songs and new artists. I haven't heard it though because Tucson seems to be obsessed with crap like MCR, Taking Back Sunday, and especially Green Day. That gets me mad.
My station has something like that; it's called Buzzcuts, since the station is called 'The Buzz.' It was out of Buzzcuts in two days, since it was requested and rated so much. I'm the only Offspring fanatic I know about in my school, but apparently a lot more people than me like the Offspring and listen to the Buzz.

pretty fly 88
10-12-2005, 06:10 PM
I haven't heard it, but I have bad luck. The one station that probably would've played it in my area only airs nights and weekends. The other rock stations in my area probably don't have it.

BananaFish
10-12-2005, 07:02 PM
I've heard it tons of times. Living semi-close to Baltimore, with its amazing rock station 98Rock, is the best. Especially with things like exclusive concerts, some prett funny DJs, and a great variety of rock. And, of course, plenty of different Offspring songs on the playlist. Of course, reception once you get to York is kinda staticy, although it does hold up as far as Harrisburg. But in York ya gotta watch for this alt. rock station that might cut in and make all but a few bits pure static. But only under certian conditions, like over the weekend. Funny thing is, Gone Away was playing on the other station. Pity I only heard a few bits.

I tend to ramble, don't I? Sorry....... I'm working on it though!

cool 2 hate 681
10-12-2005, 09:38 PM
i tried to request next to you but if you go to http://www.kroq.com/request/ and select offspring it dosen't even have next to you as an option it has a lotta others though

Dead Cheerleader
10-12-2005, 09:54 PM
Green day BLLLLOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWSSSSSSSSS. And I haven't heard it yet on KROQ.

StayInTheHouseCarl
10-12-2005, 09:55 PM
ya, kroq never picked it up as a single. its kinda sad, because they used to be the offspring's biggest supporters. wonder what happened.

Dead Cheerleader
10-12-2005, 10:01 PM
Yeah I think a lot of Offspring's success is owed to KROQ but deep down they are a bunch of scumbags who just play whatever they THINK will get the commercials and apparently right now it ain't the new Offy. They still play the old stuff. It's kind of sad. KROQ actually blows these days.

StayInTheHouseCarl
10-12-2005, 10:06 PM
i totally agree. kroq isnt as "cutting edge" as it was, or would like to think it still is. It steals a lot of music now from whats popular on indie 1031. now theres a good radio station! i say they should switch transmitters so i can actually hear indie in more places than just my room.

Dead Cheerleader
10-12-2005, 10:16 PM
Dude, fuck yeah! I was going to mention that. Inde 1031 plays some great stuff. It is tough to get sometimes in the city. They used to be AMAZING when the first started and they had like no sponsors. Now that they do though I hope they will play better shit. You're right about KROQ though, they are not as cool as they'd like to think they are.

Hey Funkmonk are you going to the Anaheim deal on the 29th?

StayInTheHouseCarl
10-12-2005, 10:22 PM
sadly no, i couldnt afford to pay that much money : (

did you know indie is now no longer under the clutches of clear channel?

Dead Cheerleader
10-12-2005, 10:30 PM
WHAT! They sold out already?? I figured they'd hold on longer than that. How lame. Um, what do you mean "afford" it? I didn't know they were charging to get into the game thing. How much?

StayInTheHouseCarl
10-12-2005, 10:36 PM
i heard it was 120, because the convention wasnt allowing the concert tickets to be sold separately, theyre making you buy a two day pass to the convention...unless you heard differently?

and the indie/clear channel thing.... i dont know all the specifics, but clear channel had an advertising deal with indie, to keep it afloat...but courts decided clear channel had too many stations (duh), and they dumped indie. but now indie is popular enough to do fine on its own.

Dead Cheerleader
10-12-2005, 10:44 PM
Oh well then that's a good thing. I thought they like sold to another station (something that happens a lot where I come from) but that's cool if Inde is now independent, ironic.

So about the gaming thing, that's lame they want money for a two day fest to see the Offy for like an hour. Maybe we should like crash it. But I guess that's the price you pay to see them. A positive note, if they are charging 120 to see them at a game thing, there won't be THAT many normal fans there. It will probably be a great show. Come on, you really should go. Although I spent 150 bucks to see NIN this last weekend so I probably can't afford it. The Dropkick Murphys are playing in Hollywood just so you know for 20 bucks. That's always an alternative.

StayInTheHouseCarl
10-12-2005, 10:50 PM
hmmmmmmmmm i might have to go :)

Dead Cheerleader
10-12-2005, 10:55 PM
To the Offy or DKM? The Offy would obviously be better. Good luck with either. If you make it to the Offy, tell Noodles hi for me ;)

pretty fly 88
10-13-2005, 06:15 AM
I've heard it tons of times. Living semi-close to Baltimore, with its amazing rock station 98Rock.

98 Rock? That station sucks. It might as well be called 98 talk, with all the talking the DJs do. HFS is twice as good, even though now it only airs nights and weekends. HFS gets the new music a lot faster than 98 rock, and 98 rock does not have an HFStival.

And I've never heard Next To You on 98 rock.

StayInTheHouseCarl
10-13-2005, 08:58 AM
the thing i dont understand about releasing "next to you" as a single too, is that its a secret track. if they are trying to drum up sales, it most likely wont because people will go to the store, pick up the greatest hits, but not see "next to you" written anywhere on it. then they will put it back and buy the new ricky martin album instead.

darko
10-13-2005, 12:27 PM
i guess its only in the USA then?

Nitro Monkey
10-13-2005, 02:08 PM
Heard it a few times on the radio and it never gets old. Turn the volume all the way up as with any Offspring song to fully enjoy the experience. The song starts off fast and those tend to be the best songs while driving in my opinion. Also heard the Police version once or twice since Offspring released their Greatest Hits cd.

Sinister
10-13-2005, 02:16 PM
never heard Next to You on the radio. yesterday they played I'm Just a Kid :eek:

4eh
10-13-2005, 02:30 PM
i was told that somebody had heard it, but as well The Offspring don't know how to do covers. as well, "next to you" by the Offspring is the same like "next to you" by the Police with new quality of sound. listen to the NOFX's "fan mail" cover (original by the Dickies) - that is cool. but anyway - "next to you" is a cool song.

Apathy
10-13-2005, 02:41 PM
[QUOTE=4eh]i was told that somebody had heard it, but as well The Offspring don't know how to do covers. QUOTE]

In my non-biased point of view, I honestly thing The Offspring does the best covers. Hey Joe, Next To You, Territorial Pissings, they were all awesome.

4eh
10-13-2005, 02:43 PM
In my non-biased point of view, I honestly thing The Offspring does the best covers. Hey Joe, Next To You, Territorial Pissings, they were all awesome.

they don't do covers, they just re-sing the songs. that's better. listen the original versions of that songs.

rodney mullen
10-14-2005, 11:58 AM
i have once

endlesst0m
10-14-2005, 12:57 PM
i'd say Next To You is thier best cover ever.

ashtray_girl_1
10-14-2005, 01:07 PM
next to you is one of their best songs, at least in my opinion

Original prankstA
10-14-2005, 02:15 PM
i agree great song

original_prankster
10-14-2005, 10:28 PM
Woot! (http://modernrock.com/charts/) Keep requesting it, people. We might get a video... Bowling For Soup released a video for 'Punk Rock 101', which was a hidden track on one of their CDs...from what I've read, anyway. Plus, that video rocks. (oh, and it makes fun of the punk clothing trend, so don't even rag on them for it.)

bd007h
10-14-2005, 10:29 PM
Punk Rock 101 wasn't a hidden track. At least I don't think so. I'll have to check up on that. I'm sure it was on the album Drunk Enough To Dance

original_prankster
10-14-2005, 10:32 PM
Hmmm. I dunno...I guess I'll have to buy the album. Heh.

But I read somewhere that it was a hidden track. :confused:

bd007h
10-14-2005, 10:35 PM
actually, now that I look at the track list, I think it was a hidden track.

Offspring7
10-15-2005, 03:54 AM
i haven't heard it on the radio yet...i rarely hear the offspring played. this one time like yesterday i requested the kids aren't alright but ended up falling asleep before it was played if it was played.

Hypodermic_89
10-15-2005, 04:28 AM
doesn't matter to me. I already got the GH cd

electric_alexa
10-15-2005, 06:09 AM
doesn't matter to me. I already got the GH cd
So do I. And yah, I also tink it's a hidden trac coz u have 2 wait 4 it like a min after TKAA(da remix) on GH. :D

endlesst0m
10-15-2005, 02:35 PM
sweet! i finally heard it on my station today :D

Unnatural Disaster
10-15-2005, 08:59 PM
The station I listen to barely plays any offspring songs

endlesst0m
10-19-2005, 02:22 PM
the song is starting to really do good now, the last chart i checked said its number 18 in the country for rock songs...

dalaksta
10-19-2005, 06:10 PM
yea agreed. Green Day is completely overated, how can anyone like that shit?

yea ive heard next to you on the radio

brothadave79
10-20-2005, 07:58 AM
It was playing in a bowling alley the other night. But they don't use the radio, they make their own playlist. It was good stuff bowling to it. I had my best game ever, haha.

Offspring7
10-22-2005, 10:17 PM
today....we were listening to this radio station....and they had a commercial for their new songs....and next to you was included! it was great! i freaked out and made my sister mad because i was so happy. and as well i heard come out and play. its my new favorite station.

endlesst0m
10-22-2005, 10:22 PM
i saw one chart that said its number 16th in the country for alternative rock singles. but its not in top 20 for the Official Billboard charts yet. i don't get the difference though...

I can't believe i obsess over this band so much that i track where thier latest single is on the charts lol.

original_prankster
10-22-2005, 10:36 PM
i saw one chart that said its number 16th in the country for alternative rock singles. but its not in top 20 for the Official Billboard charts yet. i don't get the difference though...

I can't believe i obsess over this band so much that i track where thier latest single is on the charts lol.
I do that, also. I suprise myself sometimes...

Offspring7
10-23-2005, 07:07 AM

don't worry...i did it too. i looked it up on billboard.com, but as you said its not up in the top 20 yet for either mainstream rock or modern rock.

Smashing
10-23-2005, 09:28 AM
i've haven't heard it on the radio yet but, thats because they changed the new rock radio station into a hip hop/pop/rap station. now i refuse to listen to the radio.

Evka.pl
10-23-2005, 09:35 AM
i've haven't heard it on the radio yet but, thats because they changed the new rock radio station into a hip hop/pop/rap station. now i refuse to listen to the radio.

same thing happened to my fav radio. it was even called 'rock-radio'. they've changed into 'roxi' a pop/rock/HH station and i stopped listening to the radio ever since,,,,

GreenTerror
10-23-2005, 05:09 PM
I have. The radio stations are cool here in AZ. Actually, they all suck ass except for The Edge 103.9

endlesst0m
10-26-2005, 03:24 PM
lol,I'm constantly hearing the song now...

Offspring7
10-29-2005, 05:22 PM
oh my gosh!!! 105.7 the x JUST picked up the song and i heard it!! i was like wooo!!!! and jumped around on my bed. so it was really cool.