PDA

View Full Version : Creepy lady

nieh
10-12-2005, 07:13 PM
Holy hell, there's this creepy lady that works at Wachovia near where I live. It all began about 2 1/2 years ago when I started working at my current company through the temp agency. There was this one lady that used be like "Hey! I used to cash your checks when you worked for Michael's! You have a brother named Justin too, right? Remind me, which one of you was it that used to work at KB Toys?" (fyi: it was my brother), "How are your parents, Joe and Pat? They haven't been here in a while." Then I got brought up to full time rather than being a temp and I started using direct deposit and never really had to cash anything, but on the rare occasion I did, she was never there. I figured either she was fired or moved on to some other bank to creep people out at. I just went to a different Wachovia in the area today and it turns out she works THERE now and she's like "Hi Josh! It's Wendy (I never knew her name before today)! How's it going? I used to cash your checks over at East Gate! How's your brother doing!?" It gives me the jibblies! I never spoke to her in my life and I'm sure my dad and my brother were the same way back when she did stuff for them, and she's like "HEY! I recognize your NAME! How are those other names that I don't see anymore doing?"

JohnnyNemesis
10-12-2005, 07:16 PM
This corroborates my theory (and characterizes me as a typical New Yorker) that New Jersey is one fucked up place.

nieh
10-12-2005, 07:18 PM
It can be about as fucked up as NYC is, but for totally different reasons.

Endymion
10-12-2005, 07:18 PM
i <3 josh.

Mota Boy
10-12-2005, 07:21 PM
Ha. I'm taking tango lessons this semester, and we rotate partners. There are five guys and about nine girls, so we rotate often. Though it's done through the school, only a few people actually go here. Perhaps half the women are around forty. Once, after the end of a set of steps, I didn't bother to take my hands down from one of the plumper mid-life women as the instrutor was explaining something, so she took it as a cue to start casually massaging one of my biceps. Just a bit creepy.

Rag Doll
10-12-2005, 07:39 PM
well damn, Josh, if it's not the creepy old women at Michael's checking out your ass, it's the creepy women in the bank being obsessed with you.

and i remember names at work (we have a club card system that you use with last names)...but i don't ask the people a billion questions...that's creepy.

Betty
10-12-2005, 07:39 PM
Both fantastic stories!

You know when somebody has pretty much zero social skills and you're just not interested in talking with them but they decide to be your friend and not leave you alone? And in my case, since I'm way too nice, I don't entirely tell them to get lost, but instead humour them a little bit? Well that happened to me today. This boy in math class asked to borrow my notes from Friday and since I said yes proceeded to sit beside me and make terrible, terrible small talk as I gave short uninspired responses while gazing at the blackboard. And then he even asked me what I was doing after class. He said he was in computer science though so maybe that explains it (no offense to the more normal computer nerds). It was very uncomfortable. I hope it does not become a repeat occurence.

nieh
10-12-2005, 07:46 PM
Mota: You totally should've hit that.
Sam: There's also the old woman that used to work in my building who when she quit told me "you're an inspiration to today's youth" when I never had more than small talk with her on like...3-4 occasions. Kinda random, but since I've worked here, there have been about 4 older black women and 3 of them were named Daisy.
Michelle: I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was being such a bother!

Rag Doll
10-12-2005, 07:52 PM
You should get with one of these old women, Josh. Maybe one is rich and will die and leave you a lot of money.

nieh
10-12-2005, 07:53 PM
If they were rich there's no way they would be working in the places they are.

Mota Boy
10-12-2005, 07:54 PM
Yeah buddy, you first. When I said "plump" I was being kind.

Rag Doll
10-12-2005, 07:54 PM
Maybe they're bored?

Either way, the old women love you. You should find a rich one. =p

Betty
10-12-2005, 07:55 PM
I used to love it when old men (some forties old, but some like 75) hit on me when I was a cashier. Most of the other girls said they were creeped out... hmmm...

coke_a_holic
10-12-2005, 07:58 PM
What's more fun than being stalked? Being talked to by random insane guys in a McDonalds, of course! This dude walks into the McDonalds I'm in, he seems well-kept, he's not homeless or anything. He starts just walking over to people and making ridiculous comments like "You're shirt is owned by Communism!" and "I bet you had to kill someone for those shoes!" I was just watching him talk to everyone for a minute before he walks right up to me and says something indistinguishable. I guess he knew that the staff saw him walking around, so he went over to the condiments bar, filled up about 8 things of ketchup, and ran out of the store without buying anything. It was quite possibly the strangest thing I had ever witnessed.

Human
10-12-2005, 08:00 PM
weird...
the closest experience like that that has happened to me was when this homeless dude in Canada gave me the middle finger after I ignored him when he offered me drugs. ha!

Endymion
10-12-2005, 09:30 PM
He said he was in computer science though so maybe that explains it
i'm physics AND computer science. i have both ends of the nerd/geek/dork spectrum against me.

Tizzalicious
10-13-2005, 12:26 AM
Haha. Creepy.

Mota is a great story teller. I think he should start doing topics like...Mota Boy's anecdote of the day//night.

Mota Boy
10-13-2005, 12:28 AM
Mota is a great story teller. I think he should start doing topics like...Mota Boy's anecdote of the day//night.
Yeah, but they're best in person. I think it'd lose a lot of its power if I only transcribed 'em - speaking and writing are different formats that require different rhythms. I hate passing jokes over the internet 'cause I can usually tell them much better in real life.

But I'm quite flattered.

Tizzalicious
10-13-2005, 12:29 AM
Yeah, but they're best in person. I think it'd lose a lot of its power if I only transcribed 'em - speaking and writing are different formats that require different rhythms. I hate passing jokes over the internet 'cause I can usually tell them much better in real life.

But I'm quite flattered.

True...but I guess they got better for the people who met you because they can picture you telling them.

Paint_It_Black
10-13-2005, 12:36 AM
Old women love me. I think it's because I have no attraction to them, and so my usual shyness isn't hindering me, and I can come across as pretty charming. Put me around someone I'm attracted to, however, and it's hard for me to string a single sentence together without sounding retarded. Real life sucks, long live the internet.

I second that.

Mota Boy
10-13-2005, 12:50 AM
Did I tell y'all about the time I got picked up by a gay French dude? I probably did, that's one of my best stories.

Paint_It_Black
10-13-2005, 01:00 AM
If you did, I must have missed it. It sounds like it deserves its own thread.

Mota Boy
10-13-2005, 01:05 AM
Another time, my friend. For it's already past three a.m. and I'm actually planning on going to my 9:35 class today. To compensate, I'll be skipping my one o'clock to go on a liquor run for underaged girls in exchange for a free lunch (Of course, I'd be skipping my one o'clock anyway).

T-6005
10-13-2005, 01:45 AM
Another time, my friend. For it's already past three a.m. and I'm actually planning on going to my 9:35 class today. To compensate, I'll be skipping my one o'clock to go on a liquor run for underaged girls in exchange for a free lunch (Of course, I'd be skipping my one o'clock anyway).

I want to do that someday. Except I have to get girls to skip their classes to get me alcohol for another few months (then again - convincing them is hardly an annoying process). Bloody Toronto and that arbitrary number 19....