PDA

View Full Version : It really sucks

ichoose90
10-13-2005, 01:12 PM
I have to see a psychologist and it's extremely weird. I don't really know the difference between a psychiatrist, psychologist, or counsler. They all seem relatively similar. Anyways, I have to talk to one because my parents are being really odd and it's supposed get me off drugs and help out with my anger issues. The first thing he said to me was that everything was going to be kept confidential between us except if I wanted to hurt someone, hurt myself, was being sexually abused, or was being physically abused. I don't relate to any of those. Moving on, about half-hour into the session he goes "What would you say if I could get you medicine that makes you feel like you do when you smoke pot but only this time it's legal so you won't get in trouble?" and I go "I'd probably feel a tad uncomfortable" and he goes "oh okay, but their just anti-depressants" and I'm like "FUCK NO!"

So yeah, it's kind of awkward. Has anyone else ever had to go through something like this?

Sinister
10-13-2005, 01:14 PM
had to get some "help" after I threatened to kill everyone at my school. Seriously. it sucked, but at the same time it kinda felt cool to have someone I could tell anything to and it would stay confidential. also got help for my self-esteem issues.

0r4ng3
10-13-2005, 01:16 PM
I don't really know the difference between a psychiatrist, psychologist, or counsler.
A psychatrist and a psycologist are very similar, only a psycologist can't perscribe drugs. There's probably a better explaination, but that's all I know. I used to go to a psyciatrist.

Edit: A better way of explaining it: A psychiatrist is a doctor, a psycologist is a scientist.

noodlesfan
10-13-2005, 01:16 PM
now that you see a psycologist, you have immunity from all punishment at school, congratulations, go flip a desk and throw a chair through a window.

killer_queen
10-13-2005, 01:17 PM
I guess psychiatrists can give medicines, psychologists can't.
And stop making things up. You don't have those problems and please don't act like you do to make yourself more interesting.

belen1979
10-13-2005, 01:28 PM
hmmm, i have never seen a psychologist, but sometimes it would be good, just when you have no-one near who wants to hear the problems you have and you really need to tell someone... just think he/she is like some kind of friend but he/she won't tell anybody a word you say...

ichoose90
10-13-2005, 01:28 PM
I guess psychiatrists can give medicines, psychologists can't.
And stop making things up. You don't have those problems and please don't act like you do to make yourself more interesting.

Listen, cunt. You don't fucking know me. You have never met me. Don't make fucking acusations. You can choose what to believe and what not to believe but if your going to post, then have some fucking brains. My entire topic is true. If you can't deal with it than shut the fuck up about it. Your right. I have no problems. I just have normal teenage traits. You, on the otherhand, have serious problems. Just going into a topic about a situation, in which you have no idea is real or not, and blabbing your fucking mouth open. I didn't ask for an opinion. I asked if anyone has a similar situation. I don't know how nice I can put this, but I tried. Suck my balls, you cunt.

killer_queen
10-13-2005, 01:31 PM
Oh my God! You called me cunt. What am I gonna do?

Sinister
10-13-2005, 01:32 PM
go sit in a corner and listen to linCUNT park ? j/k.

memento
10-13-2005, 01:50 PM
Lots of people on the forums used to be on meds/are on meds.

I was on them. But I found getting sex was a better cure.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
10-13-2005, 02:31 PM
Lolz, drugz, your h4rdk0r3.

Aimeht
10-13-2005, 03:02 PM
I have to see a psychologist and it's extremely weird. I don't really know the difference between a psychiatrist, psychologist, or counsler. They all seem relatively similar. Anyways, I have to talk to one because my parents are being really odd and it's supposed get me off drugs and help out with my anger issues. The first thing he said to me was that everything was going to be kept confidential between us except if I wanted to hurt someone, hurt myself, was being sexually abused, or was being physically abused. I don't relate to any of those. Moving on, about half-hour into the session he goes "What would you say if I could get you medicine that makes you feel like you do when you smoke pot but only this time it's legal so you won't get in trouble?" and I go "I'd probably feel a tad uncomfortable" and he goes "oh okay, but their just anti-depressants" and I'm like "FUCK NO!"

So yeah, it's kind of awkward. Has anyone else ever had to go through something like this?

Haha, yeah... I'm in therapy, I have to go every week for a couple of months. I've met that kind of people (psychiatrists, psychologists, counslers) since I was about fourteen years old. I've had medication too. But I didn't think it helped me so much so I stopped taking them.

Sunny
10-13-2005, 03:05 PM
Moving on, about half-hour into the session he goes "What would you say if I could get you medicine that makes you feel like you do when you smoke pot but only this time it's legal so you won't get in trouble?" and I go "I'd probably feel a tad uncomfortable" and he goes "oh okay, but their just anti-depressants"

oh my god... he's so fucking full of shit.

BREAK
10-13-2005, 03:23 PM
Ha-ha, mommy & daddy won't let you smoke pot.

Tired_Of_You
10-13-2005, 04:18 PM
A psychatrist and a psycologist are very similar, only a psycologist can't perscribe drugs. There's probably a better explaination, but that's all I know. I used to go to a psyciatrist.

Edit: A better way of explaining it: A psychiatrist is a doctor, a psycologist is a scientist.I think it is changing right now. I've heard some psychologists in the United States can now prescribe pills. Psychologists and psychiatrists are getting more and more the same.

ichoose90
10-14-2005, 08:59 AM
Ha-ha, mommy & daddy won't let you smoke pot.

I know, I'm so uncool now. Get a life.