PDA

View Full Version : Pet problems!

leo3375
11-26-2004, 07:44 PM
I woke up this morning and checked on my pet tarantulas, like I usually do when I first get up. Xilonen, my Mexican Redknee, did not look good at all. She was very limp and did not respond to being tapped on her abdomen or on her legs (both or which usually result in her kicking hairs and scurrying a bit).

Fearing the worst, I transferred her to a super-clean deli cup lined with warm, moist paper towels. The worst-case scenario is that she's dead. Best-case scenario is that she's going to molt very, very soon.

A lot of people are scared of spiders, especially big ones, but Xilo is one of my babies. She and my other tarantulas have helped me get through a very rough time in my life.

Rag Doll
11-26-2004, 08:04 PM
I'm sorry =(. I'm not a spider fan (my dad used to have a tarantula, and it scared the hell out of me)...but it's always sad when a pet is sick or you lose one. =\

wliethof
11-27-2004, 03:10 AM
I was made to hold a tarantula once. Nearly fainted.

Check out a vet?

Vera
11-27-2004, 03:21 AM
The problem of course is that many vets only know how to handle your basic dogs, cats, bunnies, guinea pigs and chinchillas, not many know too much about reptiles or spiders.

Still, they might know something. Take it to the vet.

Or find some tarantula-forum on the internet where people know their stuff and are willing to help. That's what I do when I get worried about my gecko - as I fear a regular vet might not know shit about geckos.

the_GoDdEsS
11-27-2004, 03:22 AM
I like spiders. Good luck with the sweet thing.

leo3375
11-27-2004, 05:45 AM
I checked on her again this morning, and she's still unresponsive. I'm giving her a couple more days before throwing in the towel. I'm also thinking of taking her to the reptile shop (yes, they do know quite a bit about tarantulas) to see if they have a prognosis and any more advice.

punk_flamingo
11-27-2004, 05:51 AM
I woke up this morning and checked on my pet tarantulas, like I usually do when I first get up. Xilonen, my Mexican Redknee, did not look good at all. She was very limp and did not respond to being tapped on her abdomen or on her legs (both or which usually result in her kicking hairs and scurrying a bit).

Fearing the worst, I transferred her to a super-clean deli cup lined with warm, moist paper towels. The worst-case scenario is that she's dead. Best-case scenario is that she's going to molt very, very soon.

A lot of people are scared of spiders, especially big ones, but Xilo is one of my babies. She and my other tarantulas have helped me get through a very rough time in my life.

I love spiders - take her to the pet shop ay. I got bit by a redback a few weeks ago, didnt hurt a bit - infact I didnt realise until my whole leg went numb.

Still, their cute little critters.

Linda
11-27-2004, 09:14 PM
I checked on her again this morning, and she's still unresponsive. I'm giving her a couple more days before throwing in the towel. I'm also thinking of taking her to the reptile shop (yes, they do know quite a bit about tarantulas) to see if they have a prognosis and any more advice.

If you really love her that much, don't wait a couple more days. Take her right away to see if they can help. A couple more days could be too late.

Revolver-2005?
11-27-2004, 09:25 PM
im sorry but i hate spiders...one less in the world is a better world for me...sorry

punkangel
11-29-2004, 03:04 PM
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

lousyskater
11-29-2004, 03:14 PM
hope everything turns out ok with your tarantula. i used to have one a long time ago. they kick ass. cant remember what kind of tarantula it was though.

DUKESTER76
11-29-2004, 03:18 PM
take it to a specialty vet or just go to the pet store as you said, they should know something.

leo3375
11-29-2004, 04:33 PM
It is with great sadness that Xilonen, my little Mexican Redknee, has died. I'm not exactly sure how or why but I have no regrets or guilt. I did what I knew and did my best to nurse the little bugger back but to no avail. No "If-only's" or "what-if's" but merely "I did the best I could, and did what I knew."

Jebus
11-29-2004, 04:37 PM
RIP XILO

Do you keep you tarantuals in the same place? Maybe the other one killed it. I don't know much about tarantulas but it might be a possibility.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-29-2004, 09:22 PM
im sorry but i hate spiders...one less in the world is a better world for me...sorry

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

-Sigh- Why post. Seriously, why.

mr uk man
11-30-2004, 10:18 AM
:(
probably dead sorry dude :(