PDA

View Full Version : You know you need a better job when...

Paint_It_Black
10-16-2005, 02:42 AM
This is for all of my fellow under-achievers working shitty jobs. I'll get you started.

You know you need a better job when half the people you work with think 75 minutes (1 hour 15 minutes) would be 1.15 hours. Even worse, some of them (and amazingly this includes my manager) understand that 90 minutes (1 hour 30 minutes) is 1.5 hours, but still think that 75 minutes is 1.15

I was getting slightly screwed on my pay until I noticed this. I can't believe I have to correct my manager.

Nina
10-16-2005, 04:05 AM
You know you need a better job when only the cleaning staff gets less than you do.

memento
10-16-2005, 04:15 AM
People in Africa don't have jobs.

Nina
10-16-2005, 04:16 AM
Yeah, NO ONE in Africa has a job.

JoY
10-16-2005, 04:22 AM
People in Africa don't have jobs.
a nice chunk of Africa owes it to Mugabe. he got entire Zimbabwe to drive the whites away, the main source of income there.

& they have jobs. they just don't pay a whole lot, but that's okay, because nothing costs a lot. for a huge amount of Africans the situation isn't that bad. although, yeah, it's pretty far from ideal.

you know your job sucks when people hire you to rape creativity.

wheelchairman
10-16-2005, 04:39 AM
A large portion of Africa's problems existed before Mugabe. Mugabe is only singled out because he took jobs from whites, instead of the other way around. I don't like Mugabe but that is one of the unfortunate things about the situation.

You wanna hear about degrading work? If my job interview went as succesful as I think it did, I'm about to become a secretary's secretary.

JoY
10-16-2005, 04:43 AM
no more Per the mailman?? =(

& I know. those problems go back centuries. but you know all about my untamed rage & hatred towards Mugabe.

wheelchairman
10-16-2005, 04:44 AM
No, the post-office really fucked me over. They said I was the perfect candidate and that I should apply again in Summer, and when I did, they rejected me because I had already applied once.

Either way, it was a saturday morning job, and in hindsight, that's not so good a job to have, since it means Friday nights, by necessity will have to be dull.

edit: Mugabe deserves it. :)

Paint_It_Black
10-16-2005, 06:43 AM
You know you need a better job when only the cleaning staff gets less than you do.

Ha, you reminded me of something else. I should have been given an evaluation with a good possibility of a raise a few months ago. This was agreed when I accepted the job. Then when I asked about it I was told I couldn't even get the evaluation because the owner was refusing to give anyone raises. When I pointed out that none of the issues he had recently complained about related to my job performance, I was then told that because I was at a "high rate of pay" already I'd have to wait a few more months for the evaluation I had been promised. A high rate of pay. I make $7.25 an hour. Other places tend to start at least a dollar more than that for the job I do. So I figured it was just bullshit. Then I did some checking, and discovered that it is a high rate of pay for that place. Most people get somewhere between $6.50 and $7. I so need a better job.

dalaksta
10-16-2005, 07:55 AM
This is for all of my fellow under-achievers working shitty jobs. I'll get you started.

You know you need a better job when half the people you work with think 75 minutes (1 hour 15 minutes) would be 1.15 hours. Even worse, some of them (and amazingly this includes my manager) understand that 90 minutes (1 hour 30 minutes) is 1.5 hours, but still think that 75 minutes is 1.15

I was getting slightly screwed on my pay until I noticed this. I can't believe I have to correct my manager.
OMG!!!
are you serious they know that 1 1/2 hours, 90 minutes, is 1.5 hours but they don't know what 75, 1.25 hours, is?

dalaksta
10-16-2005, 07:56 AM
they have to be morons then
BIG ONES!

voodoomagik
10-16-2005, 08:11 AM
You know you need a better job when you do all the work, including the coordinator's work, you not only come up with the idea of the project, you also come up with motto's for it, all that in a team of 3 under the supervision of a project coordinator, who ends up getting all the credit....

Mota Boy
10-16-2005, 01:58 PM
Ha, my last boss was crazy. When I say "crazy" I don't mean it in the casual, everyday sense that means "wacky". I mean that, unless she was taking certain medications, she saw things that weren't there.

Now that's just background. I could go on for pages about her crazy shenanigans.

Tizzalicious
10-16-2005, 05:53 PM
Ha, my last boss was crazy. When I say "crazy" I don't mean it in the casual, everyday sense that means "wacky". I mean that, unless she was taking certain medications, she saw things that weren't there.

Now that's just background. I could go on for pages about her crazy shenanigans.
You've peaked my interest, share.

- WCM