PDA

View Full Version : The gigs

Gabriel
10-22-2004, 02:02 PM
Can someone tell me, why Offspring're playing on gigs allways the same crap?
I mean- like for us, it can be funny, but they're playing the same songs again, and again... and this fameous conversation:
Dex:Hey, are you haveing a good time?
Crowd: YEAH
Dex: Noodles, are you having a good time?
Noodles: I'm having a fucking great time! (playing self estem thousand time? I don't think so...)
They have so many, such a beautiful songs... damn look on AFI's gigs, this guys are kicks!

Inferno
10-22-2004, 02:04 PM
they play those songs because thats what the crowd wants :rolleyes:

RonWelty
10-22-2004, 02:05 PM
here in portugal there was some conversation that made the crowd insane

Noodles: DEXTER I GOT TWO WORDS FOR U : "SUPER-BOCK" ( a beer trend)

he drunk a little and then throw the bottle to the mosh pit and he started to yell
LISBOA . LISBOA !!!
that was fuckin great
and in lisbon 2001 noodles / dexter went during the second support band(AFI) and helped during TOTAL IMMORTAL ...that was fuckin great too!

Tired_Of_You
10-22-2004, 02:06 PM
During the show in Montreal Noodles and Dexter said that we were all so sexy

Chainsaw
10-22-2004, 02:06 PM
Yeaaa...talking to the crowd is almost always the same.... and i'd like it if they'd play sth from ignition or s/t, but that'll probably never happen...:(

Subsidal
10-22-2004, 02:07 PM
First, like Inferno said, that's exactly what the crowd wants & secondly, .. wrong forum :)

RonWelty
10-22-2004, 02:08 PM
they played MOTA in brazil , so ...we can hope that greg k. will make some changes in the future setlists

Gabriel
10-22-2004, 02:18 PM
You know Subsidal(cheers anyway), my thread isn't about gigs, but about that what guys from the band think about their fans... I can't imagne that most people from my country want to hear 'pretty crap' on gigs :)

Subsidal
10-22-2004, 02:23 PM
:) Sure, but in the ends it's about the songs they play in concert & so I'd count it to the Tour area

But, .. have I mention that Self Esteem sucks? :D

Gabriel
10-22-2004, 02:48 PM
yeah, in my opinion self esteem was pretty good recorded, but it's that kind of songs that I can listen 2 or 3 times, that's all...

Subsidal
10-22-2004, 02:57 PM
Yea, that song is really good, but if you hear it again & again & again it starts to suck balls. They should really come up with something new