PDA

View Full Version : Humbuckers

Matt.B
10-16-2005, 04:04 AM
I'm thinking about buying a new guitar cause at the moment i got a cheap squire guitar. I'm sick of the constant buzzing sound from single coil pickups, so i was thinking of buying a fender mexican fat strat. It has a humbucker at the neck and bridge position, though no middle pickup at all. Would this be a good set up to play offspring songs with? Do humbuckers still give a good clean tone?

igniton/pyro
10-16-2005, 04:08 AM
................................................ok ............................................

SkyRocker
10-16-2005, 04:11 AM
You guys should change your avs...

That_Guy91
10-16-2005, 05:19 AM
I'm thinking about buying a new guitar cause at the moment i got a cheap squire guitar. I'm sick of the constant buzzing sound from single coil pickups, so i was thinking of buying a fender mexican fat strat. It has a humbucker at the neck and bridge position, though no middle pickup at all. Would this be a good set up to play offspring songs with? Do humbuckers still give a good clean tone?
well the offspring's guitars have humbuckers, so id say yes, its a good set up. and for clean tones, try the neck pickup. it sounds better then the bridge.

dalaksta
10-16-2005, 06:57 AM
you guys are confusing. im just learning to play the guitar and don't really even own one yet. God, its really hard to play too

Jebus
10-16-2005, 12:11 PM
I prefer humbuckers because they give a "fatter" and fullerl sound to your tone with an emphasis on the bass and lower mids section of the eq spectrum. Single coils lean more toward the treble side which is okay for certain types of music. In general, people prefer cleans on a single coil guitars but you could still get some nice cleans from humbuckers.

coke_a_holic
10-16-2005, 12:34 PM
I actually own a similar guitar to the one you want. I have a Mexican HSS Strat, and I would say it's perfect for the music you want to play and the music you will want to play when you grow out of the Offspring. I used to only use humbucker because I used to play things like Offspring, Green Day, Nirvana, etc, etc. But recently I've been using that neck pickup with the tones down to 0 and whatnot, and it gives it this rich muddy tone that I'm in love with. So, yes, buy the guitar.